Black Ink Crew

• Please log in to reply

82 replies to this topic

EndoKE

EndoKE

Fanatic

Posted Jan 7, 2013 @ 12:16 PM

This show looks interesting, hope it won't be boring and fake like LA Ink.

VH1 Link

twtexas17

twtexas17

Couch Potato

Posted Jan 7, 2013 @ 10:18 PM

Just finished watching the premiere episode and I don't know what to say. I'm kind of torn. I like it yet I don't. Of course I don't care for the scripted stuff such as the receptionist Alex throwing stuff or the "mixxy" starting stuff with Duchess. Other than that, the staff is likeable. The one dude named O'Shit is wrong as hell for being late and I don't think I'm going to like him. Next week we'll see what really happened to him. Puma, I think the one with the missing tooth, is funny. He looks a hot ass mess but something is very sincere and genuine about him. The new girl duchess is so pretty. She reminds me of Lisa Bonnet. I'm not a dreadlock person but her dreads are really neat and they kinda look like box braids.

I felt so stupid after the other girl artist, forgot her name, described what a mixxy was. I thought she was talking about mixed/biracial girls, but she referred to them as girls always being in the mix of everything that about to pop off.

appledumpling

appledumpling

Video Archivist

Posted Jan 7, 2013 @ 10:26 PM

Cedsar those folks run all over you, grow some balls. Alex yelling and screaming, turning over trash cans and tables. O'S**t has a client waiting two hours, that guy was better than me I would have been left. The employees lounging around, interrogating potential clients when they come in. I would never go in there, it's not professional enough, Sassy didn't even know what to tell the guy who was waiting two hours. Cedsar needs to take control of his shop. God help me, why am I watching this?

Amberosia

Amberosia

Couch Potato

Posted Jan 8, 2013 @ 3:34 AM

Thank you so much, twtexas17. I was only only kinda halfass watching this in the background an had no clue why the kept bleeping out his name. I was very confused. Somehow I started explaining it to myself that he didn't want his name used and wasn't ever going to show once they kept calling him and couldn't reach him. Imagine my surprise when he finally did show up.

That place is a madhouse. I think the blonde chick is out of her mind acting the way she did when she showed up late. Oh my goodness, I can't imagine speaking to anybody that way, et alone the person who writes my paychecks. Though I think its kinda nice that she wants to give customers a last chance to think things out before getting something permanent. Probably not a bad idea when the one guy is screwing up so royally when he does show up. I don't know if a huge side tat is good compensation for one dinky little finger tat, but I suppose Caesar should get credit for personal service. But its kinda like turning in a faulty dish rack and getting a dishwasher in return.

sereion

sereion

Fanatic

Posted Jan 8, 2013 @ 9:02 AM

I caught bits and pieces of this show, but will watch again. I did, however saw the scene where dude stroll up at his job 2 hours late. He should've gotten fired on the spot; and he didn't bother to call in, either? Bad work ethic, much? Who calls himself O'Sh!t, anwyay?

Edited by sereion, Jan 8, 2013 @ 9:03 AM.

EndoKE

EndoKE

Fanatic

Posted Jan 8, 2013 @ 9:14 AM

I watched; I'll watch again, I liked seeing the scenes of Harlem. But too many of those folks are a hot mess, talk about a whole bunch of folks with no boundaries.

SnarkKitty

SnarkKitty

Fanatic

Posted Jan 12, 2013 @ 12:04 AM

Just like Washington Heights, I got sucked into this because I can't resist NYC-based shows. I'm always amazed how they make certain neighborhoods look visually cool. Emphasis on look. Anyway, I think it's (shocker!) extra scripted, but hopefully there will be some real moments. Looking forward to more art, more city shots and less fake drama.

I hate that now I want to walk the 10 blocks over there and see if it's anything like real...

citizluvme

citizluvme

Loyal Viewer

Posted Jan 13, 2013 @ 9:05 PM

I watched the first show and won't be watching it again. The place was SO unprofessional. The dude was waiting for "over an hour" for a tattoo artist named "O Shit" who came in late and brought his child mean while the manager's friend came in and got a whole side piece done because of a messed up finger tat. WHILE THE OTHER GUY WAITED!...they have no sense of how a business is supposed to run. What about the chick flipping tables while the customers are there or the other employees just lounging around on the couch...then we have the "mixxie" incident.....(a staged fight where dread locked girl got grabbed by the throat and pushed onto the couch)they were drinking because some "mixxe" brought a bottle of some liquor and after the fight, one of the other employees says...."there are customers out there and you gave them something to talk about". Really?......really? You're drinking during your work? I'm glad I know where this place is because I'm NEVER going there

Ty

Ty

Fanatic

Posted Jan 23, 2013 @ 8:27 PM

So Alex thinks she's Cindy Crawford because she did a tattoo magazine cover?

sereion

sereion

Fanatic

Posted Jan 24, 2013 @ 1:06 PM

Alex ain't got nothing on Duchess and Sassy; those two were stunning on the runway; which part of the reason why Alex didn't want to participate because all of the attention will be towards them--especially Duchess.

GeminiDancer

GeminiDancer

Couch Potato

Posted Jan 25, 2013 @ 12:12 AM

Alex is what I like to call a Model Mayhem model. She's delusional if she thinks that's how she's going to make her money. It's a shame because she's pretty, but her attitude makes her really ugly to me.

I like Sassy, but she's got to get it together. She's a glorified "intern". That person who does everything under the sun and does not get paid for it. I did a major double take when she said that she was the event coordinator yet made no money for it. She doesn't have to work the 9-5, but Ceaser (that spelling kills me) is not and will not pay her.

That shop is a bonafide mess though. I don't know who in their right mind would want to get tattooed there. Duchess needs to find a more professional shop than that. For real, for reals.

sereion

sereion

Fanatic

Posted Jan 25, 2013 @ 8:30 AM

What is a Model Mayhem model? It would be nice if one of the posters here visit the shop so we'll have idea on wheter "life imitates art", per se.

Edited by sereion, Jan 25, 2013 @ 8:33 AM.

Ty

Ty

Fanatic

Posted Jan 29, 2013 @ 11:39 AM

I am really enjoying this show. Dutchess is gorgeous. I hope Alex is seeing how horribly she comes off. Did she actually say she thinks that Teddy thinks she's out of his league? This chick gets more and more delusional with every episode.

DeeNice

DeeNice

Video Archivist

Posted Jan 29, 2013 @ 3:50 PM

What is a Model Mayhem model? It would be nice if one of the posters here visit the shop so we'll have idea on wheter "life imitates art", per se.

Deenice at your service! I will be headed uptown very soon. Never had a tat, not interested in getting one, but I'm so curious to see what type of customer service I'll be getting, as well as if the shop is now popular owing to the show. Based on the amount of Twop views...not so much.

As for the last show, hmmmm, anybody else feeling like the most lauded are the most non-sisterish, if you will? I mean, going back to the fashion show, I thought Sassy was just as beautiful, but it seemed like she got no love. Then I peeped the baby mommas...enough said? I'm all for colorblind love, but I'm just saying.

Cosigning with Alex being delusional. I find her cute, not awesome. How does her head fit through the door? Teddy is a cutie too, like a big old bear that could use a gym membership.

So far, I'm not really loving the show. However, as a NY'er, I feel compelled to watch every now and then. sigh

Dragonflyy6

Dragonflyy6

Fanatic

Posted Jan 29, 2013 @ 6:35 PM

As for the last show, hmmmm, anybody else feeling like the most lauded are the most non-sisterish, if you will? I mean, going back to the fashion show, I thought Sassy was just as beautiful, but it seemed like she got no love. Then I peeped the baby mommas...enough said? I'm all for colorblind love, but I'm just saying.

I definitely noticed and I told myself not to get too bothered because these are the women in these people's lives, it's not like they deliberately cast them. Between Oh Shit's baby momma, the mixxies, Alex, and the snaggletoothed, razor-footed customer, Duchess is as acceptably dark as it gets for these guys. Have we seen the mother of Puma's child yet?

As far as Sassy vs. Duchess at the fashion show, while Sassy is very pretty, Duchess is tall, regal, and very modelesque regardless of skin tone. If Alex had walked, Duchess still would have turned heads.

On another note, I'm very skeptical of Ceasar's side of the story on the baby mama drama. He kept saying he bought his daughter shoes...and? Kids need more than cool clothes and toys, a fact that seems to be lost on certain baby fathers. Buying the occasional nice thing doesn't fulfill your financial responsibility to your child.

DeeNice

DeeNice

Video Archivist

Posted Jan 29, 2013 @ 11:21 PM

...Alex, and the snaggletoothed, razor-footed customer

LMAO!

You're right about Mr. Shop owner. Bad enough your peeps ain't got health care, but where's the love for your seed, man? Shucks, I'm so heated, I might have to roll up there sooner than I thought to report.

Another quick thought...I wonder if he had any say on the "being served" footage. Mighty embarrassing, but almost seemed staged imho.

SnarkKitty

SnarkKitty

Fanatic

Posted Feb 11, 2013 @ 2:58 PM

It would be nice if one of the posters here visit the shop so we'll have idea on wheter "life imitates art", per se.

They're 10 blocks away, and I have 3 tats. I could see taking one for the team. I'd have to be nonchalant and pretend like I'd never even heard of the show though, cause we pride ourselves on our "celebrity" poker face in New York City. [Oh, is that Madonna across the street? Huh.] I do dig Duchess though, so hopefully she's not around, I might give myself away. Heh.

So far, I'm not really loving the show. However, as a NY'er, I feel compelled to watch every now and then. sigh

Le sigh, me too. Hence, Washington Heights.

Have we seen the mother of Puma's child yet?

We have. She does NOT disrupt the prevailing theory. Hmm, I'm light skinned with locs and tats, I should go over like gangbusters over there. :) And let's not forget the French girls.

I get where Ceaser is coming from in that he doesn't want to support her mother, so he pays for her clothing and extras, but that's the kind of thing that lands you in court. Show proof of payment and suck it up that yes, there's a very good chance some of your money is going to find its way into the pocket of her mother. Call it childcare fees if you like, since she's not living with you full time.

Edited by SnarkKitty, Feb 11, 2013 @ 3:08 PM.

Turkish

Turkish

Stalker

Posted Feb 15, 2013 @ 7:15 PM

Afterellen did a nice interview with Sassy this week.

americangreed13

americangreed13

Channel Surfer

Posted Mar 5, 2013 @ 1:15 AM

Just found this thread. Cesar is by far the worst manager I've ever seen in life. I doubt that dude wrote out a business plan. Black Ink is ran horribly, it's unorganized and very unprofessional. No one takes accountability for their actions then again attitude reflects leadership. His employees are only following his lead. I sure hope he's not leading Duchess on. She seems more into him then he is into her. Hopefully he'll make it clear very soon. Then again, shouldn't they have had the conversation on what direction they wanted their relationship/friendship to go in the beginning? Oh Shit is such a moron. I don't feel sorry considering he took someone's car without asking in the first place. The girl claimed she was sleep and woke up to find him gone with her car. He was so concerned about himself without even realizing that she may be charged. When she told him about the charges he offered no sympathy. What an asshole! Speaking of ass so he did sleep with Alex and she's wanting him to say that he lied so she can be with Teddy? Teddy is an idiot for sleeping with Alex. She's crazy! I think it's pretty gross that Teddy and Shit are friends and pretty much are sleeping with the same woman. What is Puma's job again? He seems to sit around and talk shit all day long. Sassy is too young to understand but Black Ink is not going to get on any status other than where it is based on management. She really should keep her corporate job. Then again she's only 22. She's in the "everything has to be fun and cool stage". Time will pass and she'll hopefully, eventually get it.

americangreed13

americangreed13

Channel Surfer

Posted Mar 6, 2013 @ 8:42 PM

One more thing I forgot to add, if you have to keep asking someone where your relationship is going the indefinite answer ought to be a clear indication of where it's going. Every time Duchess asks C's that question he beats around the bush or says he's feeling pressured. Those conversations are definitely signs.

Brooklynista

Brooklynista

Fanatic

Posted Mar 6, 2013 @ 9:19 PM

americangreed13
One more thing I forgot to add, if you have to keep asking someone where your relationship is going the indefinite answer ought to be a clear indication of where it's going. Every time Duchess asks C's that question he beats around the bush or says he's feeling pressured. Those conversations are definitely signs.

While I would normally agree with this, it seems like every time you see Dutchess and Caesar alone, she's asking him where the relationship is going! If I was a guy I would be a bit put off by the question constantly coming up. It just doesn't seem organic. I'm sure it's mostly producer driven because though.

One thing I've been meaning to comment on is the tattoos. I can't say I've seen anything that would make me want to go to the shop. Certainly nothing that would go past round three on InkMaster from any of them.

shemaree

shemaree

Video Archivist

Posted Mar 7, 2013 @ 11:16 AM

Duchess seems really overbearing, so I can see where Cesar is coming from. They just started dating and she wants to bring him to her hometown and meet her entire family? Then she constantly talks about children, getting married, and defining the relationship?

I think that would make anybody want to slow things down and not be ready to put a label on the relationship. Why can't their relationship just exist first? I know VH1 editing doesn't give an accurate timeline, but from the show Duchess needs to slow down.

Alex is indeed crazy but it makes me cringe when the guys constantly throw around the word "bitch" when referring to Alex.

Also, I hate how the shop is run. It looks extremely unprofessional. And what was up with the the two guys arguing about getting their nails done? LOL I thought it was a joke but no one was laughing. Is this common for men in Harlem to leave work early for a manicure?.....and Instagram the experience?

Edited by shemaree, Mar 7, 2013 @ 11:20 AM.

americangreed13

americangreed13

Channel Surfer

Posted Mar 7, 2013 @ 9:17 PM

One thing I've been meaning to comment on is the tattoos. I can't say I've seen anything that would make me want to go to the shop. Certainly nothing that would go past round three on InkMaster from any of them

Word! I don't have any tattoos however Black Ink would be the last place in New York that I would go to, to get a tattoo. I'm not impressed with any of their work. Actually I take that back Oh Shit did a pretty good job on two of his clients however I would need to see more of his work. C's and Duchess, not so much.

americangreed13

americangreed13

Channel Surfer

Posted Mar 12, 2013 @ 11:53 PM

Duchess is insufferable at this point! Uggh! She's needy as hell I feel like she's over stepping her boundaries at Blank Ink with the staff. She offers no constructive feed back. As a team everyone's opinion should be heard. I can't believe she decided not to participate in the CHARITY event because no one agreed on her ideas. That's not how life works. She's definitely bringing a negative energy to Black Ink. I was baffled to see Cesar show up to the event as an owner, who's sponsoring it late. And then he had the nerve to complain about it not coming together. Cesar's "intervention" over Hennessey was too funny. What they should be discussing is how to revamp Black Ink's image which starts from the top, it's leadership which is Cesar. Not have a conversation exclusively about Duchess. I think Black Ink should use the show as a platform and not display all the unnecessary drama. Who gives a shit about Teddy and Alex's relationship (yuck!). Sassy seems to have a little more sense then what I gave her credit for. If they listen a little more maybe she could help with Black Ink's image. Shit, I mean Richard Duncan should really reflect on this incident with the gun charges and think about what direction his life is going in. That is by far one of the most asinine reasons to be arrested for. Over a gun that doesn't belong to you especially after he just got out! Idiot!

GeminiDancer

GeminiDancer

Couch Potato

Posted Mar 13, 2013 @ 8:32 AM

So, I missed the episode where Alex and O'Shit had their discussion about what happened between them. Is she telling the truth about not sleeping with him? The way she was going on about him not knowing her grooming pattern made me think she doth protest too much, but at the same time there's a part of me that believes her. At the very least, the talking head with Sassy and the conversation she had with Alex seemed very inconsistent.

Duchess was not cute with her argument with Puma. Hell, I didn't even know what she was getting pissy about. Ceaser, this is why you do not mess with your employees!

Sassy needs to leave this hot mess of a tattoo shop. It's obvious that no one in that group is going to get his or her act together, especially Ceaser. He talks about how he's the leader and whatnot, and the staff basically follows the same patterns that he does. He talks about wanting to repair Black Ink's image, but everything he does contradicts that.

americangreed13

americangreed13

Channel Surfer

Posted Mar 19, 2013 @ 8:26 PM

Alex is like the president of her own fan club. The way she talks you would think this broad walked the catwalks in Italy, Paris and NY Fashion week. The story about the girls not liking her because of her looks are hilarious! Could it be you made a pass at their boyfriends? Alex is way too loose I'm sure she's been that way forever.

So Teddy may have a kid by someone he had a one night stand with? He's so gross to me. And why on earth would women want to have a baby by him as if he's some kind of catch? What does he do for a living? I'm still not sure what his role is at Black Ink.

Is Cesar providing for his daughter in any kind of way? Based on the mother of his child's reaction, she hasn't seen a dime. If Cesar supposedly gave her $4,000 (as previously stated a few episodes back) what did she do with the money? Was that an agreement the two of them had? Money has to show proof. If there was a court ordered agreement to pay a certain amount, why didn't he just pay whatever the courts told him to? He seems like he's doing the right thing then again who knows.

I'm actually glad to hear that Puma wants to get married and have a real family. I wonder if he'll continue to work at Black Ink or chose a different path?

It was sad to hear Walt's story. I hope things really turn around for him.

Brooklynista

Brooklynista

Fanatic

Posted Mar 19, 2013 @ 9:23 PM

Alex is like the president of her own fan club. The way she talks you would think this broad walked the catwalks in Italy, Paris and NY Fashion week. The story about the girls not liking her because of her looks are hilarious! Could it be you made a pass at their boyfriends? Alex is way too loose I'm sure she's been that way forever.

Seriously. Has she seen Dutchess? Has she seen Sassy? I see average girls like Alex everyday on Fulton St. There's nothing special about her. Dutchess is downright regal when she isn't pouting over Caesar.

americangreed13

americangreed13

Channel Surfer

Posted Mar 19, 2013 @ 11:48 PM

Seriously. Has she seen Dutchess? Has she seen Sassy? I see average girls like Alex everyday on Fulton St. There's nothing special about her. Dutchess is downright regal when she isn't pouting over Caesar.

Co-Sign the entire post!

appledumpling

appledumpling

Video Archivist

Posted Mar 25, 2013 @ 10:29 PM

Ceasar owns a business and doesn't have $2000 in the bank? Is he making a profit? Dutchess should not be paying your child support. If it were left up to me Ceasar would be going to jail, I'll be damned if I'm paying some man's child support obligations.

Edited by appledumpling, Mar 25, 2013 @ 10:39 PM.

americangreed13

americangreed13

Channel Surfer

Posted Mar 26, 2013 @ 12:03 AM

C’s: Baby Mama drama is no joke! First Crystal claims that she never received the child support. Why the hell was child support holding the funds in the first place if the whole purpose of the system is to create a way for the child to receive support financially? Then she turns around and says that she doesn’t want Duchess’s money. Huh? Do you want and need the support or not? I’m not feeling C’s disrespecting her at all. I know that she is after him for money but calling her out of her name and then allowing your new girl to do so is disgusting. I hate hearing men speak negatively about the mother of their children it’s a turn off for me personally. Side eye to C’s for claiming that all of his money was “tied up in the shop”. What the hell? So he doesn’t have an emergency account for his business? Anything can go wrong. The equipment can stop working. The toilet can over flow. A pipe can break and flood the shop.

Alex: Exactly how on earth is or was she supposed to help Black Ink when she has no career at all? She was so much of a “team player” that she declined being in a fashion show with Duchess and Sassy because she didn’t want to interfere with her modeling career. She offered no constructive feed back in terms of improving the shop. In fact her only contribution to Black Ink is sleeping with half the staff which I guess was great considering it kept the moral of the employees up. Didn’t we see this broad outside with a guest list at some hole in the wall club in NY? If anything she needs Black Ink. Alex is trying to remain relevant on TV with her non existent “modeling career”.

Teddy: He’s so gross to me. He’s such a bum. Why on earth would anyone want to have a baby by him? Player? I doubt it. Who the hell still refers to themselves as “players” in 2013 anyway?

Walt: I get that he wants to pursue a career in photography however did they really have to do the photo shoot in the tattoo shop? Sassy and Duchess photographs much better anyway. Of all of the beautiful women in New York, Walt chooses Alex to be his muse?

Puma: If he wants to marry Quannie then so be it. I can’t believe the responses from the other members of Black Ink. Then again, we’re talking about C’s who is in court disputing child support payments and Teddy, Mr. Raw Dog afraid of commitment. I guess that behavior is expected from them.