The Cast In Other Roles: Beyond Their Stations

• Please log in to reply

122 replies to this topic

myrenae

myrenae

Fanatic

Posted Mar 4, 2014 @ 8:25 PM

TudorQueen, Jessica has a few projects coming out over the next six months or so:  "Lullaby" with Amy Adams and Garrett Hedlund (June 13th), "Jamaica Inn" on the BBC (a miniseries based on the Daphne DuMaurier novel) and best of all, "Posh" in September.

"Posh" is based on a play by Laura Wade that was a big hit on the West End in 2010 and again last year.  It's about a bunch of young Oxford men in an exclusive club (based on one to which Cameron belonged).  Most of it is set during an annual dinner that happens at a country pub/inn.  Jessica plays the waitress who has to deal with them.

That has a great young cast (Sam Claflin, Max Irons, Natalie Dormer) and the play is very topical and entertaining.  I haven't seen it but I read it.  It's being released in the UK but I hope they can get US distribution through the film festivals.

Then she has "Frankenstein" in January 2015.  She just finished filming that and apparently said in an interview that she isn't sure what her next project is.

Also, "Labyrinth" is airing on the CW in May.

Manhattan

Manhattan

Couch Potato

Posted Mar 7, 2014 @ 2:05 AM

I'm so glad JBF has all of these projects in the works. Rumor has it Winter's Tale was a letdown of a project for her because of Russell Crowe's behavior. I found the film disappointing but thought JBF and Colin Farrell were wonderful, their chemistry and love story was the only saving grace of the movie.

Edited by Manhattan, Mar 7, 2014 @ 2:11 AM.

myrenae

myrenae

Fanatic

Posted Mar 9, 2014 @ 9:23 PM

I agree.  What did Russell Crowe do?  Hadn't heard anything about him misbehaving.  I just know people thought his accent was outrageous and the script was a clusterfuck.

I agree the love story was the best part of the movie.  She and Farrell kindled great chemistry with their few scenes.  I know they couldn't just make it a love story given the (very impressive and wieldy) source material, but it would have been nice as just a typical Valentine Miracle movie.

Anyway, I am glad she has other projects premiering this year.