Spoilers and Spoiler Discussion

• Please log in to reply

652 replies to this topic

TWoP Lockley

TWoP Lockley

TWoP Moderator

Posted Sep 28, 2012 @ 1:09 PM

Starting off with a thread for spoilers AND discussion of them. No need for spoiler tags in this thread. Do not post spoilers anywhere else in the Homeland forums.

Inquisitionist

Inquisitionist

Stalker

Posted Sep 28, 2012 @ 4:57 PM

Not terribly spoilerish, but the NY Times reports:

Carrie, booted out of the C.I.A., is back in her sister’s house, tending the vegetable garden, fragile and on edge; Brody is a congressman, with aides, patrons and lobbyists in tow, and his children in private school in Washington.

Saul (Mandy Patinkin), formerly Carrie’s mentor, is now in the field for the C.I.A., and despite everyone’s misgivings about her sanity, Carrie is called back to help out in an intelligence emergency, an assignment that puts her on the streets of Beirut in the midst of a crisis.

And that return to guns, decoy cars and safe houses is exhilarating. Some of the creators of “Homeland” are veterans of “24” and adept at action. The writing also values inaction. A few of the show’s most exciting moments unfold in the minds of characters sitting idly at desks or in parked cars.

I've been wondering how they'd get Carried back into action. This sounds fairly plausible. The last paragraph above makes me feel optimistic!

Quandary

Quandary

Channel Surfer

Posted Sep 29, 2012 @ 11:44 AM

Have seen some allusions to a monstrous cliffhanger at the end of the second episode.

tinybaby

tinybaby

Channel Surfer

Posted Oct 1, 2012 @ 12:50 PM

At the end of the second episode, Saul is going through some things Carrie was able to pull from the informant's home (which Carrie ran in to search as they were picking the informant up to extract her to the US) and finds the tape the Brody made at the end of Season 1.

iggypop123

iggypop123

Video Archivist

Posted Oct 9, 2012 @ 12:07 AM

Spoilertv has some detailed things from the show, the the one that caught my attention was Carrie is held hostage by Nazir and something bad happens to or between Dana and the Vice Presidents daughter.

ClairdeLune

ClairdeLune

Video Archivist

Posted Oct 9, 2012 @ 11:58 AM

The "next time on Homeland" clips showed that reporter woman telling Brody "he is only man who know your secret" and then - what we saw before - Brody tackling someone in the woods and washing off the blood on his shirt. Does this mean Brody somehow kills Saul?

sonkie23

sonkie23

Just Tuned In

Posted Oct 9, 2012 @ 1:54 PM

The "next time on Homeland" clips showed that reporter woman telling Brody "he is only man who know your secret" and then - what we saw before - Brody tackling someone in the woods and washing off the blood on his shirt. Does this mean Brody somehow kills Saul?

Based on the photos that have been released for the next episode, it seems that the person Brody is tackling in the woods is the tailor. Apparently, he's now on a watchlist and in danger of being discovered and he clearly knows Brody's secret so is the logical target.

Inquisitionist

Inquisitionist

Stalker

Posted Oct 9, 2012 @ 2:03 PM

SpoilerTV has two clips from the next episode, each about a minute long, here. The first confirms waht sonkie23 says, that the "one man who knows your secret" is the tailor in Gettysburg who made the suicide vest.

slowpoked

slowpoked

Fanatic

Posted Oct 9, 2012 @ 2:27 PM

Spoiler from EW re: the disc Saul saw:

“Saul comes back to let everybody know — and let Carrie know, in particular — that what drove her to her breakdown was wrong and that she was actually right,” he says. “The second season doesn’t really begin until episode 3. Episodes 1 and 2 were, in a way, a preamble to the rest of the season.”

<snip>

Also next week? There’s blood on someone’s hands (literally), Jessica gets a chance to shine, and Saul once again wows by being two steps ahead of his peers and the audience.

http://insidetv.ew.c...d-spoiler-room/

I'm glad the vindication comes earlier, because I don't want to go through the entire season having that secret disc that could save Carrie just being held onto for dramatic license.

Edited by slowpoked, Oct 9, 2012 @ 2:31 PM.

Amester0120

Amester0120

Fanatic

Posted Oct 9, 2012 @ 2:32 PM

And Saul is listed in the episode descriptions for future episodes, so I don't think he's going anywhere.

lucarel

lucarel

Channel Surfer

Posted Oct 9, 2012 @ 4:38 PM

Big spoilers ahead!

While Brody meets with Vice President Walden, at another location Ahmed types commands into his computer for Walden's defibrillator (or is it a pacemaker?), and Walden has a fatal heart attack. Afterwards, Ahmed calls Abu Nazir to tell him it's done. Meanwhile, 35 miles outside of Arlington, Carrie is running down a road, trying to flag down a passing car or truck. A truck stops, and Carrie steals the driver's phone and runs away, calling Saul. She tells Saul that Abu Nazir is is an abandoned mill. Before Saul can leave the building with Quinn, Virgil, and Galvez, he's intercepted by 2 men who hold him for questioning downstairs, and when Saul tells them to call Deputy Director Estes, one man tells Saul that Estes is already aware of the situation.

Source: SpoilerTV

http://www.spoilertv..._medium=twitter

Wow, just wow!!!
This is about episode 10 BTW.

Edited by lucarel, Oct 9, 2012 @ 5:46 PM.

toogoodtobetrue

toogoodtobetrue

Video Archivist

Posted Oct 9, 2012 @ 5:54 PM

Who is Ahmed?

Banannah

Banannah

Loyal Viewer

Posted Oct 9, 2012 @ 6:36 PM

Ahmed is one of Nazir's operatives.

Estes is getting dirt on Saul and using his power as Saul's boss to do so.

I *think*, though I'm not sure, that they turn Brody into an asset and Carrie into his handler. Doesn't sound like Brody is a very good asset, though.

tinybaby

tinybaby

Channel Surfer

Posted Oct 9, 2012 @ 9:17 PM

SpoilerTV has two clips from the next episode, each about a minute long, here. The first confirms waht sonkie23 says, that the "one man who knows your secret" is the tailor in Gettysburg who made the suicide vest.

Yes, it is the tailor. Brody is ordered to transfer the tailor to a safe house. Along the way, the tailor escapes, Brody chases him into the woods and ends up killing him. Meanwhile, Jessica does the fundraiser solo and gives a nervous, rambling speech that is for some reason wildly praised by everyone. Carrie is shut out of her own debriefing, which demoralizes her to the point of attempting suicide. At the end, Saul shows up to show her Brody's video, vindicating her at last.

iggypop123

iggypop123

Video Archivist

Posted Oct 10, 2012 @ 12:19 AM

The name of the 10th episode is "Broken Hearts". My initial thought was oh it has to do with Brody and Carrie, ooops! Like Breaking Bad and Face Off, it was quite literal.
Saul is also found in the 11th episode so if he does die, its gonna be a cliffhanger, not any time soon. The 11th episode on Spoiler Tv also has interesting details. It continues the Saul interrogation and no surprise like @Banannah said Estes is the culprit. But here was the interesting thing:

Saul suggests that Estes is trying to frame him, and asks why the interrogator isn't instead asking him about a plan to assassinate a U.S. Congressman. Later, the interrogator brings the polygraph results to Estes and tells him he has grounds for Saul's dismissal, but that he left the info about the assassination plot out of the report, which Estes appreciates

Does the CIA want to take out Brody? Interesting!

ClairdeLune

ClairdeLune

Video Archivist

Posted Oct 10, 2012 @ 1:32 AM

Thanks guys! Saul doesn't die. YAY!

Banannah

Banannah

Loyal Viewer

Posted Oct 10, 2012 @ 10:23 AM

I'm now wondering if Brody dies. If Brody dies, Saul is discredited, Carrie is bipolar and devastated if Brody dies ... what's left? Sounds like something the writers would love.

GothamCity

GothamCity

Couch Potato

Posted Oct 10, 2012 @ 5:21 PM

Saul = Superman. If he manages to take down Estes and the jackass VP- Holla! I don't see the VP surviving the discovery of the suicide video- politically or otherwise. For the record, I love Jamey Sheridan.

iggypop123

iggypop123

Video Archivist

Posted Oct 11, 2012 @ 1:29 PM

Saul = Superman. If he manages to take down Estes and the jackass VP- Holla! I don't see the VP surviving the discovery of the suicide video- politically or otherwise. For the record, I love Jamey Sheridan.

Oh he doesn't survive. Thats what Broken Hearts is all about. Guess they are borrowing from Cheney

ZeeZeeboy64

ZeeZeeboy64

Couch Potato

Posted Oct 11, 2012 @ 2:24 PM

From Spoiler TV - it seems Brody will be working for both the CIA and Abu Nazir.

n episode 2.10, we find out that Carrie's car was hit near a 7-11 where surveillance video shows Abu Nazir buying candy bars and bottled water. Saul, Virgil, and Galvez (who has been injured) are trying to locate Nazir and Carrie. Brody sneaks into Walden's study at the Naval Observatory. While Walden is having chest pains, Brody tells him he hates everything he stands for

PS: based my comments on this synopsis:

He lies for Carrie. He lies for Roya. And he's still lying to Jessica. Brody heads towards a serious meltdown as he struggles to keep his complicated alliances clear. Against Quinn's orders, Carrie stages a risky intervention to keep Brody in line, forcing both of them to confront their mixed emotions. Meanwhile, Dana turns to an unlikely source for comfort.

Edited by ZeeZeeboy64, Oct 11, 2012 @ 2:30 PM.

Gironbachs

Gironbachs

Channel Surfer

Posted Oct 14, 2012 @ 2:41 PM

Tonight's episode:

- Saul has one hell of a time leaving Beirut, and a Hezbollah Agent confiscates a video card hidden in the lining of Saul's briefcase. Good thing he has the videocard with Brody's confession on it in his pocket.

- Meanwhile, Brody's handler Roya shows up, imploring him to travel to Gettysburg to pick up the bomb vest tailor, who is in danger of being picked up by the CIA. They found his name in the materials Carrie nabbed in the hideout/apartment. Brody protests, as he has an important speech he can't miss. He goes anyway, and of course - misses the speech. A pissed-off Jessica gives it in his stead. She pulls it off.

- Later, Brody does not adequately explain his absence to his wife, so she throws him out of the house. For all her hard work in Beirut, the CIA locks Carrie out of her own briefing. Despondant, she considers taking her own life. Saul shows up at her place (she's apparently moved out of her sister's place) and shows her the video. Redemption. A reason to live. Possible reinstatement from David "I'm just doing my job" Estes may be coming.

Edited by Gironbachs, Oct 14, 2012 @ 2:45 PM.

Merrythought

Merrythought

Couch Potato

Posted Oct 22, 2012 @ 12:11 AM

Never mind. I watched the episode and have the answer.

Edited by Merrythought, Oct 22, 2012 @ 1:04 AM.

TWoP Lockley

TWoP Lockley

TWoP Moderator

Posted Oct 22, 2012 @ 1:08 AM

If your question is about something that happened on a previous episode or in season one, you can ask it in the appropriate thread. There is a general season one thread, which I think is the best place for this particular question. Keep this thread for questions/comments about spoilers.
Thanks!

Edited by TWoP Lockley, Oct 22, 2012 @ 1:08 AM.

jazz

jazz

Fanatic

Posted Oct 23, 2012 @ 11:13 PM

New spoilers from Ausiello

Question: After Sunday’s beyond intense and fantastic episode of Homeland, I marvel at the fact that we’re only four episodes into the season. Is Episode 5 another game-changer? —Jorge Ausiello: You. Have. No. Idea. Brace yourself for another rollercoaster ride. There’s a 15-minute, uninterrupted scene between Claire Danes and Damian Lewis that packs in more plot development than whole seasons of other shows. Bonus Scoop: Dana’s romance with the veep’s son is going to take a literal and figurative turn for the worse.

Gironbachs

Gironbachs

Channel Surfer

Posted Oct 24, 2012 @ 9:48 PM

"turn for the worse" sounds like an automobile accident.

Gironbachs

Gironbachs

Channel Surfer

Posted Oct 31, 2012 @ 8:49 AM

During the next Episode Carrie and Quinn take a team up to Gettysburg to investigate/Raid the tailor shop. Theyre ready for them, and there is either an ambush, firefight, or the place is completely booby-trapped. CIA operatives are hurt and possibly killed. In the promo when Carrie is yelling "Did You Know!?" at Brody, this is what she is talking about.

Obfuscated

Obfuscated

Channel Surfer

Posted Nov 10, 2012 @ 5:53 AM

So, as per SpoilerTV, there's a funeral in the twelfth episode, "The Choice." Two Naval chaplains, one an Arab imam, have been cast, along with random CIA agents and a reporter. It'd be nice if the funeral was just Walden's, but given that Estes is supposedly trying to assassinate Brody, well.

Since the only reason they haven't yet disposed of Brody is that the relationship between him and Carrie "hasn't run its course yet," and since this season is meant to focus on that relationship, is he toast at the end of it? Once Walden dies in 2.10, Brody no longer has any motivation to comply with Nazir beyond protecting his family.

Unless Nazir manages to dispose of Chris (hey, the kid would finally be relevant!) and Jessica runs off with Mike, leaving Dana, Brody, and Carrie to form a super-damaged super-spy team...or, more likely, Brody and Carrie will screw each over once too often and Brody will die horrifically. Not going to lie, I'm probably going to lose interest in Homeland once Brody's gone, since he and Carrie and their twisted bond are the core of the show (to me, anyway).

Given that some of the previous spoilers (posted here for posterity, yay) were "removed at the request of Showtime," I'm inclined to believe they're at least partially true. Although Galvez is dead, so they screwed up that part.

Edited by Obfuscated, Nov 10, 2012 @ 5:58 AM.

mdem

mdem

Loyal Viewer

Posted Nov 10, 2012 @ 7:25 AM

but given that Estes is supposedly trying to assassinate Brody, well.

Ok, I've missed this one. Not sure however how much I want to know ;) I can't stay away from spoilers, but when I've read them I think I shouldn't have done that. Crazy me.

Since the only reason they haven't yet disposed of Brody is that the relationship between him and Carrie "hasn't run its course yet," and since this season is meant to focus on that relationship, is he toast at the end of it? Once Walden dies in 2.10, Brody no longer has any motivation to comply with Nazir beyond protecting his family.

I think Brody isn't going to die. I think it would really hurt the show, which means the writers need to come with ready good ideas to keep him. There were news around the show secures Damian Lewis by signing a contract for more years on the show...

Given that some of the previous spoilers (posted here for posterity, yay) were "removed at the request of Showtime," I'm inclined to believe they're at least partially true. Although Galvez is dead, so they screwed up that part.

I just hope the major part of the spoiler will be resolved this year otherwise this season cliffhanger is going to kill me.

Edited by mdem, Nov 10, 2012 @ 7:27 AM.

toogoodtobetrue

toogoodtobetrue

Video Archivist

Posted Nov 10, 2012 @ 7:47 PM

Sounds like Abu Nazir's funeral in 2.12 re: the iman and 2 Naval chaplains. I do wish Brody would die because I think they are stretching credulity with his SL. But I know he won't die because the actor who plays Chris Brody tweeted that he was sad to leave the set (on the day that they wrapped this season), but that he was looking forward to seeing everyone again next year.

Edited by toogoodtobetrue, Nov 10, 2012 @ 7:47 PM.

Blaze518

Blaze518

Couch Potato

Posted Nov 11, 2012 @ 5:40 PM

She tells Saul that Abu Nazir is is an abandoned mill. Before Saul can leave the building with Quinn, Virgil, and Galvez,

Didn't Danny Galvez die in the Robo-Terrorist attack at the tailor's shop in Gettysburg?