Secretly Pregnant

• Please log in to reply

18 replies to this topic

tinabee

tinabee

Couch Potato

Posted Nov 9, 2012 @ 3:57 PM

Wow...just....wow. This show is sobering. Many of the women who are secretly pregnant got knocked up by the same loser that did it to them before. On the one hand, I feel for the women concerned. On another, I think, "Why didn't you get a tubal, or a Copper T IUD"?

ljohnson2006

ljohnson2006

Fanatic

Posted Nov 9, 2012 @ 5:12 PM

This show is very interesting. I can't believe the lengths that these women go to, to hide their pregnancies. No one is ever really disowned from their families for getting knocked up, and keeping it a secret.

tinabee

tinabee

Couch Potato

Posted Nov 9, 2012 @ 5:56 PM

The episode with the Mom of three boys, the youngest under two, didn't tell the older kids she was pregnant until she was 6 months. She was sooo obviously showing. Her own Dad and the babies' Dad were just straight up no good losers. I really felt bad for her, because her teenaged sons felt betrayed. Fortunately, they came around when their youngest brother was born, but can you say cheated out of a childhood? If she obviously knew she was that fertile, she should have done somthing about it.

Pomone

Pomone

Fanatic

Posted Nov 9, 2012 @ 6:05 PM

Yeah, I gave this show a chance, based on how much I love "I Didn't Know I was Pregnant". This show is much more intense, because it seems like if you are keeping your pregnancy secret, it is for a damn good reason.

On the other hand, I'm glad this show exists, only because I don't know how some of these people would tell their loved ones if they didn't have this show.

The episodes where the women don't want to reveal a second pregnancy because they already have one child and live at home, and have no job just seem like really bad situations that kind of bum me out.

The bikini model who didn't want to tell anyone, and swore she would never tell her model friends must have forgotten that she was going to be on TV. A better way to do hide the fact that you had another child would be not to go on this show.

aliyameadow

aliyameadow

Fanatic

Posted Nov 9, 2012 @ 6:29 PM

I was wondering when this show would show up. While the families don't disown them, it appears that many of the fathers do, or at least they leave the picture.

The woman who had a 2nd by the married guy, what was she thinking?

sereion

sereion

Fanatic

Posted Nov 9, 2012 @ 9:30 PM

Okay what day, time and channel does this show air?

tinabee

tinabee

Couch Potato

Posted Nov 9, 2012 @ 10:23 PM

Something makes me think they run episodes on DISC Health at 10pm EST on Sunday.

Emilyanne

Emilyanne

Channel Surfer

Posted Nov 9, 2012 @ 10:24 PM

The show is on Discovery Fit & Health. New shows are on Thursday night at ten. One woman had five boys and was going for a girl with number six even though her Mom was helping financially. I'm sorry but I laughed when she found out she was having another boy.

tinabee

tinabee

Couch Potato

Posted Nov 9, 2012 @ 10:27 PM

The good thing is, her family ended up being supportive in the end. Her Dad was even teary. I just hope she saves clothes for a while. At least with all of those boys, she won't have to worry about hand me downs.

SpruceGirl

SpruceGirl

Loyal Viewer

Posted Nov 23, 2012 @ 1:17 AM

I watched this show tonight for the first time and wondered.........what reason do they give the families and friends for the TV cameras following them around? On "Intervention" they give the addicts some story that they are doing a study on addicts or something.

And if family and friends truly are "in the dark" about the pregnancy, they can't say what they'd really like to because all America (or at least the few of us) will be watching.

tinabee

tinabee

Couch Potato

Posted Nov 25, 2012 @ 7:53 PM

Yes, it would be interesting to know how they get the families involved. Most of them suspect the woman in question is pregnant, anyway so some of the reveals are kind of anticlimactic.

Forty years old and preggo by a kid who's not even 20, yet? That whole situation was just one hot mess. And, to top it off, he was someone she worked with. Meanwhile, she's a single Mom to two other kids who are not much younger than the baby daddy. I'd like to know how drunk she was when she crawled into the sack with him. Really.....there's no way she could have been sober. Then, she gets him a job which he ends up losing partly because of his obvious immaturity, then he gets locked up and as icing on the cake, she tries to bail him out. I thought to myself, "Grow a spine, lady!". No Dad around at all would be a thousand times better than that punk.

The 31 year old blonde lady that lived with her folks ended up having THE most beautiful little boy. He was just perfect. I am glad her hot tempered Dad took the situation a whole lot better that she thought. Hopefully, it will mellow him down some so he isn't so OCD.

tany1819

tany1819

Couch Potato

Posted Nov 26, 2012 @ 6:58 PM

Oh yay there is a thread for this show!

I stumbled upon this by accident and this show is like a car wreck, I can't turn away!

The lady who had 5 boys and wanted desperately to have a baby girl made me sick. So you mean to tell me you are literally broke and can't even take care of the 5 kids you have now but you really think having another kid is cool...because you want a baby girl? I'm sorry but...no.

I'm sure I'm going to hell but her tearfully trying to smile at the sonogram photo of baby boy number six made me laugh.

I forced my dad to watch this with me during the Thanksgiving marathon and he noticed that most of the pregnant mom's were scared to tell the people who would actually be financially supporting the child, like their parents or spouses.

Becks

Becks

Loyal Viewer

Posted Nov 28, 2012 @ 3:41 AM

Like others, I stumbled across this show and can't stop watching, even though I frequently want to shake the boneheadedness out of the participants.

Most of them suspect the woman in question is pregnant, anyway so some of the reveals are kind of anticlimactic.

I'll take it a step further and say that most of those on the receiving end of the reveals seem to have already been informed of the pregnancy beforehand, off-camera. The people in question are not good enough actors to convincingly pull off the shock and surprise intended - they sound like third-graders reciting their lines in the school play. I also think that if we were seeing all 'true' reveals, there'd be quite a bit more cursing and super-angry reactions.

The one that drove me absolutely insane was Amy, the immature 40-year-old with eight kids who found herself pregnant with her ninth at the same time her 20-year-old daughter was also expecting. Only the youngest of her children was living with her - the rest had been farmed out to their respective dads (I got the impression that they were received grudgingly by them) and some of her teenagers were actually out on their own, all because she couldn't afford to keep them with her. Her financial troubles were such that one month she found she couldn't afford her birth control, and whoops - there was baby #9. (I don't suppose abstaining until she could afford BC again occurred to her.) For some reason she was utterly fixated on what her pregnant daughter's reaction would be - and the pregnant daughter's main concern seemed to be that her thunder was being stolen, since their pregnancies were only about a month apart. Nobody seemed terribly bent out of shape about the rest of the kids, whose childhoods have been so dramatically affected by their mom's poor decision-making. Her husband appeared to be somewhat younger than she, and he barely spoke throughout the entire episode. One wonders what in the hell he was thinking of, making another baby with this woman. I suspect he's not much of a thinker.

It is interesting how rarely public assistance is mentioned on the show, though given the circumstances depicted for many of the women, they must surely be receiving some. A deliberate move by the producers?

ShaNaeNae

ShaNaeNae

Fanatic

Posted Nov 9, 2013 @ 12:09 AM

Did anybody watch this this past week when TLC was rerunning it last Monday night?  I never saw it when it was originally on, a year or two ago.  I just finally caught up on the episodes I had recorded Monday night (conflicted with DwtS).  I wish they'd show this during the day more than stupid bridal shows that are a dime a dozen.  I know pregnancy/child rearing shows are right behind in being a dime a dozen as well, but I really enjoyed these episodes.

I just can't get over the reasons for having more babies when you shouldn't have more.  "I wanted my kids to be close in age".  Well, I wanted my kids to be born with a free college tuition just for being born,  but that's just not happening.  Life isn't fair.  Like the one white girl who had a baby 2 years ago when she was a teenager with her black boyfriend.  Then they broke up for a year, he knocked up another girl, but now they're back together.  While his ex-girlfriend is expecting. And he doesn't have a job except to wash a car here and there for $20.  So what does girlfriend #1 do but get pregnant because she wanted siblings close in age.  No.  You didn't want the ex-girlfriend to be special with hers and his newborn.  Admit it.

I won't even go there with the 40 year old mom expecting #9.  Because of the recession, she couldn't afford birth control pills one month and magically got pregnant that month.  She has a slew of 3 or 4 ex-husbands and a couple of kids with each.

I'd love to see the one the poster before me mentioned.  Trying for #6 because you want a girl.  Because that kind of stuff pisses me off generally.  Be happy with what you've been blessed with.  Boy or girl.  Enjoy them as the precious beings they are.

WhitneyWhit

WhitneyWhit

Fanatic

Posted Nov 9, 2013 @ 12:22 AM

Some of the women on this show truly piss me off. They admit they're in a position where having a child ( or in some cases, another child) is a terrible idea, yet they have such a "what can you do?" attitude.

Like the one white girl who had a baby 2 years ago when she was a teenager with her black boyfriend.  Then they broke up for a year, he knocked up another girl, but now they're back together.  While his ex-girlfriend is expecting. And he doesn't have a job except to wash a car here and there for $20.  So what does girlfriend #1 do but get pregnant because she wanted siblings close in age.  No.  You didn't want the ex-girlfriend to be special with hers and his newborn.  Admit it.

That whole thing was trashy, and I wanted to slap everyone involved. I  just can't see getting involved with a man when another woman is carrying his child, just seems like a lot of drama waiting to happen. And I agree with you, she didn't want another baby so she could have kids close in age, she wanted to stick it to his ex.

ZaldamoWilder

ZaldamoWilder

Video Archivist

Posted Nov 12, 2013 @ 7:14 PM

Did anybody watch this this past week when TLC was rerunning it last Monday night?  I never saw it when it was originally on, a year or two ago.  I just finally caught up on the episodes I had recorded Monday night (conflicted with DwtS).  I wish they'd show this during the day more than stupid bridal shows that are a dime a dozen.  I know pregnancy/child rearing shows are right behind in being a dime a dozen as well, but I really enjoyed these episodes.

I just can't get over the reasons for having more babies when you shouldn't have more.  "I wanted my kids to be close in age".  Well, I wanted my kids to be born with a free college tuition just for being born,  but that's just not happening.  Life isn't fair.  Like the one white girl who had a baby 2 years ago when she was a teenager with her black boyfriend.  Then they broke up for a year, he knocked up another girl, but now they're back together.  While his ex-girlfriend is expecting. And he doesn't have a job except to wash a car here and there for $20.  So what does girlfriend #1 do but get pregnant because she wanted siblings close in age.  No.  You didn't want the ex-girlfriend to be special with hers and his newborn.  Admit it.

I won't even go there with the 40 year old mom expecting #9.  Because of the recession, she couldn't afford birth control pills one month and magically got pregnant that month.  She has a slew of 3 or 4 ex-husbands and a couple of kids with each.

I'd love to see the one the poster before me mentioned.  Trying for #6 because you want a girl.  Because that kind of stuff pisses me off generally.  Be happy with what you've been blessed with.  Boy or girl.  Enjoy them as the precious beings they are.

Hows about if you have 8 children and cannot afford the birth control necessary to prevent conception of the 9, stop. fuckin.

Edited by ZaldamoWilder, Nov 12, 2013 @ 7:18 PM.

ShaNaeNae

ShaNaeNae

Fanatic

Posted Nov 12, 2013 @ 7:43 PM

Hows about if you have 8 children and cannot afford the birth control necessary to prevent conception of the 9, stop. fuckin. 

Exactly!  You aren't currently being protected?  Tell her husband to keep his loaded gun to himself this month.

StephInMN

StephInMN

Couch Potato

Posted Nov 13, 2013 @ 3:04 AM

I believe she was in Kansas, no? Kansas, like pretty much every state, has special Medicaid especially for birth control. And they also have Planned Parenthood in Kansas, despite what some are led to believe. Also, condoms? Free at Planned Parenthood.

She played fast and loose with birth control because she didn't care if she got pregnant, obviously. SHE isn't going to be raising the kid-her eventually ex-husband will be.

ETA: I somehow missed the Bethany trainwreck.(The one whose baby daddy had another baby on the way) She MARRIED the guy. Her mom must have completely lost her stuff over that. I hate to sound mean here, but the other girlfriend STILL one-upped her, as she had the son.

I liked the other couple, and she was what, 36? I mean...like her mom said, she is a grown woman. She was 19 the first time around, so completely different scenario.

Edited by StephInMN, Nov 13, 2013 @ 4:56 AM.

ShaNaeNae

ShaNaeNae

Fanatic

Posted Nov 21, 2013 @ 10:47 PM

And they also have Planned Parenthood in Kansas, despite what some are led to believe. Also, condoms? Free at Planned Parenthood.

Exactly.  Somehow I knew that at 17 and didn't have a car.  I hopped on a city bus and got over there and got on the pill.  My mom wasn't one of those understanding, let's have a girls night and tell her who I'm having sex with, BFF kinda moms.  I knew she'd get me on the pill if I went to her, but she'd also kick my ass first.  So next plan.  Let your fingers do the walking and get to Planned Parenthood.

She played fast and loose with birth control because she didn't care if she got pregnant, obviously. SHE isn't going to be raising the kid-her eventually ex-husband will be.

You hit the nail on the head.  I think it was more of a "this guy will love me and pay attention to me if I'm carrying and birthing his baby.  He'll love me more and it'll be soooo cute if we have a human made from both of us".  Then things go sour and she's moving on to the next man, spreading her legs once more.

I hate to sound mean here, but the other girlfriend STILL one-upped her, as she had the son.

Heh.  I can just see her responding to that with, but I had the daddy's little girls.  I've got friends like that.  Life only revolves if they have a girl (which makes no sense to me having 2 boys).  She ruled the shit.  Again, why are 2 women practically fighting over him?