Do No Harm

• Please log in to reply

139 replies to this topic

jessied112

jessied112

Stalker

Posted Jul 7, 2013 @ 11:46 PM

I find myself now more interested in learning about Ian and if he is actually the original or if Olivia just happened to fall in love with him during one of Ian's many wild nights.

From the way he said "You and Jason have been teaming up" or whatever, it makes it sound like Jason might be the split. Again, it would be a neat twist, one I hadn't thought of until this thread. 

The medical aspect could disappear for all I care. I could live with Jason/Ian, Olivia, Cole and Jason's doctor friend. I just want more backstory, goddangit!

Edited by jessied112, Jul 7, 2013 @ 11:46 PM.

Machuran

Machuran

Fanatic

Posted Jul 7, 2013 @ 11:59 PM

I find myself now more interested in learning about Ian and if he is actually the original or if Olivia just happened to fall in love with him during one of Ian's many wild nights.

From the way he said "You and Jason have been teaming up" or whatever, it makes it sound like Jason might be the split. Again, it would be a neat twist, one I hadn't thought of until this thread. 

The medical aspect could disappear for all I care. I could live with Jason/Ian, Olivia, Cole and Jason's doctor friend. I just want more backstory, goddangit!

Agreed, I can watch Grey's Anatomy or re-runs of ER if I wanted to see more medical drama.  That would actually be a good twist for this show and would bring a new dynamic to Ian/Jason.

Loveee

Loveee

Loyal Viewer

Posted Jul 9, 2013 @ 11:10 AM

After 4 episodes I think this show has improved since the Pilot. I actually think the Pilot has been the worse episode.

Add me to the list of those who don't care for the medical aspect part of the show. I think it slows the show down when he is dealing with patients we may never see again.

I find the Ian/Olivia relationship to be very interesting. He said he loved her first so I wonder if maybe he met her first. He mentioned them together was good that Jason was the one who was the problem. I don't think Jason is aware of all of this. He knows Ian was obsessed with her but he seems to be missing some facts. I would like to learn more about this hopefully get some flashbacks.

Jason is stuck yet again I wonder how he will take to learning Olivia didn't help.

I also hope we learn these answers this season since the show wont be coming back.

Edited by Loveee, Jul 9, 2013 @ 11:16 AM.

Machuran

Machuran

Fanatic

Posted Jul 9, 2013 @ 12:46 PM

I find the Ian/Olivia relationship to be very interesting. He said he loved her first so I wonder if maybe he met her first. He mentioned them together was good that Jason was the one who was the problem. I don't think Jason is aware of all of this. He knows Ian was obsessed with her but he seems to be missing some facts. I would like to learn more about this hopefully get some flashbacks.

Jason is stuck yet again I wonder how he will take to learning Olivia didn't help.

If she did, the show would've been over a lot faster.

Loveee

Loveee

Loyal Viewer

Posted Jul 9, 2013 @ 12:53 PM

Yes I know its still to early for him to stop changing but still finding out Olivia didn't help will be a shock.

Machuran

Machuran

Fanatic

Posted Jul 9, 2013 @ 1:46 PM

Yes I know its still to early for him to stop changing but still finding out Olivia didn't help will be a shock.

I guess so, I just hope the remaining episodes will be less focused on medical procedures.

Ailiana

Ailiana

Fanatic

Posted Jul 9, 2013 @ 6:21 PM

I am wondering why Jason doesn't allow himself to be tied up by his lab assistant, securely enough that Ian can't get out, and get the sample that way.  Why exactly did it have to be Olivia?  They made some noise about how Ian wouldn't let anyone else get close enough, but if he is really really tied up, it isn't his decision.

That said, I am really still enjoying this show, and do think it just needed a little time to find itself.  It's a shame they cancelled it.

Machuran

Machuran

Fanatic

Posted Jul 9, 2013 @ 7:25 PM

I am wondering why Jason doesn't allow himself to be tied up by his lab assistant, securely enough that Ian can't get out, and get the sample that way.  Why exactly did it have to be Olivia?  They made some noise about how Ian wouldn't let anyone else get close enough, but if he is really really tied up, it isn't his decision.

Probably for the dramatic confrontation between the two and to show how Olivia is with both of them.

Loveee

Loveee

Loyal Viewer

Posted Jul 9, 2013 @ 9:02 PM

I agree it was cancelled too and it should not have been on NBC it should have been a cable show from the start.

Well Jason while be a great doctor does not seem to bright when it comes to everything else lol.

When Ian called Phylicia Rashad a MILF and her expression were priceless.

KaveDweller

KaveDweller

Fanatic

Posted Jul 9, 2013 @ 9:04 PM

Why exactly did it have to be Olivia?  They made some noise about how Ian wouldn't let anyone else get close enough, but if he is really really tied up, it isn't his decision.

I think that was the only way to convince Ian to give the speech at the awards thing.

Ailiana

Ailiana

Fanatic

Posted Jul 10, 2013 @ 3:38 AM

But the second night at the hotel was after the award speech, so even if Olivia talked to him for a little bit to keep the deal, she isn't needed to get the sample.  And any old night, lab assistant (whose name I have no idea of) could tie up Jason and then draw the sample from Ian.

piya

piya

Video Archivist

Posted Jul 10, 2013 @ 5:26 AM

And any old night, lab assistant (whose name I have no idea of) could tie up Jason and then draw the sample from Ian.

Exactly. Jason could be tied up real tight on any night, his neck all numb and then after the change takes place, the assistant could come up behind him and take the sample without being seen by Ian.  But of course, that won't happen because the writing is just not imaginvative enough.

But even as preposterous as the premise is, I, for some reason like the show and think that it should have gotten a chance to find it's footing. They just shouldn't have made Jason a doctor. Anything but a doctor could have been made to work.

Anyways, I like both Jason and Ian and like Olivia and can sort of understand why she couldn't go through with the first step to ending Ian. Don't like the lady doctor - she bugs me for some reason.

Edited by piya, Jul 10, 2013 @ 5:28 AM.

Machuran

Machuran

Fanatic

Posted Jul 10, 2013 @ 7:01 AM

But even as preposterous as the premise is, I, for some reason like the show and think that it should have gotten a chance to find it's footing. They just shouldn't have made Jason a doctor. Anything but a doctor could have been made to work.

Anyways, I like both Jason and Ian and like Olivia and can sort of understand why she couldn't go through with the first step to ending Ian. Don't like the lady doctor - she bugs me for some reason.

This show should focus more on the Jason/Ian dynamic instead of the doctor stuff.

piya

piya

Video Archivist

Posted Jul 10, 2013 @ 8:55 AM

This show should focus more on the Jason/Ian dynamic instead of the doctor stuff.

That's one of the few things that actually works on this show. I haven't see the actor in anything before but he's quite good in the way he makes Jason and Ian have subtly different personalities. They inhabit the same body but are noticeably different. Jason and Ian works and their interaction with Olivia works - everything else is a yawn.

I have to ask - which one does Olivia love? Jason or Ian or both. Similarly, Ian professes to love her (in as much as a sociopath like him is capable of) but what about Jason. He seems to be very keen on  starting something with the other doctor but still has a connection to Olivia. And why didn't he ever wonder why his alter-ego filled his house with painting of a young boy done by his ex-gf?

So many questions and obviously I am spending way too much time on this.

Machuran

Machuran

Fanatic

Posted Jul 10, 2013 @ 1:09 PM

That's one of the few things that actually works on this show. I haven't see the actor in anything before but he's quite good in the way he makes Jason and Ian have subtly different personalities. They inhabit the same body but are noticeably different. Jason and Ian works and their interaction with Olivia works - everything else is a yawn.

I have to ask - which one does Olivia love? Jason or Ian or both. Similarly, Ian professes to love her (in as much as a sociopath like him is capable of) but what about Jason. He seems to be very keen on  starting something with the other doctor but still has a connection to Olivia. And why didn't he ever wonder why his alter-ego filled his house with painting of a young boy done by his ex-gf?

So many questions and obviously I am spending way too much time on this.

Exactly, I guess it's complicated for her since she couldn't go through with it.

LostintheHouse

LostintheHouse

Video Archivist

Posted Jul 10, 2013 @ 1:30 PM

I watch this show for the pure comedic value:  poorly conceived, bad script, plot holes big enough to drive 10 tanks through - lengthwise, bad acting (except for the guy playing Jason/Ian - he's pretty good).  And maybe I've watched House episode 1 in Season 6 to think "Alvey!!" every time the lab tech comes on screen.

I don't like SitComs, but Saturday nights more than satisfy my need for comedy, with this show and Zero Hour.

Machuran

Machuran

Fanatic

Posted Jul 10, 2013 @ 2:53 PM

I watch this show for the pure comedic value:  poorly conceived, bad script, plot holes big enough to drive 10 tanks through - lengthwise, bad acting (except for the guy playing Jason/Ian - he's pretty good).  And maybe I've watched House episode 1 in Season 6 to think "Alvey!!" every time the lab tech comes on screen.

I don't like SitComs, but Saturday nights more than satisfy my need for comedy, with this show and Zero Hour.

Same here, and it's Ian who usually provides the laughs.

Ailiana

Ailiana

Fanatic

Posted Jul 14, 2013 @ 7:06 PM

My DVR recorded part of the Zimmerman coverage and then a reality show.  Am I the only one who didn't get a new episode, or is it entirely preempted until next week (when my guide shows another new episode)?

TheLabRat

TheLabRat

Fanatic

Posted Jul 14, 2013 @ 8:12 PM

Yeah I didn't get one either.  I checked the listings at a site I can't discuss here for twop policy reasons and they didn't have one in their listings.  It could be running late (usually not this late but possible) but odds are if those kinds of sites don't have it, it must not have aired. 

Machuran

Machuran

Fanatic

Posted Jul 14, 2013 @ 8:48 PM

Yeah I didn't get one either.  I checked the listings at a site I can't discuss here for twop policy reasons and they didn't have one in their listings.  It could be running late (usually not this late but possible) but odds are if those kinds of sites don't have it, it must not have aired.

Not sure why they postponed it for a week, it's already a summer burnoff on Saturdays.

TheLabRat

TheLabRat

Fanatic

Posted Jul 14, 2013 @ 8:58 PM

Me neither.  And I haven't bothered to look up what aired in its place.  But it seems like the listings have been a bit off for this and other summer burnoffs.  What the listings and other sites said have been airing have been hitting on different days than planned.  Kind of frustrating.

Aliasscape

Aliasscape

Fanatic

Posted Jul 14, 2013 @ 9:36 PM

I haven't see the actor in anything before but he's quite good in the way he makes Jason and Ian have subtly different personalities. 

You can catch him in a witty Lifetime Miniseries called "Marry Me" with Lucy Liu (Joan Watson of Elementary), Enrique Murciano (Danny of Without a Trace)  and Vanessa Marano (Bay of Switched at Birth) and other stars you might recognize.

Machuran

Machuran

Fanatic

Posted Jul 15, 2013 @ 11:00 AM

Me neither.  And I haven't bothered to look up what aired in its place.  But it seems like the listings have been a bit off for this and other summer burnoffs.  What the listings and other sites said have been airing have been hitting on different days than planned.  Kind of frustrating.

Yeah, I kind of wished it would leak the rest of the episodes online like Zero Hour.

Liezsa

Liezsa

Just Tuned In

Posted Jul 15, 2013 @ 11:58 AM

I for myself find the whole Jason/Ian/Olivia story very interesting, and the last episode suprised me. I kind of thought that Jason and Olivia met first and then Ian also fell in love with her. But now it seems that Ian and Olivia were together and somehow she ended up with Jason. I believe Ian when he say´s that he still loves Olivia, but it´s a creepy love. He´s stalking her and their son, but I don´t think that he would do something that would harm her, but you never know...I´m looking forward to find out how Olivia got her scar, there must be a reason that she is afraid.

So if Jason somehow stole Olivia from Ian, that adds some very intersesting tension to the whole Jason/Ian story, and would explain why Ian ist out to wreck Jason´s life. I do wonder why Ian has not told Jason about Cole...

The series keeps getting better and better.

Actionmage

Actionmage

Fanatic

Posted Jul 21, 2013 @ 12:42 AM

Newbie here- I watched this tonight, not sure what kind of episode I'd get, but it was enjoyable.

I like the actor playing Jason/Ian; he's got to be having a blast "acting up" as Ian.

As predictable as Betheny's story was, I feel it was sold by the actors. The 'morning after' scene in the bathroom? I actually laughed at Ian/Bethany's prank, but totally got Jason's WTF? reaction.

Ian yelling about Amber alerts and such on his way to 'free' his sweetie was funny, but doesn't anyone on staff know about the DID?

It's good to see Phyllica Rashad on TV; is that Journee Smollett playing her daughter?

I just hope that Ian understands that despite his firebug ways, the DID group is going to continue to meet. So, like trashing Jason's house, unproductive in the end. (I get the anger and frustration over losing Bethany, but arson is not really the answer.)

Machuran

Machuran

Fanatic

Posted Jul 21, 2013 @ 1:04 PM

I like the actor playing Jason/Ian; he's got to be having a blast "acting up" as Ian.

It's the best part of the series hands down.

SillyMamma

SillyMamma

Fanatic

Posted Jul 21, 2013 @ 2:29 PM

I loved this ep. Really showed off how much at a disadvantage Ian is -- locked away for 5 years, and then that awful bore keeps sending away his interesting friends.

Of course, now I wonder: does Ian know what lunch and breakfast are like? Have they ever travelled to other time zones? Whose name and picture are on the passport!?

Machuran

Machuran

Fanatic

Posted Jul 21, 2013 @ 3:11 PM

I loved this ep. Really showed off how much at a disadvantage Ian is -- locked away for 5 years, and then that awful bore keeps sending away his interesting friends.

Of course, now I wonder: does Ian know what lunch and breakfast are like? Have they ever travelled to other time zones? Whose name and picture are on the passport!?

I wish the series explored more of that instead of the medical aspect.

Edited by Machuran, Jul 21, 2013 @ 4:25 PM.

LostintheHouse

LostintheHouse

Video Archivist

Posted Jul 21, 2013 @ 3:37 PM

No episode shown in Detroit last night.  I'll have to check On Demand.  I missed having my Saturday Night Giggle.

TheLabRat

TheLabRat

Fanatic

Posted Jul 21, 2013 @ 3:50 PM

THe episode we got on the West Coast last night was the one that was supposed to air last week but didn't (1X05).  Hope that helps you track it down.