Here Comes Honey Boo Boo

• Please log in to reply

3869 replies to this topic

cooksdelight

cooksdelight

Stalker

Posted Jul 14, 2013 @ 4:04 PM

In the first season, the second daughter was starting high school and wanted to lose weight. She wanted to fit in with the other kids. She said that as she sat there stuffing chips into her mouth. So June said she'd lose weight too in support of her. June weighed 306 at that point, Alana weighed right at 70 lbs (she was 6) and I think the daughter weighed 170. They've only gotten bigger because they just don't care what they eat as long as it's fast and comes in a big plastic jar -- you know, like cheese puffs.

The only 6 yr old weighing that much that I've ever known personally was my cousin's son who went on to play college football. I don't see Alana on the gridiron.

myfeetarecute

myfeetarecute

Loyal Viewer

Posted Jul 14, 2013 @ 7:03 PM

'Sketti'. With mounds of margarine and ketchup. The mind boggles, and the stomach turns.

They all love it. Am I missing something?

tany1819

tany1819

Couch Potato

Posted Jul 15, 2013 @ 7:46 AM

I didn't see Anna in any of the photos, are they sure she was there? I thought she didn't live with the family when they aren't filming,

On facebook June mentioned that Anna and Kaityln stayed home while the rest did the press tour.

June will be hitting the morning show circut this week without Alana since Alana wanted to have some free time and hang out with family.

That's one thing I do have to commend this family on. Unlike some other TLC families (Hi Gosselins! Hi Duggars!) they aren't constantly dragging their children around from camera to camera.

Absolom

Absolom

Fanatic

Posted Jul 15, 2013 @ 9:38 AM

That's one thing I do have to commend this family on. Unlike some other TLC families (Hi Gosselins! Hi Duggars!) they aren't constantly dragging their children around from camera to camera.

Thankfully June doesn't drag Alana around as much as the Duggars, but she has done plenty of dragging Alana to interviews.  The last press tour I saw that child on three shows in one day.  Hopefully at least one was pre-taped.  What she does appear to do in my opinion is read or listen to the criticism and at least appear to take some action on the ones she finds valid. 

Edited by Absolom, Jul 15, 2013 @ 9:39 AM.

SmhJess

SmhJess

Channel Surfer

Posted Jul 15, 2013 @ 5:50 PM

I refuse to buy a magazine to smell this, but other than gasoline and peppery ass what do they smell like? I've always assumed their house smelled of unwashed clothes and animals. They had a pig living in a pack n play, have to wash their hair in the kitchen sink and dump that water in the yard so my guess is one of the smells is not pinesol or fresh linens.

myfeetarecute

myfeetarecute

Loyal Viewer

Posted Jul 15, 2013 @ 6:54 PM

I refuse to buy a magazine to smell this, but other than gasoline and peppery ass what do they smell like? I've always assumed their house smelled of unwashed clothes and animals. They had a pig living in a pack n play, have to wash their hair in the kitchen sink and dump that water in the yard so my guess is one of the smells is not pinesol or fresh linens.

'Sketti?' Or maybe 'forklift foot?'

girlinjeans

girlinjeans

Couch Potato

Posted Jul 15, 2013 @ 7:46 PM

Perhaps some of the smells are sweaty neckroll b.o. or dirty pigpen linens or morning breath or unwashed "biscuit" odor. yech.

Petunia13

Petunia13

Fanatic

Posted Jul 15, 2013 @ 7:55 PM

This schick has run it's course. It's the opposite of the Paris Hilton "that's hot" rich hot bitch shoved in our faces and the Jessica Simpson bubble head blond bimbo. They are depicting themselves as...less than intelligent too but unlike them they are poor or were and fat. I'm not sure if anyone dropped the weight they'd be cute even Alana since they look typical. They don't have to be cute. But if they are going to be trashy and vapid at least bring something to the table.

ShaNaeNae

ShaNaeNae

Fanatic

Posted Jul 18, 2013 @ 6:45 AM

Anyone watch last night?  I purposely didn't have my scratch and sniff card.  It was...interesting.

The only thing I took away (besides the knowledge that the whole family is gaining weight by the minute) is Sugar Bear is a sweetheart.  They're all so odd, but I can say he really loves June undoubtedly.

Merree

Merree

Video Archivist

Posted Jul 18, 2013 @ 7:16 AM

I didn't buy People magazine to get the scratch n' sniff card, either.  When John Waters did it it was novel, and inspired, and different.  When TLC did it, it was like Liza Minelli when asked to sing Over The Rainbow:  "It's been done".  Yawn...

For the 2-3 people left on the planet that don't know that pro wrestling is staged,  may I suggest the documentary on the subject that Steve Allen narrated for the Biography Channel ? 

I watched the whole hour, lost IQ points,  and laughed twice.  It wasn't worth it.

This show is exploitative and excessively producer-driven, even for TLC.

Enough fart jokes already.  Most of the viewers aren't in elementary school anymore.

Edited by Merree, Jul 18, 2013 @ 7:17 AM.

ghoulina

ghoulina

Fanatic

Posted Jul 18, 2013 @ 7:17 AM

Thoughts on last night's episode:

I think I would do my chores in about 5 seconds flat if I had to listen to June yelling like that.

Why on earth does Alana have a cell phone at age 7????

How much more redneck can you get than a wrestling move called "cup-a-fart"?

June's cooking would turn me anorexic.

I would kill my kids if they made that mess in my house w/ their slip n slide.

Alana already has bubbies. At seven. That is NOT a good sign.

June is, once again, so dismissive of SB. Can't even put her phone down for 5 minutes when he brings her flowers.

Anna needs to stop w/ her wanna-be, club, sexy dancing thing because it just looks ridiculous.

June has never driven?? How does she get herself and her girls around?

June reminds me of Chunk from Goonies.

There was ONE moment that made me laugh, not cringe - when Alana said that she wants porcupine roadkill because you can pick your teeth with their quills! Roadkill is nasty, but I thought that was a clever thing to say.

Merree

Merree

Video Archivist

Posted Jul 18, 2013 @ 7:35 AM

I thought the same thing about June's screeching.  I also noticed that Alana needs a bra.  It's nice to see a kid with that much confidence but IMO, that kid's pageant days are over. 

IMO the producers put the kids up to the antics with the butter.  That's why June didn't do a lot of cussing and other OTT stuff when she saw the mess.  She was being filmed and she knew something was probably coming, but she didn't know what. 

I liked the "Hog Jowls" chant on the way to get the pig and back, but that was probably producer-driven, too.

I also liked the part when June told one of her girls to put the pig's tail on her head because she wanted blonde highlights, anyway.

June just looked at SB when he made the crack about the tow truck in reference to her having to be pulled away from the barriers at the go kart track.  She probably knew it was coming.

ghoulina

ghoulina

Fanatic

Posted Jul 18, 2013 @ 8:22 AM

It's nice to see a kid with that much confidence but IMO, that kid's pageant days are over.

IMO, she's over-confident. June is raising her to think being morbidly obese is "beautiful". Yes, beauty can come in many sizes, but these people are not healthy. June is so overweight, yet she refers to herself as "voluptuous". They are in extreme denial.

tany1819

tany1819

Couch Potato

Posted Jul 18, 2013 @ 10:11 AM

I had this show on in the background as I was cleaning up around the house. I pretty much gave up after the cup a fart thing. Between that and June screeching about the girls needing to do their chores I was done.

Count me in as someone alarmed by the weight gain. Alana looks really bad. I actually think everyone looks terrible except for June who has gotten better looking and Kaitlyn is becoming a little cutie. You can tell that Sugarbear really is going through some health issues because he looked weak and just beyond tired.

GypRoseLee

GypRoseLee

Channel Surfer

Posted Jul 18, 2013 @ 10:47 AM

My power was out all night are the new episodes available anywhere?There are not on again for a few days on TLC and my six year old is highly upset.

kccody

kccody

Couch Potato

Posted Jul 18, 2013 @ 11:00 AM

I also noticed that Alana needs a bra.

Alana already has bubbies. At seven. That is NOT a good sign.

This!  Every female in the whole family with the exception of the teen mom (never learned their names) are overweight. So sad. Alana DID look like she needed a bra- and she is what, 7?

Edited by kccody, Jul 18, 2013 @ 11:01 AM.

Absolom

Absolom

Fanatic

Posted Jul 18, 2013 @ 11:38 AM

Free Sugarbear!  I hate to see June not give Sugarbear his due.  No other man has been willing to take her and the girls on.  I really don't like her attitude toward him at all.

ShaNaeNae

ShaNaeNae

Fanatic

Posted Jul 18, 2013 @ 11:41 AM

Yeah, I totally can't believe they aired SB saying he has a chubby for his chubby.  Ew and ew.

I would kill my kids if they made that mess in my house w/ their slip n slide.

My kids would know better, but just in case they had a serious case of amnesia, I'd remind them very quick, and very fast why that shit doesn't fly.  What are they pigs?  Animals?  That's beyond normal human behavior.  I'd also find the producer who thought this would be funny and hang him by his balls.  If they said what Alana & Co. said that they were bored and not knowing what to do without a cell phone, they'd never get it back after that.  If this is how they behave without a cell phone, well, you're going to need to know how to behave like a human and you obviously can't cope without the phone.  So no more phone until you act like civilized people.

June is, once again, so dismissive of SB. Can't even put her phone down for 5 minutes when he brings her flowers.

I know!  I find myself worrying every time, hoping his feelings aren't getting hurt.  Such a redneck sweetheart.  "I went (walked) to the fillin station across the street to get ma dip & saw these here flawrs for June & thought awd git um".  She's like, "what did you do"?  I know we women tend to think that, but she should be used to his romantic side.

Anna needs to stop w/ her wanna-be, club, sexy dancing thing because it just looks ridiculous.

I know, she did it twice.  I think it's like the only 2 confessionals she's had since the show ever started.  She seems a little slow.  I can't believe she's a mother.

While she's obviously the lone thin one of the family, I think the prettiest and has the best personality is Chubbs/Jessica.  I have a feeling Pumpkin is going to follow Uncle Poodle one day in the gay pride parade.  She's just got very butch tendencies.

Speaking of Uncle Poodle, I wonder why he didn't come go-karting with them, or go to wrestling with them?  Uncle Poodle is clearly the Cousin Amy of the Duggars.  He's suddenly involved in all family outings that involve a TLC film crew.  Cameras there?  Here come Cousin Amy or Uncle Poodle.

I know she's driven.  I can't think of a perfect example when, but I know she has.  What about when she goes shopping with her coupons?  She drives.

Cracks me up every time her phone goes off and she sticks it smack right in front of her eyes.  Why doesn't she go get contacts or glasses?

ETA: GypRoseLee they're not repeating today? I feel bad for y'all. I checked You Tube and TLC and nothing except it's available on iTunes for purchase. I hate that TLC is so stingy with their videos.

Edited by ShaNaeNae, Jul 18, 2013 @ 11:48 AM.

ChicksDigScars

ChicksDigScars

Couch Potato

Posted Jul 18, 2013 @ 11:44 AM

I had to laugh at Sugie last night. One of his lines was "I've got a chubby for my chubby." It IS sweet that he does love June and all the girls unconditionally, Include me in his fanclub. There was another line last night that made me laugh out loud, also uttered by Sugar Bear, but I'm drawing a blank. 

And the layout of that house would piss me off! The girls can't go in and out of their own rooms or the only bathroom, without stomping through Sugar Bear and June's bedroom? Oh, HELL no. Although, I thought June's line about the girls not being able to sneak in or out was pretty funny.

The Country Crock Clip and Slide? Totally staged. How could ANYONE possibly think that was okay, even the Boo Boos. 

WhitneyWhit

WhitneyWhit

Fanatic

Posted Jul 18, 2013 @ 12:06 PM

I agree with those who say that Alana's pageant days are (hopefully) behind her. God forgive me, but that child isn't cute, and her weight gain has only made it worse. I noticed several times last night that her stomach was hanging over her pants.

Chubbs and Pumpkin seem so unmotivated and uninterested in life, they only perk up when they think they get to do something loud or destructive, and even then they get bored with that. Producer driven or not, that butter thing was ridiculous and those kids are way too damn old for a stunt like that. All I could think while watching that was that if my mom had walked in on me wearing a garbage bag and smearing butter on myself at 16, she would have gotten me some help. Seriously, what was that? Unless you were raised by wolves or left a mental treatment facility early, that should not be a solution to boredom.

WTF is wrong with Anna? Why was she arguing with that wrestler? And why was she trying to booty dance in the parking lot?

CaliBabyDolly

CaliBabyDolly

Video Archivist

Posted Jul 18, 2013 @ 12:13 PM

Didn't we hear mama June had lost a bunch of weight? I think they all look like they gained weight, especially her! I was almost expecting her to look like Anna.

And I never noticed Alanas new boobs....I was looking at her face the whole time and thinking she is a miniature of her daddy. Wow! I will have to go back and watch for the new fat girl boobs, which is sad really. It probably means she will be getting her period soon AND could get pregnant like here sister if she isn't careful! Sickening....

*and could June possibly have driven before her eyes got so bad? I'm sure she used to drive to the store. I was eyeballing her coupon stockpile and they had the labels turned around (as not to advertise for those companies?) The girls are old enough to drive her around now.

Edited by CaliBabyDolly, Jul 18, 2013 @ 12:17 PM.

blanchowens

blanchowens

Video Archivist

Posted Jul 18, 2013 @ 12:13 PM

I scheduled this on my TIVO Season Pass and watched half of this new episode, and that's as far as I could get. I deleted it and the season pass. It's all so staged and not very "real" anymore and they make them do stuff just for the shock factor. Sorry, I won't be watching it anymore. I think this show has played itself out.

CaliBabyDolly

CaliBabyDolly

Video Archivist

Posted Jul 18, 2013 @ 12:19 PM

My husband went upstairs after about 3 minutes, he said exactly the same thing....totally staged.

StripperGlitter

StripperGlitter

Video Archivist

Posted Jul 18, 2013 @ 12:41 PM

The whole head-bobbing thing Alana does must stop. It wasn't cute then it's not cute now. Even more not cute because she's older and does it frequently.

Poor Sugar Bear. He seems like a nice guy, he deserves more attention and appreciation from June. Though admittedly we only see a small portion of their interactions, so maybe she's more loving, etc off-camera.

amazinglybored

amazinglybored

Couch Potato

Posted Jul 18, 2013 @ 12:54 PM

I got sucked back in by putting TLC on at the wrong moment. They're worse than I remember them being and it was so fake, I think they're already -more- messed up now, though. I just ended kind of hating myself watching it, feeling sorry for them and being disgusted.

I find it interesting that June is the only one who lost any weight, it looks like all of her daughters (aside from teen mom) have gained.

There might need to be a free Sugar Bear movement, but maybe it's a shtick? 

njmama

njmama

Couch Potato

Posted Jul 18, 2013 @ 1:37 PM

Why doesn't she go get contacts or glasses?

This!  I'm sure she can afford an eye exam now.   She lost all this weight, why not get some contacts so you can see yourself in the mirror?

Alana gained a lot of weight from last season.  Can't be healthy for a little girl.  Last season's finale, they couldn't even fasten her dress in the pageant, it had to be safety pinned.  Mama June said she had to stop eating all those chicken nuggets.  Yeah, chicken nuggets are healthy compared to the sketti and massive amounts of cheese balls she's shoving in.  I hope by June losing weight she'd encourage her daughters, with the exception of Anna, to get healthier as well.

Alana looks just like Sugar Bear with that awkward smile.  I'm glad we're seeing more of him.  He seems to balance out the cray cray of all the girls.

cooksdelight

cooksdelight

Stalker

Posted Jul 18, 2013 @ 1:40 PM

She's blind as a bat. I watched some of Season 1 the other day when they were running them, and when they went to play bingo, I think Anna drove. June makes this downright evil face when she squints. Why doesn't she get her eyes examined and get some glasses? She'd never be able to maintain contacts, that requires keeping them sanitary.

Anna is thin because she lives with her grandmother. She doesn't live with the family, she moved out when she got pregnant, I think. I am sure her eating habits away from this bunch are much healthier.

I've recorded the show to save for when my boyfriend is here to watch it with me. If I have to watch it to see what these people did, so does he. LOL

ghoulina

ghoulina

Fanatic

Posted Jul 18, 2013 @ 1:48 PM

I know, she did it twice.  I think it's like the only 2 confessionals she's had since the show ever started.  She seems a little slow.  I can't believe she's a mother.

She DOES seem slow. A bit off. I think June takes care of Kaitlyn more than she does.

While she's obviously the lone thin one of the family, I think the prettiest and has the best personality is Chubbs/Jessica.  I have a feeling Pumpkin is going to follow Uncle Poodle one day in the gay pride parade.  She's just got very butch tendencies.

I agree about Jessica. If she could get to a healthy weight, she could be very pretty. Pumpkin just seems kind of serial-killerish to me.

I know she's driven.  I can't think of a perfect example when, but I know she has.  What about when she goes shopping with her coupons?  She drives.

Well, is she driving illegally? She said she was legally driven before and had never driven before the go-karts? Is she lying? Who knows with these people....

Violet13

Violet13

Loyal Viewer

Posted Jul 18, 2013 @ 2:48 PM

Went to go picky my son up from his friends house last night, they were all watching this nonsense when I arrived. I walked in to see a teenager rubbing margarine all over her head. What in the ever loving fuck?

ghoulina

ghoulina

Fanatic

Posted Jul 18, 2013 @ 3:03 PM

Went to go picky my son up from his friends house last night, they were all watching this nonsense when I arrived. I walked in to see a teenager rubbing margarine all over her head. What in the ever loving fuck?

The girls were bored because June took their phones away as punishment for not doing their chores (I guess going outside or reading a book never occurred to them). So they greased themselves and poured cooking oil all over the floor, to create an indoor, redneck slip n slide.