S14: Ian: Watching You Sleep Since He Was 10 Years Old

This topic has been archived. This means that you cannot reply to this topic.

23 replies to this topic

TWoP Mars

TWoP Mars

Stalker

Posted Jul 15, 2012 @ 1:17 AM

Ian Terry

legaleagle44

legaleagle44

Stalker

• Interests:Foreign language and culture study, cooking, dancing, music, reading, and television, of course!

Posted Jul 16, 2012 @ 3:10 PM

Did you know that he's been watching the show ever since he was ten years old? And that Boogie is his idol?

Despite his mega-weirdness (and the fact that he's young enough to be my son), I have to confess that I somehow found his running around the house in his boxers (not to mention naked at one point) somewhat hot. Either I need to get out more, or else I need to have my boyfriend come over more often.

rose313

rose313

Channel Surfer

Posted Jul 16, 2012 @ 8:46 PM

I liked that he seemed to be inspecting the house in anticipation for upcoming competitions, tucking himself under the table, pacing back and forth, covering every corner of the house, strategizing.

That, or he's completely nuts. I'm going with nuts.

EmoPinata

EmoPinata

Channel Surfer

Posted Jul 21, 2012 @ 1:12 PM

This kid is BB Rainman.
Ian names every evicted HG ever

Edited by EmoPinata, Jul 21, 2012 @ 1:13 PM.

Huntsy

Huntsy

Couch Potato

Posted Jul 22, 2012 @ 10:06 PM

I am thinking he is on the autism spectrum or has aspergers. When Boggie asked him permission to shake his hand.
My son was mis diagnosed with Aspergers and some of his camp buddies had these type of behaviors.

hoosier

hoosier

Stalker

Posted Jul 23, 2012 @ 6:59 AM

Ian on a date, with his cute little bow tie? Adorable. A likeable houseguest.

JediDVguy

JediDVguy

Couch Potato

Posted Jul 23, 2012 @ 10:00 AM

Yeah, it's bothering me to see all of these houseguests calling him "weird" and "creepy" when his behavior can so clearly be attributed to autism. The toe-walking is a dead giveaway.

sleekandchic

sleekandchic

Fanatic

• Interests:Child welfare and social reform

Posted Jul 23, 2012 @ 1:22 PM

I think Ian is highly intelligent and super alert to his surroundings and his castmates. In my opinion, at this point anyway, Ian might be the stealth guest to be reckoned with as the game moves forward.

sissykay

sissykay

Stalker

Posted Jul 24, 2012 @ 11:52 PM

I am thinking he is on the autism spectrum or has aspergers.

this is what I think as well. It also bothers me that they describe him negatively.

JudgeJudy

JudgeJudy

Just Tuned In

Posted Jul 26, 2012 @ 7:48 AM

When I first saw him on my screen I thought he was just acting this way so people would not view him as a serious gamer threat. I now think this is his all around personality but he is funny and growing on me.

Edited by JudgeJudy, Jul 26, 2012 @ 7:49 AM.

PreTense

PreTense

Loyal Viewer

Posted Jul 29, 2012 @ 8:43 AM

Ian seems like the type who makes extensive use of Playboy. With his near-photographic memory, did he recognize Kara as a Playmate of the Year?

Saeward

Saeward

Couch Potato

Posted Jul 31, 2012 @ 3:43 AM

Boys under about 50 don't pay much attention to Playboy any more--there are many better, cheaper, more easily accessible and more explicit sources available.

I can see why people think Ian is odd, but I think he's adorable. My only negatives for him are:
1. Being that big a fan of Big Brother is just bizarre. Watch it? Fine. Want to be on it? Sure. But the show is so tacky and weird, it's really not worthy of Superfans.
2. The volunteering for Have Not status every week is sad, unless it draws guaranteed benefits (which is definitely doesn't) or if he really truly likes slop (very doubtful).

jr352

jr352

Couch Potato

Posted Jul 31, 2012 @ 5:58 PM

I wanna like him but he's a super fan in the same way that Adam was a super fan, just being in the house is enough for him. He's not doing anything past that.

Xingu

Xingu

Couch Potato

Posted Aug 3, 2012 @ 6:12 AM

The toe-walking is a dead giveaway.

Heyy!!! I'm a toe-walker. But it comes from not wanting to awaken an alcoholic, abusive, sexually-sadistic father. I'm sure you meant no offense, but please let's not be so quick to generalize. Thanks.

ilovetv9545

ilovetv9545

Channel Surfer

Posted Sep 1, 2012 @ 12:20 PM

I dont know what to think about Ian i go back and fourth. I think he needs to be responsible for his moves and not be such a ***** its a game. It seems like he knows how to play all sides of the house but once he voted Mike out he dug his own grave. That being said hes probably smarter than anyone of us.

MethodActor05

MethodActor05

Stalker

Posted Sep 10, 2012 @ 1:54 AM

It was pretty adorable watching him open up his Christmas gifts like he was 9 years old. And then with the second Pandora's Box, having to listen to Rachel talk.

JudyObscure

JudyObscure

Fanatic

Posted Sep 20, 2012 @ 12:08 PM

My favorite winner ever!

Ian was smart, fun to watch, and as "nice" as a person can be in this game without being evicted. I also think he was very good looking.

EmoPinata

EmoPinata

Channel Surfer

Posted Sep 20, 2012 @ 3:20 PM

♥♥♥Team Ian!!♥♥♥ Super entertaining this season, so glad he won. I love how people say Dan G is the greatest player ever, and Ian BEAT him!!! Quack, quack!!

MethodActor05

MethodActor05

Stalker

Posted Sep 21, 2012 @ 2:11 PM

I think there's an incredibly good chance that Ian will wind up blowing through this money to buy toys for his new "friends" that are bound to show. I hope he immediately pays off his student loans, but Ian has such a bad bullshit meter that I can see him getting used in the worst way.

Edited by MethodActor05, Sep 21, 2012 @ 2:12 PM.

punishinglight

punishinglight

Couch Potato

Posted Sep 21, 2012 @ 9:20 PM

I'm so happy Ian won. His jury speech was flawless, and his game was very solid. As much as I agree with Janelle about how strong Dan's gameplay was, if he's going to be beat by somebody, Ian is the person to beat him. I have no doubt that The Powers That Be will bring him back soon. See you then, Ian!

Ian was smart, fun to watch, and as "nice" as a person can be in this game without being evicted. I also think he was very good looking.

I totally agree. Anyone else think the clip in week 2 where it showed him wandering around the house in his boxers and being strange and hiding under furniture and slapping his own bottom was actually cute and somewhat enticing? Just me? Ok.

Edited by punishinglight, Sep 21, 2012 @ 9:23 PM.

ReiMehari

ReiMehari

Couch Potato

Posted Sep 22, 2012 @ 9:52 AM

I love Ian. He was among the two I rooted for throughout the season.

After Dan, he's my second favorite winner.

ReiMehari

ReiMehari

Couch Potato

Posted Sep 24, 2012 @ 9:55 AM

He's definitely me second favorite winner, next to Dan.

Petunia13

Petunia13

Fanatic

Posted Dec 23, 2012 @ 2:46 PM

One of the most repulsive HG ever. He makes my skin crawl. He looks like a Lord of the Rings character, is socially awkward and creepy, and had shitty game play.

He won because the jury was bitter to DAN! many times he was duped by Dan and the others. His stragery was to align with others who had strategy and go for the ride.

ReiMehari

ReiMehari

Couch Potato

Posted Apr 27, 2013 @ 12:26 PM

I wonder, has he re-watched the season?

I'd love to see his thoughts on it.