3-4: "Killer Within" 2012.11.04

• Please log in to reply

476 replies to this topic

TWoP Tennison

TWoP Tennison

TWoP Moderator

Posted Nov 4, 2012 @ 1:04 PM

The group is severed, placing lives in jeopardy; Merle has a request for the Governor.

Mod Notes:

To make discussions easier for your fellow posters to follow, please keep things on topic. Discuss speculation, previews, and past episodes in other threads. Brief mentions of past episodes that are relevant to this episode are fine, but take serious discussion elsewhere.

Do not post comics spoilers or any other spoilers in here -- even with spoiler tags.

Edited by TWoP Tennison, Nov 5, 2012 @ 9:36 AM.

Doom

Doom

Stalker

Posted Nov 4, 2012 @ 10:02 PM

Holy Shit. Lori's dead, T-Dog's dead, the baby is here, the episode was nuts, WOW. I just...wow.

Starchild

Starchild

Couch Potato

Posted Nov 4, 2012 @ 10:02 PM

What the fuck just happened?

quietthinker

quietthinker

Loyal Viewer

Posted Nov 4, 2012 @ 10:03 PM

Oh my gosh. I have no idea what to say after this. This show has completely changed from seasons 1 and 2. This was was emmy-worthy. The entire episode was insane from start to finish. I really don't even know where to begin discussing this. I'll let you all get the ball rolling. But that was absolutely incredible.

Tiznowbaby

Tiznowbaby

Video Archivist

Awww, man, are you kidding me? T-Dog gone? Damn.

AimingforYoko

AimingforYoko

Stalker

Well, T-Dog lasted a lot longer than anybody figured. I didn't see Lori coming, though.

bosawks

bosawks

Fanatic

Posted Nov 4, 2012 @ 10:04 PM

I don't know what I'm more shocked about that I really felt bad for Carl or that the idea of Merle & Andrea doesn't make me want to vomit.

Tandemonium

Tandemonium

Couch Potato

YESSSS!!! Everything in the world is right again.

I'm sure everyone else at the end was just sad and mourning only T-Dog.

CarpeDiem54

CarpeDiem54

Couch Potato

T-Dog! Carol! Noooooooooooooooooo!!!!

Lori! Yeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeees!!!!

Gotta hand it to Carl.

Wow, I didn't see any of this coming.

I don't understand the layout of this damned prison at all...

SDcat2009

SDcat2009

Stalker

Wait, so they killed off Lori and T-Dog?? Boo for T-Dog and yay for Lori. But until I see her cold dead body I won't believe it.

And poor T-Dog I should have known when they gave him lines he was dead.

I tried to defend Andrea but she's awful.

ETA: Also to add that Andrew Lincoln broke my heart, and sold me on his grief, even if I think it's premature.

Edited by SDcat2009, Nov 4, 2012 @ 10:08 PM.

ronathan

ronathan

Couch Potato

Well, I think T-Dog gets the award for "Absolute Worst Way For a Major Character to Go Out". Yikes.

Maxymama

Maxymama

Stalker

I won't believe Lori's dead until I see her body. After all of the violence the show has portrayed on camera, why not her death?

I don't care about Michonne, the Governor, Blondie, Merle. What a waste of air time.

Bye T-Dog! It was nice to hear your voice for a bit though.

Edited by Maxymama, Nov 5, 2012 @ 1:43 PM.

ThatPoshGirl

ThatPoshGirl

Stalker

When Carl said "She's my mom" I couldn't stop laughing. All I could think of was the Kids in the Hall Old Yeller sketch.

Poor T-dog. What a crappy way to go. And we don't even know what has happened to Carol. Hopefully that won't be in vain.

So the Governor makes googly eyes and Andrea and she decides to stay. *sigh*

irishmaple

irishmaple

Fanatic

I got nothing. The show just ripped my heart out and stomped all over it.

JOnanGoopta

JOnanGoopta

Fanatic

Posted Nov 4, 2012 @ 10:05 PM

Wow. Just wow. Amazing episode.

mustbekarma

mustbekarma

Fanatic

Dammit. I hate when my allergies act up, and during a fucking zombie apocalypse, to boot. Lori and little Carl just broke my heart. I haven't cried this hard since Old Yeller died.

I won't believe Lori's dead until I see her body. After all of the violence the show has portrayed on camera, why not her death?

I don't think I could have stood to see Carl shoot his own mother in the head. I think the sound of the bullet was convincing enough. That was such an effective scene where an understated approach was better than blood and guts, particularly since I saw Lori's belly get sliced open and the baby pulled out.

Edited by mustbekarma, Nov 4, 2012 @ 10:09 PM.

LetsGoPens

LetsGoPens

Loyal Viewer

Holy shit.

Really pissed about T. Way to go out in a blaze of glory, though. More character development in 30 seconds than in the last two seasons put together.

I'm not upset Lori is gone. Her death itself didn't affect me. I'm shocked they did it. But Maggie's reaction? Fucking heartbreaking. I haven't reacted to a show like that in a long time. That upset cry where you start shaking.

I'm just glad Hershel's ok.

Carsy11

Carsy11

Loyal Viewer

Posted Nov 4, 2012 @ 10:06 PM

I am sort of stunned right now.

VindicatedLies

VindicatedLies

Loyal Viewer

Posted Nov 4, 2012 @ 10:07 PM

Carol's not offically dead right? Last we saw she ran out the door?

I can't believe I actually care about Carol; this show has really turned around.

Edit: But don't think we didn't notice that you replaced one black dude with another black dude AMC!

Edited by VindicatedLies, Nov 4, 2012 @ 10:10 PM.

BtvsVamp

BtvsVamp

Couch Potato

Posted Nov 4, 2012 @ 10:08 PM

Craziness tonight. I think Lori is dead, but I guess you never know. I don't see how she could be alive or why Carl would pretend like he shot her just so we'd see zombie Lori the next episode. He wouldn't want that.

T-Dog noooooo and where the fuck did Carol go?

2 deaths in one episode, didn't see that coming at all tonight.

Frau Blucher

Frau Blucher

Channel Surfer

Just what exactly do they plan on feeding that baby? As far as I can tell, no one has a pair of functioning breasts, and I doubt there's a stash of formula in that prison...

*headscratch*

Mathilda

Mathilda

Couch Potato

I am so pissed they killed off T-Dog! Carol, fine, though I think we all know that idiot is still alive. But T-Dog?! T-Dog was cool and useful. Even after being bitten by a walker he was more badass than most people. He was one of my favorites. I am so so so so so mad.

Okay, Lori dying was a bit more emotional than I thought it would be. I may have even gotten a little teary-eyed. She's another tough one, telling someone to cut her open. But this is where I come down as firmly pro-'save the life of the mother'. I'm not sure what their options were so maybe it's all pointless anyway, but feeding the kid is going to be an issue. Meanwhile an adult woman? Kind of handy. How long does formula keep, anyway? Would they be able to scavenge anyway? Poor Maggie, having to cut someone open and save a baby. I'm not sure I could have done it, not without damaging the kid.

In other news: Andrea really is an idiot.

bosawks

bosawks

Fanatic

Posted Nov 4, 2012 @ 10:09 PM

I should have known we were screwed when the episode started with the laugh about Glenn & Maggie "coming".

And whoever sabotaged the prison certainly knew what they were doing with regards to the deer carcass and getting their attention, not to mention having a wicked good throwing arm.

keepwalking

keepwalking

Loyal Viewer

I was never a huge fan of Lori, but I teared up with what happened. That scene with her and Carl hugging. Then I just lost my shit at the end when Rick found out. I never thought this show would make me shed a tear.

I was so upset about T, too!

CarpeDiem54

CarpeDiem54

Couch Potato

And we don't even know what has happened to Carol.

At the end they found her by T-Dog. She's gone, too. :-(

Doom

Doom

Stalker

This was was emmy-worthy. The entire episode was insane from start to finish.

I agree. There were a lot of great scenes, great lines. I liked when T-Dog's answer was "neither". I hated them trying to make Merle seem like he's an okay guy, it was just the drugs talking, but I can stand it for now because I like them playing him against the twitchy-faced governor.

My favorite scene was the prison labyrinth. It was just like scenes from "Aliens". And with Gale Anne Hurd on both projects, it's more than a coincidence. She really likes having people navigate a dark labyrinth with monsters chasing them and a loud siren blaring, doesn't she?

I was mad when T-Dog got bit and the "god" stuff sent him toward 'magical' territory, but helping save the victim of domestic violence who saw her only daughter turn into a zombie and be shot in the head - that is a good way as any to go off of a show.

hamsammich229

hamsammich229

Video Archivist

Wow, I feel like everything is upside down. I hate Comics!Michonne and like Comics!Andrea and am completely backwards with their tv versions. I hope Carol gets away alive. I hope Michonne escapes from very stupid oblivious Andrea. I hope Merle can find Daryl. I hope they let the two prison guys join them. So shocked that Lori and T-Dog are dead.

ETA, oh yeah and the Woodbury parts are sooooo boring. Oh my word, I just realized the episode title was referring to Lori's baby.

Edited by hamsammich229, Nov 4, 2012 @ 10:13 PM.

Kaijin

Kaijin

Couch Potato

Posted Nov 4, 2012 @ 10:10 PM

That was a completely unexpected turn of events. Especially Lori. And Andrea, could you maybe not tell the people you only vaguely know everything ever? I bet she was the kind of person that gave out her bank account for some Nigerian princes. Jeez. Stop thinking with your downstairs brain.

visenya6

visenya6

Couch Potato

Posted Nov 4, 2012 @ 10:10 PM

What the fuck just happened?

A TV moment that scarred me for life, that one is for sure.

Carol better survive this. I can't take any more deaths after this episode.

I'm actually shocked that the killed the wife. I mean, Lori was a self-admitted shitty wife, but she was still his wife.

*ETA: I'm still shaking, how can you handle all this?

Edited by visenya6, Nov 4, 2012 @ 10:13 PM.

Bentley

Bentley

Couch Potato

Posted Nov 4, 2012 @ 10:11 PM

I'm on a second watch to be sure of this, but isn't Carol's scarf being found a red herring? IIRC, T Dogg sacrificed himself so she could make a run for it.

I'm afraid of what this is going to do to Carl. Something in him seemed to have changed there at the end.

I wonder when things have settled down if Rick is going to absorb the fact that not directly killing that one prisoner when he had a chance was a big part of losing some of his group.

Looks like I was right about the two prisoners being added as the rest of the cast is decimated. Wow. That's quite a few changes to absorb for episode 4.

I should have known when there was a brief moment of happiness over Hershel's recovery. Brief moments of happiness are always followed by a lifetime of grief.

On the Rick/Daryl friendship tip, I loved Rick's turning to Daryl for the final decision as to whether to take the two prisoners into the group. No words required, just Daryl shaking his head no. Also loved Daryl's understanding the prisoners and feeling for them, but still not wanting them in the group.

Edited to add, for those who thought Andrea was playing the governor to get more info and is as skeptical as Michonne about Woodbury...NOPE. She's just a foolish woman caught up in a silly flirtation.

Edited by Bentley, Nov 4, 2012 @ 10:14 PM.