My Teen Is Pregnant and So Am I!

• Please log in to reply

76 replies to this topic

jw7579

jw7579

Fanatic

Posted Aug 1, 2012 @ 6:50 PM

Airs tonight on TLC at 10:00 PM ET.

New TLC Special: My Teen Is Pregnant And So Am I!

The network that brought you Jon & Kate Plus 8 is delving into the world of teen pregnancy with a new special called My Teen Is Pregnant And So Am I where young girls and their moms are expecting a baby at the same time.

In a sneak peek of the TLC special, 36-year-old Ann and her 17-year-old daughter Liz were both pregnant and they spoke exclusively to RadarOnline.com about the struggles they’re having as a mother and daughter with new babies.

Going by this description in the link, Liz sounds like she's going to be a real charmer.

“She makes me so frustrated! She is the most annoying person ever. Oh my God! Dude, she is always telling me that his diaper is poopy and she doesn’t understand that a boy diaper bunches out more than one a girl is wearing because of his part. She’s used to girls and when she tells me how to take care of my son she doesn’t know what she’s talking about! She clipped his nails and she clipped his finger, I was so mad!”

DesiLu

DesiLu

Fanatic

Posted Aug 1, 2012 @ 6:55 PM

I saw the commercial for this last night when I was in bed half asleep. I was hoping I had dreamt it but I guess not.

Sounds trashy as hell, so of course, I'll be watching!

jalfredprufrock

jalfredprufrock

Couch Potato

Posted Aug 1, 2012 @ 7:17 PM

Oh my God - this sounds unbelievable. I will definitely check it out.

CPP83

CPP83

Fanatic

Posted Aug 1, 2012 @ 10:06 PM

So this is TLC's answer to MTV famed teenage mama drama. The mother who was so thrilled that her daughter was pregnant was an absolute idiot. And so was her ex. I only felt sorry for the newborns and the four year old. The daughter was who her mother raised her to be, obviously. It was clear to me that the mother had ceased maturing when she too got pregnant at 17 and her daughter was on the exact same crash course. I also hated how much help the teens were being given and how they're not being forced to take responsibility for themselves or their son.

The other family seemed very Southern, in the worse sense of that word, like some LMN movie come to life. They never stopped crying, and the stepfather looked 45 if he was a day. Typical dumb daughter, "shocked parents", slacker baby daddy, and how it all seems to work out in the end, because the parents are going to support them despite whatever the kids are, or aren't, doing.

WhitneyWhit

WhitneyWhit

Fanatic

Posted Aug 2, 2012 @ 12:05 AM

What in the name of Amber Portwood is this mess?!

"It's ok to have a baby at 17 as long as your stable and mature" But here's the thing, no 17 year old is stable enough to have a kid. I swear, it took me a good 20 minutes to figure out who was the daugher and who was the mother with Anna and Liz. And no, that isn't a compliment, because Liz looked 40.

The South Carolina family was like a SNL parody of Teen Mom, just every sterotype right out in the open. I always enjoy the parents who put their foot down at the baby daddies spending the night, like people will think their daughters pregnancies were emaculate if no guy is around. "We have other children in the house who are innocent" For now, won't be long till that changes because his wife was too dumb to realize that a 17 year old having a baby is not a good or fun thing.

Seriously TLC, when you hit the bottom, you stop digging!

wellwhaddyaknow

wellwhaddyaknow

Channel Surfer

Posted Aug 2, 2012 @ 1:58 AM

Yawn, yawn, yawn.
Whine, whine, whine.

Seriously???

(*I meant the show, not you posters! :) )

Edited by wellwhaddyaknow, Aug 2, 2012 @ 1:58 AM.

BessieLimpet

BessieLimpet

Couch Potato

Posted Aug 2, 2012 @ 3:09 AM

I was too creeped out by the step father pointing at his step daughter and screaming "That is mine" to notice anything else. I hated that loud mouth piece of shit.

BuddhaBelly

BuddhaBelly

Fanatic

Posted Aug 2, 2012 @ 6:16 AM

That was her stepfather? I'm thought that was her biological father. I didn't mind it in the context of conversation. That's still his underage daughter and the idiot that got her pregnant uprooted her from the house in some sort of power play against her parents.

I didn't think her mom thought it was fun or good. She seemed pretty heartbroken about the whole thing

BessieLimpet

BessieLimpet

Couch Potato

Posted Aug 2, 2012 @ 1:20 PM

I didn't like it at all. He screams to the teen dad "You don't own that, that's mine", it disgusted me. You don't own her either asshole.

Yes, he was her step father.

Im my opinion, he didn't "get" her pregnant, I'm sure she was a willing participant. And she also had a choice in wether to leave her house or not.

Edited by BessieLimpet, Aug 2, 2012 @ 1:22 PM.

ButterQueen

ButterQueen

Couch Potato

Posted Aug 2, 2012 @ 4:51 PM

Count me in on the hate of the step-father. He has serious anger issues. I know his wife was upset that her 17 year old daughter was pregnant, but could she have been any more heartless at the daughter's ultrasound. The girl was weeks from delivery, the mom sat in the chair and cried the whole time, without looking at the screen once, and then proceeded to lecture her daughter in the doctor's office about how disappointed she was in her, until the daughter just completely broke down. God that hurt my heart.

As for the other two---both are delusional and the daughter and her boyfriend were so lazy. Drove me nuts that they were upset with the grandmother when she wanted them to take care of their own baby. The grandmother watched the baby all day while they slept.

I can only hope there aren't too many pregnant moms/daughters for a whole season of shows.

BuddhaBelly

BuddhaBelly

Fanatic

Posted Aug 2, 2012 @ 6:39 PM

I guess he didn't bother me. I understood the context of him saying "This is mine" as in this is my daughter who is part of my family and I have the responsibility to take see to her well being in response to that boy's "I need to take care of my own" However, I readily admit my Daddy's Southern and only has three girls so I'm biased.

I also didn't think he was angrier than most dads would get if their 17 yr old got pregnant. I thought he did a good job of trying to back track on his anger and come to a consensus with the teens. He didn't just yell but stopped to talk and comfort.

I'm not going to say anything about the mom because she was going through her own hormonal upheaval with her pregnancy which I'm sure made everything worse.

marysue22

marysue22

Couch Potato

Posted Aug 2, 2012 @ 6:44 PM

Saw the preview for this show on the news and all I have to say is trash breeds trash. How much of a fucking failure do you have to be for your seventeen year old daughter to get knocked up at the same time as you?! Also, why be proud of it? Corporal punishment was obviously lacking in that household or at least a healthy dose of fear of your parents. Disgusting that an endless cycle of teen parents will continue with Liz's son.

Wok Chop

Wok Chop

Loyal Viewer

Posted Aug 2, 2012 @ 8:33 PM

What a bunch of horrible people!

Anyone besides me think the pregnant-by-her-ex lady got knocked up on purpose?

I agree with everything that has been said about the creepy stepdaddy. "THIS is MINE!" Jesus, what a creep! And I loved how he kept screaming at the babydaddy and, all of a sudden, they would both be sobbing together. Dude needs some meds.

These types of shows make a strong case for eugenics. :P

WhiteLock

WhiteLock

Channel Surfer

Posted Aug 5, 2012 @ 8:22 PM

the mom sat in the chair and cried the whole time, without looking at the screen once

She was staring at the screen the whole time. There was a second screen on the wall across from her that's there so the person getting the ultrasound can see clearly. You could see the daughter look at it often, as the tech pointed different things.

lvopera42

lvopera42

Channel Surfer

Posted Aug 6, 2012 @ 3:16 PM

See, I didn't have a big problem with the stepfather (who IMO used a poor choice of words when he said "This is MINE"). I think he was making a point to the boyfriend that until the kid steps up, gets a job and starts acting like a responsible father-to-be, step dad IS responsible for her because she isn't 18 yet. I just think he was frustrated (understandably so) and upset at the situation. Not knowing where she was while his wife is in labor? It's selfish on the daughter's part, for sure. But we are dealing with teenagers here...prime example of why they shouldn't be having a kid when they are still kids themselves. And frankly, her mother being so upset the whole time is completely understandable...she was a young teen mom, she knows how hard it is and wanted better for her daughter. Even with educating your kids about birth control, sometimes kids who were taught well STILL do stupid things and get pregnant. I think her reaction is certainly more realistic and appropriate than the other mom on this show who was happy about it! Speaking of that.....

SMH for the other twit and her mouth breathing boyfriend. Get your asses out of bed and take care of your baby!!! And the grandmother should have been firmer about saying "Okay, I get that you work crazy hours and I can help from this time to this so you can get just enough sleep to function, but I'm not going to be here all day while you two sleep all day!" Enabling them isn't helping. I don't have a problem with SOME help if they are at work in overlapping shifts, etc. That's one thing- but letting them sleep all day? Fo freaking way. That's buillshit.

GypRoseLee

GypRoseLee

Channel Surfer

Posted Jun 13, 2013 @ 5:37 AM

So surprised no one commented on the new season of this show I found it fascinating especially the hypocrisy of the mothers whom almost all of them had a baby without being married them selves and some of them teen moms themselves.

ghoulina

ghoulina

Fanatic

Posted Jun 13, 2013 @ 8:03 AM

This show is so depressing. It's like Teen Mom on steroids. How can so many young people be that ignorant? Did I really hear one of those girls (I think it was Shinayah?) say she didn't think she could get pregnant because the sex didn't last that long? She is just 14 and seems absolutely clueless. She looks terrified to be pregnant and thinks her mom will just take over for her when the baby comes out.

And these BOYS they are choosing to get pregnant with, thinking it's going to last forever. Yes, Chae, ignore the fact that your baby daddy doesn't have a job or a car and has his ex and other baby living w/ him at his parents house - ignore all that. You'll be together forever. BARF.

Then there's Michael - the kid w/ drug problems and a juvy record. Why would Kim's parents even let that dude come around their daughter? His mom is clearly in denial ("he's just a typical teenager"), so I don't see him stepping up anytime soon.

Then you have Nicole who's own baby daddy drama is worse than her pregnant teenager's. In fact, Mariah looks like she might have on the one decent teenage boyfriend on the show. We shall see. But it's surprising seeing the example her mother has set for her - she chose her boyfriend over her daughter and the daughter ended up moving out. Sad. Nicole needs to dump Austin like a sack of potatoes. He has guilt written all over his face, and clearly he thinks it's cute. He asked if cheating makes him a bad dad - well, yes, it does. Chronically disrespecting and betraying the mother of your children destroys the foundation of their family. Pig.

I just yell at my tv the entire time this is on.

So surprised no one commented on the new season of this show I found it fascinating especially the hypocrisy of the mothers whom almost all of them had a baby without being married them selves and some of them teen moms themselves.

It really is a cycle. That one mom, Nicole, she was only 33 and about to become a grandma. Her mom was 52 and about to become a GREAT-Grandma! I just can't.

BuddhaBelly

BuddhaBelly

Fanatic

Posted Jun 18, 2013 @ 10:08 PM

Lemhele seems depressed as hell. Shaniyah too but I'm trying to figure out if she really doesn't know or is it bravado that makes her believe that nothing is going to change after she has her baby. Going to Harvard and becoming is going to be a hard task when you get pregnant at 14 and your mom can barely manage because she has 4 other kids including a newborn and no support. A mess.

Nicole and Mariah aren't any better either. Did Mariah say that there were 5 other children at home? So, Nicole is 33 with 6 kids? And she is about to have her second child with another loser?

Kim's parents are dumb for letting her get involved with Michael and Kim is dumb for not seeing that he really is a loser.

Chae....honey, you got yourself in a messy situation. I hope you didn't get pregnant on purpose especially knowing the situation with the other baby mama.

StephInMN

StephInMN

Couch Potato

Posted Jun 19, 2013 @ 12:23 AM

I have only seen the first episode. Sheniyah seems depressed, as does her mother, but I also think Sheniyah might have been trying to rebel against the "control" she perceives her mom to have. I don't think she has a bad mom, just an overworked and tired one. The disappointment has to be astounding.

Kim said her mom was pregnant at 16, but she would have been born ten years after that...do we know where that child is? Kim has both parents in the home, and they seem like nice people. Kim will probably do okay if she can get rid of juvenile delinquent.

Mariah's situation is just sad. Her mom is with a cheating, possibly abusive boyfriend, yet continues to have children with him. Mariah might have a better boyfriend, strangely enough.

Chay (Shay?) is 19, so out of the "teenage" range. She is working full time and, I am assuming, out of high school. Her boyfriend is not going to be there, that's pretty much a certainty. Plus, child support will be diminished because how many kids can he support? And does she think there is nothing going on with his ex? Okey Doke.  I have no idea what's going on with her mom...did they get into her pregnancy and I missed it?

BuddhaBelly

BuddhaBelly

Fanatic

Posted Jun 19, 2013 @ 12:32 AM

Her mom is pregnant with her boyfriend of 12 years.

StephInMN

StephInMN

Couch Potato

Posted Jun 19, 2013 @ 2:51 AM

Thanks, Buddha Belly. I guess I missed that part entirely. Hopefully, her relationship won't be dramatic.

JCVinEden

JCVinEden

Fanatic

Posted Jun 19, 2013 @ 6:43 AM

Lemhele seems depressed as hell. Shaniyah too

Shaniyah should be depressed. She just fucked up her life royally, and I think she was overwhelmingly confused. She probably never even got a chance to go to her 9th grade health class where they explain some of this stuff to you.

Then there's Michael ... His mom is clearly in denial ("he's just a typical teenager")

That woman drove me nuts. "He's not a drug addict. He's not a criminal." Hello, lady?! Then why does he keep getting arrested and subjected to drug screening (which he fails!) all the time?

ghoulina

ghoulina

Fanatic

Posted Jun 19, 2013 @ 7:27 AM

Gah, I feel so bad for Mariah. It seems like she has never had a childhood - basically helped raise all of her siblings and kind of takes care of her mom as well. She does seem to have the best baby daddy of the bunch, though.

Michael is a freaking loser w/ an enabler for a mom. Kim just needs to get away fast. That dude aint never going to change.

I think Chae probably has the worst baby daddy, though. What a trashbox w/ that comment about where she could sit at the baby shower! But I kind of think Chae made her bed. She keeps saying it was important for London to have a father in her life - well, then you should have picked a dude who didn't knock another chick up (who is living with him still!) just a few months before you. Discernment, girls. It's called discernment.

Shaniyah is in such denial, so delusional it's scary. If she even finishes high school, let alone becomes a lawyer, I will eat my dirty socks.

TuneOut

TuneOut

Video Archivist

Posted Jun 19, 2013 @ 12:16 PM

Why do some of these women keep having kids when they can barely support the ones they have? I think it's Mariah's mom and Shaniyah's mom. Mariah's mom apparently can't even handle raising the kids she does have and is relying on Mariah to be a sort of substitute parent. Shaniyah's mom listed a bunch of names when asked by her friend about all the people she had to take care of (not sure if those were all her kids though).

But seriously, why do they think that bringing MORE children into these situations is a good idea? I want to know if either of them sat down and even ran some numbers to, say, try to figure out the approximate increase in their monthly bills or how to pay for college for all their children. Way to set great examples for your daughters.

Edited by TuneOut, Jun 19, 2013 @ 12:17 PM.

Recollected

Recollected

Loyal Viewer

Posted Jun 19, 2013 @ 12:33 PM

Why did TLC even approve this show? lol. Knock-off Teen Mom over here.

Meimeikittycat

Meimeikittycat

Loyal Viewer

Posted Jun 19, 2013 @ 12:57 PM

Michael's mother irritated me so badly that I could hardly concentrate on this train wreck of a show.  I wonder why she keeps making excuses for his awful behavior?  It doesn't seem to concern her at all that he's not trying to go to school, stay out of jail, support his soon to be born child.  It's just...ugh!

BuddhaBelly

BuddhaBelly

Fanatic

Posted Jun 19, 2013 @ 1:05 PM

Why do some of these women keep having kids when they can barely support the ones they have?

This bothers me the most especially with men that aren't shit! Both of them have loser baby daddies.

Lemhele needs to take Shaniyah's baby daddy to court and get him on some child support. IDGAF is he's 17 or whatever age Shaniyah is claiming at them moment. He needs to support his kid and there is something telling that his parents seem to care. I wonder if this is his first child.

ghoulina

ghoulina

Fanatic

Posted Jun 19, 2013 @ 1:55 PM

Why did TLC even approve this show? lol. Knock-off Teen Mom over here.

Definitely. They're totally trying to go there w/ it. Last season, didn't this show showcase a different family every week? Now they have 4 sets for the entire season. And the montage at the end, with the music - TOTALLY Teen Mom!

StephInMN

StephInMN

Couch Potato

Posted Jun 19, 2013 @ 4:00 PM

Michael's mother irritated me so badly that I could hardly concentrate on this train wreck of a show.  I wonder why she keeps making excuses for his awful behavior?  It doesn't seem to concern her at all that he's not trying to go to school, stay out of jail, support his soon to be born child.  It's just...ugh!

I hated that she kept saying he was a "typical teenager." No, he's not. I understand she would be defensive because he's her son, but I always told my son that even if he knocked up someone as a minor, he would be expected to pay child support. Why should the girl's family have to cover all of the bills? Michael will NOT be around to help raise the kid, but at least that teen mom had a good family who will help her get through college and be able to provide support for her child without him.

pcthegreat

pcthegreat

Channel Surfer

Posted Jun 19, 2013 @ 6:28 PM

Why doesn't Shaniya give up her bay for adoption?  She seems like she barely cares that she is pregnant.  Or is that not an option for her family since her mom kept all the kids she had?

It's too bad humans have to make a conscious effort to *not* have kids rather than have them.  None of these people need as many kids as they have other than maybe the married couple with the 42 year old mom.