Food Court Wars: Are You Kidding Me?

• Please log in to reply

220 replies to this topic

mlp

mlp

Couch Potato

Posted Apr 13, 2014 @ 10:35 PM

I really didn't want Molly's Kitchen to win for no other reason that I couldn't stand either of those women's voices. Those squeaky little girl voices drove me crazy.

Amen to that.  I could hardly stand to listen to them.  Right at the beginning, I think the dark-haired woman said she knew the blond from when she owned/worked at a salon.  The blond's hair and all of her kids' hair looked dreadful so, if the salon was a beauty parlor, I can easily see why she's not doing that any more. 

I liked both of the fellows and their sandwiches so I was disappointed that they didn't win. 

AirQuotes

AirQuotes

Channel Surfer

Posted Apr 14, 2014 @ 1:37 PM

Can I back up to last week's episode in Bossier City, LA?  The Pierre Bossier Mall is drying up, and I haven't been there in years.  My friends who live there report they haven't been there in so long they can't remember.  The Louisiana Boardwalk in Bossier is the newest shopping mall in the area so most people go there. I don't live in Shreveport/Bossier, but about an hour away. I do get over there about once a month to see friends and do stuff.

Next time I go over that way in a few weeks I will stop in Pierre Bossier Mall to see if I can report anything on these two food stalls and the overall condition of the mall.  Like most malls, it used to be a really nice, busy place.

Bistro to Go has had a little restaurant in Shreveport on Line Ave for several years now and their food is wonderful. Its a favorite lunch spot for me.  Here is their webisite: http://bistrotogo.co/

I don't know anything about Southern Traditions.

Hopefully I will get back to Shreveport before these boards shut down and I can update on the food court situation.

nottopbravo

nottopbravo

Couch Potato

Posted Apr 14, 2014 @ 6:02 PM

I really didn't want Molly's Kitchen to win for no other reason that I couldn't stand either of those women's voices.

I'm glad I wasn't the only one who noticed.

SubMarino's kitchen seemed the most organized of any kitchen on this show for a long time.  Except when they mysteriously found the steak for the Philly sandwich.  (Oh, production, are you just trying to create drama?)

When one of the guys said to a customer, "That will be 3 dollars", I knew they lost.   What ever item they were selling, 3 dollars seemed way to low.

theatremouse

theatremouse

Stalker

Posted Apr 14, 2014 @ 11:02 PM

SubMarino's seems like it'd also have had naming issues. Submarina is an established chain, and I get that they're different, but I would imagine way too similar sounding to not cause problems. Funny that both teams had that problem.

BW Manilowe

BW Manilowe

Fanatic

Posted Apr 15, 2014 @ 5:34 PM

SubMarino's seems like it'd also have had naming issues. Submarina is an established chain, and I get that they're different, but I would imagine way too similar sounding to not cause problems. Funny that both teams had that problem.

Not to mention the Fazoli's fast food chain (pasta, pizza, basically Italian with salads & Italian sub sandwiches) calls their sub sandwiches "Submarinos". Again, a similarity which could be confusing.

Kromm

Kromm

Fanatic

Posted Apr 16, 2014 @ 4:36 AM

I really didn't want Molly's Kitchen to win for no other reason that I couldn't stand either of those women's voices.

I couldn't go there, because the blond woman with the Wicked Witch pointy nose even said she couldn't help her voice or how it made people pre-judge her.  She's self-aware of the issue, so I'd feel petty holding it over her after hearing that.

The OTHER woman bugged me more, because in addition to the voice, she also had this weird Suzy Homemaker image going on, with the Pearls and the old fashioned dress.

jcbrown

jcbrown

Fanatic

Posted Apr 16, 2014 @ 9:39 PM

The OTHER woman bugged me more, because in addition to the voice, she also had this weird Suzy Homemaker image going on, with the Pearls and the old fashioned dress.

And don't forget the stupid stupid hair and the incessant whining about being the sole support of her overpopulated family with eight kids and one (slacker?) husband. I did not care for either of them (though I agree the slightly self-aware blonde one with the pointy nose and the also-bad hair was a bit better) and was sorry the SubMarino's guys didn't win.

Gale_Star

Gale_Star

Couch Potato

Posted Apr 16, 2014 @ 10:50 PM

I actually thought there might be something medically wrong with the blond. (Not trying to be mean).

The clean shaven sub guy was pretty cute.

I wonder if the first two "challenges" on this show make much of a difference at all. It seems like there are always enough people who come and the real deciding issue is whether kitchen can get the orders out in a timely fashion.

Kromm

Kromm

Fanatic

Posted Apr 16, 2014 @ 11:51 PM

I actually thought there might be something medically wrong with the blond. (Not trying to be mean). 

I didn't spot anything. The voice maybe was irksome, but she seemed normal otherwise.  She did that "uhhhh, yeah" and the stuff with the "things", but I gather that was just a weird sense of humor.  The ugly glasses are just her thing to try and distract people from her nose, I think (and maybe a little bit of hipsterism sneaking in).

The other one trying to be Marge Simpson was what struck me as weird.  Unless a kind of modern-retro thing like that is another hipster variant I'm not aware of.

GaT

GaT

Fanatic

Posted Yesterday, 08:07 PM

I didn't care which team won this week, they felt equal to me. I was surprised that the burger team used frozen fries for the first challenge, & Tyler didn't say anything about it, he usually doesn't like it when they use frozen food instead of fresh. I also wanted to smack Tyler when he was working with the burger team in the kitchen & after he tasted the burger he did the Robert Irvine Happy Dance. I did not need to see that.

NikSac

NikSac

Couch Potato

Posted Today, 02:57 AM

GaT oh my gosh I almost broke my tv (due to throwing things at it) when Tyler did that happy dance thing. And I like Tyler.