Ex-Wives of Rock

• Please log in to reply

66 replies to this topic

Kweed

Kweed

Loyal Viewer

Posted Dec 24, 2012 @ 9:54 AM

From www.slice.ca-

Imagine being young and beautiful, with VIP access to the best clubs, the best restaurants, and the best resorts. You’re the life of the wildest parties, pursued by famous rockstars who shower you with everything from diamonds to Ferraris. Your every material need is taken care of (and then some), and all you have to do for this is be young and impossibly beautiful. Now - imagine waking up one day to find you’re not so young, your rockstar husband is giving diamonds and Ferarris to some other girl, and you’re pretty much forced to join the same daily grind as everyone else. For most of us it might be a sad thought, but for Athena, Sharise, Bobbie, and Blue - it’s their reality. Say hello to the Ex-Wives of Rock, four lovely ladies with a slightly different idea of “regular life” than the rest of us.

I came across a 4 episode mini marathon of this on Fuse. Apparently it was filmed a few years ago (Way back when people used MySpace) but is finally airing in the states. I find it fascinating. 20 years ago, these women were hot young party girls, and although they managed to remain friends, their lives are going in very different directions. Also, their lips are huge.

Palomar

Palomar

Fanatic

Posted Dec 26, 2012 @ 12:23 AM

I saw a one hour episode and it really IS hard to get past the lips that distort their once-beautiful faces. Why do women do this? It does not make them look sexier or younger, just strange. Are they seriously not aware the way it distorts their face?

ShaNaeNae

ShaNaeNae

Fanatic

Posted Dec 26, 2012 @ 4:52 AM

I don't even know what channel that is. Sounds kind of like a VH-1 special they had a few years ago called "Do It For the Band: Women of the Sunset Strip".

Sounds like they feature Bobbie Brown, who is Janie Lane's ex, who died a year or so ago. I recognize the name Blue. Was that a Steven Tyler ex?

And, yeah, I know which look your referencing without even looking at them. See also Real Housewives of Beverly Hills. So, so ugly. Back off from the plastic surgery!

QueenBee59

QueenBee59

Video Archivist

Posted Dec 26, 2012 @ 5:58 AM

Tommy Lee's sister looks like she just stepped out of a trailer park, crack pipe in skinny, claw-like hand. Also, does Shannon Tweed have to narrate every frigging episode, ALL the way through!?

crankyone

crankyone

Video Archivist

Posted Dec 26, 2012 @ 9:56 AM

I thought I remembered VH-1 having a special on this one time, but then came across the series on FUSE while channel surfing. I thought it was also repeats, but then realized they are showing this as a first run series. However, I think the talking heads may have been added in later because I'm pretty sure Bobbie Brown talked about Janie Lane's death in one of them.

I keep getting Sharise and Blue mixed up. I never thought Bobbie Brown was that great back in her hey day, but now she has morphed into Kirstie Alley facially. She could be her daughter.

Athena cracks me up just watching her walk. She walks just like a guy as well as sits like one. I can't get over how skinny she is. She is Tommy in drag.

Here's their Facebook page. I've seen Bobbie and Athena posting there.

Edited by crankyone, Dec 26, 2012 @ 9:58 AM.

Kweed

Kweed

Loyal Viewer

Posted Dec 27, 2012 @ 9:47 PM

Tommy Lee's sister looks like she just stepped out of a trailer park, crack pipe in skinny, claw-like hand.

Seriously, what is that? All the other gals are botoxed and manicured, and Athena clearly colors her own hair- and hasn't done it in a while.

I guess I just love this show because I too was the big haired party girl in the 80's, and I think it is crazy how they all ended up and managed to stay together. Video Vixen Bobbie Brown is living in her boyfriend's shitty apartment while he is in rehab, another one teaches a pole dancing class. I kind of need to draw a chart but IIRC this is the connection: Sharice was with Vince Neil of Motley Crue, the band that Tommy Lee was the drummer for, Athena is Tommy's sister and was married to some douche from The Scorpions, and Bobbie and Blue were married to members of Warrant but Bobbie was once engaged to Tommy Lee, until she introduced him to Pam Anderson, whom he married 4 days later. Is that right?

Crankyone thanks for the FB link!

Edited by Kweed, Dec 28, 2012 @ 4:23 PM.

dimples1

dimples1

Fanatic

Posted Jan 8, 2013 @ 12:17 AM

Tonight, seemed to be the PERFECT time to discover this show.

OMG - These sad women. The overuse of botox, bleach, botched extensions AND bad choices in men.

I don't mind Shannon Tweed narrating the show. At least she's STILL with her douchebag rocker and that's not saying a lot, but wow.

PhPhan

PhPhan

Fanatic

Posted Jan 12, 2013 @ 11:31 PM

I caught some of this show tonight. I was flipping back and forth between this show and another show during the commercials.

They were planning some sort of divorced party for one of the woman. I didn't see the beginning, but it looked like she was getting her wedding dress altered so she could go to Vegas and have sex in it. Someone named Heidi crashed their very important "business" meeting of planning a party in Vegas. Mostly I wasn't paying a lot of attention to what was going on because I couldn't get past all the terrible plastic surgery. It was very distracting. Some of these women are so botoxed, they can barely get the words out.

If this show was made several years ago, I shudder to think of what they might look like now.

crankyone

crankyone

Video Archivist

Posted Jan 13, 2013 @ 10:12 AM

The divorce party was for Athena. Heidi was married to Vince Neal after Sharice. Sharice likes her because Heidi treated her daughter like she was her own.

I'm not sure, but I think the talking heads are the more current version of themselves and I *think* I read on the FB page that they got picked up for another season.

Athena is a trainwreck. I feel bad for her daughter, Toby. Especially, when she said that she was more of the mom than Athena was. Says a lot...

SheliaShay

SheliaShay

Video Archivist

Posted Jan 15, 2013 @ 9:59 PM

These are some of the phoniest, most plastic women I've ever seen. I absolutely can't stand Athena and I feel sorry for her daughter. Actually I feel sorry for all of the kids, but Toby seems to be getting the worst of it. I was raised by a narcissistic, self-centered mother, but she couldn't hold a candle to these gals.

However, as long as I don't think about the children, I admit I enjoy watching this train wreck.

LemonSoda

LemonSoda

Video Archivist

Posted Jan 16, 2013 @ 1:03 PM

I really enjoy this show. The episodes seem too short but at the same time I don't know if I could handle an hour. Such a fun train wreck.

tatum

tatum

Fanatic

Posted Jan 23, 2013 @ 8:15 PM

I'm actually loving this show, to my surprise. Sharice is my favorite but sometimes Athena can be pretty funny. Blue is completely obnoxious. Who is she married to?

Sharice still appears to live in a pretty nice house. And if Athena is just now getting divorced she must be pretty well off as well.

I wish I could find some older pics of these women. The only one I can find any decent 80s pics of is Bobbie.

nique

nique

Fanatic

Posted Jan 28, 2013 @ 11:50 AM

I like this show.

I do not know how Athena could be well off. Whatever she had probably went to drugs and alcohol. She can barely walk straight.

I like Bobbie. She was so pretty back in the day. I know her ex-husband has since died. I wonder how that plays out on the show.

Kweed

Kweed

Loyal Viewer

Posted Jan 28, 2013 @ 9:23 PM

I LURVE this show!
It looked to my like Athena lived in a pretty modest apartment. The shots of her at home showed a tiny kitchen and what looked like a drum kit set up in the living room.
I love to hate Blue, and her obnoxious party planning and the way she treats "the Help", all the while her friends are talking smack about her in the corner.
niqueI heard that he died during filming and we'll be seeing it this season. Also I guess this Friday we'll finally get to hear what's going on with Athena.

jellywager

jellywager

Fanatic

Posted Jan 28, 2013 @ 9:56 PM

Nothing ever happens on this show, and if we think something is about to happen they "save" it for next week. What is the world is Althea going to tell Bobbie?

1urusai

1urusai

Couch Potato

Posted Feb 2, 2013 @ 4:46 AM

I love Athena and Bobbi! I feel for Sharise because she lost her daughter at such a young age.

Kweed

Kweed

Loyal Viewer

Posted Feb 2, 2013 @ 12:12 PM

Well I wasn't expecting THAT. I thought Athena would tell Bobbie she'd fallen off the wagon or something.
I love the dynamic with these ladies. How Sharice and Blue are still living lavish lifestyles while Athena and Bobbie stand in an inflatable pool.

SheliaShay

SheliaShay

Video Archivist

Posted Feb 2, 2013 @ 12:43 PM

Sharice and Blue appear to be successful business women. I'm not sure how Athena and Bobbie bring in income. That would account for the differences in lifestyles.

Although they all look plastic, Athena still drives me up a wall with her behavior and appearance. She dresses and acts like a teenager. GROW UP!!

1urusai

1urusai

Couch Potato

Posted Feb 23, 2013 @ 12:27 AM

Just saw Steven Adler on the show. He looks alot better than when he was on Celebrity Rehab.

Glubb

Glubb

Channel Surfer

Posted Feb 23, 2013 @ 3:45 AM

I'm still shocked (from last weeks episode) that Vince Neil left Sharise out of the foundation he set up for Skylar. She is her mother for chrissake!

I have to admit, Athena has really grown on me. She's very chatty and friendly and seems like a true and loyal friend. There's a huge, soft heart underneath all that rocker chick shtick.

tatum

tatum

Fanatic

Posted Feb 23, 2013 @ 8:30 PM

I hated Athena at first, but now she's my favorite. I like Sharise and Bobbie. Still hate Blue.

I agree about Vince Neil. I always heard stories about his douchebaggary but barring your ex from events regarding your shared deceased daughter is just awful.

So from the first episode- is Skylar the one Sharise was referring to when she said Heidi Mark always treated her daughter well? If so I have to give Sharise a ton of credit- sounds like she was quite mature about her ex's new squeeze when the split must have still been pretty raw.

Glubb

Glubb

Channel Surfer

Posted Feb 26, 2013 @ 6:00 AM

So from the first episode- is Skylar the one Sharise was referring to when she said Heidi Mark always treated her daughter well?

Yes, she was referring to Skylar. I LOL'ed in the latest ep when Sharise imitated Vince whining 'I don't waaaanna go home', when they were out at clubs partying and she wanted to leave. She sounded just like him!

Edited by Glubb, Feb 26, 2013 @ 6:41 AM.

tatum

tatum

Fanatic

Posted Mar 4, 2013 @ 12:06 PM

Am I the only one that watches this show? I have to say it again- Blue is SUCH a bitch. I take comfort in knowing nobody outside of the 10 viewers of this show knows who she is. You google her and come up with next to nothing.

LemonSoda

LemonSoda

Video Archivist

Posted Mar 4, 2013 @ 3:13 PM

I watch it too! I wish the episodes were longer.

charming

charming

Video Archivist

Posted Mar 4, 2013 @ 7:56 PM

I've been watching it. I remember Bobbi Brown from back in the day. She used to be sooo beautiful. What happened to her? Why doesn't she have any money? What has been her career the past few years? I assume she had drug problems? I am just fascinated by what she's become with her weave tracks visible.

LemonSoda

LemonSoda

Video Archivist

Posted Mar 4, 2013 @ 8:09 PM

Charming, I wish I could find the link but Bobbi gave an interview last year stating that she basically had no work ethic back then. She said the jobs she did get all fell in to her lap. Her agents would get angry that she would flake on castings and go sees. She admits with regret that she could've been more famous than she was, probably had a big career if she had actually put any effort in to it.
She had a lupus like illness caused by her implants and has had hair issues since then.
I'm guessing what little money she got from Jani was all blown on her meth problem and partying in the 90's (Dave Navarro mentions it in his book)

SheliaShay

SheliaShay

Video Archivist

Posted Mar 6, 2013 @ 11:23 AM

Bobbi worries me. The other three, for all of their faults, seem like survivors who will thrive and survive no matter what comes their way. Bobbi, on the other hand, appears to be the lost child who has no idea how to handle life. She has terrible taste in men, no job skills, and while she still looks good, she's hardly the gorgeous babe who enchanted the rock world so many years ago. I hope something good happens with her.

tatum

tatum

Fanatic

Posted Mar 6, 2013 @ 11:59 AM

Bobbi worries me. The other three, for all of their faults, seem like survivors who will thrive and survive no matter what comes their way. Bobbi, on the other hand, appears to be the lost child who has no idea how to handle life. She has terrible taste in men, no job skills, and while she still looks good, she's hardly the gorgeous babe who enchanted the rock world so many years ago. I hope something good happens with her.

Yeah Sharise and Blue (ugh) both strike me as the type to think, okay marrying a rock star didnt work out for me, how can I spin this to my advantage? And both probably used divorce settlements and whatever notoriety they had to set themselves up with their businesses. Also it appears that Blue married someone gainfully employed which always helps. Athena has some kind music career and some sort of tattoo endorsement deal?? None of these chicks are rich, per se, but they can probably all pay their bills. Bobbie on the other hand, her back up plan after marriage to rock star failed was, find a new rock star. Obviously didnt work out, and she's been downgrading since the early 90s without changing her game plan.

Of the four, I think Bobbie was the prettiest conventionally (back in their heydays); Sharise and Athena were both kind of striking, but I wouldn't say either was pretty, even 20 years ago. I can't find a picture of Blue from that time. I think Sharise looks the best now but none of them are really "pretty" to me anymore.

Edited by tatum, Mar 6, 2013 @ 12:01 PM.

Debbiedokken

Debbiedokken

Channel Surfer

Posted Mar 6, 2013 @ 12:11 PM

I love this show. I like that these gals really do appear to have known each other for years, and do seem to really care about each other. They aren't vicious like the Housewives of blah blah blah.
I'm surprised no one is chatting about Athena and her cancer. That scene where she just let it all out to her tattoo artist just killed me. She's just going through too much. It was a great, sincere scene.

LemonSoda

LemonSoda

Video Archivist

Posted Mar 6, 2013 @ 2:58 PM

Wasn't Athena a surgical nurse or something like that?
Minus Bobbie, they all seem to have a good work ethic, skills to fall back on.
Bobbie has had jobs over the years (pet grooming, skin care training) but nothing really to the level the other women have. I know I shouldn't because it's self induced - but I feel bad for her. I can't wait to read her book for her version of things. I felt bad that she was bashed in so many other people's books.
Athena breaking down to her tattoo artist was heartbreaking, and hard for me to watch. My Mom fought cancer for a decade and lost so I'm sensitive to things like that.
I hate that the episodes are so short. I'd take an hour of this over any other reality show.