S10 - Brooke Williamson

This topic has been archived. This means that you cannot reply to this topic.

21 replies to this topic

nanobabes

nanobabes

Couch Potato

Posted Dec 26, 2012 @ 10:48 PM

I think she's proving to be a front runner, especially after her double win a few episodes back. And I liked her interaction with John this episode, she seems sweet.

Plus she reminds me of someone, as in a particular actress, and it's driving me crazy that I can't place who it is. Some have said Kristen Stewart, but I think she's less pouty and more girl-next-door looking. So far I'm thinking Robin Tunney (90's it girl of The Craft and Empire Records) or Rose Byrne. It's the wide eyes and heart-shaped face that seem familiar.

The Solution

The Solution

Couch Potato

Posted Dec 27, 2012 @ 10:54 AM

Brooke reminds me of Emmy Rossum.

Xazeal

Xazeal

Fanatic

Posted Dec 29, 2012 @ 8:39 PM

Heh, I came here to post that she reminds me of someone too, but I can't figure out who. It's definitely another reality show conestant, and it may not even be her looks, just her general vibe.

I really like her so far. Her, Kristen and Lizzie are my clear favorites.

RescueMom

RescueMom

Video Archivist

Posted Dec 30, 2012 @ 9:38 AM

She reminds me of Paget Brewster from Criminal Minds.

amberb01

amberb01

Just Tuned In

Posted Dec 31, 2012 @ 10:55 AM

I've had the same thought regarding her looking familiar. I was actually seeing Sara Bareilles but the other suggestions ring true as well.

I like her. She's a strong chef and seems to play well with others. Could certainly be a contender.

dsuggs

dsuggs

Fanatic

• Interests:Pop culture, TV, and Movies

Posted Jan 3, 2013 @ 1:31 PM

I was also thinking Brooke reminded me very much of someone - then it hit me: Teri Polo circa "Meet the Parents".

I am very much rooting for Brooke. I have since the first episode when she made the salad with the fried kale. She seems to be so professional and serious about what she does. I was happy to see her once again in the top.

Xazeal

Xazeal

Fanatic

Posted Jan 3, 2013 @ 4:04 PM

"Hi, intimidating group of people". That was so endearing.

We got some backstory on her, she's showing more personality, and her cooking was good as usual. Kristen is the obvious frontrunner, but Brooke's chances are still solid. They have to be the finalists.

TudorQueen

TudorQueen

Stalker

Posted Jan 4, 2013 @ 9:31 PM

I love her, on a par with my love for Kristen. Brooke is classy, funny, drama-free (in fact, she seems to defuse drama!) and cooks consistently well. She even got compliments from John, who was hating everyone at the time.

helenbaby

helenbaby

Couch Potato

Posted Jan 5, 2013 @ 4:59 PM

I'm really rooting for her as well. She and Kristen are so good and so even tempered.

lovinbob

lovinbob

Fanatic

Posted Jan 26, 2013 @ 2:41 PM

Heh, I came here to post that she reminds me of someone too, but I can't figure out who. It's definitely another reality show conestant, and it may not even be her looks, just her general vibe.

I'm sure this isn't what you're thinking, but here goes. I had the same thought, and finally realized that she reminds me of a woman I saw on "Property Ladder," where people try to flip houses. In the intro to each show, there's a woman who says to her husband, "Are you going to pull the money out of your ass?" (or something like that). I think that's who Brooke reminds me of. But it's been ages since I watched Property Ladder so I can't verify.

Metairie

Metairie

Couch Potato

Posted Jan 26, 2013 @ 4:01 PM

She reminds me a little of Natalie Portman.

AriAU

AriAU

Fanatic

Posted Feb 15, 2013 @ 9:27 AM

She reminds me a little of Natalie Portman.

A little

She reminds me of Paget Brewster from Criminal Minds.

Not much

Brooke reminds me of Emmy Rossum.

Not seeing it

then it hit me: Teri Polo circa "Meet the Parents".

And we have a winner, except I was going to say circa Sports Night. She looks a lot like her, especially with the ponytail look from the episode before the finale, and she even sounds like her. However, I am not liking the ink we saw on the front of her shoulders.
And yes, I too am rooting for her and I loved the insight from the judge that she had been a prodigy in LA. Certainly explains why the dudes/doofases in Seattle awkwardly mentioned her.

Edited by AriAU, Feb 15, 2013 @ 9:28 AM.

BobEPeru

BobEPeru

Channel Surfer

Posted Feb 16, 2013 @ 2:35 PM

Scared of boats, and helicopters, and she keeps winning trips.
I was waiting to hear that she was afraid of the dogsled.
That being said her dishes look fantastic, in general.

rawrali

rawrali

Channel Surfer

Posted Feb 20, 2013 @ 9:36 PM

I was watching part of Manhattan the other day and kept trying to figure out who Meryl Streep was reminding me of (other than Meryl Streep, of course). It finally hit me that Brooke looks a bit like young Meryl - I think it is in the eyes/eyebrows.

SilentMinority

SilentMinority

Couch Potato

Posted Feb 20, 2013 @ 11:19 PM

Kristen is the obvious frontrunner, but Brooke's chances are still solid. They have to be the finalists.

Well done, although it really wasn't a reach to predict this prior to RW.

If Brooke wins, she will be one of my favorite TC winners ever, along with Paul Qui (although the same could be said of Kristen). When the winners are both great chefs and good people, it makes the season seem better in hindsight.

AladdinSane

AladdinSane

Couch Potato

Posted Feb 23, 2013 @ 12:30 AM

Brooke is a doppleganger for a circa 1980 Jane Pauley

Edited by AladdinSane, Feb 23, 2013 @ 12:37 AM.

AriAU

AriAU

Fanatic

Posted Feb 28, 2013 @ 11:12 AM

Saw her for a second on WWHL. It is uncomfortable watching her being interviewed since she is so uncomfortable and self conscious herself. Still comes off as a very nice and kind person.
Also, HATE the shoulder tats. Really a bad look.

TudorQueen

TudorQueen

Stalker

Posted Feb 28, 2013 @ 2:56 PM

The only sad part for me about Kristen's victory was Brooke's disappointment. She was certainly a worthy contender and I liked her throughout. I hope she knows that she only did herself good on the show, with her interesting food, quirky humor and classy demeanor.

tip and fall

tip and fall

Stalker

Posted Feb 28, 2013 @ 8:43 PM

The only sad part for me about Kristen's victory was Brooke's disappointment.

Same. Almost made me wish that Top Chef had pulled an Oprah: "And you win Top Chef, and you win Top Chef! Everyone wins Top Chef!"

Almost.

But I think Brooke will be just fine without the win. She's already a great success.

Nell Huxleigh

Nell Huxleigh

Fanatic

Posted Mar 1, 2013 @ 12:29 AM

Both are some of my favorite of all time, but Brooke just seemed really genuine and mature. It seems like the LA scene is a bit cutthroat and petty. She did herself good and the Animals were just obnoxious. I wonder how she would have fared if she got to cook the meal of her life and not 3-5 plates knockout style. I think her style and inventiveness would have fared better in that format. I think I'm really interested in trying her food. I wonder where she actually cooks.

irishchik

irishchik

Couch Potato

Posted Mar 2, 2013 @ 8:04 AM

Watching the repeats with more time to pay attention; I think Hugh A. has a crush on Brooke. He pretty much gushed over everything she made.

Sincerity

Sincerity

Couch Potato

Posted Jun 29, 2013 @ 3:54 AM

SO late to the party here, but Brooke was a total inspiration for me. As someone with anxiety problems (which Brooke stated she had), and an aspiring chef who is nervous about the pressure of the job, she made me think i could do it! She and Kristen were my favorites from the start, and i was so stoked to see them both in the finale. Good things will come for both of them, I'm sure of it.