S10 - Dmitry Sholokhov

This topic has been archived. This means that you cannot reply to this topic.

88 replies to this topic

Bebecat

Bebecat

Fanatic

Posted Oct 19, 2012 @ 9:47 PM

I was happy to hear Dimitri say how funny and easy-going Heidi was; after all these seasons, that she is still seemingly into it and spends time with the designers.

Raspberry2012

Raspberry2012

Couch Potato

Posted Oct 20, 2012 @ 12:35 PM

Well today, I got the answer to the answer to a certain question we've been wondering about.

And the answer is..... straight! (And a nation of women rejoice!) My hairdresser said his boyfriend met Dmitry at a party for a mutual friend. They talked for a while, and he said while the chit-chat was fairly normal, he definitely determined from the stuff they talked about that he's straight.

My hairdresser also said that he never once pinged his gaydar either.

Edited by Raspberry2012, Oct 20, 2012 @ 4:29 PM.

nicenessness

nicenessness

Stalker

Posted Oct 20, 2012 @ 5:25 PM

I can't help but really like the guy. I mean, Fabio is still my husband, but Dmitriy is quite charming.

annonshay

annonshay

Couch Potato

Posted Oct 21, 2012 @ 1:08 PM

'Project Runway' winner: Heidi Klum 'took half of my collection'

"Heidi took half of my collection!" Dmitry told us. "I'm the only designer whom she took clothing from ... as far as I know. When they were bagging the collection, they put Heidi's name on half of it and it went to Los Angeles."

Ok Heidi, I want to see you wearing some of Dmitry's pieces in public!

ThatPoshGirl

ThatPoshGirl

Stalker

Posted Oct 21, 2012 @ 3:08 PM

If Dmitry was on DWTS, I might actually watch that crap.

Raspberry2012

Raspberry2012

Couch Potato

Posted Oct 21, 2012 @ 5:40 PM

See, that's the only interview where I've seen him say that. All the others where they've asked him that, he's said, definitely not, because that's his past and he made the decision years ago to move forward in fashion. I actually wouldn't want to see him do DWTS - it's so fucking cheesy! And I don't want him to become one of those mindless reality TV show contestants who just goes from show to show. One of the things I love about him is how completely driven he is for his career in fashion design - that he was the only one who was able to keep focused all through the competition shows that. Plus, he gave up so much personally for a very big gamble, and it paid off. I just think doing something dumb like DWTS would interfere with the time and the focus needed to get his business off the ground, and I think people would take him less seriously if he just went onto yet another reality show. I'd honestly rather not see him dance at all if the trade off is that he gets a successful and viable business off the ground. I just hope he keeps his eye on the prize - even though he's won the prize! ;-)

Edited by Raspberry2012, Oct 21, 2012 @ 5:43 PM.

MarySNJ

MarySNJ

Couch Potato

Posted Oct 21, 2012 @ 8:15 PM

I'd honestly rather not see him dance at all if the trade off is that he gets a successful and viable business off the ground. I just hope he keeps his eye on the prize - even though he's won the prize! ;-)

I agree with you Raspberry. While I would love to see Dmitry dance (because I would love to see him do anything), not if it interferes with his goal of launching his own line. Maybe after he's established his first successful clothing line under his own name and is a "famous designer" as well as a former reality show winner he can go on a dance show just if it would be fun for him.

Bebecat

Bebecat

Fanatic

Posted Oct 21, 2012 @ 8:20 PM

I hope Heidi shows up in that yellow dress of his soon, that would look great on her, also the fringed number.

LetoileSole

LetoileSole

Loyal Viewer

Posted Oct 22, 2012 @ 1:29 PM

I don't think it would be fair to have Dmitry as a star on DWTS. He doesn't only have dancing background (like many previous contestants) but actually ballroom dancing background. I don't want him to be hated on for being a "ringer" and having unfair advantage. He is too good and too experienced for a "star" part of the couple, but not enough for the "dancer" role, I'm afraid.
I wouldn't mind for him to come on to the how for elimination part and dance with one of the pro's. Let it be a "publicity stint" when he launches his new line, cause I do want to see him dance.

Lamb18

Lamb18

Fanatic

Posted Oct 22, 2012 @ 2:43 PM

Maybe he could design some of the dancers' outfits and then dance on one of the elimination episodes (like LetoileSole suggested).

While I'd like to see him dancing every week I think it is unlikely he'd do it because it would interfere with his career and might result in people taking him less seriously as a designer.

LetoileSole

LetoileSole

Loyal Viewer

Posted Oct 22, 2012 @ 4:37 PM

'Project Runway' winner: Heidi Klum 'took half of my collection'

Ok Heidi, I want to see you wearing some of Dmitry's pieces in public!

Hmm, why all 10 designs are up on the auction here

Raspberry2012

Raspberry2012

Couch Potato

Posted Oct 22, 2012 @ 6:30 PM

Oh, those sneaky press agents! LOL!

MarySNJ

MarySNJ

Couch Potato

Posted Oct 22, 2012 @ 7:31 PM

Hmm, why all 10 designs are up on the auction here

Hmm, indeed... They had the three samples up on auction last week for "Challenge 13" here. Dmitry's white dress with the cutouts sold (for $216) - and the auction ended. So did his jacket with the fringe (paired with the skirt) which sold for $455. It was the same for the other designers's sample collections.

I looked online after the finale on Friday for the other pieces from the MBFW show and didn't see them right away and figured they would not be on auction, but now here they are - including the same pieces that were auctioned last week. What the fuck? How can they auction something that was already auctioned?

Anyway, Dmitry's white dress is up to $455 now and the fringed jacket is at $305 paired with the pants.

Maybe the producers told Heidi she had to bid on them like everyone else.

KimberStormer

KimberStormer

Couch Potato

Posted Oct 22, 2012 @ 9:18 PM

But Heidi is the producers!

MarySNJ

MarySNJ

Couch Potato

Posted Oct 23, 2012 @ 9:04 AM

But Heidi is the producers!

Good point. Well, either Dmitry was exaggerating or the lawyers told Producer Heidi that they had to auction the designs.

Did they ever mention that the winner of the L’Oreal challenge would get an ad for Electric Fantasie in Marie Claire magazine, or did they just decide to use Dmitry and his model Katt after Dmitry won the whole shebang? Whatever the reason, it’s really nice exposure for Dmitry. Katt looks great in that suit, although that’s an odd position to be lounging… I suppose it's better to show off the sheer cut outs in the skirt.

Raspberry2012

Raspberry2012

Couch Potato

Posted Oct 23, 2012 @ 9:11 AM

I LOVE that picture - they both look amazing!

My guess as to the auction confusion - they may have snagged them back from Heidi before she had a chance to take them. Or, didn't Mondo also make her a copy of his polka-dot gown? They may have asked him to make a couple of copies for Heidi as well.

Or - here's another guess, and this is purely speculation on my part. I suspect that press agents feed both the winners and the aufees a couple of harmless yet fun lines for their interviews that get the fans tweeting, you know? Not flat out lies that affect anything, but just harmless shit. For example, and again, this is just a guess - in every interview, he's said he's done with ballroom dancing, and fashion is his life now, and so he wouldn't do DWTS. Then, in his last interview - boom, he says he'd be thrilled to do DWTS. What do I think changed? Nothing really on Dmitry's part. But probably a press agent said, "Psst... Sholokhov. Your fans want to see you on DWTS. So just say you'd do DWTS, even though in reality, you have no plans to do DWTS." Plus, I don't think they do those interview hijinks soley with Dmitry, nor do I think it was his idea if that did happen. I'm sure it goes on with every reality show, every contestant, etc. etc.

So I suspect the "Heidi took all of Dmitry's designs!" sounded good for an interview, he may have been asked to say it by a press agent, and then the clothes got auctioned off, same as any others. I don't think it really means anything.

I looked online after the finale on Friday for the other pieces from the MBFW show and didn't see them right away and figured they would not be on auction, but now here they are - including the same pieces that were auctioned last week. What the fuck? How can they auction something that was already auctioned?

It could also be that they asked him to make more than one of the same garment for auction reasons? Two episodes with the same dresses (eps 13 & 14) being featured interferes with having an auction for each episode. And maybe somewhere in that mix, Heidi made off with a couple (or again, copies were made for Heidi since she's a producer). So yeah, I'm leaning towards that he made a few copies to go around - I don't really think it's anything huge.

Edited by Raspberry2012, Oct 23, 2012 @ 9:42 AM.

Bebecat

Bebecat

Fanatic

Posted Oct 23, 2012 @ 10:34 PM

Dimitri looks super cool in that ad...he could be a model for sure.

I would think they had to make up extra items for auction and that Heidi did indeed take some of Dimitri's originals. Maybe that is why the auction items are listed as possibly "unfinished".

ThatPoshGirl

ThatPoshGirl

Stalker

Posted Oct 23, 2012 @ 11:19 PM

Dmitry and his model both look really cool, but that ad bugs me because they look really blurry. I don't know if it is the ad or the picture, though.

MarySNJ

MarySNJ

Couch Potato

Posted Oct 24, 2012 @ 7:31 AM

Maybe that is why the auction items are listed as possibly "unfinished".

I think unfinished refers to the state of the sample garments from the challenges on the show and has been used in the disclaimers for every auction. Some of these are created in the early episodes are made in one day and the designers didn't have time to finish them to commercial quality before the runway.

I really think it's unlikely that the designers had time to recreate a second duplicate of the looks they showed. I think these are one of a kind designs. I think someone either screwed up and listed the three samples before they should have, or screwed up this week by relisting those that sold already.

Dmitry and his model both look really cool, but that ad bugs me because they look really blurry. I don't know if it is the ad or the picture, though.

I thought it looked blurry too. Maybe they photoshopped it to give the "Wise Mystic" a sort of dreamy atmosphere. Anyway, I'm waiting for the January edition of Marie Claire which is apparently the edition with Dmitry's editorial spread.

Raspberry2012

Raspberry2012

Couch Potato

Posted Oct 24, 2012 @ 8:51 AM

Yes, it's definitely the January issue, I remember he mentioned that in an interview.

LetoileSole

LetoileSole

Loyal Viewer

Posted Oct 24, 2012 @ 8:49 PM

It says it's mobile upload. I think Dmitry just took a picture with his phone and posted it on fb, that's why the quality is not perfect.

nicenessness

nicenessness

Stalker

Posted Oct 25, 2012 @ 9:11 AM

I like Dmitriy in that photo, but I don't like the outfit. That is SO not avant-garde to me. An actual avant-garde wardrobe would have looked phenomenal in that setup.

Raspberry2012

Raspberry2012

Couch Potato

Posted Oct 25, 2012 @ 10:00 AM

Oh I hear you, nicenessness. I LOVE the outfit and am thrilled that he won that challenge, but I'd be hard pressed to call it avant garde. A real avant garde piece can take up to two months to create, not two days, which is all they got on this challenge. I remember in S4, when Christian and Chris won the AG challenge, at least they had two people working on the design. So, they either need to give them lots more time for an AG challenge if they're working it alone, or the producers need to redefine their terms of what AG means - neither which is the fault of any of the designers, it's simply what this show has turned into. Because I freaking love that suit, but no, I wouldn't call it AG either.

Edited by Raspberry2012, Oct 25, 2012 @ 10:01 AM.

Raspberry2012

Raspberry2012

Couch Potato

Posted Nov 30, 2012 @ 4:52 PM

No real confirmation, but there's some chatter over on Facebook that Dmitry may be joining Balenciaga - no real word from Dmitry himself, so I guess we'll see! Dmitry did confirm for sure that some of his designs will be carried at Lord & Taylor this March, so that's something to look forward to. I hope the Balenciaga rumor is true - that would be amazing! Not that my broke ass could ever afford that, but it would be cool for him.

Edited by Raspberry2012, Nov 30, 2012 @ 5:05 PM.

miz diz

miz diz

Channel Surfer

Posted Dec 21, 2012 @ 2:54 AM

I never followed up on the kind of "spreads" winning designers have gotten in Marie Claire, but didn't it seem like Dmitry got cheated? I was expecting a really BIG color, glossy thing - with each outfit getting a full page look. Not a 3 or 4 page deal with an little article about him and a few small black and white photos. Is this the usual? If so, okay. If not - wrong!

Raspberry2012

Raspberry2012

Couch Potato

Posted Dec 28, 2012 @ 3:20 PM

I'm not entirely sure, because I never sought out the final magazine spread before till Dmitry's, but yeah, I agree - it was kind of brief, to put it kindly. I thought he deserved more.

MarySNJ

MarySNJ

Couch Potato

Posted Apr 4, 2013 @ 7:38 AM

Dmitry's collection is being displayed in the windows at Lord & Taylor and there is a meet & greet at the store April 4th, 2013 at 6:00 PM for anyone in the NYC area who wants to go see him and the dresses he made. Here is a link at the Lord & Taylor online store that shows Dmitry's collection.

I can't go myself but I'll like to buy at least one of these dresses when they become available in the online store. Of course, they'll probably be out of my price range...

geeweeze

geeweeze

Couch Potato

Posted Apr 15, 2013 @ 9:38 PM

Oh nice - congratulations to Dimitry. He was my fave from last year - and I love the dresses I see on the website right away. Sorry I missed the event.

Edited by geeweeze, Apr 16, 2013 @ 5:00 AM.

dialyn

dialyn

Loyal Viewer

Posted Apr 27, 2013 @ 11:32 AM

I do like Dmitri. Seeing him in the Finale Part II was such a treat...and his dress was so much better than the items Heidi has been wearing this year. Why, oh why didn't she wear Dmitri's dress on the runway instead of that ridiculous jumpsuit? I know that people think Dmitri is a safe designer, but he is a shrewd fellow. He wants to sell garments and not just display them. I wish him all the best. His clothes look great and he seems to be thriving. Good for him.

Edited by dialyn, Apr 27, 2013 @ 11:32 AM.