Spoilers and Spoiler Discussion

• Please log in to reply

535 replies to this topic

TWoP Nikita

TWoP Nikita

TWoP Moderator

Posted Oct 7, 2012 @ 10:39 PM

This is the thread for posting and discussion spoilers.

For right now, since the pilot is available online but hasn't aired yet, this is where discussion the pilot episode should take place.

CTMSW

CTMSW

Couch Potato

Posted Oct 8, 2012 @ 7:53 PM

I'm so grateful that they didn't make Reyna a complete Mary Sue. Her kid is probably her guitarists...

meowrr

meowrr

Couch Potato

Posted Oct 9, 2012 @ 9:01 PM

I watched the pilot and liked it. I'm just confused about all the guys that Hayden/Juliet? slept with- I think it was almost every male in the pilot, lol. Can no one just say no to Juliet? I'm ready to have all the characters sorted out- it seemed like they introduced a boatload of characters.

Not sure how I feel about Connie Britton/Rayna(?). So many issues- aging, hubby, daddy, etc.

Agree with a comment I read somewhere that "Nashville" is what "Smash" was trying to do. Maybe "Nashville" seems more realistic because of better lead talent? I guess that discussion belongs in another yet-to-be-named thread.

Irlandesa

Irlandesa

Fanatic

Posted Oct 10, 2012 @ 12:57 AM

I watched the pilot and liked it. I'm just confused about all the guys that Hayden/Juliet? slept with- I think it was almost every male in the pilot, lol.

She was flirty with many but I think she only slept with two (unless I missed one). One because she just had a crappy phone call with her mother and the other because she genuinely seemed to be a fan of his work. But since she's a big mega star, I can believe that she could get men to at least be willing to do a one night stand with her, especially if they're otherwise unattached.

Agree with a comment I read somewhere that "Nashville" is what "Smash" was trying to do. Maybe "Nashville" seems more realistic because of better lead talent?

Maybe but I like a lot of the talent on Smash and Smash's pilot was also quite decent, although it did show danger signs of what eventually ate up the show. Smash pretty much made its 'root for' character someone like Scarlett. Scarlett was just there looking pretty. She had some talent but she hasn't really shown any signs of ambition so far. Now, if Nashville suddenly turns her into a mega star by the end of the season with every other character solely existing to prop up her talent, then Nashville will have the same issues as Smash.

But I didn't see a hint of that in the pilot and it's why I think I enjoyed it so much. The show mainly focuses on two ambitious women. They both seem to understand their business and are always thinking of ways to improve their future. That leads them to show some not so stellar qualities at times. While Juliette was definitely more of a bitch, I don't feel they went over the top with it. They kept it within the realistic realm of a young star being pampered pretty early on and the kind of somewhat high school attitude that can ingrain. And while Rayna is definitely getting the most perspective so we understand her, there have been hints that not all is rosy in her past. There was obviously the hint one of her daughters might not be her husbands but I also felt her little tantrum about not going to her husband's announcement wasn't attractive.

So if Rayna is triumphant but the end of the season, it won't be because things just happen to her but I trust Nashville will show us just how hard she'll work and who she'll use to get back on top.

Blimpie123

Blimpie123

Channel Surfer

Posted Nov 11, 2012 @ 9:42 PM

I saw this synopsis of "Lovesick Blues" set to air 11/28:

"Lovesick Blues" - Marshall Evans continues to pressure Rayna and Juliette to collaborate at an event at the Ryman theater, Teddy is forced to reveal the truth to Rayna when Peggy's desperation hits its peak, and in an effort to move past her failed relationship to Avery, Scarlett finds herself closer to Gunnar, on "Nashville,"

Not to get too excited but WOO HOO, sounds like the show is re-centering on Rayna/Juliett collaborating, which IMO is a plus. I like it already.

kia112

kia112

Fanatic

Posted Nov 14, 2012 @ 1:18 PM

Us Nashville residents just got a casting call to be extras down at Bridgestone Arena next week for an all day concert shoot - the concert is Rayna's and Juliette's. Also, it's supposed to be in San Diego. Unfortunately, I can't be there, but if some friends go, I'll definitely find out what happened.

slasherboy

slasherboy

Couch Potato

Posted Nov 14, 2012 @ 10:33 PM

I've been an extra in several scenes for "Nashville" and am really enjoying seeing all the behind-the-scenes stuff. Here's what they're filming now.

A couple of days ago I was an extra at the wedding of Juliette and Sean in Belle Meade. Fancy schmancy. Then more rehab and a scene in a Texas prison.

Irlandesa

Irlandesa

Fanatic

Posted Nov 14, 2012 @ 11:35 PM

Wedding? Why are they marrying off Juliette?

slasherboy

slasherboy

Couch Potato

Posted Nov 15, 2012 @ 2:17 PM

These were our instructions about what to wear:

Nov 12, 2012 Juliette and Sean's Wedding

Wedding Guests:

You will need to be very well dressed in outfits that would be appropriate for a wealthy church congregation attending a celebrity wedding. You will need to bring three outfit options and wear your best one to facilitate a speedy morning. You need to have your clothing options in your hand when you check in...don't leave them in your car!

Men: Bring your nicest suits. If you have suit color choices please bring 2-3 choices with navy, charcoal grey and black being ideal. Bring dress shirts ties in a variety of colors and also black dress shoes and a dress belt (or brown if that's what best matches your suit). A nice sport coat and dress slacks would also work. NO jeans. NO sneakers.

Ladies: We want you to "dress to the nines" so to speak. This is a proper, Belle Meade day time wedding. Really nice Sunday dresses, matching or coordinating jackets, sweater sets and skirts, blouses and skirts and blazers, comfortable heels and dress shoes, elegant/monied looking jewelry (pearls, diamond studs, conservative looking costume jewelry). Muted fall colors are ideal so do NOT bring only black clothing. Please. A variety of colors and styles of clothing is ideal...bring three complete outfits and wear your best one. No need to bring a ton of shoe options, just a nice neutral pair that will work with what you're bringing. Also bring if you have a small neutral clutch or handbag that matches your clothes.

Teens and kids: the youthful equivalent of the above. No jeans, no sneakers. Your nicest Sunday clothes. Dresses for the girls, suits if you have for the boys and if not then slacks/khakis and dress shirts. Lots of options are welcomed.

vera charles

vera charles

Fanatic

Posted Nov 16, 2012 @ 12:24 PM

Who is Sean?

Runningwild

Runningwild

Fanatic

Posted Nov 16, 2012 @ 12:48 PM

Sean is the QB we just met. I presume he's supposed to play for the Titans? So he's kinda Jake Locker/Tim Tebow.

Blimpie123

Blimpie123

Channel Surfer

Posted Nov 16, 2012 @ 9:32 PM

Woah! Juliette and QB marry? Is she pregnant? Because this sounds shotgun.

vera charles

vera charles

Fanatic

Posted Nov 16, 2012 @ 10:13 PM

I posted the question before I saw the latest episode, because I figured she must be marrying someone we had already seen or who at least had been mentioned. I watched it this evening and, good grief, they just met this week! Any clue as to how much time will have passed before the wedding?

Edited by vera charles, Nov 16, 2012 @ 10:14 PM.

slasherboy

slasherboy

Couch Potato

Posted Nov 21, 2012 @ 1:08 AM

Sorry, but I don't know the answer to any of your questions. Wish I could help!

I know there are prison scenes and rehab scenes coming up.

gpgurl50

gpgurl50

Loyal Viewer

Posted Nov 21, 2012 @ 6:32 PM

I'm hoping for a dream sequence.

Ohmo

Ohmo

Fanatic

Posted Nov 25, 2012 @ 2:04 PM

Whether the wedding scene is a shotgun situation, a publicity marriage, or something else, I want it to be an actual event, not a dream. I agree that Sean is supposed to be a Tim Tebowesque character, but I actually like Sean more than Tebow. Sean has an innocent quality about him like Tebow, but Sean comes across as genuine and earnest to me in a way that Tebow does not in real life. I always think that it's an act with Tebow, but I don't feel that way about Sean. I buy that this is the way that he is, and whether the wedding is a sham or not, I think Sean brings out a genuine quality in Juliette that I think she normally buries very deep in order to protect herself. I don't know if that means that they'll become a couple (or even if I want that), but I know I want Sean to be in Juliette's circle in some capacity.

gpgurl50

gpgurl50

Loyal Viewer

Posted Nov 29, 2012 @ 3:20 AM

I'm hoping Juliette doesn't rush into this marriage just to keep him since it looks next week like his family doesn't approve. Another possibility is she thinks she's pregnant with Deacon/Randy's baby and tries to hop into bed with him quick.

Still pulling for the dream sequence.

cosmom

cosmom

Fanatic

Posted Nov 29, 2012 @ 3:29 PM

Sounds like the quickest way to get him in the sack.

gpgurl50

gpgurl50

Loyal Viewer

Posted Dec 5, 2012 @ 1:09 AM

From TVGuide:

Wednesday's midseason finale features big developments for several of the show's romantic pairings. Look for at least one breakup, a long-awaited kiss, a proposal and an (accidental?) overdose. Love is a crazy thing!

I'm thinking the breakup is probably Gunnar/Hailey when Gunnar kisses Scarlett. The proposal will probably be Juliette/Sean. I was thinking Deacon might overdose when he thinks Rayna is staying with Teddy in the wake of his affair but now I think the overdose might be Coleman based on one of Lamar's crazy schemes? Though maybe Peggy will freakout and try to kill herself once the "affair" gets out?

Edited by gpgurl50, Dec 5, 2012 @ 1:10 AM.

amycheetah

amycheetah

Video Archivist

Posted Dec 6, 2012 @ 12:04 PM

Does anyone know if Sean and Juliette go through with the ceremony? I sure hope he sticks around for awhile though we know it won't last forever. Plus, the mother in law will hate it, all the better!

Edited by amycheetah, Dec 8, 2012 @ 5:01 PM.

lulu6258

lulu6258

Just Tuned In

Posted Dec 18, 2012 @ 3:30 PM

Today, they were filming outside a downtown Nashville hotel with a crowd of extras screaming for Rayna and Juliette. There were police barricades and police cars with "Chicago PD" lettering/signage and I saw Connie and Hayden get out of an SUV and head into the hotel. This has been going since early this morning and I assume it is a scene that is part of the tour the two will inevitably head out to do together since "Wrong Song" was such a hit. :)
Working in downtown Nashville very near the Ryman, I have seen several setups over the past few months, but the first time I've actually seen any of the principals. I think the tour could get the story away from the politics and focused on the music, so yay. And I say that as a NOT fan of country music, but I prefer the musical intrigue to the political.

gpgurl50

gpgurl50

Loyal Viewer

Posted Dec 27, 2012 @ 6:52 PM

The new episode description from TVGuide:

Lamar brings up some deeply buried family secrets when Rayna considers taking her daughters on tour. Meanwhile, Juliette and Sean get mixed reactions regarding their elopement; Deacon reunites with a former love; and Avery distances himself from Scarlett and the band.

It seems like Juliette and Sean might go through with it the first episode back. Deacon has yet another former love. Also, I guess Lamar is actively going to be keeping Rayna from her children now?

slasherboy

slasherboy

Couch Potato

Posted Dec 27, 2012 @ 10:26 PM

Today, they were filming outside a downtown Nashville hotel with a crowd of extras screaming for Rayna and Juliette.

I was an extra in that scene and yes, we started very early. Our call time was 5:30 a.m.

You said you saw Rayna and Juliette get out of the SUVs and go into the hotel ..... sometimes those were their stand-ins and sometimes those were the actual actors. Before they went into the hotel, they came over to the crowd to sign autographs. Deacon was there also.

They handed out CDs, Juliette's hard-cover "biography", and autograph books for us to wave at the characters. I don't know if you saw it, but sometimes we really yelled and screamed and other times we had to do all the motions but silently. Also, they told us to dress in hats, coats, gloves, and scarves as though we were in Chicago during the winter.

At 12 noon the church bells started ringing so the director yelled, "CUT!" After they stopped he yelled, "ACTION!" then the bells started again, and gonged 12 times. "CUT!" By now the actors and crew were laughing and fake moaning and groaning about the interruptions. Finally, the gongs were over and, "ACTION!" and unbelievably, the church bells started playing "Amazing Grace". "CUT!"

The guy who plays Deacon lost it, laughing and yelling (all in fun) and dancing around. It was really funny. The director decided this was a good time to break for lunch.

After the outside scenes they filmed some inside the hotel with the characters walking and talking. Other extras played patrons of the hotel walking around the lobby, but I wasn't involved in this.

Other extras were the Chicago cops holding back the crowd, the bellhops, the big burly security guys, the photographers, and the ladies' glam squads. I would have thought these people were paid actors, pre-determined, but nope, they were just other extras who showed up that morning with no idea what or who they would be playing.

That was Episode 12.

TWoP Nikita

TWoP Nikita

TWoP Moderator

Posted Dec 27, 2012 @ 11:52 PM

Episode descriptions aren't spoilers. Those can be discussed in the Speculation thread.

Blimpie123

Blimpie123

Channel Surfer

Posted Jan 19, 2013 @ 9:25 PM

I just read this article that says Juliette's father "Ozzy" is coming on..interesting since he has never come up before. Poor Juliette, though, he sounds like another disappointment, all told.

http://www.eonline.c...-arrow-and-more

The interesting bits are that:

A new man is coming into Juliette's life: her mother's sober companion. Viewers will meet the charming and charismatic Ozzy later this season when Juliette's fresh out of rehab mom comes to stay with her. Though she's initially hesitant to listen to him, Juliette eventually starts to open up to the seemingly genuine Ozzy.

Edited by Blimpie123, Jan 19, 2013 @ 9:38 PM.

fffaw

fffaw

Fanatic

Posted Jan 20, 2013 @ 11:25 PM

A sober companion is someone who helps keep an addict on the straight and narrow. That doesn't mean that Ozzy is Juliette's father - it's not a companion in the romantic sense.

Blimpie123

Blimpie123

Channel Surfer

Posted Jan 21, 2013 @ 10:21 AM

Ooops you're right. Ozzy may not be Juliette's father, I was linked to the article from another one that called him her "father".

Edited by Blimpie123, Jan 21, 2013 @ 10:23 AM.

zumpie

zumpie

Fanatic

Posted Jan 21, 2013 @ 4:04 PM

Though she's initially hesitant to listen to him, Juliette eventually starts to open up to the seemingly genuine Ozzy.

I just hope he IS genuine and cool----and not all twelve steppy judgey on poor Juliette. Cause I could so easily see him psychobabbling on her and practically turning her mom's addiciton back on her.

molshoop

molshoop

Video Archivist

Posted Jan 29, 2013 @ 11:37 AM

I've read that Rayna is going to ask Teddy for a divorce and he agrees. I'm happy to see movement on the stalled marriage, but don't know how it will play out regarding custody of the girls.

calidub

calidub

Fanatic

Posted Jan 29, 2013 @ 6:02 PM

“NASHVILLE” – “There’ll Be No Teardrops Tonight” – Rayna finds comfort in the arms of an old friend after revealing to Daphne and Maddie her plans to divorce. Juliette is invigorated by the response to her new sound and takes steps to reinvent herself -- against the guidance of her management. Things are looking up for Scarlett and Gunnar when Rayna makes an offer to sign them to her label. While their hard work begins to show signs of success, Avery struggles to find his old sound and is forced to consider an attractive offer, on “Nashville,” WEDNESDAY, FEBRUARY 13 (10:00-11:00 p.m. ET). Kimberly Williams-Paisley guest stars as Peggy.

The "old friend" is Deacon, right? RIGHT? Awww yeah! Possible Rayna/Deacon "comfort" aside, that first sentence alone has me so excited for this episode. Divorcing Teddy? And telling the kids so quickly? YES. Can't wait!