S26: Sherri

This topic has been archived. This means that you cannot reply to this topic.

64 replies to this topic

Pin

Pin

Video Archivist

Posted Jan 11, 2013 @ 11:38 PM

Hi. I identify with Parvati. Despite being older and not half as pretty.

Older women typically go out in the earlier weeks. If she's any good in challenges and/or gets into a good enough alliance, I think she can buck the trend. But it'll depend on how well she can play her cards.

Isuzu

Isuzu

Fanatic

Posted Jan 12, 2013 @ 7:17 AM

Well, Denise has just won and Lisa was in the F3 as well. Being an older woman is not always the death sentence it appears, and she does appear to be quite fit so there's that as well. I also don't think she meant she was like Parvati because she was hot (and I personally don't think she's ugly ). I mean, a lot of players, including guys, said they were most like Parvati and really, if you want a dominant, strategic player that is also a female, it's basically her or Kim (they haven't seen Denise yet).

Oholibamah

Oholibamah

Stalker

Posted Jan 12, 2013 @ 5:06 PM

I identify with Parvati. Despite being older and not half as pretty.

What's interesting about Parvati is that she actually isn't as pretty as she lets on. Of course she's pretty, but 90% of her appeal is her charm and personality. There have been plenty of women on Survivor who are technically more attractive, yet didn't have even half the success at playing the "flirt" as Parvati.

I think Sherri is pretty striking, and appears to be in insanely good shape. We'll see if lightning strikes twice and she wins right after Denise!

Hanahope

Hanahope

Fanatic

Posted Jan 15, 2013 @ 10:53 AM

Well, Tina was also older and apparently pretty strategic, and Sophie was also strategic and both were decent enough at challenges (i.e. not completely sucky like Sandra). People also tend to forget Danni, who yes, had luck on her side, but she was good at challenges and capable enough to stay in the game when the rest of her tribe got voted off.

Isuzu

Isuzu

Fanatic

Posted Jan 16, 2013 @ 12:56 AM

Of course, but none of them (but maybe Tina 12 years ago) were prominent in the edit of their season. People tend to glom to very visible players in that sort of question, and Danni and Sophie just weren't.

ratgirlagogo

ratgirlagogo

Fanatic

Posted Feb 21, 2013 @ 8:21 PM

On the one hand as an older woman I like to see older women do well on this show that does not in general favor older women. So far Sherri seems to be pleasant, intelligent, and a student of the game (maybe a little too much so). On the other hand she looks super "freshened" facially and it's hard to look at. I know I'm being unfair, since I don't know what prompted the surgery, but it bothers me.

CletusMusashi

CletusMusashi

Fanatic

Posted Feb 21, 2013 @ 11:44 PM

I love her game thus far. She seems to know why, how, and when to control each member of her alliance. Matt could be a potential wild card, but she reigned him in just fine this week. Oh, I know some of it's just the edit, but the way it's presented makes her look so solidly in control of them that I've been calling her entire group the cougar cubs.

Muscade

Muscade

Video Archivist

Posted Feb 22, 2013 @ 10:12 AM

She's good. I'm still reminded on that strategic older lady on the fans' tribe in FvF that got doomed through no fault on her own, so I'm kind of waiting for the other shoe to drop and wishing that it doesn't drop.

kstar821

kstar821

Loyal Viewer

Posted Feb 22, 2013 @ 12:38 PM

Does anyone else think Sherri looks exactly like Elisabeth Hasselbeck + 10 years? Just me?

loki567

loki567

Couch Potato

Posted Feb 22, 2013 @ 2:20 PM

Somebody made the comparison to an older Natalie B and now I can't not see it. Even her mannerisms scream Natalie.
'

coolarrow

coolarrow

Just Tuned In

Posted Feb 22, 2013 @ 2:53 PM

She looks more like Sandra Bullock to me. I think I'm gonna hitch on to her. I'm liking her thinking and looks too!

CletusMusashi

CletusMusashi

Fanatic

Posted Feb 22, 2013 @ 9:00 PM

Muscade, that's Tracy that you're thinking of. I've had the very same thought repeatedly. If Tracy hadn't been stuck trying to work with Chet, she might have done as well as I think Sherri will.

Babalu

Babalu

Couch Potato

Posted Feb 23, 2013 @ 6:06 AM

I was wondering why I got a slight frisson of discomfort whenever I saw her, since I do quite like her. Then it occurred to me that she reminds me of like a blonde Kris Jenner. Ick. I hope I can get over that.

Muscade

Muscade

Video Archivist

Posted Feb 23, 2013 @ 10:17 AM

Thanks, CletusMusashi, it was indeed Tracy.

chaingunsofdoom

chaingunsofdoom

Just Tuned In

Posted Mar 1, 2013 @ 4:48 PM

+1 to Coolarrow. Spitting image of Sandra Bullock IMHO.

keram

keram

Fanatic

Posted Mar 7, 2013 @ 1:02 AM

Really, Sherri? You just lost some points with me.

First you mock Eddie ... not like I care for Eddie too much. But still, it was unnecessary.

Then, you serve Shamar Rice. What the hell is that?

KimberStormer

KimberStormer

Couch Potato

Posted Mar 7, 2013 @ 1:06 AM

What was with her screaming at the beginning? I feel like nobody's getting a positive edit but Phillip.

kikaha

kikaha

Couch Potato

Posted Mar 7, 2013 @ 2:54 AM

Really, Sherri? You just lost some points with me.

First you mock Eddie ... not like I care for Eddie too much. But still, it was unnecessary.

And this was after she had egged on Shamar, which made sure the tribe stayed divided, in turmoil and on constant edge. She's very manipulative, good for no one but herself, and I really don't like her.

firebookie1

firebookie1

Video Archivist

Posted Mar 7, 2013 @ 8:00 AM

Does anyone else wonder how she has such amazing eyelashes? Fake?

Muscade

Muscade

Video Archivist

Posted Mar 7, 2013 @ 10:39 AM

I've been on the fence until now about her, because while at least she had a strategy I wasn't convinced she would be able to pull it out. As much as B Rob is reviled by some, it takes some special abilities to be able to work with a nutcase.

Obviously, that first angle is gone. Now it remains to be seen what she'll do from now on. I'm wondering if the remaining players are aware that she was the one intent of keeping Shamar. I also don't know how antagonistic she has been or been perceived to be towards the two outcasts (which ironically happen to be the cool kids). That could come into play in case of a reshuffle.

I don't like her for forcing the Shamar show on me but reserve judgement. Let's see what she's up to next. Her odds have gone down, if she can work it from here and adjust to this unforseen scenario, all the more power to her, but at this stage I'm not really holding my breath. Hope I'm proved wrong!

orionlion

orionlion

Fanatic

Posted Mar 7, 2013 @ 10:51 AM

I think her initial strategy was a good one and effective (She knocked out two of the Cool Kids right off the bat) But her overall plan to keep Shamar as her goat (or her "Philip" as it were) was too short sighted. She not only encouraged him to keep up his obnoxiousness which alignated not only her enemies but also her alliance- but she didn't notice that he was busy playing both sides when he tried to slip Hope some information. The instant she realized he was playing more against her than for her- she needed to switch up the strategy- get rid of him (though his eye injury took care of that)

As it turned out, she and Julie are probably the next to have targets on their backs as the "weaker" players (and truth be told, she has been pretty weak in the challanges) and her alliance is all shot to hell.

When she was going off on Eddie, she sounded like a crazy woman. I'll put it to lack of sleep and hunger and dealing with way too much whining (from both Shamar and the remaining Cool Kid Duo)

Unless there's a major tribal shake up, I'm pegging her as the next to go unless they boot Julie first.

Oh well, at least she'll still have a career as Sandra Bullock's Body Double.

ByaNose

ByaNose

Fanatic

Posted Mar 7, 2013 @ 11:59 AM

And, it was becasue of Sherri that they,lost the immunity challenge. Now, we (I) don't know that for sure but she was the first to swim out and barely made it and couldn't hit her tile. So, right off the bat it was becasue of her. And, if it wasn't for her mortal enemy Reynold it wouldn't have even been a contest but he almost won it for them. Her strategy of using a Shamar wasn't a bad plans on Day 2 but after that she really should have dumped him& gotten rifd of one of the girls. Time will tell, of course. She is getting lots of air time so maybe she makes the merge (spoiler free) and, might go further. Also, on a shallow note I would like her to make the jury to see how she cleans up. She is pretty now and she is starving & dirty but you can imagine when she gets a shower. Yowza!!!!!!

ratgirlagogo

ratgirlagogo

Fanatic

Posted Mar 8, 2013 @ 4:53 PM

I am actually really interested to see what she does next. Shamar was a cornerstone of her original plan and now he's gone. Great Survivor players always have plans, B and C and D when plan A goes south. That she would vote out Laura suggests that she does have other plans and I want to see what they are.

ByaNose

ByaNose

Fanatic

Posted Mar 8, 2013 @ 7:02 PM

I guess she is going to try and work with Reynold & Eric. At least, she'll will try this & hope for a tribe switch or merge. I also think she might have some trouble if the four guys get together too. She might have been able to handle Shamar leaving but I don't think she counted on Laura too. So, that might really ruin Plan B or C, if she had one.

JstaPwn

JstaPwn

Loyal Viewer

Posted Mar 9, 2013 @ 1:26 AM

Wasn't Sherri responsible for putting them way behind in the first (or maybe) second challenge they did? She kept diving underwater and tired quickly but wouldn't get out to let anyone else have a try until it was almost too late. I was thinking she was responsible for them losing another one but I could be wrong. I remember wondering then why her name wasn't tossed around for elimination.

Anyway, I don't really care for her and I don't really know why. She just kinda rubs me the wrong way.

MethodActor05

MethodActor05

Stalker

Posted Mar 14, 2013 @ 4:22 AM

She really is the spitting image of Sandra Bullock in the Blind Side.

I like her, but I don't see her as going that far. She's not strong enough to win challenges like Denise did, and she's not really staying under the radar like Lisa did. I can see her making it to the merge, but not much further.

neplusultra

neplusultra

Couch Potato

Posted Apr 17, 2013 @ 4:44 AM

Any idea why Malcolm said she was "weird" and uncomfortable to talk to?

Muscade

Muscade

Video Archivist

Posted Apr 17, 2013 @ 9:07 AM

Maybe she sees him as the ennemy, as he's allied with the two remaining people from her tribe who were never in her alliance ?

ByaNose

ByaNose

Fanatic

Posted Apr 17, 2013 @ 12:33 PM

I'm guessing since she was always against Eddie & Reynold that she didn't give off the warm & fuzzy tone like Denise & Lisa. Sherri seems to be talking to Phillip to stay in his good graces & I think she is hanging out more with the girls too. I think Malcolm is just too far out her circle to enage conversation to. Just speculating of course.

alanfm2

alanfm2

Video Archivist

Posted Apr 17, 2013 @ 1:04 PM

But, Sherri also said that she liked Eddie as long as he wasn't with Reynold. Perhaps battle lines are clearer now.

I like her to a degree, because Sherri is hard to predict, and, I believe, ruthless. Sherri will get rid of Phillip...bet on it.

Edited by alanfm2, Apr 17, 2013 @ 1:04 PM.