AS2-6: "Green Dress for the Red Carpet" 2012.12.06

This topic has been archived. This means that you cannot reply to this topic.

65 replies to this topic

NYTeacher

NYTeacher

Couch Potato

Posted Dec 9, 2012 @ 11:23 AM

I think Carolyn Murphy gets her clothes inspiration from the Sci Fi channel.

AntManBee

AntManBee

Video Archivist

Posted Dec 9, 2012 @ 6:36 PM

Althea's polka dot print was sad, but I do not think it was hopeless for the red carpet. Somehow I see Kenley pulling out something that would have least been safe. Mondo would have made it into a sheath dress mod print against the reverse, and I can see that passing as well.

I rather like Carolyn Murphy's fashion choices. I don't know if she makes them, but they are what I envision as "correct answers" to the overall challenge. I thought her monochromatic dress that had slight tonal shifts when she moved was pretty awesome. Was it a 'green' fabric dress?

Edited by AntManBee, Dec 9, 2012 @ 6:37 PM.

catray

catray

Fanatic

Posted Dec 9, 2012 @ 7:05 PM

Ivy's dress was the definition of tortured, especially when it comes to fabric/design. But Althea's was also a hot mess, definitely not helped the fabric at all. Yuck. Ivy's at least had more of a red carpet feel to it.

I really liked Casanova's-- I was a bit disappointed he wasn't in top and that Anthony Ryan was (even though I also liked Anthony Ryan's dress).

I thought Laura Kathleen was going to tear Uli's eyes out when DvF was complimenting her dress. But I'm surprised that Laura Kathleen's head didn't explode when she won the challenge. If only.

DvF is a treasure and I love her as a judge. More DvF!!

I wanted to smack Georgina for saying chiffon is an easy fabric to work with. I'm not an expert by any means, but chiffon can be a bitch to work with.

nicenessness

nicenessness

Stalker

Posted Dec 9, 2012 @ 7:38 PM

The Beautiful Georgina probably doesn't actually sew or do anything but delegate.

Edited to address Georgina by her title.

Edited by nicenessness, Dec 9, 2012 @ 11:54 PM.

DohDohWoohoo

DohDohWoohoo

Couch Potato

Posted Dec 9, 2012 @ 8:28 PM

I thought her monochromatic dress that had slight tonal shifts when she moved was pretty awesome. Was it a 'green' fabric dress?

Perhaps. All we know about the dress is that it was the one shade of green that Carolyn Murphy can't wear.

Georgina probably doesn't actually sew or do anything but delegate.

I would bet my next 10 paychecks that Georgina has not touched a sewing machine in a decade.

Sorry, "The Beautiful Georgina," because I'm pretty sure we are contractually obligated to say that.

Edited by DohDohWoohoo, Dec 9, 2012 @ 8:28 PM.

Streya

Streya

Couch Potato

Posted Dec 10, 2012 @ 9:46 PM

I have to believe, up to a point, what she told Joanna about being in a bad spot (and also the rumors about Michael Costello being a bit of a jackass) and wanting to change her attitude.

[snip]To have the mouth that she had about how great she was, she was Low score or in the bottom 2-3 times, and never won a challenge. I'm surprised she was even in the All-Stars. Interestingly though, when I see her sketches, they look good; the drawing for her "sun" dress was pretty, but she never seems able to turn the drawing into a good dress. They always look like craft projects to me.

ITA that Casanova was robbed. I didn't mind the palazzo pants, but they're not red carpet IMO.

Edited by TWoP Nikita, Dec 11, 2012 @ 12:19 AM.
manners