Notes from the Mod: READ BEFORE POSTING

• Please log in to reply

55 replies to this topic

HollaMcDollar

HollaMcDollar

Couch Potato

Posted Dec 14, 2012 @ 10:08 PM

I’m OK with either, but perhaps leaning a bit towards Hallelujah’s suggestion…

bcharmer

bcharmer

Fanatic

Posted Dec 15, 2012 @ 1:30 AM

"Eeny, Meeny, Miny, MOLE!"

(just kidding)

albaniantv

albaniantv

Couch Potato

Posted Dec 15, 2012 @ 2:44 AM

Hallelujah's is good--go with it!

mdem

mdem

Loyal Viewer

Posted Dec 15, 2012 @ 5:01 AM

ETA: deleted my post, just saw the new thread

Edited by mdem, Dec 15, 2012 @ 5:02 AM.

TWoP Lockley

TWoP Lockley

TWoP Moderator

Posted Dec 19, 2012 @ 1:24 AM

I'm closing the Spoiler thread for now since it will be a while before we have concrete spoilers again. For the time being we can discuss in the Media and Spec threads.

TWoP Lockley

TWoP Lockley

TWoP Moderator

Posted Dec 21, 2012 @ 8:18 PM

I'm feeling very full of holiday cheer today and wanted to take a moment to say something to you all. My job is to be very nit-picky and you mostly only hear from me directly when I've found something wrong to talk to you about, and it occurred to me you all probably don't know how much I really enjoy these threads and all your posts.

And I appreciate so much that you are overall very respectful of one another and driving the conversation forward with intelligent thought. It's really cool and I thank you.

Happy holidays!

stillshimpy

stillshimpy

Stalker

Posted Dec 24, 2012 @ 1:33 PM

Happy holidays!

And to you :-) May the season bring you and all of us many reasons for good cheer.

Milburn Stone

Milburn Stone

Fanatic

Posted Dec 24, 2012 @ 9:45 PM

What stillshimpy said.

braggtastic

braggtastic

Stalker

Posted Dec 29, 2012 @ 11:57 AM

Very sweet, Lockley. I think Homeland is a complex, adult show that inspires complex, adult conversations.

Layla17

Layla17

Couch Potato

Posted Dec 31, 2012 @ 2:37 AM

Happy new year Lockley. Thanks for keeping us on track and hope to see you back here next year.

mdem

mdem

Loyal Viewer

Posted Jan 5, 2013 @ 6:00 AM

Happy New Year and very best wishes Lockley, as well as to everyone else :)

TWoP Lockley

TWoP Lockley

TWoP Moderator

Posted Feb 12, 2013 @ 9:50 PM

Hi everybody! Just wanted to say welcome back, sorry for the malware issues and please use our tech forum to report anything we should know about.

In the meantime, thanks for sticking with us!

PhilMarlowe2

PhilMarlowe2

Fanatic

Posted Mar 26, 2013 @ 10:22 PM

Would it be reasonable to start a thread for discussion of anything related to "Prisoners of War?" I just finished watching the first season on hulu, and would love to have a place to discuss both the program itself and also how it compares to "Homeland."

TWoP Lockley

TWoP Lockley

TWoP Moderator

Posted May 10, 2013 @ 3:10 PM

I've unlocked the spoiler thread. Please keep all discussion of credible spoilers up in there. Thanks!

Inquisitionist

Inquisitionist

Stalker

Posted Sep 10, 2013 @ 12:05 PM

Just curious why the original, pre-forum thread is still open, especially since the forum also has a General Gabbery thread.  Might be time to close the old one?  It looks weird to have the first unread thread in the Homeland forum be titled simply Homeland.  :-)

TWoP Lockley

TWoP Lockley

TWoP Moderator

Posted Sep 11, 2013 @ 7:40 PM

Yes that is weird! I can merge that into the General Gabbery thread.

easy e

easy e

Couch Potato

Posted Sep 11, 2013 @ 8:46 PM

Where would be the best place to talk about features on the DVDs/Blu-Rays?  Things like deleted scenes or featurettes.

TWoP Lockley

TWoP Lockley

TWoP Moderator

Posted Sep 17, 2013 @ 11:24 PM

Ah sorry I missed this! Having marked as read issues. Feel free to start a thread for talking about DVD features. Lots of forums have that and it works well for keeping the conversations organized. 

Instead of having a General Gabbery thread for each season, like we did with Season 1 and 2, let's have an All Seasons thread. I renamed the original Homeland thread to become that, since it's already pretty populated with general thoughts from before the show had its own forum. This can be a place to talk about the show on a more meta level and examine plotlines and show attributes that span multiple episodes.

Edited by TWoP Lockley, Sep 17, 2013 @ 11:24 PM.

Pallas429

Pallas429

Fanatic

Posted Oct 23, 2013 @ 8:43 AM

Would you be be willing to re-name the Season 3 episode 4 thread to reflect the episode title, GAME ON?  Thank you!

Inquisitionist

Inquisitionist

Stalker

Posted Oct 23, 2013 @ 2:39 PM

Ditto on Pallas429's request above.  The current thread title looks so... stark.  Thanks!

TWoP Lockley

TWoP Lockley

TWoP Moderator

Posted Oct 24, 2013 @ 9:50 AM

Of course! I must have just glazed right over it, I didn't even notice the episode title wasn't in there. (Been spending too much time modding Dancing With the Stars I guess, which has no episode titles, just dates.)

TWoP Lockley

TWoP Lockley

TWoP Moderator

Posted Nov 14, 2013 @ 5:20 PM

I started a new thread for Speculation, with spoilers. Please keep the old thread free of spoilers for those who don't want to know.

The spoiler thread itself does tend to get a little speculatey..speculateish (?) as we discuss official spoilers. And that's fine. But if you find yourself riffing in depth on any and all possibilities a spoiler might bring forth, take that to the Speculation WITH Spoilers thread.

Thanks!

Kirsty

Kirsty

Couch Potato

Posted Nov 28, 2013 @ 11:20 AM

A long post of mine has vanished from the Specualtion Without Spoilers thread. I checked the rules relating to spoilers before I wrote the post, to make sure I put it in the right thread. My post linked to and discussed officially released sneak peeks of the next episode that are used to promote the show, which I understood to fall outside of what TWoP considers a spoiler.

If sneak peeks are spoilers while previews aren't, you should make that clear. Add it to your list of examples of spoilers, because those little clips that go up on YouTube the week before the episode airs are pretty standard. And at the moment it's totally unclear.

I'm only guessing that my post was deleted for this reason, though. Maybe it was moved? Surely a Mod would have moved it to a more appropriate thread instead of hitting delete? But I don't see it anywhere. And surely a Mod who had taken either course would have left some note or explanation somewhere. Maybe the forum was hit by a natural disaster that wipes out random posts.

TWoP Lockley

TWoP Lockley

TWoP Moderator

Posted Dec 1, 2013 @ 8:11 PM

I hid your post until I could confirm with the Mod boss about it. Officially sneak peeks aren't spoilers but a few of your fellow posters reacted with aversion to so much upcoming detail from in your post and I was mulling the idea of making an especially strident spoiler policy specific to this thread, but with input from other mods I've decided to keep things in line with the general site spoiler policy. I restored your post and made a note about in the Spec thread.

Edited by TWoP Lockley, Dec 1, 2013 @ 8:12 PM.

Kirsty

Kirsty

Couch Potato

Posted Dec 2, 2013 @ 4:11 PM

For Chrissake, that's shite moderation. You're supposed to enforce the site's rules, not penalize the poster who follows them. You should have a better reason than indecision for making a post disappear. And I shouldn't have to come here to ask you if my post fell down a hole; you should have explained what you were doing at the time. And you haven't restored the post. It's still "hidden".

I would have written this in a personal message instead of in a public post on the forum, but (according to the site) you haven't read the brief query I sent you about this via the site's messaging system when I first noticed that my post had gone missing. So I've no reason to think that you would read another message.

TWoP Lockley

TWoP Lockley

TWoP Moderator

Posted Dec 4, 2013 @ 1:58 AM

It wasn't a penalty and you shouldn't view it that way. If I had deleted it all together that would have sucked, and I specifically did not want to do that. I hid it because two of your fellow posters specifically reported your post as something they did not think should be in that thread and so until I got some feedback on what to do with it I hid it to protect people from reading something that might be construed a spoiler. Keeping people unspoiled who want to be is important to me, to us, and it should be to you as well.  I was actually trying to preserve your thoughts rather than discard them, so there's no need for the above vitriol. There never is really, nothing is personal with me. 

I actually didn't realize it was still hidden. My intention was to unhide it at the same time I posted my note in that thread about what is and is not a spoiler a couple of days ago. I have been fighting a wicked cold and modding on cold medicine and must have just forgotten to click the button. I'm human. It happens. Your thoughts are intact. 

And yes, I did in fact miss your PM, for which I apologize. For some reason I didn't have that little icon showing there's something new in my message box, so I have not clicked on it but I just checked and there are some new messages for me. Weird glitch maybe. I will reply now and we can continue to have this conversation via PM. 

Edited by TWoP Lockley, Dec 4, 2013 @ 2:47 AM.