Cycle 20 General Gabbery: Girls and Boys

• Please log in to reply

180 replies to this topic

milkyaqua

milkyaqua

Stalker

Posted Mar 11, 2013 @ 5:13 PM

Yeah, Jourdan's really the only girl I'm invested in right now even with that hair. Kanani looks good too. Most of the guys look ridiculous. I can't with Phil who seems to be a favorite which I don't get. Jeremy is doing blue steel and I don't know what Don and Cory are doing. I hope Chlea has been eliminated by now because that photo is bad.

Edited by milkyaqua, Mar 11, 2013 @ 5:14 PM.

OnceSane

OnceSane

Fanatic

Posted Mar 11, 2013 @ 11:29 PM

Some of the guys have very...feminine poses. Or maybe the poses just come off as too non-masculine. I don't know what it is, but I know I don't like it.

nicenessness

nicenessness

Stalker

Posted Mar 12, 2013 @ 5:39 PM

I am totally here for men embracing femininity. It's really a must for male models. I think of all of them, Marvin and Jourdan are my favorites (overall.)

milkyaqua

milkyaqua

Stalker

Posted Mar 13, 2013 @ 3:14 PM

Some of the contestants walked at the BridageL.A. fashion show last night for L.A. fashion week. Raina walked that show also.

Xazeal

Xazeal

Fanatic

Posted Mar 14, 2013 @ 3:40 PM

Photoshoot 6 - In Couture in a Magical Field

If it hadn't been for the title, I'd have thought the theme was "corpses".

milkyaqua

milkyaqua

Stalker

Posted Mar 14, 2013 @ 3:59 PM

Magical field, huh? All I see are mirrors and clocks. Whoa, at the hair color on almost all of the guys. Chris is doing Billy Idol. I don't know what Marvin or Mike are doing. Gee, that's a lot of dark eyeliner on Jiana, her eyes almost disappear. Meh, I guess it could have been worse. None of them are wowing me.

nicenessness

nicenessness

Stalker

Posted Mar 14, 2013 @ 5:27 PM

Is Chlea plus-sized? Anyway, the only one I like is Nina's...

roguetamlin

roguetamlin

Fanatic

Posted Mar 14, 2013 @ 5:36 PM

It will be....interesting (?) to know what the direction was. "Look dead"? "Think about time"? "Make French actress lips"? If it's that last it would explain why those posters think Nina is so good. Cos I got nothing.

points up. Love ya nicenessness. :)

Edited by roguetamlin, Mar 14, 2013 @ 5:37 PM.

Saintz

Saintz

Couch Potato

Posted Mar 15, 2013 @ 4:25 PM

I liked Jourdan's, Nina's and Jeremy's picture.

Everyone else look awful. Don looks like an amputee.

milkyaqua

milkyaqua

Stalker

Posted Mar 15, 2013 @ 8:16 PM

Tyra thanking fans and warning about a fan favorite going home

As for whether or not Chlea is the plussie this cycle, so far it's only been speculation on different forums.

Edited by milkyaqua, Mar 15, 2013 @ 8:17 PM.

BoredEnough

BoredEnough

Couch Potato

Posted Mar 17, 2013 @ 9:57 PM

As for whether or not Chlea is the plussie this cycle, so far it's only been speculation on different forums.

I'm unable to check now but I'm pretty sure she said so herself in her initial video. I think she's actually a great plussie, she's just horrible at modeling.

The cast this season is really underwhelming. The guys are just awful. Marvin is probably the guy with the most potential, and that isn't saying much because he's still dull.

Chris H takes the most interesting pictures, and he looks much better with the blonde hair.

I loved Jiana from her first polaroid. That's a face for photography. I like Jourdan as well.

milkyaqua

milkyaqua

Stalker

Posted Mar 18, 2013 @ 4:19 PM

Photoshoot 7 - Embracing Flaws with Zendaya and Shaun Ross

milkyaqua

milkyaqua

Stalker

Posted Mar 21, 2013 @ 10:00 PM

Possible overseas location:

eelain steketee
‏@eelain212 2h Spotted: #TyraBanks in #Bali at our resort #sofierce #celebrities #paparazzi @ Ayana Resort and Spa http://instagram.com/p/XJBFotIUnX/
2 hours

And another:

Heard the news that all the contestants of American Next Top Model will be in Bali, with Terry Richardson too. W... — http://path.com/p/1tBsr4

Edited by milkyaqua, Mar 21, 2013 @ 10:01 PM.

milkyaqua

milkyaqua

Stalker

Posted Mar 25, 2013 @ 1:18 PM

Photoshoot 8: Embodying and Posing with Various Animals

milkyaqua

milkyaqua

Stalker

Posted Mar 26, 2013 @ 2:44 PM

Photoshoot 9: Rice Paddy Couture

milkyaqua

milkyaqua

Stalker

Posted Mar 29, 2013 @ 2:55 PM

Photoshoot 10: Hanging Upside-Down with Bats

milkyaqua

milkyaqua

Stalker

Posted Apr 1, 2013 @ 1:22 PM

Photoshoot 11: Guess Campaign

milkyaqua

milkyaqua

Stalker

Posted Apr 3, 2013 @ 3:51 PM

Final runway today

cosmom

cosmom

Fanatic

Posted Apr 14, 2013 @ 6:08 PM

How very underwhelming these hamsters look. I'll watch an ep or two to see if it is an entertaining trainwreck or just carnage, but I strongly suspect that I am out.

Oholibamah

Oholibamah

Stalker

Posted Apr 16, 2013 @ 10:39 AM

My favorite girls are Nina and Jourdan. Jiana is super hit-or-miss. Kanani is okay in photos, but pedestrian. Alex, Chlea and Renee are consistently bottom of the heap.

Overall I find the men much stronger. Corey blows my mind in almost every shoot and I really like how Marvin's face photographs, even if it always looks identical. I also really like Don and Chris in photos, and Jeremy has the goods despite being bland. Phil mostly sucks, but he has potential and a handful of strong photos. I won't even get started on Mike.

Some of the shoots are hokey, and I bet most of the eliminations will be a joke, but I'm optimistic about this season.

Edited by Oholibamah, Apr 16, 2013 @ 10:42 AM.

WalkSoftly

WalkSoftly

Fanatic

Posted Apr 19, 2013 @ 12:34 PM

Oh my goodness how did my DVR not pick this season up?? I've got to see if it's being re-run on on-line! GUYS! :D

I like the 'Guess' shots.

OakGoblinfly

OakGoblinfly

Fanatic

Posted Apr 19, 2013 @ 1:26 PM

WalkSoftly Cycle 20 hasn't aired yet; it is suppose to air this summer

WalkSoftly

WalkSoftly

Fanatic

Posted Apr 20, 2013 @ 3:18 PM

OakGoblinfly... LOL! That's good to know! I won't have to kick my DVR! :D Thanks!

ThighraBanks

ThighraBanks

Fanatic

Posted Apr 25, 2013 @ 3:12 AM

You know what.. I'll think I'll give a rundown of my pre-show opinion! See Tyra, someone cares about your show still!

Chris S: 5'10''. Chris S. is 5 foot 10.
Chris H: Huge under bite. But can look nice in pictures for a market like London.
Cory: Looks like the dude that plays the wizard from the house of the undying in Qarth where Dynarae's dragons were stolen. i.e. fucking scary.
Jeremy: Soap star.
Phil: Every other hipster in every park anywhere in the world.
Marvin: Striking face but incredibly one note, don't think this one is going very far with only one expression.
Renee: Pretty. Short. Photographs like hell.
Jourdan: I like Jourdan. She sort of reminds me of Nicole Linkletter sometimes.
Jiana: Busted. Dear lord.
Nina: Is not Allison.
Mike: Is is seriously 6 foot fucking 5 and seriously not a model.
Kanani Andaluz: I'm sorry but is her name really dog from Andalusia? Very short but pretty.
Don: Looks like he's about to rape you.
Chlea: Looks like a dude.
Bianca: Can't find her portfolio... From one picture: meh.
Alex: Looks like a girl who says 'like' a lot.

Great cast!

NewTyrastic

NewTyrastic

Fanatic

Posted May 15, 2013 @ 3:27 AM

Yikes! I was just checking in to see what was going on with this show and those photo shoots look awful. All the models suck!

I quit this show part way through last season and the episodes I did watch, I only half paid attention. I didn't watch the Brit/American cycle at all. How is this show still on the air? It boogles my mind.

Saintz

Saintz

Couch Potato

Posted May 17, 2013 @ 8:56 PM

Pledge your allegiance to America's Next Top Model 2.0! Getting ready for the August premiere of ANTM Guys and Girls with a Tyra Takeover on Instagram: www.instagram.com/cw_antm

Tyra posted that on FB.

So the new season starts on August ugh. I wanted it to be sooner because I need my trainwreck fix.

milkyaqua

milkyaqua

Stalker

Posted May 24, 2013 @ 2:45 PM

Bianca is with Wilhelmina L.A.

milkyaqua

milkyaqua

Stalker

Posted May 28, 2013 @ 10:17 PM

Cycle 20 Judge Promo

Semi-finalist Ronald Epps is signed with Wilhelmina and was featured as models.com "Model of the Week"

Semi-finalist Curtis Roland is also with Wilhelmina under Development.

aradia22

aradia22

Fanatic

Posted Jun 3, 2013 @ 12:44 AM

I have watched so many seasons of this show and even the rerun marathons but I couldn't stomach All-Stars and after that I skipped most of the British Invasion and College Edition seasons. It's not that this show has ever been high art. But it used to be a lot more enjoyable. I don't know if it's the quality of the show, challenges, or models but it's just getting tedious. As for these Cycle 20 photoshoots, I think they did reasonably well on the beauty shots in episode 4. But in general they seem like they're not trying or they just lack natural ability and maybe that just shows more in the whole body shots where you see the lack of gracefulness and their inability to pose.

There seem to be two kinds of models who actually get work. Those who are special and actually have talent and charisma. And those who are the right kind of bland and disinterested that allows you to focus on the clothes. There are maybe 3 of the first kind (if we're being generous) and a few of the second kind. And the rest of these contestants are just people taking pictures.

It seems like there's not too much craziness this season. They seem weirdly static in the paint challenge. You would think that they would look more dynamic in an action shot like that. And the hanging upside down like bats challenge was stupid. They all look terrible.

I will give this season a chance, though I might be doing a lot of fast-forwarding. I hate the new judges.

milkyaqua

milkyaqua

Stalker

Posted Jun 5, 2013 @ 5:20 PM

Premiere via Futon Critic:

June 5, 2013 (Burbank, California) - The CW has announced the two-hour premiere of the first ever "Guys and Girls" edition of AMERICA'S NEXT TOP MODEL on Friday, August 2 (8:00-10:00p.m. ET).