Forums Q&A

• Please log in to reply

28 replies to this topic

TWoP Roxy

TWoP Roxy

TWoP Moderator

Posted Jan 5, 2013 @ 1:29 PM

This is the place for questions for and announcements from the Mod.

The first announcement being that this forum is will be based on the US airing of the show. NO discussion whatsoever of episodes that have already aired in the UK will be allowed (there is still a UK thread down in the Drama section for that discussion) until those episodes have aired in the US.

We'll be getting character subsections, etc. as we progress. Thanks.

I'll be closing the general DA US thread once the first episode of season 3 airs tomorrow night. Then discussion of that episode should be in the episode thread, and you're welcome to open new threads (following site rules and guidelines, of course) for further discussion. If you don't know the site's guidelines for opening a new thread read the site FAQ first.

not Bridget

not Bridget

Fanatic

Posted Jan 6, 2013 @ 12:10 PM

Could you consider moving the "UK" thread to this Forum--still marked as containing spoilers for Series 3? It also contains all the previous posts for Series 1 & 2.

The move could even take place after all of Series 3 shows on PBS. In a few weeks, everybody will have seen everything! (Well, maybe not. But the TWoP'ers (that sounds bad) from Uzbekistan & the Maldives are probably used to coping.)

DollEyes

DollEyes

Fanatic

Posted Jan 6, 2013 @ 1:24 PM

Would it be OK to start an "Awards" thread, to discuss nominations (real or potential), wins and the cast on the red carpets?

TWoP Roxy

TWoP Roxy

TWoP Moderator

Posted Jan 6, 2013 @ 5:37 PM

No. Downton UK will remain in the Drama section.

An awards thread would be just fine. Feel free to start one.

Slider

Slider

Couch Potato

Posted Jan 7, 2013 @ 11:14 AM

Is there a way to fix the link from the recap/recaplet? Instead of taking you to the episode thread or the main link page, it takes you to the closed Season 3 (US) forum. I know several people that I talked to that were confused where they could read about or discuss the episode. Thanks.

TWoP Roxy

TWoP Roxy

TWoP Moderator

Posted Jan 7, 2013 @ 11:35 AM

Sorry, you'll have to report that to the tech thread down in Bugs & Info - I don't do the linking, so I can't fix the problem.

Luciaphile

Luciaphile

Fanatic

Posted Jan 7, 2013 @ 12:34 PM

For those of us in the UK thread, is it ok for us to post in other non-spoiler threads? For instance, can I post in the thread about Downton actors in other roles?

TWoP Roxy

TWoP Roxy

TWoP Moderator

Posted Jan 7, 2013 @ 1:22 PM

You can post, but NO SPOILERS. I'd just as soon you stuck to the UK thread, but if you must, you can. Just be careful, please.

Also, please don't start threads here just for the sake of starting a thread. Wait until you have something you'd like to discuss first. Then you can start the thread and a discussion. We don't need threads just to have threads.

name234

name234

Fanatic

Posted Jan 8, 2013 @ 12:30 AM

A thread for posting and discussing historical details? On the episode thread a couple of posters have shared links to period details and background information that might be easier to reference in a general thread on the matter? I know on the UK and US threads background information on life in those times came up a fair clip?

Period Piece? Details, Quibbles, Background Info?

Scandalized by the prospect of a tall footman or a proposal of pre-dinner cocktails? Should you be?

I am not the person to start the thread, but the forum might be easier to read if a thread like this existed?

Edited by name234, Jan 8, 2013 @ 12:32 AM.

YumYum

YumYum

Fanatic

Posted Jan 8, 2013 @ 10:02 AM

I'm thoroughly confused. Seems I have to go to the DA UK site, click on the DA US link in the mod's message and eventually wander into the DA US forum. Why couldn't there simply still be a DA US thread in the main Drama line-up?

TWoP Roxy

TWoP Roxy

TWoP Moderator

Posted Jan 8, 2013 @ 12:04 PM

YumYum, what do you mean? You can't access this forum? It's in the dropdown menu on the main page, and in the general forum list. What exactly are you having trouble accessing?

name234, if there's something you want to discuss and no thread exists for it, you can open one so long as you're following site rules.

YumYum

YumYum

Fanatic

Posted Jan 8, 2013 @ 12:19 PM

I'm used to opening my TWoP site and getting a list of Dramas. There are all the dramas I watch and once there was a DA UK listing and a US listing to chose from. Now that list contains only the UK forum. Now I have to go a circuitous route. I can get there but it would be so nice if it was simply there, in the Dramas, like it once was.

TWoP Roxy

TWoP Roxy

TWoP Moderator

Posted Jan 8, 2013 @ 12:28 PM

Well, there's a dedicated forum for it, so it's not in Dramas anymore. Thems the breaks.

YumYum

YumYum

Fanatic

Posted Jan 8, 2013 @ 2:59 PM

Thanks for explanation.

Diane M

Diane M

Couch Potato

Posted Jan 8, 2013 @ 11:19 PM

I'm very glad that DA is now listed under 'shows' and 'forums', since there are now more options.

TWoP Roxy

TWoP Roxy

TWoP Moderator

Posted Jan 9, 2013 @ 11:58 AM

Please keep this thread for forum-related questions for the mod only, thanks.

TWoP Roxy

TWoP Roxy

TWoP Moderator

Posted Jan 28, 2013 @ 4:57 PM

Just a reminder that anyone who has already seen all of Season 3 needs to be extremely careful when posting (I'd prefer you didn't post here at all, actually). Any kind of "predictions" or anything similar will earn you an instant ban.

The Downton Abbey UK thread is there for your use. Use it.

ggo85

ggo85

Loyal Viewer

Posted Feb 4, 2013 @ 11:02 AM

Where would one find episode discussions for prior seasons?

TWoP Roxy

TWoP Roxy

TWoP Moderator

Posted Feb 4, 2013 @ 11:44 AM

You can start a thread for discussion of Season 1 and Season 2 if you like. If you do so, I'd prefer one thread per season.

Andorra97

Andorra97

Couch Potato

Posted Feb 10, 2013 @ 7:59 AM

I keep getting malware warnings from this website. I know others do, too. Some can't access the forum at all in the last two days. I can, but only with IE. Chrome refuses.

Just want the mods make aware of this!

callietwo

callietwo

Fanatic

Posted Feb 10, 2013 @ 10:12 AM

Andorra, there is a lot of discussion in the tech section of the forum, if you want to read about it- it's a known issue that I guess is being worked on. The tech section is in Bugs & Info section.

HTH

TudorQueen

TudorQueen

Stalker

Posted Feb 11, 2013 @ 10:59 AM

Will the character threads be opened on a mod basis only, or can TWoPpers create them when they really have something to say?

TWoP Roxy

TWoP Roxy

TWoP Moderator

Posted Feb 11, 2013 @ 12:15 PM

A lot of character threads already exist (in the subforum called Upstairs/Downstairs). You're welcome to open one there if there's a character you'd like to discuss and one doesn't already exist.

Andorra97

Andorra97

Couch Potato

Posted Mar 13, 2013 @ 4:27 AM

Is it allowed to open a spoiler thread here? It would be nice to discuss and speculate between the seasons.

TWoP Roxy

TWoP Roxy

TWoP Moderator

Posted Mar 18, 2013 @ 10:51 AM

I'm not going to allow it. Because of the weird UK/US schedule it just opens the door for a whole mess of trouble for the majority of US viewers who want to remain unspoiled. Discussing spoilers can be done in the UK thread with proper spoiler tags.

TWoP Roxy

TWoP Roxy

TWoP Moderator

Posted Sep 11, 2013 @ 6:28 PM

Just a reminder that this subforum is for Downton Abbey in the US. No spoilers, or discussion of the show in the context of the UK timeline are allowed. Everyone has been really great about this so far and I'd love to keep that momentum going!

TWoP Roxy

TWoP Roxy

TWoP Moderator

Posted Jan 14, 2014 @ 12:03 AM

This is just a reminder as there seems to be some confusion: if you watch the show in the UK timeline, you are allowed to post here, BUT, NO spoiler discussion is allowed in this forum, and your discussion must remain completely within the context of the US timeline (if we are in episode two, you are only allowed to discuss events that happen through episode two). Anyone hinting or even toeing that line will face swift action and likely the Size Nines. But if there is a discussion going on here that you'd like to take part in, you are welcome to, we just ask that you consider the unspoiled and post with caution. Thanks.

TWoP Roxy

TWoP Roxy

TWoP Moderator

Posted Mar 10, 2014 @ 5:14 PM

I closed the most recent episode thread because despite a few reminders, the discussion was no longer about the episode. It will remain closed for a day or two.

Please rethink before posting anything and ask yourself "Am I straying off topic or continuing a discussion that is already off topic?" "Have I already posted something to this effect?" "Does this break a site rule?"

If the answer is yes to ANY of those questions, don't post. Just don't.

TWoP Roxy

TWoP Roxy

TWoP Moderator

Posted Mar 11, 2014 @ 6:50 PM

The thread has be reopened. Stay on topic OR ELSE. Thanks!