Mariah Carey: Mimi got cash

This topic has been archived. This means that you cannot reply to this topic.

35 replies to this topic

kems28

kems28

Couch Potato

Posted Mar 21, 2013 @ 1:38 AM

To your point, OakGoblinfly, I also wish they would mix up the speaking order of the judges and give everyone an opportunity to have the last word, especially since they don't have a designated Simon-like closer on the panel. Mimi (while gracious and thoughtful to the contestants), shouldn't always be the closer unless she is able to deliver tough commentary (in a respectful manner) when needed.

From your fingers to Nigel's ears! I really liked the rotated speaking order, and I think it benefited Mariah greatly. Tonight was her best judging night yet for me (for you). She was able to give technical critiques, called out Paul on being in the wrong genre, and even got a few jokes in there! If they keep this up for the rest of the season I think it would be a big improvement.

larme

larme

Video Archivist

Posted Mar 21, 2013 @ 7:04 AM

Mariah gives the best constructive criticism when she tries. Keith's feedback is more general and focuses on the positive, Nicki says whatever the hell Nicki feels like saying - sometimes it's on point, sometimes it's waffles), Randy's almost always useless, but on a technical level Mariah gets more specific and she's able to be gentle about it.

Edited by larme, Mar 21, 2013 @ 7:06 AM.

anonymiss

anonymiss

Fanatic

• Interests:TV: Breaking Bad ...

Posted Mar 28, 2013 @ 3:23 AM

I'm surprised and disappointed to learn that Mariah is so irritatingly stupid and egomaniacal, and rather than critiquing the contestants (because she doesn't care and has nothing to add), she uses her time to attempt to one-up or undermine Nicki's every move or comment. It's so transparent and ineffectual, it's embarrassing. I've always enjoyed her music and listened to her interviews but I've now learned that she can only competently discuss herself and is a narcissist and moron. She boasts about being a beauty school drop-out--has she even graduated high school? I'm dubious.

mike

mike

Couch Potato

Posted Apr 11, 2013 @ 12:56 AM

After Mariah's endless critique of Lazaro's first song tonight, may I suggest an alternate thread title?

Mariah Carey: The Queen Of Babble-On

Actually, I've been thinking that most of the performance episodes... She manages to say nothing of value, but unlike Steven Tyler's "That was beautiful, man!", she takes forever to say it. I actually now FF through her segments, just to knock a half-hour off the show.

luckyroll3

luckyroll3

Couch Potato

Posted Apr 11, 2013 @ 12:13 PM

Mariah tossing glitter at Candace was one of the greatest things I have ever seen on this show! But seriously, does she just walk around with a pouch of it, like Tinkerbell and her fairy dust? If so, I need to see more random glitter tossing please.

yourpointis

yourpointis

Fanatic

Posted Apr 12, 2013 @ 7:06 PM

I don't know if this is sad or funny. I hope it is okay to post this here. It's an obvious blind about Mimi.

This Judge Is So Insecure