Deception

This topic has been archived. This means that you cannot reply to this topic.

1065 replies to this topic

Hughes

Hughes

Fanatic

Posted May 9, 2013 @ 9:37 AM

It would be prime if there was a creator out there right now working like mad to figure out a way to keep Wes Brown and Meagan Good on our screens as a couple in some capacity. And the wonderful Lady Lanasa as the corrupting, yet delicious queen B influence in the show...Hee!

bluvelvet

bluvelvet

Fanatic

Posted May 9, 2013 @ 6:55 PM

That's a pity, I enjoyed the show. Not surprised at the cancellation though.

fractal

fractal

Couch Potato

Posted May 10, 2013 @ 8:05 PM

https://www.facebook...&type=1

Shut Up.

I Don't Like You.

From their FB page.

Looks like Tate Donovan's pilot was picked up by CBS. I am hearing things are looking good for Ella Rae Peck's NBC comedy pilot.. Meagan Good is currently filming Anchorman 2. Looking forward to that one.

Hers was picked up as well

memememe76

memememe76

Stalker

Posted May 10, 2013 @ 11:54 PM

Deception was one of the only shows I watched where it was getting better as the season progressed. It seems all my other shows are just limping along to the end.

Oh well, Deception will be one of those short-lived guilty pleasures that never made me feel guilty for loving it.

yarnover

yarnover

Fanatic

Posted May 12, 2013 @ 10:24 AM

Sad to hear about the cancellation. Thank you Liz Heldens for creating a fun, interesting show.

I fell for Tate Donovan in this show, so maybe I will try to catch his pilot on CBS.

MzTeaze

MzTeaze

Couch Potato

Posted May 16, 2013 @ 3:28 AM

I was really bummed about the cancellation.  Sorry to see it go.

fractal

fractal

Couch Potato

Posted May 16, 2013 @ 3:06 PM

Having trouble letting this one go. I have been looking to see if someone else like maybe USA or something is in consideration to pick it up but nothing, Plus, I have a strong feeling it won't be long before these fine actors move on.

Tate Donovan is in the drama Hostages to air on CBS this fall. I saw a smidge of the trailer. He's not Eddie Spaghetti but it was good to see him again. He will be one I watch for from now on. This will be a shortened fall series, maybe 10 episodes or so. It did not grab me but it looks good. Just not my type of show. Sadly when I realized it was only going to air this fall I was like but, but, but he can do Deception in the spring, even if he is not in a few episodes.

Likewise Mia is in a new NBC comedy. Ella Rae Peck will star in Welcome to the Family. Trailer looked good but again not my kind of show.

Outside of Meagan Good in the sequel to Anchorman, which I definitely plan to see,  I don't know what everyone else it up to.

In those short 11 weeks I grew attached to these guys so it will be fun to see where they pop up.

NBC was ruthless this year with their cancellations. They cancelled a lot of shows, a lot. No under-performing show had a shot.

yarnover

yarnover

Fanatic

Posted May 16, 2013 @ 3:59 PM

Fractal, I'm right there with you. This show grew on me, and I absolutely fell for the cast. Will be keeping an eye out for all of them (didn't Ella Rae Peck have a role in a sitcom picked up for fall?)

Anyway, I think I'll re-watch "Good Luck With Your Death" one last time to say goodbye.

Edited by yarnover, May 18, 2013 @ 1:02 PM.

ribboninthesky1

ribboninthesky1

Fanatic

Posted May 16, 2013 @ 6:00 PM

I'm not surprised by the cancellation.  My initial interest was because of Meagan, but I always wondered how the show's premise would be (plausibly) maintained over multiple seasons.  In addition, the more episodes I watched, the more Joanna became a supporting character rather than the lead.  And since I had no interest in either Julian or Will as her love interest, nor did I give a damn about Mia's arc, there wasn't much else to compel me to watch. I liked Edward and Sophia right away, but even their arcs kind of went off the rails to me.

I remember when the rumor of Tate shooting another pilot came up, it was quickly dismissed.  But I took it as an omen for the show - no way could Edward be recast and have it work.  I know this show was basically a soap, but still. 

Ultimately, I hope for better projects for the cast, especially Meagan.  Joanna, as written, never seemed like the right fit for her.    

kia112

kia112

Fanatic

Posted May 18, 2013 @ 8:43 AM

Sad face.  This show just got so much better as it went along and I was hoping that since it was NBC, and they had nothing better to put on, that it would last.

yarnover

yarnover

Fanatic

Posted May 18, 2013 @ 1:08 PM

kia112, I agree - the show got better as it went on. And I sort of liked that it became more of an ensemble as the series unfolded. I'll miss it.

Edited by yarnover, May 18, 2013 @ 1:09 PM.

fractal

fractal

Couch Potato

Posted May 18, 2013 @ 11:58 PM

There was a brief scene where Julian and Joanna were driving out somewhere, to get Mia?? They played this song. It was a task to find it but somehow I remembered it today. It's a summer song and I remembered hearing in the winter. This should be a summer show

The song is called Wasting Light, Wasting Time by The Lazy Waves.

The scene was so brief, seconds, but I remember thinking just how pretty Joanna and Julian were. It was like they knew it and were acknowledging it to each other. I know this is random but that scene and that song stayed with me for a while.

This crazy show with their crazy scenes that stick with you. Frog.

yarnover

yarnover

Fanatic

Posted May 19, 2013 @ 8:20 AM

fractal, it's so true that the most seemingly throwaway scenes on this show are the ones that stuck with me. For instance

Mia: Why is your default position always fascism.

Robert: I guess it comes naturally to me.

I loved that exchange.

And, of course, everyone remembers that nice scene between Edward and his wife Samantha when they were searching for his car keys. It was a short scene, but it did a terrific job establishing the intimacy between the two characters. I know that's one of the reasons I was so sad for Edward when Samantha was killed.

Oh, and "Shut up; I don't like you" will always be a winning line.

fractal

fractal

Couch Potato

Posted May 19, 2013 @ 12:33 PM

I know yarnover. That key scene was such a nice surprise and a huge turning point in their relationship. One of my favorites. If (longshot) show returns somewhere and is retooled I hope they undead her. Although the scenes around her death were done so well. I can remember that flashback scene of Eddie Spaghetti as a new dad. That was the first time a flashback was light and bright. They were usually dark.

The audience for this show is probably largely in the audience for ABC night time soaps. Not on NBC. It might have taken a while for word to get around. NBC had a rough rough spring season. I think that is what made them so tough with their cuts. I can't fault them but I want my show back and I want someone somewhere to do something about it. A lot of name actors do these shortened season shows. It gives them time to pursue other projects.

LOL! Other random memory. Julian and that lady tossing around in the pantry with a screwdriver in his back. Oh Show, why did you draw me in. Shakespeare. Who does that?

Hughes

Hughes

Fanatic

Posted May 20, 2013 @ 9:46 AM

Ah, the sonnet...what a beautiful writing choice, delivered by such an accomplished actor in Victor Garber. What Shakespeares words led to in that episode blew this show wide open. Too bad NBC didn't capialize on that momentum so this show could have seen a second, and I believe deserved season.

TNT, USA, TBS,Bravo, Sundance...somebody want to take a chance on this show?

kia112

kia112

Fanatic

Posted Jun 1, 2013 @ 9:44 AM

Just found out that Meagan Good has an Instagram account, so I went looking through the pictures.  Not missing much (or...anything) by not following her, but she did have this picture with a lot of the cast.

Edited by kia112, Jun 4, 2013 @ 10:56 AM.