The Cast In Other Roles: Boo!

• Please log in to reply

39 replies to this topic

KermitD.Frog

KermitD.Frog

Fanatic

Posted Dec 17, 2013 @ 11:30 AM

I forgot she was in American Gothic! I found it for free on IMDb. I loved that show! Although it took me awhile to see past the sheriff's Lumbergh exterior, lol

Edited by KermitD.Frog, Dec 17, 2013 @ 11:30 AM.

MDKNIGHT

MDKNIGHT

Fanatic

Posted Jan 9, 2014 @ 8:38 PM

Lily Rabe will be playing Lyme in Mockingjay, the next Hunger Games sequel.  That should be interesting. 

KermitD.Frog

KermitD.Frog

Fanatic

Posted Jan 9, 2014 @ 9:03 PM

I'm having a brain fart. Who was Lyme in the books?

Pippin

Pippin

Fanatic

Posted Jan 10, 2014 @ 12:21 AM

I remember Sarah Paulson from American Gothic very well.  That show had, IMO, one of the best pilots I've ever seen.  Sarah's "Someone's at the door" creeped me out big-time.  I also remember her turn in L&O.

She also appeared for a brief but memorable turn in the Firefly movie, Serenity.

I recently saw an old episode of Law & Order where Francis Conroy played an ex-nun charged due to an exorcism gone wrong.  She was quite good.  (It's fun to watch L&O and see all these great actors before they hit the big time.)

Edited by Pippin, Jan 10, 2014 @ 12:21 AM.

MDKNIGHT

MDKNIGHT

Fanatic

Posted Jan 14, 2014 @ 4:31 AM

Lyme was a Victor who becomes a commander in the rebel forces. 

KermitD.Frog

KermitD.Frog

Fanatic

Posted Jan 14, 2014 @ 10:44 AM

Thanks, MKNIGHT. :) The third book doesn't hold in my memory as much as the first two, for some reason.

mintjellyfish

mintjellyfish

Channel Surfer

Posted Jan 15, 2014 @ 11:27 PM

A District Two Victor in fact. Was known for her strong-willed personality and masculine appearance I believe. Canon and fanon tend to swirl together sometimes. It's a small role, but the producers may boost it up for the movies.

lulee

lulee

Stalker

Posted Jan 19, 2014 @ 11:12 AM

USAToday listed the man clasping hands with Julia Roberts as "unidentified attendee", but isn't that Denis O'Hare (Spalding this season)? He was in Dallas Buyers' Club which was up for Best Cast and he and Julia were both in Charlie Wilson's War, so they're probably acquainted.

Maybe they talked about Spalding defiling her niece's corpse.

Edited by lulee, Jan 19, 2014 @ 11:13 AM.

Loveee

Loveee

Loyal Viewer

Posted Jan 19, 2014 @ 12:01 PM

Yes that is indeed Denis O'Hare.

lulee

lulee

Stalker

Posted Mar 3, 2014 @ 12:03 AM

Sarah Paulson was up on stage with the rest of the 12 Years a Slave folks when it won the Best Picture Oscar.