Making Mr. Right

This topic has been archived. This means that you cannot reply to this topic.

4 replies to this topic

jamisloan

jamisloan

Loyal Viewer

Posted Jan 7, 2013 @ 2:47 PM

Haven't seen a topic on this yet. It aired yesterday on VH1.

Welcome to Making Mr. Right. The show where three matchmakers mold an eager group of men into the perfect guy…for them. Yup, you guessed it, the women aren’t really matchmakers, but just tired of waiting until it’s too late to find out the dirty truth about the men they date. Every woman on the planet (and probably most men) have at least thought about snooping whether via social media or IRL to find out if their partner is hiding something. Typically this behavior would be a major red flag for any guy, but this is reality television so instead of giving the ladies a gentle warning, we not only encourage, but are thrilled with any and all spying, snooping, and sneaky behavior.

I will definitely be watching. It held my interest and I want to see what happens.

Did anyone else catch it?

Edited by TWoP Howard, Jan 7, 2013 @ 3:12 PM.
Added quote tags

Petunia98

Petunia98

Channel Surfer

Posted Jan 15, 2013 @ 5:35 PM

I watched last night for the first time. I'm totally intrigued and sorry to see no replies to your initial post. Are we the only two people watching this show?

andcoletar

andcoletar

Fanatic

Posted Jan 15, 2013 @ 7:02 PM

I watched the first episode and have the second sitting on the DVR waiting to be watched. I have to admit that I'm intrigued by it, and can't wait for the girls (especially the 2 younger ones) to start screwing up and flirting with the guys and "giving away their cover" as matchmakers. I had to laugh out loud when they were first introducing themselves. I think it was Lindsay (younger brown haired girl who tour manages bands) who said she has been a professional matchmakers for 7 years. Isn't the girl only like 24 or something?? I can't somebody didn't immediately call BS on that one! But she is a cute girl and seems likeable. I'm not sure I like blond girl who left her little daughter at home to come on a reality tv to "build herself" a husband and father like they make those build-a-bears. Um, what?? (Or maybe the other one said that). And speaking of her, that construction worker girl is a hot mess! I understand their point about messing with the guys' lives, but I hope she calms the hell down soon because I don't want to see her cry face in every episode!

jamisloan

jamisloan

Loyal Viewer

Posted Jan 15, 2013 @ 9:41 PM

I watched the second episode and I LOVE it.
Refreshing to watch a new concept to a show. I wonder how the guys will feel once they realize what's been going on.

It's on VH1 right? There's another vh1 show that no one is talking about either, black ink (at least I can't find a thread for it on here). I'm not as into that one as I am this one though.

Matt K

Matt K

Couch Potato

Posted Jan 16, 2013 @ 12:37 PM

I saw the second episode today (never saw the first) and man this is a messed up show. I think I'll keep watching but I can't imagine most of these guys would be happy to find out these girls were lying to them. Also, from the previews, it looks like actually setting these guys up on dates(ish) is going to backfire spectacularly for the girls.

This looks like its going to be a train wreck so I'll at least check out the next episode.