Katie: Daytime's Perkiest Host

• Please log in to reply

128 replies to this topic

commenter

commenter

Couch Potato

Posted Nov 21, 2013 @ 5:06 PM

Post deleted by me because I didn't think it went through, and by the time I saw it had gone through, I had already re-posted it below.

Edited by commenter, Nov 21, 2013 @ 5:24 PM.

ginger90

ginger90

Couch Potato

Posted Nov 21, 2013 @ 5:15 PM

I thought this show was cancelled?

commenter

commenter

Couch Potato

Posted Nov 21, 2013 @ 5:21 PM

I saw Katie today and I thought she looked bad -- too much makeup and her face just not looking right. I concluded maybe it was just a case of sleep deprivation.

What the hell did Katie do to her brows?  They look like angry birds.

It does make her look angry.

I was prepared for Katie to do a poor job of interviewing Zimmerman's wife today (just because I've found many of Katie's interviews to be that way), but she did alright.

It was a bit confusing, though, that Shellie Zimmerman talked about George unraveling after the trial and being a good guy (which implies he was a good guy til the trial happened), but her then talking about him emotionally and psychologically abusing her for several years.

Maybe she didn't realize it until later (and that's why she wishes there had been more people speaking up about that kind of abuse), but even so, her answer given today should reflect her current opinion. But she did herself say she no longer knows him and is wondering what to think about him, so perhaps all her thoughts are in flux, and/or she's also trying not to contradict her prior words or actions...

Al Funcoot

Al Funcoot

Fanatic

Posted Nov 26, 2013 @ 6:55 AM

I thought this show was cancelled?

Despite reports that the show would be cancelled at the end of the season and that Couric was negotiating her departure from ABC News, so far ABC insists they may renew it for a third season. Sadly.

loudfan

loudfan

Fanatic

Posted Dec 19, 2013 @ 5:10 PM

And... it's over.

In a statement, ABC and Ms. Couric said: “We’ve mutually agreed that there will not be a third season of the show. We’re very proud of everyone’s contributions to making Katie the #1 new syndicated talk show of 2012-2013, and we look forward to the rest of the season.”

Zahdii

Zahdii

Couch Potato

Posted Feb 11, 2014 @ 6:31 PM

Glad this show is over, but got to say that today's show (which was taped before the show was cancelled) featured stalkers.  Got to say that the one woman  (Judy) who was stalked has the worst hair style on the face of the planet.  I wonder if she adopted it to put off her stalker.

King Cat Sam

King Cat Sam

Fanatic

Posted Feb 11, 2014 @ 10:07 PM

I have seen sometimes that they do disguise guests with wigs or they alter their voice and have even blurred their facial features in some cases for the individual's safety on previous seasons on talk shows like Oprah or Dr Phil.

Xerographic

Xerographic

Couch Potato

Posted Feb 11, 2014 @ 10:28 PM

New episodes are still being produced until June.

Maddingcrowd

Maddingcrowd

Fanatic

Posted Mar 20, 2014 @ 12:28 AM

Didn't like yesterday's show about women losing weight for revenge. When will tv shows stop promoting super fast weight loss like 70 pounds in a couple of months?That is almost impossible and unhealthy. The two women featured said they work out 5 to 6 hours per day and ate only protein. So what happens when they get jobs or have children or get older and don't have the energy to work out this long? What happens when their kidneys fail because they are only eating protein? 

I know showing healthy weight loss isn't too dramatic, but who is Katie trying to fool by stating anyone can do this kind of thing? I work out an hour and a half per day and I think that is a lot, I would be dead if I tried 5 or 6 hours. And you should be losing weight for yourself, not to trick someone with some half baked revenge scheme.