Ex-Wives of Rock

• Please log in to reply

66 replies to this topic

pasdetrois

pasdetrois

Fanatic

Posted Mar 6, 2013 @ 5:23 PM

I'm confused by Athena's rather vague references to the return of cancer. She says her cancer cells are "partying" but then says she's still waiting for the test results. Within this series, did she specifically clarify that her cancer returned, or was she being purposely vague in order to have camera time?

Britty

Britty

Couch Potato

Posted Mar 6, 2013 @ 7:27 PM

I love this show. Their relationships seem very real, but I wish they didn't repeat the same footage over and over. I swear this last episode was only about six minutes of new stuff.

Bobbi and her weave are killing me. I'm sorry to hear that she's had issues with her hair, but the current look is doing her no favors. I don't know how extensions work when your natural color is so far off from the color you want. She'd look better with short hair than what she has now.

I'm confused by Athena's rather vague references to the return of cancer. She says her cancer cells are "partying" but then says she's still waiting for the test results. Within this series, did she specifically clarify that her cancer returned, or was she being purposely vague in order to have camera time?

The cancer must have come back because there is a mention in previous episodes of her getting "treatments" which is then clarified to mean some type of chemo/radiation. Everyone was really vague about what the situation was.

tatum

tatum

Fanatic

Posted Mar 6, 2013 @ 8:56 PM

I thought possibly Athena had abnormal cell growth or something and they were testing to see if it was cancerous.

Is it just me, or does Athena sometimes look like Kate Hudson in older pics?

Does Shannon Tweed like any of these women? I do laugh when she burns Blue.

tatum

tatum

Fanatic

Posted Sep 8, 2013 @ 5:12 PM

Yay it's back! I find myself bizarrely enjoying this show. I wonder if Tommy Lee and Athena are close.

crankyone

crankyone

Video Archivist

Posted Sep 8, 2013 @ 5:16 PM

My DVR picked this up last night, so it's back for Season 2. Athena gets out of rehap and is at odds with Blue.

Lol--tatum, we must've both been searching for this dead topic at the same time!

Edited by crankyone, Sep 8, 2013 @ 5:17 PM.

Patsy Stoned

Patsy Stoned

Couch Potato

Posted Sep 8, 2013 @ 5:50 PM

ooohhh...I gotta see this!  what channel is it on?

crankyone

crankyone

Video Archivist

Posted Sep 8, 2013 @ 8:06 PM

Patsy Stoned,

It's on Fuse

tatum

tatum

Fanatic

Posted Sep 8, 2013 @ 8:55 PM

These women could stop about 99% of the drama before it starts by not 1. Bitching about each other to the other women, and 2. repeating what was said to the subject of said bitching every single time. These four women are worse than middle schoolers.

I can believe Blue expected a certain response from Athena, and perhaps Athena fell short, but Blue strikes me as the type who does nice things at least partly to receive accolades. That being said, Athena could have been a little more grateful and it sounds like Blue way overreacted with that text. I don't think I could be friends with Blue.

I googled James Kottack net worth just out of curiosity. He makes (well this is summer of 2012) $10K a month with the scorpions. Weird, I didnt think they were still doing anything? Anyways that's good money but not like, Hollywood celebrity money. According to article Athena is a licensed surgical nurse but didnt work in 2012. Can you imagine being prepped for surgery and Athena is on staff??

Toleda

Toleda

Video Archivist

Posted Sep 12, 2013 @ 12:14 AM

It's on Fuse

I wasn't aware that Fuse existed until I insomnia-read this a few minutes ago. And lo, a minute ago on Gawker, I discovered Fuse also broadcasts Insane Clown Posse Theater. Huh. I'm going to DVR everything it broadcasts!

Xerographic

Xerographic

Couch Potato

Posted Sep 15, 2013 @ 8:39 PM

I wish FUSE would air two episodes in one night like they do in Canada but I guess since it's a small network, they need spread it out to attract more viewers.

Anyways, onto my thoughts on last night's episode! I have this reply box open while I watch so I'll note my thoughts as I get further along. I thought Athena would actually stay mad at Blue for the whole season, I wasn't expecting a quick make-up session. I can't believe Bobbie actually admits that she uses a ghost writer, I thought announcing that was a bit taboo of celebrities to announce that but I guess she knows anyone would give her a side eye if she said that she wrote a book herself. Not feeling the manufactured drama between the ghost writer and Bobbie. Who gave Blue the idea of opening up the studio? I love how Athena drives a smart car! It's pretty shady of James to say Athena is an unfit mother but yet he doesn't show up to a court date that he initiated. After that meeting between Sharise and Bobbie, I have a feeling that Bobbie is going to end up including the "banging half of Hollywood and the valley" in her book then a huge feud will emerge.

tatum

tatum

Fanatic

Posted Sep 16, 2013 @ 9:58 AM

Is it really that offensive to be called a stripper? I don't really find former mud wrestler to be that different. I think the line about how she slept with half the valley is far more offensive.

I loved loved loved Athena's chuckling over it though. Especially when she was like, well maybe she won't care- then cut to interview Athena shaking her head saying, ooh she'll care.

paganalexandria

paganalexandria

Loyal Viewer

Posted Sep 23, 2013 @ 6:06 PM

Is it really that offensive to be called a stripper? I don't really find former mud wrestler to be that different. I think the line about how she slept with half the valley is far more offensive.

I loved loved loved Athena's chuckling over it though. Especially when she was like, well maybe she won't care- then cut to interview Athena shaking her head saying, ooh she'll care.        

Speaking as a former stripper, people that work in the adult industry seem to have various lines we won't cross, and hate to get looped into a subset we consider "trashier" than what we actually do.  I have heard during that time in L.A. strippers removed their clothing but observed a hands off policy, unlike that the mud wrestling who allowed the patrons to cop feels during "matches". While the mud wrestlers thought it was better than stripping because you were allowed to at least keep a bikini on. I think this is why Sherise was so upset with being labeled a stripper. Civilians think it's all trashy, but I totally get it as dumb as it sounds.

crankyone

crankyone

Video Archivist

Posted Sep 23, 2013 @ 6:14 PM

Athena cracked my up in this episdoe! I loved her doing the James Kotack hair thing and commenting that he thought he was French or something with the three cheek kisses. I really hope she doesn't get back with him.

tatum

tatum

Fanatic

Posted Sep 24, 2013 @ 12:50 PM

Speaking as a former stripper, people that work in the adult industry seem to have various lines we won't cross, and hate to get looped into a subset we consider "trashier" than what we actually do.  I have heard during that time in L.A. strippers removed their clothing but observed a hands off policy, unlike that the mud wrestling who allowed the patrons to cop feels during "matches". While the mud wrestlers thought it was better than stripping because you were allowed to at least keep a bikini on. I think this is why Sherise was so upset with being labeled a stripper. Civilians think it's all trashy, but I totally get it as dumb as it sounds.

That's really interesting. I think it's a weird thing for the ghost writers to insist on- who really cares either way? The average reader is probably looking for celebrity dirt and isn't really that interested in what exact line of work a non celebrity rocker wife was involved in.

PhPhan

PhPhan

Fanatic

Posted Sep 24, 2013 @ 2:49 PM

I am sure there is plenty of other trash to read about in the book.  It seems like stripper/not stripper wouldn't matter all that much if it was left out.  

SheliaShay

SheliaShay

Video Archivist

Posted Sep 24, 2013 @ 5:20 PM

I didn't realize Athena is trained as a surgical nurse.  If I were a nurse in LA, I'd want to work for one of the big cosmetic surgeons so I'd have the inside scoop on who was getting what done.  After Athena and her friends have spent so many episodes trashing her ex-husband, I was shocked that he appeared on the program.  How desperate for attention is he????  What a loser.

I enjoy this train wreck more with every episode.

jellywager

jellywager

Fanatic

Posted Oct 7, 2013 @ 8:41 PM

I think today is Bobbie's B-day. No wonder she never has money, as soon as she gets some she spends it on restaurants and taking her friends on vacation. I don't think there is going to be more where that came from. I don't believe Sharisse wasn't a stripper and I don't believe that a ghost writer would have more say so over the actual person whose life they are writing about. 

Yay for Althena kicking Jame Kotex out. What a douche bag.

crankyone

crankyone

Video Archivist

Posted Oct 8, 2013 @ 12:50 PM

They need to make this show an hour long because 20 minutes of it is rehashing stuff already aired. And ditch Shannon

Xerographic

Xerographic

Couch Potato

Posted Oct 20, 2013 @ 3:27 PM

Wow. I had no idea I would see Terry DuBrow from RHOC on this show. He just loves being on television, doesn't he? Seems like every show he can get a chance on, he's there. Interesting history regarding his brother, he's never mentioned his brother on Real Housewives.

Go Bobbie for getting in bed with Pickle, he's cute. She's such a nice friend for spending her money on Athena rather than herself, loved seeing that.

Sharise needs to stop trying to be barbie. Country barbie? No. Gangster barbie? No. Save yourself the embarrassment and just stop, omg. The dance moves she did in the nail salon......no words.

Kathleen8

Kathleen8

Channel Surfer

Posted Oct 21, 2013 @ 9:15 AM

Xerographic, it's actually Blue that wants to be any version of Barbie she can be, not Sharise.

tatum

tatum

Fanatic

Posted Oct 28, 2013 @ 2:59 PM

Sharise is really starting to piss me off. Yeah Athena and Bobbie may make poor romantic choices but she's not exactly dating Justin Timberlake herself- why is she in a position to be casting stones? Her boyfriends are marginally employed mooches who treat her disrespectfully on camera.

Also, while I understand being a landlord can be a nightmare, no Sharise, you *don't* get to show up on your tenant's doorstep with a baseball bat and eviction is a legal process that can be quite lengthy and complicated. Whining about how her current boyfriend needs to man up and confront her tenant just makes her look stupid and immature.

And also, I can point and laugh at Blue because I'm not her friend. Encouraging her to make an ass of herself so Sharise can laugh at her in interviews is just bitchy.

SheliaShay

SheliaShay

Video Archivist

Posted Nov 17, 2013 @ 8:17 PM

I must be losing it because I sincerely hope the current drama between the women is manufactured to make a good show.  The season finale is coming up soon, so i'm guessing they'll leave us hanging with two against two.  

jellywager

jellywager

Fanatic

Posted Nov 18, 2013 @ 9:44 PM

Brandon has some nerve stating Bobbie should loose 30 lbs. He needs to get a different mirror if he thinks he has any room to talk. Sharesse sure has become catty towards Bobbie, she should not have taken the free trip to Miami if she dislikes Bobbie. Also, Blue has some nerve starting trouble after she accepted the free trip as well. 

I think James is interested in reuniting for the camera time. 

Glubb

Glubb

Channel Surfer

Posted Nov 25, 2013 @ 2:32 AM

Was this past show (episode 10) the finale? If so, what an odd way to end it..waiting for the rest of the bowling team to show up??  Would love to have seen more of Cindy Brady and Tabitha!

Xerographic

Xerographic

Couch Potato

Posted Nov 25, 2013 @ 12:58 PM

Was this past show (episode 10) the finale?

Nope. There's 14 episodes this season with the finale airing December 7th.

Glubb

Glubb

Channel Surfer

Posted Nov 25, 2013 @ 10:25 PM

Thank you, Xerographic!  That said, I just watched all of the episodes on Fuse on Demand.  I thought it was only one season, so I took it off my DVR to record all new eps.  Glad I saw this thread and glad it was on demand.  

How wasted (drunk, high etc) is James Kottack?  That thing he does with pulling on and messing up his hair, is really disturbing.  I hope Athena was smart enough to stop 'entertaining' the idea.

Also, there was something kind of melancholy about Bobbie 'recreating' the cherry pie girl in the Cougar video, 20 years later.  I felt sad for her, but also felt sad for days gone by.  The 80's were a fun time to grow up.

alegtostandon

alegtostandon

Couch Potato

Posted Nov 26, 2013 @ 1:57 PM

I googled James Kottack net worth just out of curiosity. He makes (well this is summer of 2012) $10K a month with the scorpions. Weird, I didnt think they were still doing anything?

I am a big Scorpions fan; have been for years; actually, James Kottack did not even join the band til the late '90's; he was only a few years old when the Scorps were even formed, which was around 1968!   Scorpions did a 'retirement tour' in 2011-12 but changed their mind. They just did a big tour in Greece and are releasing an unplugged album in the states in Jan.  Can't wait!

Glubb

Glubb

Channel Surfer

Posted Nov 30, 2013 @ 12:27 AM

Hmmm...I don't see a new episode for this Saturday at 11pm..or even after via a search on Fuse, for the next two weeks.  It stops at the last episode (9).  Is anyone else getting episode 10 tomorrow night?

Xerographic

Xerographic

Couch Potato

Posted Nov 30, 2013 @ 12:44 AM

Lorraine Lewis (the show's creator) doesn't even know what's going on with the scheduling. I see that she's tweeted Fuse about it. The Facebook page for the series is still mentioning a new episode for tomorrow night. We shall see.

Glubb

Glubb

Channel Surfer

Posted Nov 30, 2013 @ 1:42 AM

I just saw that too, Xerographic.  The reply she got was 'I'll DM you', so I guess we won't know why or whether or not or WHEN it will be on the Fuse schedule.  Ugh.

I also noticed that they don't have episodes 10, 11 and 12 on Fuse on Demand.  I thought the next episode was 10!  I guess I'll have to go looking for those three eps and hope that they decide to show the last two episodes.

Edited by Glubb, Nov 30, 2013 @ 3:52 PM.