Mod Q&A: The Editor in Chief

• Please log in to reply

16 replies to this topic

TWoP Mars

TWoP Mars

TWoP Moderator

Posted Jun 23, 2012 @ 11:05 AM

Hey everyone. I'll be the moderator here. Feel free to post questions here, and also feel free to open any standard threads that you would like to. If I feel there are any missing in about a week, I'll open them myself, but I like to let posters get a chance to open them and give them titles if they want to.

Just remember the format should be:

Topic: Cleverness

Not the other way around. (But I can fix that if you mess up.)

Thanks.

catrina

catrina

Fanatic

Posted Jun 24, 2012 @ 1:44 PM

Can we start a thread called "Sorkin on Women: Hey Sorority Girl" (Alternate title "Hey Internet Girl").

I know there's going to be so much to talk about both "Sorkin's Women" but also how he manages to use male pronouns when proclaiming the greatness of an industry.

JaneDigby

JaneDigby

Couch Potato

Posted Jun 26, 2012 @ 6:33 PM

Can we have a forum for Charlie Skinner? There we can ponder if Atlantis is actually drowning in a sea of alcohol and if McAvoy would have a crush on Charlie if his name were McCoy.

For what it's worth, I thought the recaplet was fine. I don't think a recapper needs special experience to tap this show, just a sense of humor.

TWoP Mars

TWoP Mars

TWoP Moderator

Posted Jun 27, 2012 @ 12:03 AM

You don't have to ask permission to open a thread. Any character can have one (if I don't think it's worth a thread, I will close it, but you won't be penalized).

Please don't discuss the recapper here (I've deleted some previous posts about it). If you have a problem with the recapper, email editorial or the recapper. Or keep them to yourself.

Edited by TWoP Mars, Jun 27, 2012 @ 12:03 AM.

No Second Troy

No Second Troy

Loyal Viewer

Posted Jun 27, 2012 @ 11:13 AM

Can I start a spoiler thread as I have read what I think is a spoiler but certainly don't want to post it without making sure people know it's spoiler?

Just read post above so am going to start thread

Edited by No Second Troy, Jun 27, 2012 @ 11:16 AM.

Breaker

Breaker

Loyal Viewer

Posted Jul 4, 2012 @ 5:56 PM

I came back to this thread and realized I screwed up the format of the grievance thread. Could you please change it to:

Nitpicks and criticisms: This is what blowing it looks like

Sorry about that and thank you very much.

TWoP Mars

TWoP Mars

TWoP Moderator

Posted Jul 5, 2012 @ 9:54 AM

That's okay. A lot of them are screwed up, and I plan to go fix them all this weekend.

ActingPrincess

ActingPrincess

Channel Surfer

Posted Jul 9, 2012 @ 1:22 PM

Can we get Jim Harper on here? He is a big part of the show and I do not see a new topic for him. Mod, Also are you planning on getting the actors (ex. John Gallagher Jr) topics on here soon?

TWoP Mars

TWoP Mars

TWoP Moderator

Posted Jul 10, 2012 @ 12:13 AM

No actor topics, please. If it's about the show, it will fit in the media thread or a character thread. You can obviously create any character threads, however. As I said above, feel free to start appropriate threads.

hoosier

hoosier

Stalker

Posted Jul 10, 2012 @ 5:57 AM

I tried to change my thread on Jeff Daniels to Will McAvoy: He wants to be Ted Turner when he grows up, but I couldn't change the title.

Thanks for any help.

DMHinCO

DMHinCO

Just Tuned In

Posted Jul 10, 2012 @ 11:23 PM

New here, but I am interested in a thread about the mapping of Newsroom characters to previous Sorkin characters.

Recycling characters: Isaac, you look pale

Charlie Skinner (Sam Waterston) is so completely modeled on Isaac on Sports Night (Robert Guillaume). Slow talking. Alcohol-dependent. Boss who is always protecting the integrity of the show from the suits higher up who want something different. The wise voice of reason. Et cetera.

Surely there are other parallels between Sorkin's old characters on West Wing, Studio 60, and his movies.

ActingPrincess

ActingPrincess

Channel Surfer

Posted Jul 11, 2012 @ 2:10 PM

DMH, Jim Harper seems to be modeled after Jeremy Goodwin from SN as well. Maggie Jordon is Natalie Hurley from SN.

TWoP Mars

TWoP Mars

TWoP Moderator

Posted Jul 12, 2012 @ 1:14 AM

Feel free to open that, DMHinCo, but if it becomes nothing more than a list-type thread, I'll close it.

braggtastic

braggtastic

Stalker

Posted Aug 3, 2012 @ 9:32 AM

The episode pinned to the top of the thread is two weeks old. Please try to keep the current episode up top. Thanks.

Breaker

Breaker

Loyal Viewer

Posted Aug 4, 2012 @ 1:41 PM

Why would a topic about recycled Sorkinisms be closed? There's not much else to talk about on this board, even if it does become a list-type thread.

TWoP Dietrich

TWoP Dietrich

TWoP Moderator

Posted Apr 23, 2013 @ 12:58 PM

Hello, Newsroom forum! TWoP Mars is on vacation for a couple of weeks, so I'm filling in for her. Please continue to follow all the rules. Thank you!

meepster

meepster

Fanatic

Posted Aug 9, 2013 @ 2:43 PM

You've got duplicate threads for 2-4 Unintended Consequences.