Homeland In the Media: Press Briefings

• Please log in to reply

427 replies to this topic

Hallelujah

Hallelujah

Fanatic

Posted Dec 16, 2013 @ 10:22 PM

Her actions were far worse this year than they've ever been before and her motivations became totally selfish and not for the greater good like they were in Season 1. It is easier to excuse the behavior when it's motivated by saving people from a terrorist attack but not so much when it's to save her possibly reformed terrorist lover boy.

I don't think Carrie was only motivated by proving Brody was innocent. I certainly think that was a factor, but not the only one. Some of Saul's reasons were her reasons, too, though I don't think she's as idealistic as he is. When Carrie tells her father in 3.01 that 219 people died because she missed something, I totally believe it. That's a part of why she put herself through those awful things at the beginning of the season.

Carrie has pulled some crazy shit in all three seasons. I mean, within the first twenty minutes she is breaking into Brody's home and setting up illegal surveillance. I'd argue that's probably the most insubordinate thing she's ever done (but it's a long list, so I might be misremembering).

FarEast

FarEast

Just Tuned In

Posted Dec 16, 2013 @ 10:24 PM

He also seems pretty gung ho to bring Carrie, Quinn, Fara, Virgil off to Istanbul

I'm glad to know he hasn't written off Fara completely yet. No guarantee on if we'll actually see the character again in S4, I know but I like her and I don't mind seeing the mentor/mentee relationship explored as a subplot.

shadow2008

shadow2008

Channel Surfer

Posted Dec 20, 2013 @ 5:54 PM

So Gansa confirms that they are making it up as they go along, and he has no idea where to go from here. Great.

That actually isn't news for fans who have followed the show closely since the series premiered 2 years ago. I still remember Gansa and Gordan's interviews after the season 1 finale.They openly admitted that they had no writing plan beyond the first season and no potential endgame in sight that they were writing towards. Everything you have seen in the last 2 seasons was something they made up somewhere along the way. When I read those interviews back then, I adjusted my expectations accordingly but looking back, I think I probably would have been better off quitting the show cold turkey. At least then, I wouldn't have had to bear witness to the utter destruction the writers have heaved upon the Carrie Mathison character.

I'm glad to know he hasn't written off Fara completely yet. No guarantee on if we'll actually see the character again in S4, I know but I like her and I don't mind seeing the mentor/mentee relationship explored as a subplot.

Same here. Fara was my favorite new addition to the cast this season. I would like to see her get a bigger role on the show next year.

dcinmb

dcinmb

Couch Potato

Posted Jan 3, 2014 @ 12:40 AM

Sorry for the late notice but Claire Danes and Damien Lewis are on Charlie Rose tonight.  The ep will also be available on Charlie Rose's website.

S7W9C2

S7W9C2

Fanatic

Posted Mar 23, 2014 @ 1:06 PM

http://www.hollywood...nd-white-690464

Terribly sad news. One of the best character actors we've had. RIP.

James Rebhorn, the busy character actor who played the father of Claire Danes' troubled CIA officer Carrie Mathison on the Showtime drama Homeland, has died. He passed away at his home on Friday, his agent Dianne Busch confirmed to The Hollywood Reporter. He was 65.

wisteria

wisteria

Couch Potato

Posted Mar 23, 2014 @ 3:28 PM

Indeed. He'll be missed. He was one of the greatest "Hey, It's That Guy!"s out there, with a huge filmography full of so many familiar roles. And his Homeland work was special for playing against type as a low-key concerned father. (Considering that his last scene was him offering to raise Carrie's baby, I wonder how the writers will approach his absence. Really wish they didn't have to, though.)

Mama No Life

Mama No Life

Couch Potato

Posted Mar 23, 2014 @ 8:14 PM

I first saw him decades ago as Bradley, Beth's abusive stepfather on The Guiding Light.  Very sad.  :(

skompton

skompton

Posted Apr 4, 2014 @ 11:58 AM

Homeland is leaving its Charlotte location and will begin filming in Cape Town, South Africa in June.  Claire, Mandy, Rupert and Nazanin the only confirmed returning so far.