Homeland Speculation: May Contain Spoilers

• Please log in to reply

14 replies to this topic

iggypop123

iggypop123

Video Archivist

Posted Oct 8, 2012 @ 1:58 AM

With regards to Saul: He won't be dead next episode, and from what i have gathered he's alive until episode 11. After that i do not have any info. Not saying he dies, there just inst any concrete info out there

Edited by TWoP Lockley, Oct 8, 2012 @ 1:18 PM.
moved from episode thread, no spoilers necesasry

Chavin

Chavin

Couch Potato

Posted Oct 8, 2012 @ 2:36 AM

On Saul, per IMDB:

Saul (MP) is in 24 episodes, same as Carrie (which makes it all the way through all 12 episodes of Season 2.
So, hopefully Saul makes it and it will be interesting as to how/what they are going to do with this newly discovered information.

Edited by TWoP Lockley, Oct 8, 2012 @ 1:18 PM.
moved from episode thread, no spoilers necesasry

TWoP Lockley

TWoP Lockley

TWoP Moderator

Posted Oct 8, 2012 @ 1:05 PM

Starting this thread for spoilerish speculation. As we go along, if it feels like we need to create another thread for pure speculation we can do that too.

No need to use spoiler tags in this thread. Thanks!

SunnyBeBe

SunnyBeBe

Couch Potato

Posted Oct 9, 2012 @ 9:52 AM

Do we have any real proof that the reporter who has contacted Brody really is who she says she is? What if she's actually a double agent and is working top secret for the CIA? That would explain why they allowed him access to the top secret meeting and to text the warning? And that would explain why she had the combination to the safe. I hesitate to believe everything is as it appears.

unclewiggly

unclewiggly

Video Archivist

Posted Oct 11, 2012 @ 1:59 PM

Do we have any real proof that the reporter who has contacted Brody really is who she says she is? What if she's actually a double agent and is working top secret for the CIA? That would explain why they allowed him access to the top secret meeting and to text the warning? And that would explain why she had the combination to the safe. I hesitate to believe everything is as it appears.

Roya knows about Brody's past as a fixture in Abu Nazir's household, and specifics about his relationship with Issa (including Brody's gift of a slingshot, and Issa's fear of crows that inspired it) -- if the CIA already knew about that, its ahrd to believe they'd have allowed Brody's movements to date (especially a congressional career); and why would they be wasting money and risking agents and assets as try are with Saul and Carrie et al if they had a direct source like Brody?

More likely the Roya character is just poorly conceived and written, which is a shame.

Edited by unclewiggly, Oct 11, 2012 @ 2:00 PM.

dcsassychica

dcsassychica

Loyal Viewer

Posted Oct 14, 2012 @ 6:46 PM

I don't think the video is damning enough to kill over. At least nothing we've seen from the tape is damning.

albaniantv

albaniantv

Couch Potato

Posted Oct 15, 2012 @ 2:01 AM

Unclewiggly--agree that Roya is written poorly so far. I am surprised because it seems she would be a key figure, there to transmit messages between Nazir and Brody and keep things moving, must be important in her own right. But her script sounds like some Hollywood version of a "beeyoutiful spy" and then she asks David Estes out, and we know nothing about that meeting. Feels cheesy but it must be important.

By the way is Unclewiggly from the Mary Poppins book?

jcoop13

jcoop13

Video Archivist

Posted Oct 18, 2012 @ 7:35 PM

Here is an article from Vulture magazine speculating what might be in store for Brody in future episodes:

Nick Brody and his future shenanigans

It's obviously intended to be satire.

Gironbachs

Gironbachs

Channel Surfer

Posted Nov 13, 2012 @ 12:54 PM

I don't know if David Estes is in on the whole thing, but the one thing I will bet on,is he will somehow deliberately sabotage the entire mission somehow.

Notsure

Notsure

Loyal Viewer

Posted Oct 2, 2013 @ 8:46 PM

Saul is the mole that was giving information to Abu Nazir.  He is never there when the bombs go off.  When the CIA was attacked, he was on the ship mourning the death of Abu Nazir.  He wanted Carrie to go with him to the ship, since he knew it would save her life by being away from the attack.  He ran out of the lie detector session when they asked if he knew about razor blade that was slipped to the detainee.  The final nail in the coffin is that he knew Carrie was absent for 14 hours after the attack and has never shown the slightest interest in finding out what she was doing, even after she totally lied at the hearing and said that she was lying unconscious in the bathroom. He knows exactly where she was.  He has no interest in finding out how Brody got out of the country or where he is.  Otherwise, he'd be following every possible clue, starting with the elephant in the room -- Carrie.  The CIA attack both eliminated Saul's enemies and advanced him to the top spot.  That's way too convenient.  Yeah, Saul is the mole.

rapscallion

rapscallion

Just Tuned In

Posted Oct 6, 2013 @ 10:30 PM

Have we seen Dar Adal interact with anyone other than Saul? Could he be in Saul's head?

SunnyBeBe

SunnyBeBe

Couch Potato

Posted Oct 8, 2013 @ 10:57 AM

rapscallion

Just Tuned In

Posted Oct 6, 2013 @ 11:30 PM

Have we seen Dar Adal interact with anyone other than Saul? Could he be in Saul's head?

I watched the parts with him again and he does not interact with anyone, but Saul, though it appears that Carrie sees him.  Recall she referred to him and looked his way when she stormed into the restaurant to confront Saul for betraying her.  But the others at the table did not look at him.  I wonder why.

He was in the meetings with Saul and others, but people don't seem to see him.  I'm not sure why the directors have done it this way, but I think it's really bizarre.   

Even if it turns out that he is real, the show is playing it up that he isn't real.  This reminds me of the movie A Beautiful Mind.  Why are they doing this?

I discovered that this guy interacted with Quinn last season.  I'll going to check it out.  But, still, it's odd to portray him that way, IMO.

Edited by SunnyBeBe, Oct 8, 2013 @ 3:04 PM.

mag32gie

mag32gie

Video Archivist

Posted Oct 12, 2013 @ 1:23 PM

Saul is the mole that was giving information to Abu Nazir.  He is never there when the bombs go off.  When the CIA was attacked, he was on the ship mourning the death of Abu Nazir.  He wanted Carrie to go with him to the ship, since he knew it would save her life by being away from the attack.  He ran out of the lie detector session when they asked if he knew about razor blade that was slipped to the detainee.  The final nail in the coffin is that he knew Carrie was absent for 14 hours after the attack and has never shown the slightest interest in finding out what she was doing, even after she totally lied at the hearing and said that she was lying unconscious in the bathroom. He knows exactly where she was.  He has no interest in finding out how Brody got out of the country or where he is.  Otherwise, he'd be following every possible clue, starting with the elephant in the room -- Carrie.  The CIA attack both eliminated Saul's enemies and advanced him to the top spot.  That's way too convenient.  Yeah, Saul is the mole.

This is exactly how I feel, all of the 'Saul is the moral center of the show" is just boring and takes away the suspense. Everything has pointed to Saul all along. What would not be boring is for Carrie to start suspecting Saul and watch that play out. Anything but "Saul is perfect" and can't be the "mole" which was said to be "not important" later after they had half the viewers racking their brains trying to figure out who the mole was.

Edited by mag32gie, Oct 12, 2013 @ 1:26 PM.

am1994

am1994

Couch Potato

Posted Oct 12, 2013 @ 3:25 PM

I'm not sure that this is the correct thread, but we will now be able to listen to Nicholas Brody talk about himself after Sunday's episode.  Mods, if this is not the right place for it please let me know.

I like this idea!

HuffPost

After the Sunday, Oct. 13 episode of "Homeland," viewers can download a free 30-minute audio story read by "Homeland" star Damian Lewis on Audible.com.

Texas Gal

Texas Gal

Couch Potato

Posted Oct 14, 2013 @ 9:18 PM

So I'm guessing that Quinn has connections with the guys in Venezuela, and they are holding Brody until Carrie is recovered enough that Quinn can make it look like she brought him in.