Here Comes Honey Boo Boo

• Please log in to reply

3869 replies to this topic

Absolom

Absolom

Fanatic

Posted Jul 10, 2012 @ 12:37 PM

Trashtastic TLC announced this "show" begins in August.

According to US Weekly, six-year-old Alana Thompson -- introduced to TLC viewers via "Toddlers & Tiaras" in January -- is confirmed to star in "Here Comes Honey Boo Boo."

The new reality series -- so far consisting of six half-hour episodes -- will intersperse glimpses of the toddler's professional life with her tiara-less personal life among the mudpits of rural Georgia.

Viewers will get to see plenty of their favorite star along with her belching mom, June; her chalk-mining dad, Sugar Bear; and sisters Lauryn "Pumpkin," 12; Jessica "Chubbs," 15; and Anna "Chickadee," who is 17 and pregnant.

A statement from the apparently proud network calls Ms. Boo Boo Child "more than just a Go-Go Juice-drinking beauty queen."

Oldernotwiser

Oldernotwiser

Fanatic

Posted Jul 10, 2012 @ 2:10 PM

That sound you hear is TLC scraping the bottom of the barrel.

I hope. They do seem particularly gifted at finding new lows and they haven't actually exhumed anyone yet, so...

Edited by Oldernotwiser, Jul 10, 2012 @ 2:10 PM.

troublecakes87

troublecakes87

Loyal Viewer

Posted Jul 10, 2012 @ 2:43 PM

Oh brother. Hopefully this one fades into obscurity fast... all I see when I watch this girl is a future with diabetes and an entitlement complex.

StinkPill

StinkPill

Couch Potato

Posted Jul 10, 2012 @ 2:45 PM

Very sad, and gross.

ThatGrrl

ThatGrrl

Fanatic

Posted Jul 10, 2012 @ 2:51 PM

Had to come in here to find out what show could possibly have such an awful title. Awful title? Meet awful show. You deserve each other.

HelloPatti

HelloPatti

Couch Potato

Posted Jul 10, 2012 @ 3:24 PM

Soooo.... Here Comes Honey Boo Boo made the TLC line-up and Eden Wood ended up on Logo? Wait. . . I see Mickie Wood's head popping off way in the distance.

Asari

Asari

Couch Potato

Posted Jul 10, 2012 @ 3:52 PM

Normally I'd be appalled but since these freaks got a TLC show and Mickie Wood didn't and she's no doubt screeching into her gin bottle about it, I hope this show becomes a smashing success.

JenBunny39

JenBunny39

Channel Surfer

Posted Jul 10, 2012 @ 4:31 PM

Bahahaha!!!! I for one, can't wait to watch this trainwreck!!!

Absolom

Absolom

Fanatic

Posted Jul 10, 2012 @ 5:56 PM

Kiddie pageants, secret go go juice, hoarders, couponers, white trash, and a pregnant teen. They hit the TLC motherload. All they're missing is a chocolatier dwarf.

Oldernotwiser

Oldernotwiser

Fanatic

Posted Jul 10, 2012 @ 6:37 PM

A chocolatier dwarf with 16 children...and counting!

shopper gal

shopper gal

Fanatic

Posted Jul 10, 2012 @ 7:59 PM

I'm sorry but I'm gonna holla for a dolla on this one. I'm in for at least an episode of fuckery.

WestCar20

WestCar20

Channel Surfer

Posted Jul 11, 2012 @ 9:44 AM

I'm trying desperately to avoid it, but I feel myself being sucked into this heaping pile of hamster vomit and will probably watch at least one episode.

SleepyJean

SleepyJean

Couch Potato

Posted Jul 11, 2012 @ 9:47 AM

Are there NO parents in this country who will say "NO" when Hollywood comes a knockin'?
Somehow I don't think Honey Boo Boo's mama is doing this to beef up the kid's college fund.

neptune42

neptune42

Fanatic

Posted Jul 11, 2012 @ 12:39 PM

I knew that when June revealed herself to be an extreme couponer on Toddlers & Tiaras, that she was angling to appeal to TLC enough to get their own show. And it worked.

I'm sure I'll watch at least one episode just to see how low they can go. Can't promise that I'll feel good about myself for doing that.

camom

camom

Fanatic

Posted Jul 11, 2012 @ 12:49 PM

Are there NO parents in this country who will say "NO" when Hollywood comes a knockin'?

Yes, there are. My daughter is a professional actor, and we were approached for her to do a reality show. My response was "Hell No!" Some people thought that, since she acts, I was being hypocritical. Here's my response: When she is playing a part, people may not like her character. They may criticize her acting skills. But if she was on a reality show, people would be criticizing her, as a person. Not gonna happen.

Edited by camom, Jul 11, 2012 @ 12:49 PM.

BlueSapphires

BlueSapphires

Fanatic

Posted Jul 11, 2012 @ 1:12 PM

Is this the crazy bitch mother with all the chins? Wouldn't miss it for the world.

neptune42

neptune42

Fanatic

Posted Jul 11, 2012 @ 1:29 PM

Is this the crazy bitch mother with all the chins? Wouldn't miss it for the world.

LOL, you have to be more specific than that when talking about pageant moms. ;-)

This is the crazy bitch mother with all the chins who is remarkably unself-conscious about patting her generous belly for the camera. "Work it smoochie!"

bmoregirl

bmoregirl

Channel Surfer

Posted Jul 18, 2012 @ 8:43 PM

oh my, I just saw a commercial for this show.... seriously? Are there no standards for what they put on tv? It's like a bit of crap from each show TLC makes

theabnormalnorm

theabnormalnorm

Channel Surfer

Posted Jul 19, 2012 @ 11:17 AM

I can't stand looking at her mom's marshmallow neck... I don't even know. But I wonder why they picked this kid over Mackenzie?

ChicksDigScars

ChicksDigScars

Couch Potato

Posted Jul 19, 2012 @ 12:42 PM

Juana isn't enough of a freak show and possible said NO WAY. They're playing this family up for trainwreck value. They're trying to out-redneck A&E. "I see your Duck Dynasty and raise you a Honey Boo Boo Chile-Crazy Coupon Lady."

camom

camom

Fanatic

Posted Jul 19, 2012 @ 1:06 PM

I did laugh at the one daughter saying they aren't rednecks because they all have their own teeth. Another TLC show that will make me feel like the most normal, smartest person in the world.

neptune42

neptune42

Fanatic

Posted Jul 19, 2012 @ 1:37 PM

They're trying to out-redneck A&E. "I see your Duck Dynasty and raise you a Honey Boo Boo Chile-Crazy Coupon Lady."

And they have a teen mom in the family!

kauaigirl

kauaigirl

Video Archivist

Posted Jul 19, 2012 @ 1:46 PM

Aloha!

Saw the commercial for this "show" last night! Oh my, what can you say about such a massive train wreck of white trash, redneck, morbidly obese cast members?

TLC scraping the bottom of the barrel? Yes indeedy! And you can bet I'll watch at least one or two episodes of this freakshow for the same reasons you crane your neck to see an accident scene! Well, I really don't do that, but watching this will feel very similar I think!

Ai-yi-yi!

WhitneyWhit

WhitneyWhit

Fanatic

Posted Jul 19, 2012 @ 1:59 PM

Oh how nice, A prequel to 16 and Pregnant.

RuthlessBunny

RuthlessBunny

Video Archivist

Posted Jul 19, 2012 @ 2:22 PM

Husbunny and I saw this on TLC during T&T last night.

Me: We gotta get the eff out of Georgia
Husbunny: It's not contageous

Christ I hope not.

Absolom

Absolom

Fanatic

Posted Jul 19, 2012 @ 4:08 PM

Juana isn't enough of a freak show and possible said NO WAY. They're playing this family up for trainwreck value. They're trying to out-redneck A&E. "I see your Duck Dynasty and raise you a Honey Boo Boo Chile-Crazy Coupon Lady."

I think Juana isn't wanting to be made a complete and permanent laughingstock.

That's true, Neptune, there is a pregnant teen to add to the whole redneck, trashy aspect of it. Is this where our "reality TV" is headed? That absolute rockbottom denominator? I'll probably watch and cringe.

WhitneyWhit

WhitneyWhit

Fanatic

Posted Jul 19, 2012 @ 5:57 PM

This comment will send me straight to hell but, if they were gonna give a child a spinoff couldn't they have found one that was atleast cute?

Absolom

Absolom

Fanatic

Posted Jul 19, 2012 @ 6:03 PM

I saw the preview. Oh, goodness. Oh, goodness. They were literally wallowing with the mud. They are going to glory in the trash. I guess TLC loves a family that embraces the crazy and there probably won't be anything that they will say no to doing or exposing.

HelloPatti

HelloPatti

Couch Potato

Posted Jul 19, 2012 @ 7:22 PM

I did laugh at the one daughter saying they aren't rednecks because they all have their own teeth.

Cos they bought them at the Walmart - with a coupon.

double s mom

double s mom

Channel Surfer

Posted Jul 19, 2012 @ 9:43 PM

Yes, there are. My daughter is a professional actor, and we were approached for her to do a reality show. My response was "Hell No!" Some people thought that, since she acts, I was being hypocritical. Here's my response: When she is playing a part, people may not like her character. They may criticize her acting skills. But if she was on a reality show, people would be criticizing her, as a person. Not gonna happen.

Thank you so much Camom from the bottom of my parental heart.

When I saw this show being advertised I was positively speechless.