The Taste

• Please log in to reply

1067 replies to this topic

ari333

ari333

Fanatic

Posted Mar 7, 2013 @ 8:46 PM

I find it hilarious that Sah-rah is flirting with both Ludo and Gregg while sporting a big fat engagement ring. But Ludo is even worse since he's married. I bet Tuesday nights are tense at Casa Ludo.

Yes, indeed! But maybe I bleeve you mean, "Sah-RAH." :)

Holy smokes. I'm with whoever said, "Get a room."... except that is morally reprehensible since one is married and one is (?) engaged.

So never mind. [/Rosannadanna]

Ok, cheap thrill. I find Ludo's accent super sexy. (read: soo-PAIR sox-EE) He's still a colossal douche though. (imo).

Additionally, I'm tired of Malarkey and the flood pants.

Edited by ari333, Mar 7, 2013 @ 8:55 PM.

Psychobunny

Psychobunny

Couch Potato

Posted Mar 9, 2013 @ 3:05 AM

It's official-the only contestant I can stand at this point is Kris-famewhore or not. She also cooks consistently well. Sarah needs to put her hair up and get a skirt that covers her ass. Seriously, when your apron is longer than your skirt there is a problem. I also noticed what looke like an engagement ring on her left hand.

Meanwhile, Nigella continues to be made of awesome. Even though I'm straight I would almost switch teams for her. I want to be her when I grow up.

Nigella-"What's sexy about delicate?"
Ludo-"You want a guy who just takes you hard (unintelligible)?"
Nigella-"Yes" (as she lounges shoeless on the couch sipping champagne with her dress slipping off her shoulder).

Seriously- how can mere mortal women compete?

notinbtnet

notinbtnet

Loyal Viewer

Posted Mar 9, 2013 @ 4:43 AM

Finally caught the beginning of the last episode, and I am kind of annoyed because the dish that won for Ludo's kitchen is a dish that Ludo is known for. The panna cotta with salted caramel and caviar is a dish that Ludo has been serving since around 2004. It is one of the dishes he is known for. And from the episode it seems like Ludo helps Sarah a lot during those challenges and does a lot of the cooking for her, so in essence Ludo won Sarah the cookware prize. If I was any of the other contestants, I would be pissed.

Puds38

Puds38

Stalker

Posted Mar 9, 2013 @ 12:30 PM

From her twitter, she has been on Chef Wanted, Millionaire Matchmaker,and the Real L Word, so the Taste makes four. I could have sworn she was on Chopped as well, but I could be mistaken.

Pretty sure she was on Chopped as well since I don't watch any of those other shows and I recognized her. Nevertheless I don't think it makes her any more the famewhore than Diane. Ironically enough this is the first time I am hearing of Diane's homeless sob story, so I'm taking it with a large grain of salt. Personally I think Kristianne is the better cook, so I'm rooting for her.

Kali12

Kali12

Fanatic

Posted Mar 9, 2013 @ 12:51 PM

It is one of the dishes he is known for. And from the episode it seems like Ludo helps Sarah a lot during those challenges and does a lot of the cooking for her, so in essence Ludo won Sarah the cookware prize. If I was any of the other contestants, I would be pissed.

I don't understand all of the rules for this show, but "cheating" seems to be one of them.

I think he's been told he's good looking and how sexy his accent is just too many times and I feel sorry for his wife because I think he's quite a player. I liked him well enough with Bourdain in France on "No Reservations", but seeing him here, he is insufferable.

Kromm

Kromm

Fanatic

Posted Mar 9, 2013 @ 1:39 PM

Nigella-"What's sexy about delicate?"
Ludo-"You want a guy who just takes you hard (unintelligible)?"
Nigella-"Yes" (as she lounges shoeless on the couch sipping champagne with her dress slipping off her shoulder).

Seriously- how can mere mortal women compete?

Really, this coming out of Nigella's mouth didn't surprise me in the least.

They also cut to Bourdain laughing his ass off listening to this.

Pretty sure she was on Chopped as well since I don't watch any of those other shows and I recognized her. Nevertheless I don't think it makes her any more the famewhore than Diane. Ironically enough this is the first time I am hearing of Diane's homeless sob story, so I'm taking it with a large grain of salt. Personally I think Kristianne is the better cook, so I'm rooting for her.

Yeah, the episode of Millionaire Matchmaker with Kristianne was very recent too. She wasn't being matched, by the way, she was on an episode where Denise Richards was on with her Dad, and the Dad was being matched. Kristianne served as personal chef for the date, which happened at Denise's house (apparently Denise's dad serves as live-in childcare for the kids, so he lives with Denise).

It all came off as a little peculiar, since elsewhere Kristianne is credited as Charlie Sheen's personal chef and not as Denise's, and things are supposedly very permanently contentious between those two, but I suppose trading off personal chefs for TV appearances must be one of those rare areas where those two can still er... communicate.

spankydoll

spankydoll

Couch Potato

Posted Mar 9, 2013 @ 3:52 PM

Dumb firestarter blonde should have been sent off and trailer park chick should have stayed. I don't believe all of this "it's all about the food" baloney because it isn't. This show is terrible. I am only watching it for snark value now.

I was a big fan of Tony in the past. I thought that he was witty. During his time on this show he appears to have a small arsenal of funny/snarky sayings )like Bethanny Frankel) and not much else. Couldn't he find something to replace "weapons of mass destruction" with other than "I like the cut of your job".

I want to hang out with Nigella at a happy hour though. Adore her!

Puds38

Puds38

Stalker

Posted Mar 9, 2013 @ 4:12 PM

It all came off as a little peculiar, since elsewhere Kristianne is credited as Charlie Sheen's personal chef and not as Denise's, and things are supposedly very permanently contentious between those two, but I suppose trading off personal chefs for TV appearances must be one of those rare areas where those two can still er... communicate.

They have since become more friendly, to the point where Denise was taking care of Brooke Mueller's twins during her last trip to rehab. I would not be surprised if Kristianne worked at Denise's house, but the check was cut by Charlie Sheen.

Thena

Thena

Fanatic

Posted Mar 11, 2013 @ 1:22 PM

I was a big fan of Tony in the past. I thought that he was witty. During his time on this show he appears to have a small arsenal of funny/snarky sayings )like Bethanny Frankel) and not much else. Couldn't he find something to replace "weapons of mass destruction" with other than "I like the cut of your job".

Some of the things Tony said on the Travel channel are very snarky but controversial. He swears a lot more in real life too so being on network TV does neuter him. They probably cut a lot of what he says out which is sad. This is why he is a good writer because he can be very witty, but this is not the avenue for it.

Really, this coming out of Nigella's mouth didn't surprise me in the least.

Long time Nigella watcher, and it didn't surprise me either, but I loved how the guys reacted to it especially Ludo. Someone needs to shut him up more.

ari333

ari333

Fanatic

Posted Mar 11, 2013 @ 4:35 PM

"Fire-starter blonde" heh

Love Nigella; She did look hot stretched out on the couch sipping champagne.

I want to smack Diane in the face with a pie ...or my shoe.

Edited by ari333, Mar 11, 2013 @ 4:36 PM.

cooksdelight

cooksdelight

Stalker

Posted Mar 11, 2013 @ 6:35 PM

I saw a picture of Kris with her girlfriend and Denise Richards. Her girlfriend is really pretty. I hope she wins tomorrow. And I will be so glad this show is over.

Katgrrl

Katgrrl

Couch Potato

Posted Mar 12, 2013 @ 1:42 AM

cooksdelight:

All she has to do is keep showing Tony her cleavage, laughing at everything he says and drinking with him while she cooks.

This is what my current relationship's foundation was built upon. Not so bad, but I didn't exactly win a car or $100k either.

I intensely dislike the execution of this program. The idea is brilliant but as we've seen, easy enough to cheat. I hate Malarkey, he is a douchebag extraordinaire and the bullshit fuckery with him and Ludo is totally out of place on a show like this. Let me see more of the preparation, decision making and reasoning involved with creating each dish/spoon...it is so glossed over and I want more of the kitchen time shown rather than some asshat causing a pressure cooker to explode and then chopping off an appendage, even if I hate him.

That said, I have intense envy for Nigella's wardrobe and figure. That woman is so utterly beautifully sexy. Leave the other two judges out of it and the show works for me, though Nigella has had some questionable palate responses to dishes she's been served.

The show needs some fine tuning and a little juggling if it is to return for another season.

Kali12

Kali12

Fanatic

Posted Mar 12, 2013 @ 11:45 AM

All she has to do is keep showing Tony her cleavage, laughing at everything he says and drinking with him while she cooks.

I think her biggest asset is her hard luck story. He's such a softie, such a sucker for "real people struggling against adversity and personal failings to make it" (he relates) that she got him rooting for her in a personal way.

She probably -is- a good cook, though, because I think he's got a great palate and she hasn't just been saved by Tony.

All that aside, I'm hoping Kris wins. She seems like the standout throughout--Greg, perhaps, second.

Thena

Thena

Fanatic

Posted Mar 12, 2013 @ 6:02 PM

That said, I have intense envy for Nigella's wardrobe and figure. That woman is so utterly beautifully sexy. Leave the other two judges out of it and the show works for me, though Nigella has had some questionable palate responses to dishes she's been served.

I do like that Nigella is the only judge that likes sweet things. The other three are traditional chefs who do not do sweet unless they did a very good stint at pastry (Tony didn't, Malarkey is not a pro in my eyes and Ludo seems unlikely too). I see this as someone who doesn't even have a sweet tooth, but someone on the panel should appreciate a good pudding once in awhile. Anyway, Nigella is very beautiful and she does know how to dress it too.

All that aside, I'm hoping Kris wins. She seems like the standout throughout--Greg, perhaps, second.

Yeah, I'm of similar mind as well. I also agree with you Kali12, that Diane has hooked Tony with her melodramatic sob story. I've been a fan of Tony's for years and he doesn't really come off as remotely pervy or flirty as Ludo has with sah-RAH.

Haveahabit

Haveahabit

Fanatic

Posted Mar 12, 2013 @ 9:02 PM

Oh thank doG! I don't care if she's a reality TV whore, she was clearly the best . . . And she wasn't Diane.

Puds38

Puds38

Stalker

Posted Mar 12, 2013 @ 9:04 PM

I actually mostly enjoyed this show, and I am extremely happy that Kristianne won.

LakeGal

LakeGal

Fanatic

Posted Mar 12, 2013 @ 9:08 PM

I was very happy and satisfied with the result tonight.

OoogleEyes

OoogleEyes

Couch Potato

Posted Mar 12, 2013 @ 9:39 PM

What was the prize for this show exactly?

slasherboy

slasherboy

Couch Potato

Posted Mar 12, 2013 @ 9:56 PM

Does anybody know Kristianne's last name? I'd like to read about her. Thanks. I'm sooooo glad she won and sooooo glad Greg was the first one out. Hee

Love me some Tony B. but this set-up just doesn't seem like his baliwick. Being on network TV seems too restrictive for him.

The show seems too disjointed to me. I agree with others who want to watch the food actually being prepared. That said, if it comes back for Season Two, I'll watch for Tony B. alone.

Edited by slasherboy, Mar 12, 2013 @ 9:57 PM.

cooksdelight

cooksdelight

Stalker

Posted Mar 12, 2013 @ 10:04 PM

Kris' last name is Uy. I am so glad she won. Yes, anybody but Diane.

Surprised but glad Greg got eliminated. He was so sure he wasn't going anywhere. His final parting comment that he'd rather have lost by doing his own thing than won by having someone hold his hand was a dig at his new girlfriend. Something tells me she won't pick up on that. And yeah, that was definitely a pretty good sized engagement ring on her hand. Wonder what ex-fiance thinks of all this?

Happy for Kris, but damn, why did it have to be Malarkey getting the other half of the trophy? He growled and grunted all night.

They win that trophy, $100,000 and a new car.

royvac

royvac

Couch Potato

Posted Mar 12, 2013 @ 10:07 PM

Happy that Kris won but I wish she were on Tony or Nigellas team. I couldn't stand Malrky or Ludo.

PhPhan

PhPhan

Fanatic

Posted Mar 12, 2013 @ 10:45 PM

I didn't have a horse in this race. Mostly my thoughts from "Anyone but Diane" to - I hope the home cook wins just because of that remark Diane made about losing to a home cook.

biakbiak

biakbiak

Stalker

Posted Mar 12, 2013 @ 11:09 PM

Kristianne's last name? I'd like to read about her

Like her felony meth conviction? That said she was easily my favorite and hopefully she is doing better in life!

cooksdelight

cooksdelight

Stalker

Posted Mar 12, 2013 @ 11:18 PM

Someone who has made restitution and had charges dismissed really doesn't need to have that be a part of their story today. Looks like she's doing just great with this win and all the celebrities she has and will continue to cook for. :)

Chrissytd

Chrissytd

Couch Potato

Posted Mar 12, 2013 @ 11:45 PM

I'm happy with the winner, as long as it wasn't someone from Ludo, I was ok with the result.

Kristianne is going to be on next week's episode of The Millionaire Matchmaker.

Toleda

Toleda

Video Archivist

Posted Mar 13, 2013 @ 12:03 AM

Yes indeed, Chrissytd. It looks just craptastic. She appears under the name "Chef K." Didn't Kristianne say her girlfriend was at the finals? I am confused.

I'm glad she won, but I begrudge MALARKEY! his spoon trophy.

Edited because I hadn't seen Chrissytd's comment when I first posted

Edited by Toleda, Mar 13, 2013 @ 12:11 AM.

Modernwhimsy

Modernwhimsy

Couch Potato

Posted Mar 13, 2013 @ 12:21 AM

The finale had an energy that no other one could muster.

Yea for Kris...boo for Malarkey. Man is he annoying!

Sarah's hair was so gross. She and Greg seem....well matched.

Adore Andres.

GaT

GaT

Fanatic

Posted Mar 13, 2013 @ 1:18 AM

“Watch out for Nigella, she will cut a bitch” LMAO

I was watching Tony get things for Diane & Ludo mixing something for Sarah during the Tapas challenge, were the mentors actually allowed to help like that? I thought they could only talk to them & taste their food.

Did you see how Gregg shook Jose Andres hand when he was leaving? He put his hand out to the side/back & didn’t even look at him. What an ass. I’m glad he went home first.

Diane looks exactly like her dad. I actually thought her final spoons sounded the tastiest, when Kris said she was worried about her puree because Nigells doesn't like them, I thought, then why would you make one?

I was laughing at Jose Andres freaking out the contestants as they were cooking, “are you sure you can do that technique” “that’s all the time you’ve been cooking?” “that’s a lot of flavors for one spoon” I would have stabbed him if I was one of them.

chocolatine

chocolatine

Fanatic

Posted Mar 13, 2013 @ 1:53 AM

So Khristianne is a millionaire? I know personal chefs make decent money, but millions? Or did Charlie Sheen write her a seven-figure check during one of his manic episodes?

GaT

GaT

Fanatic

Posted Mar 13, 2013 @ 2:09 AM

Kristianne is going to be on next week's episode of The Millionaire Matchmaker.

I thought you were joking when I read this! Then I looked at the link Toleda posted & there she is. I apologize if I offend anyone with the word famewhore, but it really does apply to her. This will be her 5th or 6th non related reality show. I'm not saying she didn't deserve to win this, I'm just saying that I don't believe cooking is her major focus, I think fame is.