Jim Rome on Showtime

This topic has been archived. This means that you cannot reply to this topic.

3 replies to this topic

SubwayCola

SubwayCola

Channel Surfer

Posted Nov 25, 2012 @ 7:28 PM

Jim Rome's latest attempt at a sports talk show premiered last week. I caught bits and pieces of it. The promos for it promised a new approach with lots of surprises, but you know it's gonna be a shitty show when they have to pull the "dropping ping pong balls on Captain Kangaroo" trick out.

As for the actual show, feh. Rome interviewed Kobe Bryant who did his usual thing of saying absolutely nothing while appearing to say something reasonably profound about basketball. The softball questions Romie pitched him were barftastically lame. For someone who spends 20 hours week on the radio barfing and farting out a 'tough guy who asks the tough questions' persona, he sure comes across as a meek pussy.

Speaking of which, has Rome ever given an actual apology to Jim Everett? I don't mean the standard, "If my comments offended anybody" bullshit non-apology which is standard procedure these days, but an actual "What I did was wrong and thoughtless and cruel and stupid and childish and immature" type of apology.

Then he had a panel which included Tiki Barber which immediately made whatever anyone on said panel said irrelevant, and interviewed Matthew Perry, which was interesting because Romie seemed to be dancing on the edge of if not over the edge of homophobia with some of his questions.

I give the show two years before it gets killed off and then Romie can move on the NBC Sports Network.

Out.

What say you, clones?

Edited by SubwayCola, Nov 25, 2012 @ 7:28 PM.

Runningwild

Runningwild

Fanatic

Posted Nov 28, 2012 @ 1:29 PM

How can a guy who can't pronounce the 'l' sound in a word still be on air? How is he so popular? Is he? I can't stand listening to him. Or watching him. Phenomenal.

ETA- He definitely should apologize to Jim Everett (or as he would say "apahagize").

Edited by Runningwild, Nov 28, 2012 @ 1:30 PM.

braggtastic

braggtastic

Stalker

Posted Nov 29, 2012 @ 11:31 AM

How can a guy who can't pronounce the 'l' sound in a word still be on air?

Ask Tom Brokaw.

yanksno1

yanksno1

Loyal Viewer

Posted Apr 10, 2013 @ 8:18 PM

Is it me or does tonight's (4/10/13) episodes live audience sound like a laugh track?