Love You, Mean It with Whitney Cummings

This topic has been archived. This means that you cannot reply to this topic.

22 replies to this topic

bilgistic

bilgistic

Fanatic

Posted Dec 2, 2012 @ 9:18 PM

Hate Her, Mean It

Did we really need another show with Whitney Cummings?

braggtastic

braggtastic

Stalker

Posted Dec 2, 2012 @ 10:08 PM

I watched an episode because Mindy Kaling was the guest. I know it's a new show, but it's not good. And why is Whitney sporting giant hair?

cpcathy

cpcathy

Fanatic

Posted Dec 3, 2012 @ 12:04 PM

This show was too clunky, her transitions to the different segments are awful, it looks like she stole the first segment and then the interview from Chelsea Handler, then the panel (right down to the way they were seated) from Kathy Griffin's show. I enjoyed the panel, however, since John Mulaney was on it. Love him. I wish that was the entire show, but I was watching because of John Mulaney and not Whitney.

bilgistic

bilgistic

Fanatic

Posted Dec 3, 2012 @ 5:17 PM

Whitney annoys when she has been on Chelsea Lately's panel. Her standup is only mildly humorous at best. Her sitcom is abhorrent. This show--just, no. Why was she yelling the whole time? The video clips are cliche--there are plenty of entire shows with video clips.

And the fact that everyone who comes on that show is her "best friend" and she "loves them so much" is going to get old, quickly. I, too, like Mindy Kaling and John Mulaney. They need to distance themselves from this dreck.

Except for the fact that she wasn't mean as hell about everyone who isn't exactly like her, it felt very much like Chelsea Lately, and that isn't a compliment.

JCScantling

JCScantling

Fanatic

Posted Dec 4, 2012 @ 8:27 PM

What's with the big hair?

Maybe, the show will get better? It can't get any worse, right?

WAnglais1

WAnglais1

Fanatic

Posted Dec 4, 2012 @ 11:22 PM

Her standup is only mildly humorous at best. Her sitcom is abhorrent. This show--just, no. Why was she yelling the whole time?

Because, like Dane Cook, she thinks fast + LOUD = funny?

amyingeorgia

amyingeorgia

Video Archivist

Posted Dec 5, 2012 @ 2:56 AM

It can't get any worse, right?

I wouldn't take that bet!

bilgistic

bilgistic

Fanatic

Posted Dec 6, 2012 @ 2:22 PM

Last night's version was no worse, but it wasn't any better. Whitney's giant hair was gone, but then Chelsea has wildly variating hairstyles from one night to the next. She acknowledged that she was yelling on the first outing. There were more gimmicky...gimmicks: clips that her panel talks about; "Unsubscribe" (which already feels dated), in which she talks about things she wants to be rid of in her life (a little too on-the-nose, there, Whitney); and "Stop" or "Just Stop"(?), which is basically the same thing as "Unsubscribe". It's just a mess.

Again everyone she had on she "loves so much!" She said the panel was her "real family" or some weird crap. I was sad to see Brian Posehn on the panel. They must have the same agent.

I've given it two watches. Can I be done now?

Donovan64

Donovan64

Loyal Viewer

Posted Dec 6, 2012 @ 3:17 PM

She was still yelling this week.

And everything she said or one of her panel/guest said was treated like it was the funniest thing ever. Complete with laughing at her own jokes.

Ugh.

TheBombDotCom

TheBombDotCom

Video Archivist

Posted Dec 8, 2012 @ 3:14 AM

It's almost like she read this forum and tried to fix her yelling and hair. I will say I kind of liked her hair though.

But yeah, this show is horrible. Her sitcom is horrible. Her standup is horrible. I will never figure out how this chick has a career.

Where did her little sidekick come from? Is he someone I should know? Why is he there?

Everything on E! is abysmal.

Dancin Queen

Dancin Queen

Couch Potato

Posted Dec 8, 2012 @ 3:26 AM

The most annoying new show...

iamhere

iamhere

Video Archivist

Posted Dec 8, 2012 @ 10:57 AM

I will never figure out how this chick has a career.

Her looks. Cuz it sure ain't her comedy or personality.

Edited by iamhere, Dec 8, 2012 @ 10:58 AM.

bilgistic

bilgistic

Fanatic

Posted Dec 8, 2012 @ 11:48 AM

Where did her little sidekick come from? Is he someone I should know? Why is he there?

I've seen him on something. I want to say Chelsea Lately. ::going to imdb to confirm:: I'm correct. Shocking that he's something else she got from Chelsea Handler (again, not a compliment). He's a comedian. He adds nothing to the show (I forget he's there until Whitney says something to him) and his "man on the street" segments are meh. Every talk show does them.

As a feminist, maybe I should be falling all over myself that another woman has a nighttime talk show, and not dismiss this show. But for me, it's just not that simple. The quality of this show has to be measured, and it's not good. I've expressed that I'm not a big fan of Chelsea Handler's, either. I don't think you have to put down people or other groups unlike your privileged self to be "funny".

Whitney is lacking genuineness first and foremost. It's all such a big act. Like Chelsea often does, she talked about this week's guest hanging out at her house and them being such good friends. Really? Because that takes me out of it really quickly. I don't care why you two had such an awesome time drinking whatevertinis by the pool.

AtlanticVamp

AtlanticVamp

Fanatic

• Interests:I think there's something degrading about having a wife for a rival. If you fail, it's humiliating; if you succeed, it's commonplace.-Christopher Hampton, paraphrased

Posted Dec 9, 2012 @ 3:22 PM

Hate Her, Mean It

Did we really need another show with Whitney Cummings?

Don't you mean another Chelsea Handler show? Just with a different host. Pass.

bilgistic

bilgistic

Fanatic

Posted Dec 10, 2012 @ 12:15 AM

Will Ferrell is going to be on the show this Wednesday, dammit! I like him, so I'm going to watch and just hope he makes an ass of Whitney. My only guess now is that either Whitney or Chelsea Handler have seriously blackmailed someone very high up.

Xingu

Xingu

Couch Potato

Posted Dec 21, 2012 @ 12:20 AM

Exactly who is this chick schtupping? She wasn't funny on Last Comic Standing, wasn't funny on Chelsea, wasn't funny on her own show and isn't funny here. She must give the best head in Hollywood. I have no other explanation.

bilgistic

bilgistic

Fanatic

Posted Dec 21, 2012 @ 2:06 AM

I still say it's blackmail, mostly because I'm a feminist and I'm not going to resort to "she's having sex with someone high up" (no offense, Xingu; we're all entitled to our opinions, but no one ever says that about men in high/prime positions), but the high caliber of her panel does not match her talent in any stretch of the imagination. She continues to have really great comics on her show, when she is a giant black hole of suckitude herself.

I watched it this week (I'm awake late at night and bored; I have no excuse), and her "bestie"--yes, she used that word--Chelsea Handler was her "guest". It was just a slobber-fest like most of Chelsea's guest segments are. I know I should quit watching, and start reading or something.

Xingu

Xingu

Couch Potato

Posted Dec 21, 2012 @ 3:01 AM

I still say it's blackmail, mostly because I'm a feminist and I'm not going to resort to "she's having sex with someone high up" (no offense, Xingu; we're all entitled to our opinions, but no one ever says that about men in high/prime positions), but the high caliber of her panel does not match her talent in any stretch of the imagination. She continues to have really great comics on her show, when she is a giant black hole of suckitude herself.

No offense taken. You bring up a good point. I'm probably one of the few who says "Who is he blowing...?" I've been saying that about Andy Cohen, Mario Lopez, Matthew Broderick and Mark Consuelos for years. But I think you're spot on. It's mostly a double-standard. I'm not sure I've ever seen a show where the quality of the guests so outshines that of the host. Maybe Merv Griffin? She must have some talent to put together interesting panels, but then she lets them fend for themselves with no comedic oversight. Maybe she does know where the skeletons are buried, so to speak. I admire your feminism.

bilgistic

bilgistic

Fanatic

Posted Dec 21, 2012 @ 12:52 PM

Thank you! Hilarious comparisons! Andy Cohen is one of the most terrible people in "showbiz"! His narcissism is unparalleled. Mario Lopez has struggled and failed to remain relevant since Saved by the Bell.

AtlanticVamp

AtlanticVamp

Fanatic

• Interests:I think there's something degrading about having a wife for a rival. If you fail, it's humiliating; if you succeed, it's commonplace.-Christopher Hampton, paraphrased

Posted Dec 23, 2012 @ 1:28 PM

Isn't having Chelsea Handler on the Whitney Cummings show kind of redundant? Whitney is just a poor person's brunette Chelsea, after all.

It's telling that Chelsea had to prompt Whitney about promoting Chelsea's show and keeping to the subject, though. Pull it together, Whitney.

bilgistic

bilgistic

Fanatic

Posted Dec 24, 2012 @ 3:31 AM

I'm not bothering to look it up, but Chelsea's production(?) company(?) (Borderline Amazing, I think it's called) also produces(?) Whitney's talk show (along w/Chelsea's). I don't know if that makes her Whitney's producer or boss, whatever. It was just weird for Chelsea to be on Whitney's show, yet somehow also totally expected.

I don't watch those other two poo-piles in which Whitney is involved, Whitney and 2 Broke Girls. I don't know if Chelsea has her hands in those or not.

The whole thing makes me angry when I really think about it. If it's about having women in late-night talk shows, much funnier and talented women linger on the sidelines of comedy (Maria Bamford immediately comes to mind) while these two are mysteriously doing very well. E! should stop pandering--trying to make a statement with 3% of its programming--and just make up another shitty Kardashian show in the form of a talk show (I'm sure Kris will do it).

zippergirl

zippergirl

Couch Potato

Posted Feb 2, 2013 @ 4:04 PM

I don't really mind this show one way or another. Whitney isn't the worst thing ever. I do like that it doesn't seem like she is trying too hard; sometimes it's even like she doesn't care at all and just forfeits the show to the guests. However, they really need to stop having that guy from her sitcom on. He is not funny and he monopolizes the entire segment from anyone on the couch with his obnoxious presence.

Finally, I want the majority of Whitney's wardrobe.

bilgistic

bilgistic

Fanatic

Posted Feb 15, 2013 @ 6:50 PM

The death knell has sounded.

Whitney Cummings' E! talk show canceled

People didnít love it back.

Whitney Cummingsí talk show Love You, Mean It With Whitney Cummings, has been canceled, EW has confirmed with E!. A spokesperson told EW the last episode aired last Wednesday, Feb. 6. The weekly show premiered just this past November and was produced by Chelsea Handlerís company Borderline Amazing Productions. Handler also served as an executive producer on the show alongside Cummings.

While her talk show may have bitten the dust, Cummings herself is doing alright. While her eponymous NBC sitcom still struggles in the ratings for season 2, the other show she co-created, 2 Broke Girls, continues to fare better.

You know something really sucks if E! cancels it. This is the network of a thousand Kartrashian spin-offs.