If you see a post you think is trolling or violating the posting rules described in the FAQ, you can report it. This helps alert the mod team about shit-disturbers so we can break out the size nines.
A troll may:
- post offensive messages only to get you angry
- post the same thing over and over again to take up space and ruin the flow of the forums
- post only to intrude on your goodwill and advertise some crap-ass site or try to sell you bootleg copies of something
- start hurling insults left and right in hopes of starting a flame war
A troll is not:
- someone who -- in the course of a real debate or discussion -- pisses you off with a opinion that is different from yours
Other problems you should report:
- Threads or posts started in the wrong areas
- Unnecessary duplicate thread started (eg. two threads about same character or show)
- Threads in all-caps, excessive and excited punctuation, etc.
- Episode threads in wrong format
- Bad spoiler tagging
- Boards on boards comments, or other violations of rules in the FAQ.
To report a post:
At the bottom right of the post, click the "Report" link. Doing that will open a text box where you should briefly describe the problem:
Click "Submit Report," and you're done.
The report will automatically quote the entire post you are reporting, and include links to both the thread and that specific post, so you don't need to do anything else. Moderators review reports regularly; about 95% are handled the same day. A few take longer if we need to investigate a little more (or we're swamped).
Thanks for your help!