Extreme Cougar Wives

• Please log in to reply

47 replies to this topic

FortKnoxII

FortKnoxII

Video Archivist

Posted Nov 23, 2012 @ 9:34 AM

The NY Daily News had a snide review of this show.

Okay, kids, here is today's lesson from what used to be The Learning Channel.

Cookies may not be the only thing that Grandma’s got baking.

TLC’s “Extreme Cougar Wives,” which debuts Sunday, follows three women who have relationships with men young enough to be their sons or grandsons.

Edited by TWoP Howard, Nov 25, 2012 @ 9:27 PM.

LLC

LLC

Loyal Viewer

Posted Nov 25, 2012 @ 11:21 PM

The artist formerly know as Prince in a hand wringing ceremony, the dude who wore a sweater to the pool with geriatric vag, Hattie & Octo and his Nana with her 1980 shrubbery hair = comedy gold.

Edited by LLC, Nov 25, 2012 @ 11:34 PM.

ninjaeema

ninjaeema

Couch Potato

Posted Nov 26, 2012 @ 1:15 AM

Every time I saw Hattie, I kept thinking that was SJP's future look. It was uncanny.

Macthekat

Macthekat

Couch Potato

Posted Nov 26, 2012 @ 11:59 AM

I found this show by accident....I just can't fathom a younger-than-30-year-old guy hooking up with 76-year-old Hattie. She is spunky, I'll give her that, but she has the typical soft, wrinkly, saggy body that has made it to 76. I'm not seeing how that could turn a young guy on, but I guess there is a lid to every pot, or so I've heard, or at least if you're featured on a tv show.

I found it funny how Kevin's parents would be all upset and crying, then stop and ask Jude why she was crying.

This has got to be a train wreck in short order.

chickieloveknit

chickieloveknit

Couch Potato

Posted Nov 26, 2012 @ 12:41 PM

I just can't fathom a younger-than-30-year-old guy hooking up with 76-year-old Hattie.

Me either. It could be a fetish, or just for a good story, but I can't imagine it coming from a genuine, healthy place. I find Hattie pretty fascinating though. She seemed very fun and likable. But why the sex obsession? Does she ever date men close to her own age? Maybe I'm unenlightened or looking at sex through puritan goggles but I hope I'm not running around like a dog in heat, throwing myself at men and bragging about my conquests when I'm almost 80. It just sounds so....tiring.

There was no connection at all between Octavio (was that his name?) and Stephanie. Plus, he was obviously gay!

Kevin and Jude were pure comedy gold! The scene where Kevin invites his brother to the hand binding was so poorly acted I was rolling on the ground. Also loved it when Kevin yelled at his Mother, "it's not like we got married" and Jude was horrified so he had to mumble, "well, I mean, it kind of is"!

Regardless of the stupidity of it all, I think these three women did look great for their ages!

PharmGal10

PharmGal10

Fanatic

Posted Nov 26, 2012 @ 1:44 PM

I found Jude and Kevin so gross. I'm sorry - she knew him when he was in high school. He's just 21!

I liked Hattie. She was hilarious. I think the sex talk is too much though.

Merree

Merree

Video Archivist

Posted Nov 26, 2012 @ 3:14 PM

I sat through some of this and I'll know better next time. What I saw was more blatantly scripted crap from a network that specializes in it. I thought all of these people were hired for their roles. I almost lol'd at Jude and Kevin at the beach. The acting was worse than any I've seen outside of a low-budget, sub-B movie. TLC may have just found its nadir- but I doubt it.

Patsy Stoned

Patsy Stoned

Couch Potato

Posted Nov 26, 2012 @ 4:54 PM

This show was a joke, right?

sassyg

sassyg

Just Tuned In

Posted Nov 28, 2012 @ 2:08 PM

Patsy, you took the words right out of my mouth. That was my first and final reaction.

PharmGal10

PharmGal10

Fanatic

Posted Nov 28, 2012 @ 3:33 PM

I hope this show is a joke. I'm not saying young men can't find older women attractive, but something struck me as particularly odd about this group. I don't think Jude's family is in on the joke though because they seemed very much distraught.

affirmed

affirmed

Fanatic

Posted Nov 28, 2012 @ 8:53 PM

I know I saw Hattie on another show but I can't remember. She is a character. And I know of NO young man under the age of thirty who would sleep with her and not have it be a joke. Sorry, and I like her spunk but no. A 25 year old guy will not sleep with a woman 50 years his senior, no matter how much of a horndog he is!

I found it funny how Kevin's parents would be all upset and crying, then stop and ask Jude why she was crying.

Kevin, you brought home a woman older than your mother. And speak OPENLY about the great sex on tv. What do you THINK is going to happen? And for the record I am just as turned off by a woman who is 21 and a man who is 35 plus years older.

And I don't want to see ANYONE of any age making out in a recording studio.

Tess23

Tess23

Channel Surfer

Posted Nov 29, 2012 @ 1:51 AM

I made it about five minutes into this mess of a show before I had to hit my Tivo delete button. Gag, just gag with Hattie the Character's antics. Not funny and not entertaining, I love a good reality show but to me this was no better than Honey Boo Boo. Is this what we've sunk to as a nation?

FinePoint

FinePoint

Loyal Viewer

Posted Nov 29, 2012 @ 2:20 AM

More schlock from the Tacky, Lewd, and Crass network that showcases Trainwrecks, Losers, and Crazies.

Kevin and Jude; I didn't know what the hell a hand-fasting ceremony was, but I looked it up and I can now say I actually learned something from this, no joke. So you get a point, there, TLC. Did I hear that officiant say her name is seriously "Priestess Moonfire"? Bwahahahaha! If you're going to stage something, TLC, you at least made it funny there, so I'll give you another point on that one. Having Jude crawl out Kevin's bedroom window? More humor! Challenge: what would you have had her do, TLC, if his bedroom was on the 2nd floor? The walk of shame down the stairs? Something to think about for the scripted drama with your next cougarized couple.

Octavio; yes, so obviously gay. And his sniffing, bitchy friend at the beach -- all of them were bitches, but this is the guy in the yellow t-shirt who was the most vocal about the age difference being gross -- is obviously playing the part of the guy who wants Octavio for himself or just wants Octavio to come out. LOL. Of course, all the OTT rudeness for the camera makes it all scripted. And the rude, bitchy girls in the place where Octavio works: obviously scripted. TLC not even trying, but I expected as much.

Hell's Kitchen Hattie--I've seen her before, on one of the TLC Exteme/Taboo/Sex type of shows. She was on that one too for cougaring after young dudes. She's pretty, and she's spunky, with a fun attitude, but as repressed and age-ist as it may be, I just don't need to hear her say that young guys or anyone else makes her w _ _. Uck. At least it was silently bleeped.

These people had to be actors or wannabe actors. At least, I hope so, because this really just made a big joke out of relationships, which would be a serious subject. As long as everyone's legal and consenting, I don't care and I'm happy for those who find true love. This, however, just came off as just another TLC exploitation (albeit consensual exploitation) and attempt to shock for a quickie ratings boost. The OTT meanness from Octavio's customers and friends and the comedy with Jude and Kevin and Hattie's antics reveals this program as just another fake and cheap attempt at eliciting a strong emotional response. Eh.

Edited by FinePoint, Nov 29, 2012 @ 3:55 PM.

melissa1925

melissa1925

Fanatic

Posted Nov 29, 2012 @ 9:56 AM

I tried to watch but after 10 mins or so was too grossed out by the nasty old grandma kissing the guy that was young enough to be her grand-kid.

Hey! Maybe they'll feature Demi Moore next. According to Fox News.com, 50 yr old Demi Moore has found a new guy, 26 yr old Vito Schnabel.

Edited by melissa1925, Nov 29, 2012 @ 9:57 AM.

elisabethbaci

elisabethbaci

Video Archivist

Posted Nov 29, 2012 @ 1:21 PM

It just goes to prove how desperate men are to get laid. When Hattie talks about sex non-stop it gets men interested because they are very hard up for sex. If a woman is promising to give them some, why not?

swankie

swankie

Stalker

Posted Nov 29, 2012 @ 2:06 PM

It just goes to prove how desperate men are to get laid. When Hattie talks about sex non-stop it gets men interested because they are very hard up for sex. If a woman is promising to give them some, why not?

I donít believe for a minute that those young guys want to do anything with Hattie other than be on camera with her and get paid. That whole scene by that pool was so set up and scripted it was ridiculous. Those exercises or whatever it was she was doing on that chaise lounge made me laugh out loud and a little embarrassed for her. I do admire her self confidence, but to me she looks gross. I think she has reverse body dysmorphic disorder and sees herself as looking way better than she actually does. If there are some young guys wolfing after her itís for money, not sex if you ask me.

melissa1925

melissa1925

Fanatic

Posted Nov 29, 2012 @ 3:48 PM

I totally believe these guys go after great-grandma for her money/tv time and NOT for a real relationship.

Edited by melissa1925, Nov 29, 2012 @ 3:48 PM.

RoisterDoister

RoisterDoister

Loyal Viewer

Posted Nov 29, 2012 @ 6:34 PM

Both of the guys with older girlfriends seemed gay to me

whatevez

whatevez

Couch Potato

Posted Nov 30, 2012 @ 8:25 AM

WTF was this? Climbing out the window? Didn't she have a house?

The handfasting ceremony was hysterical. Note to Jude: If your intended talks about the "awesome parties" you used to throw when he was FOURTEEN...this is not a relationship you want to pursue.

elisabethbaci

elisabethbaci

Video Archivist

Posted Nov 30, 2012 @ 9:34 AM

Yes I agree the show was set up and she didn't have sex with the guys on the show, but she does have sex with young guys all the time. She said she did an 18 year old. Men are pigs.

melissa1925

melissa1925

Fanatic

Posted Nov 30, 2012 @ 9:43 AM

18 yr olds are not pigs but the women on this show are disgusting.

Merree

Merree

Video Archivist

Posted Nov 30, 2012 @ 11:12 AM

Hopefully, this show isn't a continuing series, but a one-shot thing. I mean, how many desperate famewhores are there ? Never mind. I think the only thing to do is just not watch low-brow crap like this.

melissa1925

melissa1925

Fanatic

Posted Nov 30, 2012 @ 12:17 PM

I agree Merree.

prosperity2day

prosperity2day

Fanatic

Posted Nov 30, 2012 @ 12:41 PM

PharmGal10
I liked Hattie. She was hilarious. I think the sex talk is too much though.

I liked her too. Her personality is very uplifting to say the least. I bet she was quite the looker and party girl in her day.

This show had me rolling though. I found it by accident and laughed all the way through it. I thought it was a spoof of reality shows with a twist(much, much older women/young guys who claims to REALLY love em).....looking forward to seeing it next week.

nuffy

nuffy

Channel Surfer

Posted Jan 15, 2013 @ 10:32 PM

I saw this for the first time tonight and also thought it was some kind of scripted satire of a reality show...at first. It may be scripted, but I don't think it's intended as satire.

hicks964

hicks964

Couch Potato

Posted Jan 16, 2013 @ 9:25 AM

Hattie was featured on Extreme Sex because of the attraction to younger men. I see she's extending her 15 minutes.

I bet she was quite the looker and party girl in her day.

She said she had been married for a very long time and either divorced or widowed in her 50's and that's when she started going for younger men. The Extreme Sex show interviewed her 50+ y.o. son who was grossed out by his mother's behavior.

She may be good looking for almost 80 but she is in no way as sexy or toned as she thinks she is! Her and Hugh Hefner need to go somewhere and sit down with someone their own age.

I'm all about retaining youthfulness and sexiness into later years but I want it to be with someone in my age range so we think each other looks sexy even when the rest of the world only sees two old people. LOL

SteakHead

SteakHead

Loyal Viewer

Posted Jan 17, 2013 @ 10:58 AM

I continue to be amazed at the depths to which this wretched network TLC goes to. I think cable companies like COMCAST have enough influence to monitor if the different niche channels which are supposed to add up to a diverse package of entertainment for the cable subscriber are holding true to their niches. TLC obviously does not unless it wants to rename itself to THE LOSERS CHANNEL. WHy should I pay for this crap? Ala Carte programming should be available so i can boycott this crap.

Not only is this show in such poor taste, it seems extremely staged and makes Toddlers and Tiaras seem more documentary like by comparison. You know, they could have made a more serious and entertaining true life show on this topic. Maybe go into some historical trends. Stuff like that.

I wish nothing but the worst for the execs of this network.

chickieloveknit

chickieloveknit

Couch Potato

Posted Aug 16, 2013 @ 8:51 AM

No one caught the new episode?  Just as horrifically amazing as the last! 

The old coot who thought she was still so "rock 'n roll" was hard to digest.  She looks fit and relatively good for her age, but what is up with the 13 year old rebellious attitude?  That doesn't have to be part of a youthful outlook.  She was downright embarrassing.  Was I naive to think that the dinner introduction actually seemed somewhat realistic?  At the least his Mom seemed not to be prepared/in on the joke. 

The only couple I could maybe buy into was the engaged one (she was in her fifties, he was in his early twenties).     

Kat0121

Kat0121

Just Tuned In

Posted Aug 17, 2013 @ 12:29 PM

I saw it. It was another train wreck. Kathy (miss rock n roll) is the worst of them all. It is annoying that society turns a blind eye to men who go after women who are decades younger than them but then freaks out when it's the other way around. most of us women realize that being with someone that much younger than you makes you look older, not younger. these guys claim to be happy with these women but I hope that they have accepted the fact that they will never have children of their own without the assistance of a surrogate and I doubt these women would want babies at their age. I'm 43, widowed and my only child just started college. I'd want a little one running around my house like I'd want a gaping hole in the middle of my forehead. NO. DH was not a lot older than me, in case you were wondering.

beaglelove

beaglelove

Couch Potato

Posted Aug 17, 2013 @ 1:08 PM

I found this show by accident....I just can't fathom a younger-than-30-year-old guy hooking up with 76-year-old Hattie. She is spunky, I'll give her that, but she has the typical soft, wrinkly, saggy body that has made it to 76. I'm not seeing how that could turn a young guy on, but I guess there is a lid to every pot, or so I've heard, or at least if you're featured on a tv show.

I'd have to ask the same thing of old guys with young wives.  Old men have wrinkly, saggy, soft bodies too.  Some young women go for it. So who knows. 

That being said this show is ridiculous and scripted. TLC has really sunk to a low level.  All the interactions look so fake. 

A few of my friends are married, happily long term, to men 10 to 15 years younger.  A couple of the men knew they didn't want kids so that was a non-issue.  As far as a woman not being able to have children, well that can happen to young women too.  I would assume any couple would discuss the issue of children before marrying.

Now I want a show extreme old men dating young chicks.  I'm a woman in my early 50's and have no interest in a 75 year old.

Edited by beaglelove, Aug 18, 2013 @ 7:04 AM.