Panic 911

• Please log in to reply

8 replies to this topic

pigeon

pigeon

Couch Potato

Posted Dec 7, 2012 @ 8:32 AM

(Forgive me if there is a thread somewhere else, or if this is in the wrong place. I looked but I couldn't find one.)

So this new show on A&E replays and reenacts actual 911 calls. Second episode was on last night and so far, its a pretty good show. Some of the reenactments are kind of silly but the phone calls are chilling.

Last night, two little girls had fallen into a frozen reservoir, and a teen neighbor made the call for help. Meanwhile, her grandmother went into the water to save one of the girls and the grandfather performed CPR on the other. What was confusing to me is that the young girls' mother was nearby and seemingly did nothing. Unless I missed something?

Edited by pigeon, Dec 7, 2012 @ 9:26 AM.

melissa1925

melissa1925

Fanatic

Posted Dec 8, 2012 @ 7:08 PM

The one with the lady who was 6 months pregnant and has a broken ankle. Her husband leaves the house to go out with friends that night and it's almost 11pm and he's still not home. She is all alone when some psycho breaks in. My husband commented on why didn't he let the big dogs out of the locked kennel before he left because there is no way that 'psycho dude' would have dared entered the house if they had been in there.

aurora296

aurora296

Loyal Viewer

Posted Dec 8, 2012 @ 11:52 PM

Love this show. I make sure not to watch it right before bed though. I find my body tightens up and my jaw is clenched while watching. Just hearing the fear in their voices and knowing it's real. I hope to never fear like that. I have been scared before, like when someone jumps out at you, but the feeling is a fraction of a second long. I can't imagine that feeling lasting for 10-15 minutes.
I agree Melissa1925, why didn't the husband at least let the big dogs out? Actually he shouldn't have left an immobile, injured woman who was 6 months pregnant in an isolated house with many openings to the outside that weren't very secure. At least leave her with a loaded gun.
When she began to yell, "Who are you?" once he made it upstairs into the kitchen and they were face to face, it was haunting. It sounded so primal and pleading and I keep thinking of it.
Why do I watch these shows?

Mita_Jo

Mita_Jo

Fanatic

Posted Dec 10, 2012 @ 12:33 AM

So glad that I'm not the only one who was questioning the actions of these victims' loved ones. The GRANDMA jumps into the lake to save the two little girls while her young granddaughter is freaking out on the phone talking about "don't let them die", the little girls' mother is doing...what exactly? Was there no one else around to help? Thank goodness that both girls made it out safely. And thank goodness for Grandpa that knew CPR.

The 6 month pregnant lady with the heel - I missed hearing where her husband was. I thought he was working or something. He just leaves her alone at home with no help whatsoever? I'm sure they didn't anticipate some psycho breaking in, but what about some other emergency? I felt horrible for her.

Going back to the first episode where there was another woman home alone in her isolated home, who at least had a shotgun. I felt her fear as she watched this man trying to break down her windows and doors and the police were so far away. I actually teared up because I was so scared for her. I could not be a 911 operator.

shriekingeel

shriekingeel

Couch Potato

Posted Dec 10, 2012 @ 2:23 AM

The first episode had me wanting to scream at the dispatcher whose only concern was that the caller "put her gun down" over and over again while the psycho was inside her house.

As it happened, the psycho found her and was violently assaulting her in front if her son until the police came in. "Put the gun down" while a violent rapist is inside her house. Grrr.

Mita_Jo

Mita_Jo

Fanatic

Posted Dec 10, 2012 @ 10:52 AM

The first episode had me wanting to scream at the dispatcher whose only concern was that the caller "put her gun down" over and over again while the psycho was inside her house.

ME TOO! Telling her that the police might confuse her with the intruder. Oh OK! So dumb. I wouldn't have put my gun down at all and probably would have started shooting hoping to scare him away. Suppose the police didn't find her in time? I didn't understand that one at all.

pigeon

pigeon

Couch Potato

Posted Dec 10, 2012 @ 2:37 PM

ME TOO! Telling her that the police might confuse her with the intruder. Oh OK! So dumb. I wouldn't have put my gun down at all and probably would have started shooting hoping to scare him away. Suppose the police didn't find her in time? I didn't understand that one at all.

This made me a bit crazy, too. No way would I put my gun down if someone was in my home and I was with a small child. But I am wondering if there are laws in place in whatever state she was in as far as owning a gun, or being able to shoot an intruder or whatever.

It was in direct contrast to the other story with the woman facing the drunk intruder trying to break in to her home in the middle of the night. She told the 911 operator "I have a gun and I will shoot him graveyard dead", to which the operator basically told her "I understand ... you do what you need to do to protect yourself."

Josette

Josette

Fanatic

Posted Aug 12, 2013 @ 5:38 AM

I thought I'd bump this up since the show has returned on Thursday nights.  The first new episode aired last week.

sarahsmith

sarahsmith

Channel Surfer

Posted Sep 23, 2013 @ 12:42 AM

I loved how intense these calls are. The fact that they’re real-life calls make them freakier. This show had me on the edge of my seat. :)