Vanderpump Rules

• Please log in to reply

2356 replies to this topic

Fuzzysox

Fuzzysox

Couch Potato

Posted Jan 22, 2014 @ 6:38 PM

How many more days til StASSi's birthday????

TheReege

TheReege

Channel Surfer

Posted Jan 22, 2014 @ 7:23 PM

Ariana is one of my favorites but I think she has feelings for Tom and they've had many " golden nuggets". She lied for him and would have at least some empathy for Kristen before some of the crazy if not. She was super condescending about the rumors. There's a difference between saying something didn't happen to avoid drama and treating the thought as if it's absolutely preposterous. Regardless of the fact that he's not in love with Kristen either she's still his girlfriend and he doesn't seem like he wants to leave her for Ariana anytime soon. Or the fact that she's prettier, smarter, and cooler than her. He'd rather have his dysfunction and side dish as they are. Although he would probably be happier if they were more satisfied in their roles.   

DrogosHorse

DrogosHorse

Couch Potato

Posted Jan 22, 2014 @ 7:35 PM

How many more days til StASSi's birthday???? 

Too many.  And so, in the spirit of the Mad Hatter, StASSi has decided to begin celebrating UNbirthdays.  

swineinny

swineinny

Fanatic

Posted Jan 22, 2014 @ 8:28 PM

Er, I thought every day is Stassi's birthday.  It is -- at least in her world.

I predicted Stassi was gonna be buds with Ariana  -- I really did, but forgot to post on here.  Stassi -- a fair-weather friend?  Man, I can't keep track of whether she likes Scheana or hates her.  Seems to change every other second.  Stassi is every bit as fucking insane as Kristen.  She did supposedly let Jax bang her for 3 years.  And Jax has gotta be the oiliest, sleaziest scuzzball character on reality TV since Slade.

iluvtv313

iluvtv313

Couch Potato

Posted Jan 22, 2014 @ 9:03 PM

I get chlamydia when I watch the opening credits, so I FF through them now. 

Speaking of opening credits, I can't understand any of the lyrics of the opening song except "these are the best days of our lives…."  If that's true, that's even sadder than Kristin and Tom's apartment.  

Edited by iluvtv313, Jan 22, 2014 @ 9:06 PM.

Persnickety13

Persnickety13

Fanatic

Posted Jan 22, 2014 @ 9:16 PM

Speaking of opening credits, I can't understand any of the lyrics of the opening song except "these are the best days of our lives…."  If that's true, that's even sadder than Kristin and Tom's apartment.  

I can't help but giggle during the opening credits with that "these are the best days of our lives" song playing in the background.  

If wading about in that cesspool of STDs running rampant and bitching all day, every day are "the best days of our lives," their golden years are going to be an epic fail.

Every time I see the commercial now, though, I wring my hands in anticipation of seeing Stassi whomping on Kristen.  Shit's gonna get real next week...probably in the last 3 minutes of the show, but still, CAN'T. WAIT.

SunBun

SunBun

Fanatic

Posted Jan 22, 2014 @ 9:35 PM

I can't help but giggle during the opening credits with that "these are the best days of our lives" song playing in the background.  

If wading about in that cesspool of STDs running rampant and bitching all day, every day are "the best days of our lives," their golden years are going to be an epic fail.

Every time I see the commercial now, though, I wring my hands in anticipation of seeing Stassi whomping on Kristen.  Shit's gonna get real next week...probably in the last 3 minutes of the show, but still, CAN'T. WAIT.

Oh that horrid intro song. Who in the Hell sings that and what in the Hell *is* that bitch squealing out in the first line before that second laughable line, "these are the best days of our lives"?!

I love how StASSi was bragging about her awesome "restaurant hours" that allowed the whole gang to be able to lay around by the pool all day because they work nights.
Speaking as a former cocktail waitress, there's absolutely nothing glamorous about working nights. Most people don't do it for long because we'd *prefer* to enjoy a regular daily work schedule and free nights to go out and relax. With friends OUTSIDE of work---the whole reason those guys are so incestuously co-mingling is because they can't meet anyone outside of SUR thanks to those crazy hours.
In fact, I was typically so worn out after a night of waitressing that I just wanted to sleep and do nothing truly productive all day.

Maybe they just don't work all that hard at SUR---seeing as though they seem to spend most of their shifts gossiping/smoking outside together, it doesn't surprise me that they can party by the pool all day long.

I dunno, they just seem so sad and lost to me. I had a lot of crappy jobs in my early-mid 20's too while I was trying to "find myself", but the ones like Jax and Kristen who have been there a few years and are in their 30's just seem especially pathetic.
Forget the whole acting/modeling thing, guys; what *are* your realistic, ultimate professional goals beyond working at SUR until well in your 40's and up??

Shella

Shella

Loyal Viewer

Posted Jan 22, 2014 @ 9:46 PM

This forum lately is like the gift that keeps on giving, like the STDs the cast passes around.  A quick google search tells me that the theme song is called "Raise Your Glass" by Dena Deadly.  I wish I was making that name up.  But I'm not.

ghoulina

ghoulina

Fanatic

Posted Jan 22, 2014 @ 10:05 PM

My favorite part about the opening is when Scheana whips her hair around as if she's attempting to give herself whiplash. Oh, and when Kristen is all hanging off of Tom's arm at the end with her super serious "model' face on. These people really do think they're the hottest things since sliced bread.

OnceSane

OnceSane

Fanatic

Posted Jan 22, 2014 @ 10:12 PM

This will be so freakin' awesome.  I hope Kristen's post-whomp meltdown is EPIC.

Cookie Hoarder

Cookie Hoarder

Fanatic

Posted Jan 23, 2014 @ 5:57 AM

I dunno, they just seem so sad and lost to me. I had a lot of crappy jobs in my early-mid 20's too while I was trying to "find myself", but the ones like Jax and Kristen who have been there a few years and are in their 30's just seem especially pathetic.

Somewhere in the last couple of episodes Lisa said that Kristen has worked for her for seven years. Seven years is a long time to wait tables without becoming a manager, a hostess, going to bartender school, going to chef school, etc. No other opportunities have come along in that time? She hasn't ever tried to do anything else that would move her above waiting tables?

DrSparkles

DrSparkles

Couch Potato

Posted Jan 23, 2014 @ 8:08 AM

I get chlamydia when I watch the opening creditsarrow-10x10.png, so I FF through them now.

Heh. I apply Abreva before watching this show.

I came here to post something similar, but I can't top these!

I love how StASSi was bragging about her awesome "restaurant hours" that allowed the whole gang to be able to lay around by the pool all day because they work nights.

I waited tables in my 20s & also loved laying around the beach/pool all day every day. However, I didn't think it made me super special or mo better than anyone else.

This forum lately is like the gift that keeps on giving, like the STDs the cast passes around. A quick google search tells me that the theme song is called "Raise Your Glass" by Dena Deadly.

<thud> That's me, hitting the floor, dying from laughter! I am so introducing myself as Dena Deadly to someone this weekend!!!

jaync

jaync

Fanatic

Posted Jan 23, 2014 @ 3:00 PM

I'm pretty sure Tom yelling at Jax was totally scripted, but I just loved his use of the word "shambles".

That, and his use of "granderous". "Why do you have to get all ghetto at fucking SUR, man?" was pretty good, too.

Hopefully, more of these will be made for this season.

Real or rehearsed, that whack looks like a wow factor. Never would I thought I'd be looking more forward to an episode of this show than RHWoBH. 

Arieadne

Arieadne

Loyal Viewer

Posted Jan 23, 2014 @ 4:14 PM

Didn't ya'll hear? Its Stassi's birthday everyday! We all need to bow at her magnificence!!

Persnickety13

Persnickety13

Fanatic

Posted Jan 23, 2014 @ 4:32 PM

That, and his use of "granderous". 

Oh lord, I'm glad I not the only one who had a WTF moment with that one.

Jax-O-Lantern, I believe the word you were aiming for but missed was "grandiose."  

That's really a word about which ALL of this cast should be very knowledgeable.  Oy.

ubi

ubi

Stalker

Posted Jan 23, 2014 @ 5:52 PM

Yeah Jax, you be" soooo  pretty" (in your own mind) how could any street thug in jail for 8 months resist you.

Advanced syphilis and smoking crack helps.

I wouldn't be surprised if it was Schemer who sings that terrible song in the opening credits.

RubberDuckie

RubberDuckie

Loyal Viewer

Posted Jan 23, 2014 @ 5:57 PM

Some woman named Dena Deadly sings the theme. I don't think Schema can "sing" without auto tune.

Arieadne

Arieadne

Loyal Viewer

Posted Jan 23, 2014 @ 5:59 PM

I's surprised Stassi is on team Ariana. Her ilk usually never befriends the prettier girls, oh I forgot, Ariana is not intimidated by her.

BloggerAloud

BloggerAloud

Video Archivist

Posted Jan 23, 2014 @ 7:03 PM

The best part of the opening credits is Flat Iron Tom clearly NOT catching the bottle he's twirling in the air.

DrogosHorse

DrogosHorse

Couch Potato

Posted Jan 23, 2014 @ 9:43 PM

The best part of the opening credits is Flat Iron Tom clearly NOT catching the bottle he's twirling in the air.

Or Lisa busting through a dusty old door like the Cryptkeeper.  

LadyScorpio

LadyScorpio

Couch Potato

Posted Jan 23, 2014 @ 9:48 PM

Somewhere in the last couple of episodes Lisa said that Kristen has worked for her for seven years. Seven years is a long time to wait tables without becoming a manager, a hostess, going to bartender school, going to chef school, etc. No other opportunities have come along in that time? She hasn't ever tried to do anything else that would move her above waiting tables?

According to Kristen she is only working at SUR until she gets "discovered" and makes it big in Hollywood as a model or actress

ubi

ubi

Stalker

Posted Jan 24, 2014 @ 7:39 AM

Aren't they all?

Some woman named Dena Deadly sings the theme. I don't think Schema can "sing" without auto tune.

It sounded sung poorly to me. The best part of the opening credits is at the end with them all draped over each other like they're nursing hangovers and/or indigestion but clearly think they are acting 'sexy".

ghoulina

ghoulina

Fanatic

Posted Jan 24, 2014 @ 10:34 AM

According to Kristen she is only working at SUR until she gets "discovered" and makes it big in Hollywood as a model or actress

So....until she dies?

The Mighty Peanut

The Mighty Peanut

Couch Potato

Posted Jan 24, 2014 @ 1:00 PM

So Stassi has slept with Frank, Peter and Jax, Jax has slept with Stassi, Lorelai, and Kristen (just including Sur staff for the sake of brevity), tom has slept with Kristen and Ariana -- I don't buy the just a kiss version -- and a cocktail waitress in Vegas. Elsewhere, Schaena has slept with Eddie Cibrian who was married to Brandi who was BFF with Lisa until recently when she said Mohammed (who was married to Yolanda, who is married to David Foster, whose former wife was Taylor Armstrong's friend) told her and Lisa that Joana Krupa from RHOM had a stinky pussy.

It's dizzying.

Edited by The Mighty Peanut, Jan 24, 2014 @ 1:01 PM.

Arieadne

Arieadne

Loyal Viewer

Posted Jan 24, 2014 @ 1:08 PM

Wait, what? What did I miss? Jax did sleep with Kristen? When did this happen??!!

The Mighty Peanut

The Mighty Peanut

Couch Potato

Posted Jan 24, 2014 @ 1:16 PM

I saw it in a commercial, but I believe there are clips up on the bravo website. Kristen denies it, but Jax says she was mad at Tom, who was passed out, and Jax was "so distraught" over Stassi, they were both drunk blah blah blah had sex twice.

ETA: http://www.bravotv.c...ted_sfv_OCT13_A

Edited by The Mighty Peanut, Jan 24, 2014 @ 1:20 PM.

LadyScorpio

LadyScorpio

Couch Potato

Posted Jan 24, 2014 @ 1:56 PM

So....until she dies?

LOL! Exactly!

Or Lisa busting through a dusty old door like the Cryptkeeper.  

That is hilarious!! I think the whole beginning of the show is so snarkworthy! It cracks me up reading the things other people make fun of too. It's nice to know I'm not the only one who thought this show was ridiculous lol.
And what the hell was up with that fake ass yard sale they were having? They had like five outfits and a plant or something. I bet it was way overpriced and not one customer came all day. Great job making money girls.

swineinny

swineinny

Fanatic

Posted Jan 24, 2014 @ 2:01 PM

OK, here's a preview that explains why Stassi gives Kristen that awesome slap-

http://blog.zap2it.c...ax---watch.html

cutebookworm21

cutebookworm21

Channel Surfer

Posted Jan 24, 2014 @ 3:18 PM

Lol that is pathetic she is 30 it just isn't going to happen. She needs to go back to school and get a real job.

repag

repag

Couch Potato

Posted Jan 26, 2014 @ 1:15 AM

oops

Edited by repag, Jan 26, 2014 @ 3:28 PM.