Gary & Will: TAR 21

This topic has been archived. This means that you cannot reply to this topic.

16 replies to this topic

Jyn

Jyn

Couch Potato

Posted Aug 29, 2012 @ 2:31 PM

Hi. We're best friends and substitute teachers. And our height differences are definitely glaring.

Edited by TWoP Roxy, Sep 12, 2012 @ 11:07 AM.

Pooki

Pooki

Fanatic

Posted Aug 30, 2012 @ 5:36 AM

Gary's comment about his worst fear being "Bad taxi drivers" makes me think he's probably seen a few TAR seasons before and seen what happened to the likes of Gary & Mallory and Notre Dame guy and his girlfriend.

The height difference between them is quite striking. We've seen taller racers and shorter racers have problems with various tasks before, so maybe having one of each will even things up a little for this team, depending on who does which task.

DileChordata

DileChordata

Loyal Viewer

Posted Sep 30, 2012 @ 10:04 PM

Superfans! Who'd have thought?

I was thankful that they realized that they need to raaaaaaaace and didn't help Jaymes & James. Of course, that was made moot when Trey & Lexi did, but still . . .

Pooki

Pooki

Fanatic

Posted Oct 2, 2012 @ 10:45 AM

I was thankful that they realized that they need to raaaaaaaace and didn't help Jaymes & James. Of course, that was made moot when Trey & Lexi did, but still . . .

I liked that they kept in mind that it's a race too. Racers helping other teams always gets on my nerves. I think Gary & Will realize that they're not one of the fitter teams, so helping the others would be pretty counter-productive.

They seem nicely respectful of each other too, like when the taller one apologized immediately after snapping at the other one on the rappel lines.

Zach808

Zach808

Loyal Viewer

Posted Oct 2, 2012 @ 2:20 PM

This is probably my favorite team out of this group. They seem to have prior knowledge of the show, and are aware that it is a RAAACE. They didn't really seem to make any major mistakes either besides being slow, and seem to be aware when their behavior is getting out of hand.

jessied112

jessied112

Stalker

Posted Oct 2, 2012 @ 2:57 PM

Team SubTeach. I wasn't sure about them at first, but by the end, I really liked how they said that they would do anything to win the money because they know it's just a game...ahem, I mean race.

JabuXevioso

JabuXevioso

Channel Surfer

Posted Oct 7, 2012 @ 9:55 PM

Gary's comment about his worst fear being "Bad taxi drivers" makes me think he's probably seen a few TAR seasons before and seen what happened to the likes of Gary & Mallory and Notre Dame guy and his girlfriend.

And, indeed, to Gary & Will themselves tonight. Though at least not to the same extent Amy & Daniel got it!

Amazing that, in spite of Will having the struggles at the Roadblock, that he still stayed way more positive than Gary did. Gary wouldn't even run to the Pit Stop just in case they weren't last.

I still like them, but they've gotta be more optimistic than they actually are. I want my superfans going far!

Caillou Shampoo

Caillou Shampoo

Video Archivist

Posted Oct 8, 2012 @ 9:16 AM

Not a fan of this team, but I feel bad for them because their friendship seems to be fraying before our eyes.

As for

are aware that it is a RAAACE

this was a voiceover shown while they were walking! And again they didn't run to the mat, so I question their competitive attitude.

Edited by Caillou Shampoo, Oct 8, 2012 @ 9:16 AM.

Chyna

Chyna

Stalker

Posted Oct 14, 2012 @ 10:29 PM

And they survive to circle the drain another day. Good on them for getting the second Detour done relatively quickly, but it sucks that two far more capable teams have gone out in the last two legs purely because of crappy drivers.

ItsJessMe

ItsJessMe

Video Archivist

Posted Oct 14, 2012 @ 11:13 PM

Why is Will wearing Phil's necklace? An homage?

ribboninthesky1

ribboninthesky1

Fanatic

Posted Oct 15, 2012 @ 6:29 PM

And they survive to circle the drain another day. Good on them for getting the second Detour done relatively quickly, but it sucks that two far more capable teams have gone out in the last two legs purely because of crappy drivers.

Not only that, but they don't even seem all that interested in being on the race, especially the tall guy. They're not particularly dour, but they just seem...there. Though I don't think being saved this week was to a more capable team. I got the impression that the blonde girls wasted a lot of time looking for the detour. Bad luck with the cabbie didn't help, but they sabotaged themselves considerably as well.

Goldeneye1

Goldeneye1

Video Archivist

Posted Oct 15, 2012 @ 9:52 PM

Their luck has as many lives as a cat. I think that luck runs out before the halfway point - They're the (heaven forbid) Dandrew of this season.

NYC2007

NYC2007

Fanatic

Posted Oct 17, 2012 @ 12:36 PM

Their luck has as many lives as a cat. I think that luck runs out before the halfway point - They're the (heaven forbid) Dandrew of this season.

Let's hope not. They were very lucky recipients of bunching or else there was no way they would have made it.

I thought their comment about it not as easy as it looks on TV to be interesting. That and the fact that they applied several times to be on the show.

TudorQueen

TudorQueen

Stalker

Posted Oct 22, 2012 @ 4:38 PM

I actually kind of liked them - Will more, because Gary was something of a Dennis Downer - but they really weren't very good racers. At least they got to see some of the world and have a few unusual adventures.

Chyna

Chyna

Stalker

Posted Oct 23, 2012 @ 3:12 PM

Amazing Race's Gary and Will: We're Responsible for Our Own Demise

Yep.

Although it's enlightening to learn that the reason Gary said, "I'm not gonna run" in the 2nd leg is because he had injured his foot at the bull race but hadn't reported it to TPTB because he didn't want to get taken out of the Race.

Edited by Chyna, Oct 23, 2012 @ 3:12 PM.

Pooki

Pooki

Fanatic

Posted Oct 24, 2012 @ 3:51 AM

They were kind of sad sacks on the race and I'm not that sorry to see them go, but I liked their answers in that interview about alliances and how to treat the locals at least.

JontheAussieBoy

JontheAussieBoy

Loyal Viewer

Posted Dec 19, 2012 @ 4:42 AM

I can honestly say that I can't remember a team that I have disliked more after two episodes than these two. I didn't even have a problem with Brendon/Rachel that early. After that, I was very dissatisfied at any elimination than theirs, granted that that only happened once (Caitlin & Brittany). Gary always seemed very condescending to me, while Will seemed to be almost scared of his partner, which made them very painful to watch.