Here Comes Honey Boo Boo

• Please log in to reply

3869 replies to this topic

Bajovane

Bajovane

Loyal Viewer

Posted May 10, 2013 @ 2:03 PM

That shopping spree must have made Momma June and little honey child very hungry and here they both are seen on the streets of NYC enjoying their huge ice cream treats !

http://perezhilton.c...n-new-york-city

Where I come from, that's not a huge ice cream treat...  Just sayin'  (Try tripling the size of that... )

I see the wedding dress June wore.  For her and her family - it fits the lifestyle.  If that is a true wedding (not just for show) then I am happy for June and Sugar Bear.  After a string of failed relationships, the fact that she's been with this one man for as long as she has is saying something.  Say what you will of him - I like him.  He has stuck with this family because he cares about them.  A lot of other guys would have run for the hills long ago.

King Cat Sam

King Cat Sam

Fanatic

Posted May 10, 2013 @ 2:15 PM

Good thing they were not at one of those 'pump your own serving's - I could imagine how both of them would exaggerate the idea or thought of this and continue with the piles of adds ons.

I love frozen treats but I watch the serving size which should be about a half cup. I sometimes feel silly ordering the bambino baby size at the counters but I easily could eat an entire small tub and possibly end up being tubby sized as the 'Boo gang'

Absolom

Absolom

Fanatic

Posted May 10, 2013 @ 3:59 PM

The treats weren't small.  Perhaps huge was exaggeration, but large would certainly fit.  The dress may have fit with the image June likes to project, but in my mind it certainly doesn't keep it from being hideous.  June surely seems to me to love the garish and outrageous as it draws more attention to herself.

girlinjeans

girlinjeans

Couch Potato

Posted May 10, 2013 @ 9:32 PM

King Cat Sam wrote:

"Let's all raise our moonshine filled mason jars and toast the Boo's."

HaHaHa
So funny and yet probably so true.

King Cat Sam

King Cat Sam

Fanatic

Posted May 10, 2013 @ 10:10 PM

Ha, I was half right. Here is a pic and they are drinking from 'fluted-mason jars'

Classy - hillbilly style

http://www.okmagazin...-wedding?page=7

micaki

micaki

Loyal Viewer

Posted May 19, 2013 @ 5:59 AM

Ha, I was half right. Here is a pic and they are drinking from 'fluted-mason jars'

Classy - hillbilly style

http://www.okmagazin...-wedding?page=7

Nothing "fluted" about them. They are just regular ole Mason-type canning jars. The top is designed that way so one can screw the "band" (or ring) & "flat" (w/rubber seal on bottom) on to seal the product inside. The glasses & bands get reused for years if the are clean & undamaged. Anyone with a supply of jars & rings just has to buy flats to be able to use 'em again. It saves a ton of money!

They sell 'em with handles (frequently used as drinking glasses) & without by a box of a dozen in most stores that sell canning supplies. People that grow, harvest & store their garden bounty will sometimes put up their jams, jellies or preserves in the ones with handles & give as gifts. The receiver gets to enjoy using the glass long after the homemade goodie is gone. It's not unusual to see restaurant here in the south use them for drinking glasses. Some cliché restaurants use 'em too. But those are just regular canning jars with a handle, not "fluted" or special.

I didn't notice Anna or Kaitlyn in any of the photos on the several articles I've read. I wonder if either were there. I don't recall seeing June's Mom either but do remember seeing Uncle Poodle.

IF June lost 100 lbs during off season it looks like she's found it.

Alana has definitely gained weight. I'd love for Weight Watchers to sign the whole family on so that they can learn how to eat healthy & exercise to lose weight properly & maintain it. None of that per packaged food crap will help them. They need to learn the basics of a healthy diet so they can keep it up long after the cameras are packed up & moved on to the next train wreck.

SnarkMouse

SnarkMouse

Couch Potato

Posted May 19, 2013 @ 6:52 AM

I think the fluted part is that the Mason jars are stemmed:

http://www.tmz.com/2...ails-roast-pig/

In the picture in the earlier posted link, June has her hand actually underneath the jar in a way that looks like she's balancing it on her fist, so she's probably holding onto the stemmed part.

Absolom

Absolom

Fanatic

Posted May 19, 2013 @ 4:05 PM

Yes, I think they meant stemmed not fluted Mason jars.  I think they're kind of cute in a very tacky way.  They do fit in quite well with the over top shoving the motif down everyone's throat thing June had going on. 

King Cat Sam

King Cat Sam

Fanatic

Posted May 19, 2013 @ 6:16 PM

I think the flute shape got lost or  could not be noticed due to the camoflage theme.

Edited by King Cat Sam, May 19, 2013 @ 6:17 PM.

BitTooFairyTale

BitTooFairyTale

Channel Surfer

Posted May 23, 2013 @ 9:27 PM

Mason jars at weddings are actually on-trend right now* The stems on them are hideous and make it trashy, but mason jars themselves are good.

The "candy bar" could actually be on trend too, if it had been done in a cuter way (i.e. not loading them up with boxes of candy)...I recently attended a circus-inspired wedding that served cotton candy and popcorn. When I heard of it I was like "wait, what? This sounds like a trainwreck" but it was actually gorgeous and whimsical. I can see how a Boo Boo wedding could actually be really sweet and charming if done properly. I will admit, June's makeup and hair look lovely on her, and the style of the dress is much more flattering than anything I would've expected. I certainly couldn't picture her in a white wedding gown, and while I think the camo/orange is way too over the top, it certainly does fit her style.

*I'm planning my sister's wedding and mason jars are all over the magazines/blogs/etc, I don't just randomly know this information.

melissa1925

melissa1925

Fanatic

Posted May 28, 2013 @ 7:59 AM

"The Pig Who Stole The Show"

Which one?

They "unofficially tied the knot"          What does that mean?

"Looks like Mama June found the 100 lbs that she lost post season"

Hahahaha.

cooksdelight

cooksdelight

Stalker

Posted May 28, 2013 @ 10:21 AM

They "unofficially tied the knot"          What does that mean?

To me, it means they are not legally married.

jerseydevil

jerseydevil

Fanatic

Posted May 28, 2013 @ 2:20 PM

I interpret "unofficially tied the knot" to mean they had a ceremony, but didn't obtain a license or any paperwork that would make it legal.  It was a dog and pony show.

StinkPill

StinkPill

Couch Potato

Posted May 28, 2013 @ 2:23 PM

That is an insult to dogs and ponies. :p

silverspoons

silverspoons

Couch Potato

Posted May 28, 2013 @ 3:49 PM

The  ceremony was just a commitment ceremony, if it had been a real marriage some internet sleuth would have found a marriage certificate by now. On one hand I'm glad Mama June did not just get married because TLC wanted a her to, but she did sell out a little a bit because every TLC series has some sort of wedding. Sugar Bear is in the hospital again. I really hope they use some money for good medical care and healthy choices.

jerseydevil

jerseydevil

Fanatic

Posted May 28, 2013 @ 7:24 PM

That is an insult to dogs and ponies. :p

You're absolutely right!  My abject apologies!

King Cat Sam

King Cat Sam

Fanatic

Posted May 28, 2013 @ 8:53 PM

Instead of tying the knot - should have pinned a dog's tail on a pony !

fuzzy slippers

fuzzy slippers

Loyal Viewer

Posted May 30, 2013 @ 3:46 PM

Looks like this has been a rough week for the family. Sugar Bear is back in the hospital with some mysterious ailment after collapsing last Friday, and their dog China was hit by a car and run over.

http://www.today.com...-dog-6C10135586

Major Misfit

Major Misfit

Fanatic

Posted May 30, 2013 @ 7:42 PM

Not at all surprised China was hit by a car...the dog was constantly outside and unleashed. In the linked story, of course June blames the driver who "left the dog to die." Yeah, it couldn't have been YOUR fault June for letting the dog run around totally unsupervised. It wouldn't surprise me that, had it not been for the car, poor China would have died a miserable death from heartworm disease that I don't doubt she had.

Zahdii

Zahdii

Couch Potato

Posted Jun 8, 2013 @ 2:47 AM

Just got done watching a repeat of Jimmy Kimmel's Cinco de Mayo show.  He led with pictures of the boo boo parent's wedding photos.  As adults who are making their 15 minutes extend as long as possible with outrageous antics, I had no problem with the bride and groom being held up for some snark.  I got a bit worried when a picture of Alana was shown.  Lets face it, someone dressed her in a pretty loud bridesmaid outfit. 

Thankfully, the audience stayed fairly quiet and Jimmy contented himself with only one comment:  "That dress looks like a flamingo and a tea cozy mated at Lady Gaga's place."

http://covetherclose...boo-boo-467.jpg

huahaha

huahaha

Couch Potato

Posted Jun 13, 2013 @ 9:13 AM

Mason jars at weddings are actually on-trend right now* The stems on them are hideous and make it trashy, but mason jars themselves are good.

The "candy bar" could actually be on trend too, if it had been done in a cuter way (i.e. not loading them up with boxes of candy)

This drives me crazy. (Not your comment, but the trend itself.) Mason jars and candy bars are not chic because rich people choose to appropriate them but trashy when displayed by the people who actually use those items!

Classism is bad enough when people put on airs about champagne vs beer, competitive NYC preschools vs baby beauty pageants, etc. But now, the same people who sneer at Honey Boo Boo's family later decide to have a country wedding in a barn, complete with mason jar decorations, picnic tables, and a bluegrass band. Never mind that they have no real connection to any of those things. It's like watching a live version of Dr. Seuss's The Sneetches.

Edited by huahaha, Jun 13, 2013 @ 9:40 AM.

King Cat Sam

King Cat Sam

Fanatic

Posted Jun 13, 2013 @ 10:38 AM

I think they should come out with a Honey Boo Boo Bar. I am sure this candy bar would sell.

ShaNaeNae

ShaNaeNae

Fanatic

Posted Jun 13, 2013 @ 2:39 PM

Everyone on Pinterest thinks DIY Mason Jar on a candle stick which translates to "Redneck Wine Glasses" are oh so cute.  Not so much with me.

So I guess despite everything going on, June was snapped at the beach doing "Baywatch" sans the red bathing suit-THANK GOD!

I don't see the minus 100 pounds she lost, and she's still wearing a sock over forklift foot.  I can't.  The beach & socks.  Together.

cooksdelight

cooksdelight

Stalker

Posted Jun 13, 2013 @ 2:56 PM

She lost weight without dieting or exercising. So.....that leaves......liposuction. It just doesn't disappear on it's own.

Joymarie

Joymarie

Couch Potato

Posted Jun 13, 2013 @ 5:45 PM

She lost weight without dieting or exercising. So.....that leaves......liposuction. It just doesn't disappear on it's own.

They've been doing appearances and stuff so maybe just general activity shocked her metabolism into high gear.  I'm sure she spent most of her pre-T&T days sitting on her ass on the sofa. 

I did think she looked good in that photo, like she has lost some weight.  Unfortunately, all of the girls except the one that had the baby have packed on considerable poundage.  It's such a shame. 

DakotaJustice

DakotaJustice

Couch Potato

Posted Jun 16, 2013 @ 1:20 PM

Liposuction? I doubt it, it's not meant to remove so much fat at once and even for a regular procedure you're looking at weeks of recovery time. June has been documented in public way too often for that.

IMO I agree that she's lost some weight (maybe not 100 lbs) just because she's more active than she was before being on TV. Too bad you can't say the same about her kids.

SmhJess

SmhJess

Channel Surfer

Posted Jun 16, 2013 @ 2:19 PM

I actually buy that June lost both 100lbs and that she did it without diet, exercise or surgery. Having seen her diet and with how large she was, it is possible a small change did it. My cousin's husband lost over 100 by cutting out soda. He still drank it but cut back. Sometimes when you are in the 300 plus range things like that can work, it is the last 40-60 you really have to work off not the first.

King Cat Sam

King Cat Sam

Fanatic

Posted Jun 28, 2013 @ 11:53 AM

Really ? 

Smell their farts, sketti and pits.

Get your scratch and snif card.

6 pugent scents available for the upcoming  July premiere Watch and Sniff TV event.

http://www.people.co...0710196,00.html

jerseydevil

jerseydevil

Fanatic

Posted Jun 28, 2013 @ 3:38 PM

Why????  You can get the same olfactory experience by cleaning a dirty toilet.

queenofsnark

queenofsnark

Channel Surfer

Posted Jun 28, 2013 @ 3:46 PM

Just LOOKING at these people is enough to make me want to throw up...imagine SMELLING them??? Ewwwwwwww!!!