Here Comes Honey Boo Boo

• Please log in to reply

3869 replies to this topic

Morgalisa

Morgalisa

Couch Potato

Posted Aug 5, 2013 @ 7:34 PM

I don't think June 'walks all over him' - she is what she is.  Some of us really do not act all lovey dovey but yet she loves him. 

I also think she loves him.  More importantly, I think he feels loved.  That is June's nature.  She's a yeller and has a smart mouth, but she loves her family.

wolfdreamer

wolfdreamer

Channel Surfer

Posted Aug 5, 2013 @ 8:49 PM

I'm surprised no one commented on this.  June said that Sugur Bear was married 2 times before and that they didn't take, and that's one reason why she was scared of the "M" word.  He was married 2 times?!!  Was this mentioned before?  Does he have any children other then Alana?  This was the first information about Sugur Bear that made me go, hmmm, he might not be perfect.

ChicksDigScars

ChicksDigScars

Couch Potato

Posted Aug 5, 2013 @ 9:12 PM

Does anyone have any real-time info on how Shugie is doing health-wise?

From the Honey Boo Boo Facebook page, posted yesterday (Sunday):

"Well everyone plz keep sugarbear in our thought as we r leaving mcintrye to head to Jacksonville to the mayo clinic to see what they will say in the am we r all nervous to c what will b done with everything will update when we hear something ‪#‎nervous‬ and‪#‎hoping‬ for the best..."

and today:

"Well we r back at the hotel after the neuro appt have to go back for more tests today and we will b here all week to run tests and more appts to get the right diagnosis and treatment sugarbear needs so will update more later"

So, it sounds like he's still having problems.

Edited by ChicksDigScars, Aug 5, 2013 @ 9:13 PM.

DT3

DT3

Fanatic

Posted Aug 5, 2013 @ 11:17 PM

They thought oranges were individually sliced with the peel then "put back on." Come ON. 

Don't believe everything TLC gets these people to say.

I don't think TLC is withholding weight loss support from this family to protect their brand.  TLC has tried to get them in a new home, has given Alana a bodyguard and Sugarbear a driver when he needed it to get to work.  I have a feeling June's 100+ lb. weight loss was slightly more than just moving more, and I wouldn't be surprised if TLC gave her some tools.  

micaki

micaki

Loyal Viewer

Posted Aug 6, 2013 @ 5:43 AM

Yes, but from what I understand she's receiving an income for the filming which may be large enough to disqualify her.

I've read on several sites that they get paid as a whole family not individually. June's SIL gave an interview saying June offered Anna money to go pretend she lived w/ June & family during filming because the pregnant teen angle would be a draw for viewers.

All June's got to do is say give Anna a receipt w/ an amount under the limit threshold so Anna would still qualify. She wouldn't have to disclose the full amount (which I think was supposedly $500 a week the 1st season). It's not right but I am sure they know how to get around the system since June's been arrested before for not claiming child support while getting government aid.

And since they gave the story of Pumpkin being electrocuted it makes me wonder if June was drawing a disability type check for her prior to the show. I've ran across parents w/ young kids drawing a "crazy check". Some parents get their kids diagnosed w/ ADHD, OCD or something like that to get benefits.

It was sad to see Alana only able to do 4 jumping jacks before she was huffing & puffing & quit. June claimed she was trying to exercise & lose weight too but she was always plopped on the couch barking orders.

The 100 lbs. she claimed to have lost has definitely found her again & it brought some friends w/ it to spread of the rest of the family.

cooksdelight

cooksdelight

Stalker

Posted Aug 6, 2013 @ 6:54 AM

" I've ran across parents w/ young kids drawing a "crazy check". Some parents get their kids diagnosed w/ ADHD, OCD or something like that to get benefits"

Watch "The Wild and Wonderful Whites of West Virginia" if you haven't seen it, will answer a lot of questions about this and several other items that have been brought up about the BooBoos. Rural people who don't have jobs or any kind of legal income and really need help often can't get it because of the people who milk the system. Rules have to be changed and in the end, the truly needy suffer. June's arrest record and previous attempts to skirt the law show where her head is at, in my personal opinion.

Edited by cooksdelight, Aug 6, 2013 @ 6:55 AM.

micaki

micaki

Loyal Viewer

Posted Aug 6, 2013 @ 7:12 AM

"Sugar Bear is my second longest relationship."  

June claims that Sugar Bear is her "second longest relationship." She's been with Sugie for nine and a half years and the man before him (Pumpkin's dad, I assume) for five years.  So the camera guy says, "So Sugar Bear is your longest realtionship," and June said, "Yes. My second longest." She meant that while he is the longest relationship she's ever had, it's the second time she's been in a long term relationship. Thus, "second-longest."

It took the camera guy/producer a few tries to get it. 

And they actually addressed the girl's weight issues tonight. Perhaps a wave to the Internets. 

I don't think she was in a relationship for 5 years w/ Pumpkin's Dad because it's been said in interviews that she don't know who he is. It might have been another "hook 'em and book 'em" & that's why she doesn't know. All 4 girls have different fathers. All (of the ones she knows....including Sugar Bear) have criminal records.

DT3

DT3

Fanatic

Posted Aug 6, 2013 @ 8:29 AM

The 100 lbs. she claimed to have lost has definitely found her again

She looks noticeably smaller to me.  

GoodyGoody

GoodyGoody

Couch Potato

Posted Aug 6, 2013 @ 6:05 PM

I feel badly about Sugar Bear's illness. He is loved by his family and loves them in return. Some people never experience that. I hope he can recover from this latest setback.

MicksPicks

MicksPicks

Loyal Viewer

Posted Aug 7, 2013 @ 6:31 AM

I hear he is in testing at Mayo clinic this week trying to find if something is wrong with his brain.  So there goes a pile of money and his job which I think is a truck driver among other things.  I actually hope he is ok.  He loves June, and the kids, and you can't get better than that.

ghoulina

ghoulina

Fanatic

Posted Aug 7, 2013 @ 8:24 AM

I'm surprised no one commented on this.  June said that Sugur Bear was married 2 times before and that they didn't take, and that's one reason why she was scared of the "M" word.  He was married 2 times?!!  Was this mentioned before?  Does he have any children other then Alana?  This was the first information about Sugur Bear that made me go, hmmm, he might not be perfect.

Well, no one is perfect. But I don't think two previous marriages is necessarily a red flag. My Mom was married twice (for 5 years to my dad and 16 years to my sisters' dad), but then she did give up. I don't know...without knowing the details of his previous relationships, I can't really say. But at least he tried and wasn't just having "hook em and book ems" like June.

missbrooklyn

missbrooklyn

Couch Potato

Posted Aug 7, 2013 @ 10:39 AM

"Hook 'em and book 'em"? What a romantic way to describe it.  So, do all of the kids use different last names, or do they all go by Shannon?  Except for the littlest Boo-I think she uses Shugie's last name, right?  I"m on Team Sugar Bear, and I hope they figure out what's making him ill.  You rock, Shug!

ChicksDigScars

ChicksDigScars

Couch Potato

Posted Aug 7, 2013 @ 8:26 PM

From HuffPo today:

Sugar Bear Thompson's Medical Condition Unclear: Honey Boo Boo's Dad Undergoes Tests For Mystery Ailment:

Edited by ChicksDigScars, Aug 8, 2013 @ 9:15 PM.

silverspoons

silverspoons

Couch Potato

Posted Aug 8, 2013 @ 1:49 AM

The first thing I thought of when they said the Mayo clinic and passing out was autonomic nervous system testing. The Mayo is one of the few places that has this kind of testing. If it were an issue like lyme disease, seizures, or MS they live closer to large teaching hospitals that could test and find treatments. 3 years ago I started to pass out and the dr. just looked at us and said go to the Mayo clinic(even though I drove by many large hospitals on my way). After says of testing I got a dx (not what I wanted to hear but a dx). I hope it is not something like MSA.
June's recent responses though are confusing. She talks about possibly of surgery is the reason she took the girls out of school to go with Sugarbear for testing. At least June has the resources to go to the Mayo clinic right now. If she never had the show what would be happening to Sugarbear now?

To the PP June has admitting to getting SSI for 2 girls. I know she said she got it for the daughter who had a dad in jail(can't remember which daughter it was) and one other daughter (neither were Alana).

jwd

jwd

Video Archivist

Posted Aug 8, 2013 @ 4:10 AM

Alana was again a hoot.  She had me chuckling at least twice through this latest episode.  I feel really bad for Shugie, I hope he is ok.  And I think I'm getting too involved with this family.  When June started crying at the party,my eyes welled up and I was almost crying with her. :( :(

MicksPicks

MicksPicks

Loyal Viewer

Posted Aug 8, 2013 @ 4:57 AM

I liked the girls trying on dresses and the nice guy at the shower as well as June tearing up there.  I did not care for the one girl's stinking feet and would hate to go in the shop soon after to try on a dress.  The odor must have been terrible (or exaggerated, but still...)  When she was spraying foot and leg deodorant on her feet, I noticed a lot of marks on her legs that looked like bug bites.  That would be me.  Skeeters adore me so I try to stay away from them and other critters.

ghoulina

ghoulina

Fanatic

Posted Aug 8, 2013 @ 8:14 AM

Alana was pretty funny cleaning the kitchen, but it was so nasty watching her use the same mop she just "cleaned" the floors with all over the counters and inside the fridge! Pretty funny when she "locked" the fridge w/ the mop and made a comment about keeping Pumpkin out....except Pumpkin isn't the only one who needs to stay out.

I love seeing the moments w/ Alana and SB. They are so sweet together. He really is a good dad. He spends a lot of time w/ her and is very patient and actually PLAYS with her. LOVE it.

I did NOT like the dress they picked for the bridesmaids. It seemed to be the one Anna thought looked best on HER, so everyone went with it. But I didn't even think it looked good on her - I thought it really washed her out. And I'm not sure I agree w/ the big bow "hiding" anything on the heavier girls. I actually thought that green dress looked really nice on Pumpkin.

Yikes, Alana at the shower - no manners! She was in a public place screaming at the top of her lungs and demanding people feed her. Someone needs to reign her in.

I have to admit, don't hate me, I teared up during June's speech at the end. For how unrefined, unhealthy, and ignorant she is - she does seem to have a big heart and a lot of people in her life who love her. That has to say something.

cpcathy

cpcathy

Fanatic

Posted Aug 8, 2013 @ 10:17 AM

I had to actually look away when she mopped the inside of the fridge! I do hope the camera crew swooped in and recleaned everything!

dad2two

dad2two

Couch Potato

Posted Aug 8, 2013 @ 11:40 AM

I had to chuckle when Sugar Bear farted in the hospital and said "safety." Sounds like he's been on the receiving end of doorknob once or twice. Which also means the girls love him enough to include him. He's so adorable. I hope they get his health under control.

GoodyGoody

GoodyGoody

Couch Potato

Posted Aug 8, 2013 @ 12:04 PM

What's that? Just a little rain on my face - nothing to see here. I'm getting way too involved with this family. I too thought the green dress looked really nice on Pumpkin.

Jimbob Snip It

Jimbob Snip It

Couch Potato

Posted Aug 8, 2013 @ 12:33 PM

The dress that Anna had on might have been good for her but actually the one that Pumpkin said looked like a forest threw up (something like that) didn't look that bad IMO.

Truexprincess8

Truexprincess8

Loyal Viewer

Posted Aug 8, 2013 @ 12:48 PM

I, too, got teary-eyed when June got emotional at her bridal shower. I also noticed that Jessica was crying, too. I loved the scene of Alana and Sugar Bear on the couch when he came home from the hospital. I laughed at June's sister's new boyfriend being the only man at the shower.

ChicksDigScars

ChicksDigScars

Couch Potato

Posted Aug 8, 2013 @ 9:22 PM

I wanted to punch the woman who kept saying that June was "gonna run." Maybe I'm feeling a little protective of Sugie. I kept saying, "shut up, bitch. She is not," to the teevy.

Shermie

Shermie

Fanatic

Posted Aug 8, 2013 @ 10:25 PM

Well, she is June's friend, so probably knows her better than viewers do. Not that I think she would run, not on TV. The pre-TV might have blown off Sugar Bear's proposal completely, no conciliatory commitment ceremony.

I can't believe she said to the camera, "I have to go, I gotta ______" I assume shit? Tacky, classless.

So Sugar Bear is in the hospital now? How long ago was this filmed? Has he been sick all summer? I hope June learns from this and starts living more healthfully. Her husband is diabetic and has other health issues and they still sit on the couch all day and stuff their faces with fatty, sugary crap.

Bajovane

Bajovane

Loyal Viewer

Posted Aug 9, 2013 @ 8:49 AM

I wanted to punch the woman who kept saying that June was "gonna run." Maybe I'm feeling a little protective of Sugie. I kept saying, "shut up, bitch. She is not," to the teevy.

I agree!  I thought, "Wow!  You call yourself a friend?"  If June was going to "run" she'd have done so long before now.   I did like the comment from June's sister where she said June usually holds in her emotions, so seeing her get weepy as she did was rather nice. 

leverhelven

leverhelven

Loyal Viewer

Posted Aug 9, 2013 @ 2:58 PM

I loved to see June showing her feelings as well. And Jessica being responsible makes sense; people here have said that Anna never lived with them, so Jessica being the oldest in the house was bound to have more responsibility. Good to see she takes care (or tries to, at least) of stuff. I don't think Pumpkin would bother to, if she was the oldest one.

Missy Vixen

Missy Vixen

Couch Potato

Posted Aug 9, 2013 @ 6:30 PM

Her husband is diabetic and has other health issues and they still sit on the couch all day and stuff their faces with fatty, sugary crap

I'm guessing she does not know any better. Hopefully the doctors at Mayo Clinic also sent in a nutritionist to advise the family on making healthful and tasty meals.

Shermie

Shermie

Fanatic

Posted Aug 9, 2013 @ 6:38 PM

Unless June is mentally challenged, and we know she isn't, she knows that fresh fruit and vegetables are good for you. She knows that water or milk or juice are better options than pop. She knows that low fat turkey on whole wheat is better than a greasy plate of ribs and fries. She chooses not to buy or eat these things, that's her prerogative, but [I think] it's bad parenting. [snip]

Edited by TWoP Howard, Aug 15, 2013 @ 5:24 PM.
Boards on boards

MarkySnark

MarkySnark

Loyal Viewer

Posted Aug 9, 2013 @ 8:01 PM

Even though this show has plenty to snark about on the surface, I find it very hard to do. Unlike the Kardashians, Real Housewives, Sister Wives, Duggars, et al, the Boo Boo clan doesn't try to appear to be what they aren't. They just are what they are, warts, farts, burps, flab, poor grammar and all. Through all that, the love of each other [snip] shows through loud and clear. [snip]

Edited by TWoP Howard, Aug 15, 2013 @ 5:26 PM.
Boards on boards

DT3

DT3

Fanatic

Posted Aug 9, 2013 @ 11:09 PM

She knows that low fat turkey on whole wheat is better than a greasy plate of ribs and fries. She chooses not to buy or eat these things, that's her prerogative, but [I think] it's bad parenting. 

Someone like June probably has had all she can manage trying to keep her kids off the railroad tracks and out of boys' back seats and keep toilet paper on the spools.  She's got a shitty education, bad teeth, bad eyes, bad prospects and was probably already obese herself by 13.  I don't think lowfat turkey on whole wheat bread was on her list of priorities and now that she probably is more free to worry about their weights, they're being paid to eat cheese balls and barbecue.

Edited by TWoP Howard, Aug 15, 2013 @ 5:32 PM.
Quoted post was edited