Natalie & Nadiya: TAR 21

This topic has been archived. This means that you cannot reply to this topic.

130 replies to this topic

SilentMinority

SilentMinority

Couch Potato

Posted Dec 10, 2012 @ 12:31 PM

Because the Twins were racing to win since the starting line, while the Beekmans actually discussed sacrificing their own race by waiting for Abby/Ryan to complete their Double U-Turn.

And the Twins knew this...how?

Anyone who claims to know what someone else wants or how much someone else wants something is just being arrogant.

Miss Molly

Miss Molly

Video Archivist

Posted Dec 10, 2012 @ 5:57 PM

I would love to see them on another season of TAR. The comments about evil gays were explained. They said they were evil twins all the way through while the gays were nice gays at one time.

I think they're great. They plowed through the tasks, they laughed at themselves and they didn't blame anyone for their loss.

kishoph

kishoph

Channel Surfer

Posted Dec 10, 2012 @ 8:19 PM

The producers must of wanted the twins to be in the final three, that was the easiest speed bump I've ever seen, having to lace up a corset, come on, it looked like it took them a whole 5 minutes, they beat most of the teams to the next stop. I would of liked the Chippendales to win, because of Jaymes Father, but I have no problems with the Beekmans winning it, they definitely were the underdogs.

ribboninthesky1

ribboninthesky1

Fanatic

Posted Dec 10, 2012 @ 9:24 PM

I've always liked the twins, but I didn't really care who won after they were eliminated. I gotta admit, even I was annoyed during their final leg.

I'm glad they're self-aware to know that they did indeed suck. Between the whining about the other teams leaving them while they do the speed bump to declaring the Beekmans not wanting it enough to constantly yammering at the Beekmans during the detour to their poor navigational skills, they essentially defeated themselves. Really, they'd caught up to and passed the Beekmans by the end of the roadblock and the home stretch to the pitstop. It was really their leg to lose. But they were in total panic mode rather than stopping to think about where they were going (and ensuring they were going in the right direction).

Oh well. I wouldn't be against them showing up in an All-Stars season.

miz liz

miz liz

Video Archivist

Posted Dec 11, 2012 @ 11:00 AM

Nothing could change my mind about these nasty bitches. Really, these are 2 of my least favorite TAR contestants of all time. I like the comment someone made about the fact that the shrieking harpies DID win money in this race: the money they stole. Hope it's enough to pay for 2 personality transplants. Ugh, they are just repulsive, both of them. Their nasty remarks re. the Beekmans on that last leg were absolutely disgusting. Such MEANNESS! Hope their asses are still hurting from where Karma bit them.

I don't think I could stand to watch an All-Star game with them in it.

Rocky Monoxide

Rocky Monoxide

Fanatic

Posted Dec 11, 2012 @ 3:09 PM

I really don't think the twins actually feel the Beekmans are "evil." I think they were throwing the word "evil" around humorously. When one of the Beekmans (can't remember which) called them "the evil twins," they were like, "Of course we're evil! We never claimed we weren't!" I really didn't get a sense of malice from them about it.

TudorQueen

TudorQueen

Stalker

Posted Dec 11, 2012 @ 4:13 PM

I really don't think the twins actually feel the Beekmans are "evil." I think they were throwing the word "evil" around humorously. When one of the Beekmans (can't remember which) called them "the evil twins," they were like, "Of course we're evil! We never claimed we weren't!" I really didn't get a sense of malice from them about it.

Neither did I. In fact, during the dog chow task, the twins pointed out that the Beekmans had always been 'nice' and were only now finding their inner 'evil gay' when they needed it most, while they (the twins) had always been 'evil'.

I never completely got over their walking off with the Rockers' money - though that turned out to be the least of James and Abba's problems in the end - but overall they were funny, energetic, pretty good racers (I suspect Killer Fatigue played a role in their defeat), and very honest about their own mistakes and shortcomings.

stinamaia

stinamaia

Fanatic

Posted Dec 11, 2012 @ 6:59 PM

It wasn't the "evil" comments so much as the "waste of space" "riding coattails" "coming from behind. that's the way they like it" comments. Those were necessarily mean. Also the the jibes about the injury being faked etc. I loved it that the two big big trash talkers got their mouths shut by two much more genial trash talkers.

They were good racers, but ultimately insecure racers because they were too dependent on having a clique around them.

ribboninthesky1

ribboninthesky1

Fanatic

Posted Dec 11, 2012 @ 7:48 PM

I'm not sure they were dependent on having a clique until the penultimate leg, and that was primarily because they wanted to get into the finals. They were rather competitive throughout the season, and seemed to understand that they could have friends while also racing when necessary. I just don't know why they expected any team to wait for them when F3 was at stake.

Nimberlane

Nimberlane

Couch Potato

Posted Dec 12, 2012 @ 3:35 PM

Well this makes the sting of them losing slightly better. Good to see there are no hard feelings!

goofygirl

goofygirl

Couch Potato

Posted Dec 16, 2012 @ 12:10 AM

Karma's a big old bitch. Taking the money from those guys early on, just sealed your fate. Losers!