S10 - Lizzie Binder

This topic has been archived. This means that you cannot reply to this topic.

9 replies to this topic

seltzer4

seltzer4

Fanatic

Posted Dec 30, 2012 @ 10:17 PM

Huh, not a lot of chefs have any topic threads. Do like Lizzie and her South African Accent.

TudorQueen

TudorQueen

Stalker

Posted Jan 4, 2013 @ 9:36 PM

I like her, too, and her cooking has been very good until this week - where she faced a 'damned if you do, damned if you don't' situation with the scallops, although as has been pointed out on the episode thread, her imagination failed her, too (I still want to try Richard Blais's 'banana scallops' some day).

She seems good natured and fun to be around, and I enjoy her talking heads. I hope this was just a stumble and not the beginning of a true fall from grace. And yes, I love her accent, too.

jordanandsam

jordanandsam

Video Archivist

Posted Jan 23, 2013 @ 11:57 PM

Just random thought - I like Lizzie (talent-wise & personality too) and I think she's kind of adorable in her own way, but I realized tonight how fun a Lizzie/Grumpy Cat mashup would be. I could see her say stuff like "I had fun once - it was awful" in her Lizzie-DeadpanSpeak.

Mooncake76

Mooncake76

Couch Potato

Posted Jan 24, 2013 @ 5:40 AM

I think Lizzie is probably one of the top chefs of this season, up with Kristen, Brooke, and Sheldon. What makes it difficult for me to root for her is her sour demeanor through this whole competition. She looks miserable and every time she has a TH, it looks like she just sucked on a lemon.

tip and fall

tip and fall

Stalker

Posted Jan 24, 2013 @ 10:43 AM

Aw, I think that Lizzie suffers from a case of natural bitchface. I can relate. It sucks when people think you look pissy or angry and you're really not. We can't help it!

jeansheridan

jeansheridan

Fanatic

Posted Jan 24, 2013 @ 11:59 AM

I love Lizzie's dry manner. I think she's just very, very dry. I liked her "response" to Josie's guilt/whininess. Nobody should have to face that first thing in the morning. I really got the sense she was thinking "if you have nothing nice to say, don't say it!". There wasn't any false comforting of Josie at all. I deeply appreciate that.

I think she's just really really tired too and it shows on her face. I don't know how old she is, but she has one of those faces that gets pale and drawn and she doesn't seem to bounce back from just one night's sleep. She needs a week.

I like how she's all business and gets it done.

Mooncake76

Mooncake76

Couch Potato

Posted Jan 24, 2013 @ 8:11 PM

Aw, I think that Lizzie suffers from a case of natural bitchface. I can relate. It sucks when people think you look pissy or angry and you're really not. We can't help it!

Hmm... it didn't occur to me that this was Lizzie's problem. Truth be told, I usually look unhappy as well. I should be more understanding.

ObstinantGirl

ObstinantGirl

Fanatic

Posted Jan 25, 2013 @ 1:22 PM

This is really interesting to me, to read how people see Lizzie as having "bitchface"...'cuz that's not how I've seen her at all. I've seen her as more quiet, working to be calm & controlled...and yet a little nervous & eager to do well.

jordanandsam

jordanandsam

Video Archivist

Posted Jan 25, 2013 @ 4:47 PM

I've seen her as more quiet, working to be calm & controlled...and yet a little nervous & eager to do well.

I agree with all that, I like her quite a bit and put her on par with Brooke and Sheldon in who I'd want to go to finals (people forget Brooke stumbled a little early on and then was mostly strong, versus Lizzie starting strong, stumbling, and regaining strong footing). She's a worker, not a whiner.

But I think Lizzie is appropriately bitchfaced too. And I like that about her as well.

MyAimIsTrue

MyAimIsTrue

Stalker

Posted Feb 1, 2013 @ 8:04 AM

Lizzie has what I call a "scrunchy" face. South African golfer Ernie Els sort of has it as well so I don't know if it's some sort of Afrikaner or Dutch trait?