AS2-7: "An Unconventional Nightmare before Christmas" 2012.12.13

This topic has been archived. This means that you cannot reply to this topic.

57 replies to this topic

TWoP Nikita

TWoP Nikita

Fanatic

Posted Dec 9, 2012 @ 5:31 PM

From Zap2it:

The designers must use materials from a Christmas decor emporium in an unconventional challenge.

This thread will open at 10:00pm EST on December 13th.

bluegirl547

bluegirl547

Couch Potato

Posted Dec 13, 2012 @ 10:02 PM

In the unconventional materials challenge, Carolyn Murphy wears her most conventional dress yet. Who knew?

SassySenior

SassySenior

Fanatic

Posted Dec 13, 2012 @ 10:16 PM

I wish Cassanove stayed, and Ivy was sent home. Wow, loved that watch! Congrats to Ulie.

beaker73

beaker73

Video Archivist

Posted Dec 13, 2012 @ 10:16 PM

Laura criticizes Uli and AR's use of sparkle and silver and then we cut to...Laura's silver sparkly dress. God, she sucks.

Camo

Camo

Couch Potato

Posted Dec 13, 2012 @ 10:24 PM

Laura Kathleen has a terrible eye for proportions (just as Ivy has an awful eye for fabric, color and style). I think some part of Laura Kathleen tries to stumpify her models/clients so that she's the prettiest princess of all -- she has some design skill but her clothes always fatten the torso and don't lengthen the legs, so I think it's a choice (as opposed to someone who is overall wholly incompetent in terms of design and construction.)

I find the judges' endless love for Anthony Ryan so frigging tiresome. I'm so glad Uli won -- the dress moved, flattered and somehow gave her very thin model a more pleasing figure...and that watch was bad-ass and suited her perfectly. I also hope she vins this season!

carsonb

carsonb

Couch Potato

Posted Dec 13, 2012 @ 10:27 PM

I'm going to miss Cassanova, wish he would have stayed and Ivy gone home. I don't mind Ivy but all of her outfits are boring.

I guess this wasn't my challenge because nothing seemed all that great to me.

caci66

caci66

Couch Potato

Posted Dec 13, 2012 @ 10:32 PM

I don't understand the Uli love from the judges. This dress, like all her others, just looked random and messy. She just seems to have leftover fabric and glues it where ever on the dress. I really don't get fashion.

Anthony Ryan's dress was ok but very heavy looking. Plus, the flat section at the bottom of his outfit made my eyes go to her crotch - not very flattering.

I actually liked Laura Kathleen's dress and don't see how it made her look fat.

Emilio's dress came out much better than expected.

Too bad about Cassanova. Josh should have gone home for that horrid monstrousity.

lovesduncan

lovesduncan

Couch Potato

Posted Dec 13, 2012 @ 10:39 PM

Laura criticizes Uli and AR's use of sparkle and silver and then we cut to...Laura's silver sparkly dress. God, she sucks.

Yes, she certainly does. Her whining is tiresome. And her personal style is so dated: the over-processed blonde hair, the dark eyebrows, the heavy makeup. Ugh!

I am sad to see Casanova leave and that surprises me. He is pleasantly entertaining. Ivy's outfits are boring - she needs to step away from yellow and gold. Hasn't that been her color choice for the last few challenges?

My choice to head home would have been Orange Josh. I wasn't as enamored of the top as the judges were...little trains on the shoulders...really? And those shorts or whatever they were. Just no!

CrumbyButtons

CrumbyButtons

Stalker

• Interests:Gardening

Posted Dec 13, 2012 @ 10:54 PM

I find the judges' endless love for Anthony Ryan so frigging tiresome

Wasn't he the one that Carolyn told "you seem to have created this length! I applaud you for it!" He "created" a length?

I was liking that Isaac just went with "privates" when he was critiquing Josh's horrible outfit. Kors would have had to find a cutesy word.

Too bad about Cassanova. Josh should have gone home for that horrid monstrousity.

Totally agree.

Ketzel

Ketzel

Fanatic

Posted Dec 13, 2012 @ 11:12 PM

I didn't get this challenge. Doesn't the typical unconventional challenge involve taking materials that are not traditional fabric and making them look like/work like something that would be traditionally used to make a garment? Here it seemed they mostly used fabric, ribbon, and pre-made trims and decorations, some deconstructed, and the challenge was to make the outfit not scream "Christmas!" That's not the same thing at all, to me. And none of the outfits were particularly interesting to me, as a result. Actually, Orange Josh came closest to doing what I think the unconventional challenge typically calls for, but I found his bra top and diaper bottom to be really ugly.

nicenessness

nicenessness

Stalker

Posted Dec 14, 2012 @ 12:00 AM

It seemed like the producers just really wanted a Cassie/Ivy bottom 2. Sending home Cassi might bring out the bitch in Ivy from here on out. We'll see...

Bebecat

Bebecat

Fanatic

Posted Dec 14, 2012 @ 12:14 AM

I hate these challenges; make a dress for a celebrity out of this pile of dog poop.
And judges got it wrong; Ivy should be auf.

Laura Kathleen's dress made her model look wide. And it was not pretty.

Glad Emilio was safe; his dress looked good on the runway even if it may have fallen apart later.

40-death? I officially hate Anthony Ryan now.
And I don't get the love. But glad someone brought up Christmas. So glad he did not win.

Ivy's dress was fugly, though. How on earth did she stay in over Cassanova?

Did not like Uli's this time. Can't believe she won.

Poor Casanova; he tried his best.
I did like him more each week.

So Joshua was safe with his crazy bra and granny pants.

Ugh, just a weird challenge to me and I did not care for it.
(Also, Ivy' was orange on my TV. Everything yellow from this show is orange to me.)

Also, can "outside the box" go away forever as an expression...

Edited by Bebecat, Dec 14, 2012 @ 12:11 AM.

iguessnot

iguessnot

Couch Potato

Posted Dec 14, 2012 @ 1:10 AM

(Also, Ivy' was orange on my TV. Everything yellow from this show is orange to me.)

Since you know the dress should be yellow, use this episode to fix your color settings.

What did Anthony say about 40 being death?

whee whee piggy

whee whee piggy

Couch Potato

Posted Dec 14, 2012 @ 1:26 AM

What did Anthony say about 40 being death?

Forty to death = Old Lady Dresses, which is pretty much Ivy's style.

*clunk* on the head with the foreshadowing. "What will Ivy or Casanova do if one goes home??"

How, in all that is holy, did Josh survive. That was...Awful.

Where this that elaborate working of the neckline of Emilio's dress go?

Mrs Joe

Mrs Joe

Video Archivist

Posted Dec 14, 2012 @ 1:37 AM

ITA on Anthony Ryan. Don't know if I'm just extra crabby tonight and it could just have been editing, but when they were about to announce the winner, he got this cocky look on his face like he was sure he won. It made me want to smack it off. And then Josh goes and does the same thing with his "I know you're not cutting me" smirk.

Once again the highest scores for the unconventional challenge were people who just glued crap to a solid fabric base. Ivy and Casanova should have known better than to try to actually sew something out of the material. I do have to say that I got why Josh didn't leave. When they showed the bra, I was picturing how much nicer it would have looked as the top of a dress rather than a bra and you could see for this challenge it could have been something good with a different bottom.

Ginandtonic

Ginandtonic

Fanatic

Posted Dec 14, 2012 @ 2:07 AM

Hey, Carolynís dresses were nice! And normal! Of course, her bizarre speaking faces & the wacked pose she was standing in at the pier kind of ruined the look. How can this woman be a top model? On the other hand, I LOVED Joanna Coles sweater.

When Josh pulled the Hanukah hanging out, I almost died I was laughing so hard. I hope somebody finally told Ivy that she had a gold glitter moustache, & Anthony Ryan talking about what a wreck Ivyís dress is while wearing a red ribbon around his head like a headband was also highly amusing.

As for the dresses:
EmilioĖIt was ok, didnít love it.

Kylie Minogue wears hoochie clothes, when Joshís model came out, I thought that was exactly what she would wear & she seemed to like a lot of it. I hated it & I donít understand why the judges like any of it.

Anthony Ryan, Uli, & Laura Kathleen all had similar dresses & they all looked like the model fell into a vat of glitter. They were all overdone & looked like Christmas ornaments to me. Canít believe Uli won it.

Ivy-It was my favorite, I thought it looked the most wearable, & I canít believe she was in the bottom 2. I know it was the unconventional challenge, but I thought you had to make a dress out of unconventional materials, not make an unconventional dress.

CasanovaĖtoo much going on, too many textures & patterns, but Iím sorry heís gone.

Bebecat

Bebecat

Fanatic

Posted Dec 14, 2012 @ 2:14 AM

For some reason it is only one this show that yellow=orange on my TV. The color is fine on other shows, where I can tell, like sports uniforms, etc. Hmmm.

I must be a hum bug as I don't care much about the scenes back at the hotel or watching them get ready for the day. But not really sure what I would prefer to see more of instead. Maybe it is because I don't really like too many of this group, just Emilio and Uli really, now that Casanova is gone.

austentatious

austentatious

Video Archivist

Posted Dec 14, 2012 @ 3:15 AM

I think LK thought she was consoling the loser-Ivy, but then Casanova said it was himself. The look on LK's face was priceless. "Whaa...".
She thought she was rid of one of the thorns in her side.

kelslamu

kelslamu

Couch Potato

Posted Dec 14, 2012 @ 3:33 AM

I wish Ivy had gone and Casanova stayed. ;Ivy is beyond boring. I do think Ivy was kind of on the mark when she said AR gets his inspiration from other designers. I did think LK's dress made her model look big. Wish Josh had chosen just one color for the shorts and had a lot more time for them. Emilio's wasn't that bad. I liked Uli's better simply because it's her usual asthetic. I'll admit I just don't care for AR.I don't like LK for that matter either. YMMV

Edited by kelslamu, Dec 14, 2012 @ 7:58 AM.

azzurro

azzurro

Couch Potato

Posted Dec 14, 2012 @ 3:51 AM

I find the judges' endless love for Anthony Ryan so frigging tiresome.

Me too. Contrary to the judges, I thought his dress looked like it weighed a ton. Uli's looked much lighter. I didn't really like any of the looks tonight, but I did think Uli's was the best of the bunch.

IMO either LK or Josh should have gone home. Sad to see Casanova go - I thought his taste level improved from his original season, and I liked a lot of his stuff this time around. Nice that he and Emilio seem to have become very good friends.

I think LK thought she was consoling the loser-Ivy, but then Casanova said it was himself. The look on LK's face was priceless. "Whaa...".

I got that impression too - lol.

Edited by azzurro, Dec 14, 2012 @ 3:53 AM.

bilgistic

bilgistic

Fanatic

Posted Dec 14, 2012 @ 4:07 AM

Yes, she certainly does. Her whining is tiresome. And her personal style is so dated: the over-processed blonde hair, the dark eyebrows, the heavy makeup. Ugh!

LK's "look" and everything else about her drives me bananas. When they all were at the pier standing easily 10 feet away from Carolyn, LK was gushing over the jewelry designer's ring that Carolyn was wearing. ("Beautiful! Gorgeous!!") I wanted to leap through my TV screen and slap LK. First, how could she even see it? Second, stop being such a fake-ass. All. The. Time.

Pj3422

Pj3422

Video Archivist

Posted Dec 14, 2012 @ 6:47 AM

When Josh pulled the Hanukah hanging out, I almost died I was laughing so hard.

Best moment of the season! Josh was actually likeable there. His model's outfit however... well, the bra was interesting, but overall, she looked like the North Pole's cigarette girl.

Ivy should have gone home. That was a 1960's skater costume. She needs to back away from the yellow and the sheer.

Judges, please stop the Anthony Ryan tongue bath. He's talented, but he's not the savior of modern fashion.

avecsans

avecsans

Couch Potato

Posted Dec 14, 2012 @ 7:02 AM

I really don't like Isaac Mizrahi. Was it really necessary for him to tell LK's model that she looked fat? The dress was boxy and unflattering, undoubtedly. Say that. Don't tell someone she looks fat. Jerk.

I agreed that LK's dress didn't fit well, but if it had been tailored better it would have been my favorite. Uli and AR's were just too much. And Ivy with the shiny gold fabric again? I was really hoping she would be the one to go.

Was it just me, or did most of La La Anthony's comments make absolutely no sense?

molshoop

molshoop

Video Archivist

Posted Dec 14, 2012 @ 7:52 AM

I missed part of the show. Is Kylie going to wear Uli's dress on stage?

Most of those looks were for a one time only, stand up occasion. I can't imagine trying to sit down in them or cleaning them.

marnyh

marnyh

Couch Potato

Posted Dec 14, 2012 @ 7:54 AM

I was shocked that Emilio's dress was safe. It was ugly, unimaginative, and uncreative. I pegged Ivy for the safe one-- hers was boring, but at least it looked like something a person might wear.

The moment where Josh pulled out the Happy Hannukah cloth was the funniest moment in PR history. I wish he'd made that into shorts.

calliek

calliek

Couch Potato

Posted Dec 14, 2012 @ 8:15 AM

There were a lot of Lulz in this episode!

Hannukah hanging= hilarious

"You'll never know it was a train"

"If an old fat white guy comes down the chimney in my neighborhood, he's getting shot."

I don't get Anthony Ryan's clothes. I dont like anything he does.

Gibasi

Gibasi

Fanatic

Posted Dec 14, 2012 @ 8:36 AM

When Josh pulled the Hanukah hanging out, I almost died I was laughing so hard

That was great! And Josh was the most natural in that segment.

I also wish Ivy had gone home instead of Casanova. I like him this season even though I hated him during his other appearance. And I liked that he and Emilio were friends and spoke Spanish to each other.

I might like Anthony Ryan more if the judges weren't always singing his praises. And tiresome is the right word for all of the accolades. Not to mention unearned for the most part.

The top of Carolyn Murphy's bra was showing over her sweater in some of her shots. That girl is just a hot mess.

Let's keep Santa around to call time for our contestants.

FineWashables

FineWashables

Couch Potato

Posted Dec 14, 2012 @ 9:17 AM

I like Cazanova and his blouses, and I'm sorry to see him go because he's sweet and funny and talented, but his dress was awful. Random and awful. They should have had a special double elimination for Orange Josh. That adult diaper was just embarrassing. Why in the world didn't he use the blank side of the Hanukkah hanging to make a little skirt at least?

beaker73

beaker73

Video Archivist

Posted Dec 14, 2012 @ 9:45 AM

Was it just me, or did most of La La Anthony's comments make absolutely no sense?

Nope, not just you. She one of those Basketball Wives, right? I loved how she said that it looked like LK spent so much time deciding precisely where to place the mirrored pieces and then The Beautiful Georgina Chapman says that they look totally random like they were just thrown on there.

It seemed like the producers just really wanted a Cassie/Ivy bottom 2.

As soon as Uli asked what will they do if one goes home I knew we were looking at our bottom two. So obvious!

On the other hand, I LOVED Joanna Coles sweater.

Hell yeah! I want it!!

I'm kinda glad we got to see Emilio's washer and yarn bikini again. :)

bluegirl547

bluegirl547

Couch Potato

Posted Dec 14, 2012 @ 10:01 AM

I kept expecting the breast cups on Josh's top to start spinning around like a pinwheel. That would have been AWESOME.

Edited by bluegirl547, Dec 14, 2012 @ 10:01 AM.