2013 Academy Awards

This topic has been archived. This means that you cannot reply to this topic.

1206 replies to this topic

vb68

vb68

Stalker

Posted Apr 21, 2013 @ 11:11 AM

Deadline now retracts their original news story and says Seth has gotten and is mulling the offer to host next year.

Edited by vb68, Apr 22, 2013 @ 3:21 PM.

King Cat Sam

King Cat Sam

Fanatic

Posted May 21, 2013 @ 4:38 PM

Seth's schedule will not allow him to take the gig next year. He recommends Joaquin Pheonix to take his place.

Ohwell

Ohwell

Fanatic

Posted May 21, 2013 @ 7:20 PM

He's joking, right?

vb68

vb68

Stalker

Posted May 26, 2013 @ 9:31 PM

I would think so.  I can only see Joaquin Phoenix making James Franco look good.  Well almost good at any rate.

King Cat Sam

King Cat Sam

Fanatic

Posted May 27, 2013 @ 10:49 AM

That's the charm of Seth, as demonstrated at his last hosting gig, you were not always quite sure if that was a joke or a meant as a truth. Kept you wondering instead of tuning out.

robroy

robroy

Couch Potato

Posted Jun 3, 2013 @ 9:18 PM

Ughhh- this gig seems to suck the life out of everyone.  And every entertainment reporter waiting all of 10 seconds to declare them all duds can't help.

I thought Baldwin/Martin did as well as anyone.  Crystal was probably the best I remember but he was obviously the right person at the right time.  I think he would be a little stale if you trotted him out for an encore.

I thought Seth would be fine but whoever rights the skits needs to be shot.  The early ones were fine, the music numbers drug on and that ending song/dance bit just layed an egg.

The best advice I've heard is to dim the lights so the celebrities won't be seen laughing at one another & ignore the in house audience entirely since their sensibilities are so diferent than anyone viewing.  In the end I think a large part of the night is dependent on the winners delivering interesting speeches & the also rans having a sense of humor.  Meryl Street two years ago and Michael Caine the year he beat all the leading men who ended up in the supporting category are two that worked well.  Anne Hathaway and Sean Penn- deserving winners but real duds. 

King Cat Sam

King Cat Sam

Fanatic

Posted Jun 5, 2013 @ 10:00 PM

http://www.goldderby...tm_medium=email

He wasn't asked but would consider hosting if there were no strings attached.