25-9: "Little Miss Perfect" 2012.11.14

This topic has been archived. This means that you cannot reply to this topic.

217 replies to this topic

TWoP Pembleton

TWoP Pembleton

Stalker

• Interests:Also known as Kim, one of your friendly recappers

Posted Nov 12, 2012 @ 9:18 PM

A priceless reward proves to be a life changing experience for some Survivors, and an original alliance is tested while an unlikely friendship threatens to sway the game.

SilentMinority

SilentMinority

Couch Potato

Posted Nov 14, 2012 @ 9:01 PM

And the hits just keep on coming.

I loved the order the votes were read. I think after that 4th vote for Penner, everyone at TC except Skupin was expecting Penner to go. Who would have expected Skupin and Lisa to split their votes? I still donít know how or why they didnít vote as a bloc, or why Ė even after the continuous verbal assaults from Abi Ė Lisa still feels any shred of loyalty to Tandang.

Skupin just smoked everyone in the IC. Did anyone else finish with more than 2?

vb68

vb68

Stalker

Posted Nov 14, 2012 @ 9:03 PM

Wow, after all that, Lisa still voted for Penner. Can't believe she and Skupin split.

When Abi was going on and on with her BS about Lisa being naive and gullible, I kept waiting for Lisa to bring up that she wasn't the one who needlessly told everyone that she'd had an idol.

Edited by vb68, Nov 14, 2012 @ 9:03 PM.

Proo

Proo

Channel Surfer

Posted Nov 14, 2012 @ 9:04 PM

It's a darn good thing I watched right to the end, because otherwise I would have presumed the 5th vote against Artis was Lisa, when it was actually Skupin. How the heck did that happen, and why didn't they show us?

katesus7

katesus7

Stalker

Posted Nov 14, 2012 @ 9:05 PM

And tonight continues our season long look into the psyche of Lisa.

And you know what? I'm kind of enjoying the hell out of it! Maybe because I still have a huge girl-crush on Blair, but I just found her conversation with Penner so interesting to watch. I could use maybe a little less of that, and a little more of other players I like, such as Denise and Malcolm, but so much better than crazy players being crazy for the sake of TV time like in the past few seasons.

Weird, though, that the whole show seemed set up for her to be the swing vote, and in the end it was Skupin. I'm assuming she knew how he was voting, and was still trying to save that loyalty card for herself.

But tonight's show should serve as a course. "Survivor 101: How to swing votes to your side". What to do? Everything Penner did and said tonight. What not to do? Everything Abi did and said tonight. She really is the worst. Loved her bitchiness at TC. Almost as much as RC did!

enlightenedbum

enlightenedbum

Fanatic

Posted Nov 14, 2012 @ 9:05 PM

Thank you Skupin, for at the very least pulling a Penner and letting cool people win.

Ideal boot order:

Pete/Abi, Carter, Lisa, Skupin, with Denise winning I think.

No idea what will happen. These people are unstable.

Haleth

Haleth

Fanatic

Posted Nov 14, 2012 @ 9:06 PM

Yeah, I had no idea who flipped, Lisa or Skupin, until the reveal at the end.

Ahhh, nothing more satisfying than a good blindside. Nothing against Artis, he was the least offensive of that tribe, but the easiest target. His face as the first and second votes for him were read was priceless. And at the same time Skupin was looking up like, "gee, do you think it might rain?"

RC looked smokin' hot in that dress.

Edited by Haleth, Nov 14, 2012 @ 9:09 PM.

Paws

Paws

Fanatic

Posted Nov 14, 2012 @ 9:07 PM

I'm happy with the outcome except that Artis was so much less offensive than Abi or Pete. He was even very gracious in his exit. But I'm so glad that the decent people have outnumbered the awful people. And, how cute was Malcolm? And, are he and Denise the new Colby /Tina? If so, watch out Malcolm.

Edited by Paws, Nov 14, 2012 @ 9:08 PM.

EvilApplesauce

EvilApplesauce

Video Archivist

Posted Nov 14, 2012 @ 9:07 PM

I already liked Penner, but now I'm straight up falling in love. His gorgeous eyes and voice, the gentle way he handled Lisa, playing with the children at the reward challenge ... oh, and Malcolm's confessional about working in Micronesia? Have my baybees, Malcolm!

To borrow from America's Next Top Model, Abi-Maria is quickly becoming the Cycle 6 Jade of Survivor. I love it.

What I'm not understanding is, why no one suggested flushing out Abi's idol?

ETA: Skupin being injured even when he was lying down. I can't, LOL.

Edited by EvilApplesauce, Nov 14, 2012 @ 9:09 PM.

Runningwild

Runningwild

Fanatic

Posted Nov 14, 2012 @ 9:08 PM

I love Lisa. I love that she still stuck with those jerks even after everything Abi said to her. She seems like a really nice person who has been through some rough times.

But I am thrilled beyond belief that Penner is still there. Love me some Johnny Blue Eyes.

BtvsVamp

BtvsVamp

Couch Potato

Posted Nov 14, 2012 @ 9:09 PM

I thought for sure it was 6-3 Artis or 5-4 Penner, no way did I expect Lisa and Skupin to not vote together. But glad they didn't because that made it an even better blindside! I still wasn't sure if it was Skupin or Lisa until they showed the votes. The episode seemed so focused on Lisa flipping and then Skupin is the one to do it haha.

I don't think Pete and Artis are that bad, they are just tied to the insufferable Abi and were guilty by association.

Shocked RC and Abi bitchface were two completely different but hilarious reactions.

Aunt Pearl

Aunt Pearl

Loyal Viewer

Posted Nov 14, 2012 @ 9:10 PM

Cool! Blow your stack Abi! What a look.

Artis storming off was cool, but he recovered nicely in his adios TH.

When Abi went off on Lisa, Petie's look was priceless.

Lisa, why did you vote for Penner? Maybe fool Abi into thinking you are loyal so you can blindside her. Maybe she is still goat shopping.

Another good episode. I would have like a little more time at the village, but there was a lot of other good stuff to fit in.

The Rewards are so much better than that dull, stupid Redemption Island crap.

Lantern7

Lantern7

Stalker

Lisa has gotta be the winner. Penner was right on the money about Survivor being a story. Granted, he was trying to get her not to vote for him, like a mongoose lulling a cobra into false security. It got to the point where I expected J-Penn to leave the Ace of Diamonds for Lisa to find at the voting urn, and for her to fall into a hypnotic state, muttering, "Must keep Penner in the game" over and over. But yeah . . . this season has felt like her story. She's gotten as much screentime as J-Penn and Mike, and I'm doubting either of the alumni will get the win.

Still wondering how Artis was a bad guy. Liked his gracious and funny parting words. He might get bitchy on Day 39, but he seems cool. But I'm glad he's gone, because Jonathan makes for a better character. Also, he was cute fooling around with the kids.

Still feel like I need a scorecard to tell who's who, alliance-wise. I do know that Abi is a fist-sized pill to swallow, and that's about it, bitch-wise. I did think it was funny that she wound up hitting Mike with a coconut. The man is a magnet for harm. Speaking of whom, I'm not hating him that much, as opposed to his Piglet Butcher Of The Outback days.

Denise still looks to be a force of nature. Laughed at Abi getting the Tarzan/Dan snub at the 4-on-4 Reward Challenge. And I think this might be the best season in quite some time. If either Mike or Jonathan win, or at least make it to Day 39, they will have earned it . . . as opposed to the red carpet treatment Rob got three seasons ago.

ETA: RC and Jeff were funny on the jury bench. This is a season where Eliza should be digitally inserted anytime there's a surprise development. The current jury can do shock, but not as good as her.

Edited by Lantern7, Nov 14, 2012 @ 9:12 PM.

Erratic

Erratic

Stalker

That was genius.

Last week, Lisa saved Skupin. This week, Skupin saved Lisa. He knew that Lusa was agonised about trading her loyalty, and they only needed one swing vote, so he allowed Lisa to show loyalty to the dead alliance.

Damn! I am loving this season so much!

GPBurdell

GPBurdell

Couch Potato

Posted Nov 14, 2012 @ 9:11 PM

Hey Abi Maria: "Grace isn't something you can pick up at the market"

No wonder Skupin has so many bruises. He is getting hit with rogue coconuts.

Edited by GPBurdell, Nov 14, 2012 @ 9:12 PM.

Haleth

Haleth

Fanatic

I think they were hoping Pete would play it.

How brilliant was it for Penner to pull out all the bags during the reward challenge? Loved the footage at the village although it looked like something Disney would have manufactured.

Edited by Haleth, Nov 14, 2012 @ 9:14 PM.

BlackieBear

BlackieBear

Video Archivist

Oh, that was so satisfying! Go Scupin! I was surprised that Lisa and Scupin did not vote together, I totally thought they would. So one more week for Penner. I think the longer I watch him on tv I'm starting to get a crush on him. The reward challenge was great, well, anytime there are cute kids, it's pretty great. Especially when they get a little of the culture and food.

ETA: I hope Malcom goes back to teaching!

Edited by BlackieBear, Nov 14, 2012 @ 9:15 PM.

Erratic

Erratic

Stalker

Also, for the first time this season, I really liked Artis. Shame it took his leaving speech to show his nice side.

PaulAllanJones

PaulAllanJones

Loyal Viewer

I just wish that Lisa wanted to tell a better story: someone who's grown up enough to not be crushed by the disapproval of vindictive and delusional imbeciles like Abi.

snoopythecat

snoopythecat

Channel Surfer

Posted Nov 14, 2012 @ 9:14 PM

I'm sooooo glad to see Denise finally get some screen time strategizing after spending the last couple of episodes somewhat in the background. Let the record show that she was the one who suggested voting for Artis because he was the one of the Terrible Trio least likely to be the beneficiary of Abi's idol.

And Penner's wooing of Lisa was brilliant, appealing to her sense of right and wrong by subtly pointing out that the world is going to see her as being loyal to the bad guys.

Nice job by Skupin on the immunity challenge. By the time he clinched it, nobody else was even close!

The whole reward sequence just touched my heart. Local children are as awesome in Survivor rewards as snickering locals are in Amazing Race tasks. And once again, the good guys won reward, although I felt bad for Lisa and Skupin being stuck back at camp with the Terrible Trio. When I realized Malcolm was one of the reward winners, my first thought was how appropriate, given his background working with kids in Micronesia, and I loved hearing him reflect on the experience. And Penner with the kids was just beyond cute!

I have to say I was impressed to see two of the Terrible Trio exhibit an iota of class, with Artis's exit speech and Pete's comment when casting his vote for Penner. Of course, we'll see what kind of juror Artis turns out to be. Jurors all the way back to Sue Hawk have been known to give classy exit speeches, only to stew in their own venom at Ponderosa and show up at FTC with an arsenal of poison darts for the finalists.

The look on RC's face when the final vote was read was just priceless! And you can tell already that Jeff Kent plans on being the Douchey McAsshole of the jury.

athena23

athena23

Couch Potato

Posted Nov 14, 2012 @ 9:15 PM

Like some of the rest of you, I was shocked to see that Lisa voted for Penner. Don't stay in a dysfunctional relationship, honey! I like you, I do, but for Jeebus' sake...

Penner continues to reaffirm my love for him. That man knows how to play this game. I even loved how he used the word "fulcrum" with them both and then reiterated in Tribal like it's a hypnotic code word.

Carter speaks? I did not know that was possible.

Also, was that a new immunity challenge? I don't remember seeing that one before.

All-around, awesome tribal, yet again. Hoping that Abi FINALLY lands in the grave she keeps digging for herself.

How brilliant was it for Penner to pull out all the bags during the reward challenge?

THIS! Yes, yes, yes.

Edited by athena23, Nov 14, 2012 @ 9:16 PM.

Oholibamah

Oholibamah

Stalker

Posted Nov 14, 2012 @ 9:15 PM

I just can't with this season. It is amazing! Not only have the last handful of episodes DELIVERED, but now the good guys are on top!? Yes, please!

I am counting the days until Abi is gone. She is a disgusting human being.

I LOVED Penner breaking the third wall with his rundown of how this season will be viewed by the audience. It aligns perfectly with how he played Cook Islands, and was a very convincing, cohesive argument. It's a shame it did nothing to sway her.

Really enjoying Lisa, but when the votes were read I was convinced it was her that had flipped. Come on, Lisa! Well played, Mike. This gives them more options on how to advance past F5. Had they stuck with Tandang much longer, The Trifecta of Suck may have turned on them sooner in order to prevent them from trying to flip at F7.

Jeff Kunt was especially irritating, even as a bystander. He looked so damn miserable and disinterested. Luckily RC is delivering on the jury front with her awesome reactions.

Second A+ episode in a row. Denise or Penner FTW!

Carter speaks? I did not know that was possible.

That, AND he actually had to explain something to Jonathan! I was shocked. Maybe Jeff was sucking out his braincells.

Edited by Oholibamah, Nov 14, 2012 @ 9:17 PM.

lleykian54

lleykian54

Couch Potato

Posted Nov 14, 2012 @ 9:16 PM

Artis' elimination was so blatantly forshadowed after the Immunity Challenge. I also loved how Pete knew immediately they were screwed when Abi opened her big mouth and called out Lisa. I too cannot believe Lisa did not switch after all this but good for Skupin for seeing the real writing on the wall.

I believe that's why they went for Artis. The plan was that they figured Abi might be motivated to play the idol for Pete because they would assume they would go after him, since they did last week. So that would flush the idol and it would be pointless because the votes were for Artis.

Edited by lleykian54, Nov 14, 2012 @ 9:19 PM.

Diana Berry

Diana Berry

Fanatic

Posted Nov 14, 2012 @ 9:17 PM

Maybe Skupin told Lisa he would take the fall for this vote.

sienna gold

sienna gold

Fanatic

Posted Nov 14, 2012 @ 9:17 PM

Jonathon is safe. I am very happy about this.

I'm not sure how I feel about Lisa's dilemma. While I understand the loyalty card, when the loyalty card means you are going to finish 4-5, and swapping means you are really looking good... move. It's not your job to have someone else win the money, it's your job to win it for yourself.

And WOW Skupin, way to go. Thank you for saving Jonny Blue Eyes for me.

I now want Abi in the finals. I would love to see her final tribal speeches.

DanyE

DanyE

Video Archivist

Posted Nov 14, 2012 @ 9:20 PM

I thought Penner was screwed until the last vote. Yay Skupin.

D'ya ever notice that Penner's voice sounds like Alan Alda?

Abi would be a maroon if she wasn't such a bitch.

Skycatcher

Skycatcher

Fanatic

Posted Nov 14, 2012 @ 9:22 PM

I'm really enjoying Lisa, her scruples, her moral dilemmas, her personal growth as a "people pleaser". As for her loyalty, I'll bet Abi tears her a new one when they get back from TC*. That ought to send Lisa screaming to the other alliance! I wonder if Skupin will reveal that he was the one who flipped.

*Based on the way Abi treated RC when she thought RC was the one who "betrayed" her. NO matter how much RC protested her innocence, Abi refused to believe her. It'll be the same way with Lisa.

Edited by Skycatcher, Nov 14, 2012 @ 9:26 PM.

riley702

riley702

Fanatic

D'ya ever notice that Penner's voice sounds like Alan Alda?

It's been noted repeatedly throughout each of his appearances in this game. :)

JudyObscure

JudyObscure

Fanatic

Malcolm must be one of the nicest guys to ever play the game. He didn't even seem to hesitate on forgiving Lisa.

Loved the Shake n' Bake reward challenge as well as the IC with Skupin winning. My underdog Carter did well, too, and spoke a whole coherent sentence, bless his heart.

EvilApplesauce

EvilApplesauce

Video Archivist

Back because I completely forgot about Abi's bitchface during the reward challenge. What has life done to you to make you such a miserable woman?

Thanks Haleth for your explanation upthread, it makes total sense and I'm pretty sure they mentioned it in the episode, it just didn't sink in for me. Proof that I play Survivor better from my couch!