BUCKWILD

• Please log in to reply

309 replies to this topic

ShaNaeNae

ShaNaeNae

Fanatic

Posted Jan 24, 2013 @ 9:10 PM

You know what else cracks me up about the clubbing episode is when that construction vest boyfriend was standing in front of their vehicle and some random, drunk ass blonde with her fact blurred out walks in the street and starts drunkingly hitting him over and over. She was so drunk she couldn't even aim her fist toward him. She had hits flying to and fro.

Call me crazy, but I liked that song played in the club. I wonder if it was a real song or just a dub over. Something about being lucky in love.

And does home wrecker have a new term I don't know about? Cara kept calling Tyler a 'homewrecker'. I don't think so, if I'm basing it on the definition I know.

Salwa's screams sounded weird and robotic when they were doing donuts while muddin'.

Also, think when Shain tried to get Salwa wet with the hose, that was totally set up. "Jessie J tried to get me wet!" "I'll get you wet!"

I think Ashley has a secret crush on Shain. She is forever talking about him. I can also see her being a single mom to 2 kids by the age of 23, each with a different baby daddy. Probably getting stoned in the bedroom with some random guy while kids run around like whippersnappers eating spoonfuls of sugar and drinking soda out of bottles. Then, at night, leaving them in the car while she hangs in a bar. I can totally see it.

the weeknd

the weeknd

Couch Potato

Posted Jan 24, 2013 @ 9:23 PM

I noticed the Ashley/Shain thing too, but I figured it was because they were the only two who actually knew each other before filming this show.

ShaNaeNae

ShaNaeNae

Fanatic

Posted Jan 24, 2013 @ 9:57 PM

Could be. But she talks more about him than he does of her. But that could be a girl/guy thing.

I figured it was because they were the only two who actually knew each other before filming this show.

That's what I don't get. Do they expect us to believe all these kids knew eachother for a long time, yet all of a sudden they're interested in eachother and just now hooking up eachother? Like Joey/Shae and Katie/Tyler? Usually, but not always, if you have the opposite gender as friends for a very long time, or grew up together, that person has a very good chance of being thrown into the friend zone. And it can be weird to hook up with someone you think of as a great friend or have a brother or sister relationship with.

This is driving me crazy though- I swear she grew 2 cup sizes between the first and the subsequent episodes.

Maybe because the night of Joey's party she wasn't wearing a bra?

chickieloveknit

chickieloveknit

Couch Potato

Posted Jan 25, 2013 @ 8:08 AM

Shain and his Dad need their own t.v. show. Love his parents! Shain just seems like a naturally happy person who is 100% himself.

Katie doesn't seem to be as rough as the rest of this crew. Wonder how she got in the mix?

Joey and Shae's "date" was painful and the skinny dipping episode was so set-up and poorly acted. Joey's good for between the sheets but don't try to make him into a boyfriend, Shae. Although, I find him hot when he's driving that truck! Gah!

ghoulina

ghoulina

Fanatic

Posted Jan 25, 2013 @ 8:38 AM

Shain and his Dad need their own t.v. show. Love his parents! Shain just seems like a naturally happy person who is 100% himself.

I agree. Give them a spin-off! Love his family. They are so down to earth and funny.

Joey and Shae's "date" was painful and the skinny dipping episode was so set-up and poorly acted. Joey's good for between the sheets but don't try to make him into a boyfriend, Shae. Although, I find him hot when he's driving that truck! Gah!

Shae is the kind of girl that drives me nuts. She tells him - "I'm not really the friends-with-benefits type of girl". Well, here's a tip - if you don't want to be that type of girl, don't give them the benefits when you're just friends!!! So yea, then they go on this incredibly painful date - where it's quite obvious that they either have nothing in common, or he just has no interest in getting to know her as a person, or both. So what does she do? She still needs that validation from a man, so she hooks up with him AGAIN. So sad and pathetic.

prostitutewhore

prostitutewhore

Video Archivist

Posted Jan 25, 2013 @ 10:27 AM

I just don't get Shae and Joey. He's so not good looking. Sometimes downright ugly.

She's pretty in a boring pretty way, she can do much better.

whydoItunein

whydoItunein

Channel Surfer

Posted Jan 25, 2013 @ 4:20 PM

I think, and this is totally speculation on my part, is that some of the kids went to HS together (Shain, Joey, Salwa and Anna) and were maybe in different grades, were not friends in school but still sorta knew each other because it was probably a small school made up of a couple different towns. (I went to a HS that had only 500 kids total and while I certainly wasn't friends with everyone, I still sorta knew who everyone was). Anna probably goes to West Virginia University which is in Morgansville(? is that the town name) so Katie, Cara and Tyler are probably people she met at college who grew up somewhere else. It make sense because Anna, Katie and Cara were renting a house together which is very typical of college juniors and seniors to live off campus. And it doesn't seem like Shain and Joey really know Tyler well.

I'm not sure which group Ashley and Shae fall into.

the weeknd

the weeknd

Couch Potato

Posted Jan 25, 2013 @ 4:39 PM

I think Shae, Anna, Ashley, and Shain already knew each other. The rest I think were spooned in for the show. I think they probably didn't know Cara, Tyler, or Katie at all.

ghoulina

ghoulina

Fanatic

Posted Jan 25, 2013 @ 4:44 PM

I never got the impression any of them were supposed to be life-long friends, and Cara was dubbed "the new girl", wasn't she? But if many of them are complete strangers, that's just wrong. (but not surprising)

charmed1

charmed1

Fanatic

Posted Jan 25, 2013 @ 9:37 PM

Shae's a loser. I don't care how pretty she may be (is she even though? She looks pretty average/plain to me)

All I see when I look at her is plain Jane new millennium Jan Brady. The only halfway attractive people on this show are Salwa and the kid they call the pretty boy.

Who the hell wears heels to shoot? The kickback from the shotgun could have knocked her backwards in those things.

Why did I watch this shit? It's worse than Jersey Shore's last season. Buckwild = The Real World for fugmoes.

Edited by charmed1, Jan 25, 2013 @ 9:44 PM.

ShaNaeNae

ShaNaeNae

Fanatic

Posted Jan 25, 2013 @ 10:06 PM

I think I saw on one of the videos on MTV.com, Salwa mentioned she and Shae went to the same high school and they knew of eachother, but Salwa was 3 grades older than Shae.

These episodes confused me, they showed the commercials all week about who was into who (Katie excited to be introducing Tyler to her parents), Shain into Cara, Cara into some girl. Then during the show, they showed an extended commercial of those same topics and said it was up next. So I thought we were getting 2 new shows. But then 10:00pm hit, and the rerun started again. Right after the exact same show! So they didn't show what they were advertising, but showed the same episode two times in a row.

ubi

ubi

Stalker

Posted Jan 25, 2013 @ 10:25 PM

And what was that guy rambling about when he was talking about the 2 liter of coke? That you shouldn't pick it up off the side of the road? Who would pick it up off the side of the road?

That certainly was bizarre! Is there some maniac leaving shaken-up (or contaminated) bottles of Coke in random locations in the hopes that someone will take them?

Edited by ubi, Jan 27, 2013 @ 6:49 AM.

the weeknd

the weeknd

Couch Potato

Posted Jan 25, 2013 @ 10:49 PM

So I look up a lot of these shows in the tags on Tumblr just to see what the general reaction to them is, and I saw a comment from a girl saying she wants a relationship like Joey and Shae. LOL WUT. Kids these days are insane, lol.

00redsvt

00redsvt

Couch Potato

Posted Jan 25, 2013 @ 11:39 PM

That certainly was bizarre! Is there some maniac leaving shaken-up (or contaminated) bottles of Coke in random locations in the hopes that someone will take it?

I'm sorry, this is going to sound so backwoods and rediculous but the first thing I thought of whenever he asked about where he found the coke bottle was a meth lab. I'm guessing I had that reaction because that's a major problem here and in WV and the "tools" used in the manufacturing are just left behind in random places.

ghoulina

ghoulina

Fanatic

Posted Jan 26, 2013 @ 9:00 AM

These episodes confused me, they showed the commercials all week about who was into who (Katie excited to be introducing Tyler to her parents), Shain into Cara, Cara into some girl. Then during the show, they showed an extended commercial of those same topics and said it was up next. So I thought we were getting 2 new shows. But then 10:00pm hit, and the rerun started again. Right after the exact same show! So they didn't show what they were advertising, but showed the same episode two times in a row.

They actually claim EVERY week that we're getting two new shows. They run them all together in a one hour time slot, but if you look at the description - there are two titles. But you're right - all that love triangle stuff seems to have been delayed again for next week.

ShaNaeNae

ShaNaeNae

Fanatic

Posted Jan 26, 2013 @ 9:12 AM

Why is there a commercial refrigerator in the girls house? It was the kind you see at Dairy Queen and in the scene when Shae and Joey went back to her bedroom in the naughty school girl outfit.

Speaking of naughty school girl, she technically wasn't dressed up as one. She was dressed as a dominating teacher.

I have to say I loved Ashley's guy talk with Joey. "Take that bitch out to dinner!" "If you act like her boyfriend, you're guaranteed to get up the ass for a good 6 months!"

I like Shain's corny lines. Something about him liking trucks better than girlfriends and his trucks won't leave him stranded like girls do cause they're the ones that drive him home. Insert corny laugh. Love it.

Also found out he was actually fired from his sanitation job before filming started.

Shain's old My Space pictures. I have to say, he was better looking back then.

I noticed Shae had on Ashley's shirt that she's used for some publicity (orange tanktop with blinged collar) when she was talking to Joey about being a boyfriend. That's what I like about this show. They don't have the latest name brand anything. I hope fame doesn't ruin them so much that in the next season or two, they have Chanel sunglasses, $600 jeans and driving Mercedes.

ETA: I keep forgetting Shain is not Shane.

Edited by ShaNaeNae, Jan 26, 2013 @ 9:14 AM.

tatum

tatum

Fanatic

Posted Jan 27, 2013 @ 8:53 PM

Just watched the last episode. At first was a little surprised Shae was having such a hard time nailing down a commitment from Joey when he seemed so into her before, but then I think Shae just seems super needy, high maintenance and insecure. I'm sure she's probably considered the local dime piece, but it seems not too many guys want to get serious with her.

The love triangle next week looks interesting but it seems Tyler becomes quite douchey. And I bet Cara is only a lesbian when she's trying to get a guy's attention.

ShaNaeNae

ShaNaeNae

Fanatic

Posted Jan 28, 2013 @ 8:27 AM

And I bet Cara is only a lesbian when she's trying to get a guy's attention.

This. So much this. You put what I've been thinking of these type of girls for so many years into words just right. You are 100% correct.

Just like she says she can be perfect for a guy "wearing 5 inch heels at a club or right at home on a 4-wheeler". Please, Cara. If you have to convince others, you're probably not so much.

The love triangle next week looks interesting but it seems Tyler becomes quite douchey.

Is he? I missed it. The only part I saw him in was Katie being excited to introduce him to her parents. After she said that, he said something about being excited too and I was wondering if he was being sarcastic or not.

Found this interview with the other Jesse. I was surprised he said most of the show isn't scripted and fake.

MomOfAMarine

MomOfAMarine

Just Tuned In

Posted Jan 28, 2013 @ 8:47 AM

Why isn't anyone mentioning that during the "swimming pool" truck scenes, one of the girls is standing on the porch holding an aerosol can with the spray top off....why? Isn't that how "huffing" is done?

ghoulina

ghoulina

Fanatic

Posted Jan 28, 2013 @ 9:08 AM

I didn't notice Tyler getting "douchey" either - just getting pissed at Cara trying to cock block his business w/ Katie. Although, they all get what they deserve w/ this incestuous, revolving door of friend hook-ups.

cwreality

cwreality

Video Archivist

Posted Jan 28, 2013 @ 9:12 AM

Why isn't anyone mentioning that during the "swimming pool" truck scenes, one of the girls is standing on the porch holding an aerosol can with the spray top off....why? Isn't that how "huffing" is done?

Don't ask why I know this, but I think that is also how one operates a potato gun. The aerosol builds creates the pressure needed to shoot the potato.

tatum

tatum

Fanatic

Posted Jan 28, 2013 @ 12:50 PM

Eh, I think telling Cara to fuck off or go the fuck away (I know there was a fuck in there somewhere) is an unnecessarily mean way to talk to someone you've had sex with recently, especially on national TV. You've basically hit it and quit it and now you're hooking up with another girl right in front of her, all on TV. I think he could have been a little more gentlemanly about asking her to move on and leave him alone.

ubi

ubi

Stalker

Posted Jan 28, 2013 @ 12:55 PM

Don't ask why I know this, but I think that is also how one operates a potato gun. The aerosol builds creates the pressure needed to shoot the potato.

I think the accumulated aerosol is ignited to create the pressure needed to shoot the potato.

ghoulina

ghoulina

Fanatic

Posted Jan 28, 2013 @ 1:18 PM

Eh, I think telling Cara to fuck off or go the fuck away (I know there was a fuck in there somewhere) is an unnecessarily mean way to talk to someone you've had sex with recently, especially on national TV. You've basically hit it and quit it and now you're hooking up with another girl right in front of her, all on TV. I think he could have been a little more gentlemanly about asking her to move on and leave him alone.

I guess I'll have to wait and see the episode and exactly WHAT Cara is doing to illicit that response. This isn't the first time she's gotten like that w/ girls he's brought around. She was pretty rude to the girl he brought home from the club that one time. Yea, it's probably hurtful to see a guy you've slept w/ bringing other girls around - but that's why you don't just sleep w/ dudes w/o a commitment. It's too easy to get your feelings hurt. If they had been a legitimate couple and he was acting like this, I'd have more sympathy for her. But if you have a one-night stand w/ a dude, don't be surprised when he does it with others.

tatum

tatum

Fanatic

Posted Jan 28, 2013 @ 2:43 PM

You'll get no argument from me that it was an unwise move and Cara and Tyler only have themselves to blame for any awkwardness or hurt feelings. That being said, Tyler could be a little nicer. No one is saying he needs to take a vow of celibacy or anything but telling Cara to fuck off when she's acting out due to hurt feelings seems mean.

I do believe a lot of this show is real. I mean there may be some producer prompting (ie girls, fill up an air mattress with water but you can't use the garden hose) but I don't think any of these kids are acting.

OnceSane

OnceSane

Fanatic

Posted Jan 28, 2013 @ 6:26 PM

I love Shain's dad. He's hilarious.

cwreality

cwreality

Video Archivist

Posted Jan 28, 2013 @ 7:13 PM

I think the accumulated aerosol is ignited to create the pressure needed to shoot the potato.

Ah, thanks! I knew it was something like that!

I agree about Shain's dad! He reminds me of my own dad: no nonsense, no BS, and absolutely hilarious .

Edited by cwreality, Jan 28, 2013 @ 7:15 PM.

ShaNaeNae

ShaNaeNae

Fanatic

Posted Jan 28, 2013 @ 7:48 PM

I agree about Shain's dad! He reminds me of my own dad: no nonsense, no BS, and absolutely hilarious .

I love watching their father/son relationship. I'm guessing Shain is the only child. You can just tell. His dad, "Hurry up! Get ready for church! NOW!" while Shain jumps to attention is just too cute to watch.

Shae is one of those insecure girls that reads a situation with a guy completely wrong and tells herself that no matter what happens, guys love her and thinks she's so charming.

Her Story:
Shae: "Joey, do you want to come in my room and help me move?"
Joey: "OK"

What really happened:
Shae in her TH segment: "Joey offered to help, but I think it's just because he wants to get in my room".

I was agreeing most of it's not set up, but after rewatching this last episode when

ShaNaeNae

ShaNaeNae

Fanatic

Posted Jan 28, 2013 @ 7:48 PM

I love watching their father/son relationship. I'm guessing Shain is the only child. You can just tell. His dad, "Hurry up! Get ready for church! NOW!" while Shain jumps to attention is just too cute to watch. And while talking getting a new truck, "Dad, you're the best dad ever..."

Shae is one of those insecure girls that reads a situation with a guy completely wrong and tells herself that no matter what happens, guys love her and thinks she's so charming.

Her Story:
Shae in her TH segment: "Joey offered to help, but I think it's just because he wants to get in my room".

What really happened:
Shae: "Joey, do you want to come in my room and help me move?"
Joey: "OK"

I was agreeing most of it's not set up, but after rewatching this last episode when Joey was in Shae's room, Anna comes home (I laughed with her, "are you fake sleeping?") and tells Shae, "come with me, come hang out with me" and takes Shae away from her notboyfriend while Joey ironically discovers her vibe! You wouldn't say! Why would someone take a friend away if she has a guest in the house?

And how cute was Joey seeing a mud puddle and not being able to resist burning out in it despite a clean truck. Shae confronts him and he starts to explain, realizes how crazy it sounds so ends with a never mind sounding, "I don't know..."

ETA: Got what really happened and what Shae thought headings mixed up. Sorry if anyone read it wrong...

Edited by ShaNaeNae, Jan 28, 2013 @ 8:33 PM.

unclejosh

unclejosh

Channel Surfer

Posted Jan 30, 2013 @ 4:38 PM

I like this show and find most of the cast endearing in one way or another but it is weird finding out it was filmed years ago which makes me concerned for any future seasons. A lot of things have changed for this cast and can they repeat the shenanigans they were willing to do as single early 20 year olds vs near mid 20's with signifigant others? Think how Jersey Shore got worse as the cast got older and sick of the lifestyle and were all "wifed" up to the point of boringness.