Redneck Island

• Please log in to reply

91 replies to this topic

cooksdelight

cooksdelight

Stalker

Posted Jun 11, 2013 @ 9:36 AM

Which one of those girls has that godawful hick accent that sounds like she's making it up ?

Are you talking about the girl with the two-tone hair, Misty? I think it's genuine, I just think she's from deep in the country somewhere. She's the one with trust issues.

cooksdelight

cooksdelight

Stalker

Posted Jun 16, 2013 @ 7:10 AM

Mike over Justin??? WTF???

bunnyface

bunnyface

Video Archivist

Posted Jun 23, 2013 @ 11:44 AM

Aw, I feel bad for Phillip.  With his knee like it is, it couldn't be helped and wasn't his fault.  He's still more of a man than that weasel Travis will ever be.

cooksdelight

cooksdelight

Stalker

Posted Jun 23, 2013 @ 11:49 AM

Travis needs to go. Period. I can't stand him!! And I don't get emotionally involved in these people, but he needs to go!

Phane00

Phane00

Loyal Viewer

Posted Jun 25, 2013 @ 1:48 PM

The Blue Team has absolutely no idea how to play this game.  First they got rid of Mike, who was the only loyal and healthy male left on the blue team.  Then they chose Phil, who went 1-1 in the matchups, over Travis who punked out after his one bout.  Now, they have 1 guy and 3 girls.  Travis should have been kicked a while ago, and Candy should have followed. 

It's Green Team's win at this point.  Blue is toast.

cooksdelight

cooksdelight

Stalker

Posted Jun 25, 2013 @ 2:25 PM

I can't stand Travis. I'd like all the women to gang up on him and beat the crap out of him. :)

cooksdelight

cooksdelight

Stalker

Posted Jul 1, 2013 @ 4:44 PM

I got my wish! Candy was awesome. I believed every word, every fake tear.. LMAO!!!

spacific

spacific

Channel Surfer

Posted Jul 5, 2013 @ 12:58 AM

Lindsey and Candy have to be some of my favorite reality show contestants in a long time, they are down 7-3 tough, and from the preview i think the debate if should they vote candy or lindsay out, which is a shame.. im hoping im wrong and they find a way in, maybe with the other team girls, but they seem loyal to their guys so probably won't happen

the first 2 winners have been pretty great actually, Jenn and Wade were both my favorites, this season there are a lot of good candidates, based on the edit, i think bucket will win, maybe it's not too bad but it's a bit obvious, still better than one of the younger party kids like woodie

i like that the winner is decided by a challenge, that way they dont have to worry about jurors and they just backstab each other left and right with no worries, seasons 1 and 2 delivered in game play and this season does too so far, we'll see how it develops..

i enjoy this show a lot, hopefully it will just keep on going for many seasons

Phane00

Phane00

Loyal Viewer

Posted Jul 8, 2013 @ 2:35 PM

Good move by the ladies this week.  Once it was everyone for themselves, the ladies knew that they had to get rid of the guys.  This ltest challenge proved that even the weakest guy was faster and had more endurance than the best girl.  So the only way a girl could win is to eliminate all of the guys.

If they do, then Lindsey should win it all.

melissa1925

melissa1925

Fanatic

Posted Jul 9, 2013 @ 9:07 AM

I would love to see all these stupid hillbillies on "Get Out Alive"

I would like to see them on this show doing everything for beer.  eyeroll.

cooksdelight

cooksdelight

Stalker

Posted Jul 13, 2013 @ 9:09 PM

I love this show, I can't help myself. Where else will you hear a guy say:

"+2 and +2 and +2, that equals 9 beers."

or

"I'd like to have a vagina for just 2 seconds."

LMAO!!!

bunnyface

bunnyface

Video Archivist

Posted Jul 13, 2013 @ 10:32 PM

That beer count was funny.  I also think it funny that no one listened to Jo about looking at the chickens they were getting and they ended up with almost no food.  But I can't blame Candy.  I HATE chickens and as soon as they start flapping their wings at me, I let go too.  My aunt used to laugh her ass off at me, but she learned to quit asking to help with the chickens.  Because I will let go every. single. time.

The first show of the season, I hated Bucket.  But we just got off on the wrong foot because I love him now.  I think he's a hoot. 

cooksdelight

cooksdelight

Stalker

Posted Jul 13, 2013 @ 11:19 PM

Bucket is my favorite. His sayings and expressions crack me up.

Macthekat

Macthekat

Couch Potato

Posted Jul 14, 2013 @ 4:55 PM

I'm thinking Bucket is going to win this if the girls aren't careful to boot him soon. I missed the first season, but after watching how it all played out last season with Alex's (?, forgotten his name already) win, I see Bucket following in his footsteps and walking away with the big prize because he is a good mix of nice, personable, and athletic enough. Cody is a goner whenever he doesn't have immunity. 

cooksdelight

cooksdelight

Stalker

Posted Jul 14, 2013 @ 6:13 PM

Those girls should have sided with the guys and gotten rid of Lindsay. That's going to come back to bite them in the butt, I think. There are only so many opportunities that present themselves when it gets down to these numbers.

bunnyface

bunnyface

Video Archivist

Posted Jul 14, 2013 @ 10:29 PM

I never saw the first season either, but I have been watching it on CMT.  It's a bit different than they do it now but it's been fun. 

cooksdelight

cooksdelight

Stalker

Posted Jul 24, 2013 @ 7:24 PM

Well, my boyfriend is bummed that Candy couldn't finish her taco. And I have to sort of agree with the others, she really wasn't a redneck. She was afraid of chickens, she couldn't shoot, couldn't fish, couldn't throw. Go back to Hooters and do what you do best, honey. :)

Stacey looked really, really hurt when the girls turned on her. Bucket was thrilled. There were so many Bucket-isms I cannot remember them all!

Macthekat

Macthekat

Couch Potato

Posted Jul 28, 2013 @ 2:20 PM

Bye-bye BMart, you really weren't a threat in this...

cooksdelight

cooksdelight

Stalker

Posted Jul 28, 2013 @ 3:13 PM

It was dumb of Bucket not to vote for Lindsay. Now Cody won't trust him. Lindsay is a much bigger threat to win challenges than BMart EVER was. Bucket has gotten too caught up in keeping promises instead of playing for $100,000. You don't go on these types of shows to make friends, you go to win the money. If he makes promises to two people, at some point he's going to have to choose and I'm sure he knew that. Problem is, he threw out the weaker player. And hurt himself in the process.

nottopbravo

nottopbravo

Couch Potato

Posted Jul 28, 2013 @ 6:17 PM

With one of the three females going home, the women's alliance was crushed. 

When did people start calling Brittney M. BMart?

Spoiler

cooksdelight

cooksdelight

Stalker

Posted Jul 28, 2013 @ 6:28 PM

I don't know nottopbravo, I was wondering that myself and I've watched this season from day one. Was there another Brittney earlier in the lineup? That's the only reason I would think they'd call her that, to differentiate her from someone else with the same first name.

If Candy hadn't been booted for not finishing her burrito, I think things would be different. Once she left, Lindsey panicked and everyone started scattering.

nottopbravo

nottopbravo

Couch Potato

Posted Jul 28, 2013 @ 6:40 PM

Usually, when they show an initial after someone's first name, it's because there's someone else with the same first name.  I don't recall another Brittney, unless she got booted real early.  

But I don't remember how Brittney M. became BMart.  They should have changed her caption to avoid confusion. 

One second?  That's got to be the closest finish in reality show history.

cooksdelight

cooksdelight

Stalker

Posted Jul 28, 2013 @ 6:54 PM

I know!! I was on pins and needles waiting for Cody's score. I'm still dumbfounded that Bucket didn't vote off Lindsey. All bets are off at this stage of the game. It's not like she's going to be on a jury voting for or against him.

melissa1925

melissa1925

Fanatic

Posted Jul 28, 2013 @ 7:16 PM

You guys are forgetting about Brittany W  (Waddle)

cooksdelight

cooksdelight

Stalker

Posted Jul 28, 2013 @ 7:18 PM

Woodle? LOL, no wonder I didn't remember her name, she was a character!

bunnyface

bunnyface

Video Archivist

Posted Jul 29, 2013 @ 3:10 PM

I know that they all do this on the shows, but I just love how a contestant makes a promise and breaks it later saying "it's just a game, I had to do what was best for my game" but as soon as another person does it "You BETRAYED me you hateful awful person and I will never forgive you."  I do think Bucket picked the wrong side in this thing, but I like Lindsey better than I ever liked the other girl, so I don't care.  Lindsey was the bigger threat but I also agree that Cody/BMart were (probably) the stronger team.  (But didn't we see Cody earlier in the season saying he would cut BMart loose if it came to that?) 

Bucket and I got off on the wrong foot in the first few episodes but I really like him now and think he can win it. 

melissa1925

melissa1925

Fanatic

Posted Aug 4, 2013 @ 12:18 PM

Lindsey won!!!    Misty is dumber than a box of _________

How is it she missed a question about herself ?

Macthekat

Macthekat

Couch Potato

Posted Aug 4, 2013 @ 1:16 PM

How is it she missed a question about herself ?

My theory? It's all that moonshine Misty has said she loves to drink. I can't imagine being around it, nor even acquiring a taste for it, by her age (22), and I was born, bred and have always lived in the Deep South and have run around with my share of the reddest of rednecks. And maybe I missed her talking about her kids, but I was very surprised when she spoke to one of her little boys when she got to call home. She was one I had pegged as being wild & free (of kids, hubby/bf). Boy, I was wrong. 

edited to correct quote box

Edited by Macthekat, Aug 4, 2013 @ 1:17 PM.

melissa1925

melissa1925

Fanatic

Posted Aug 4, 2013 @ 1:37 PM

Anyone  know what the second and third place 'winners' get ?

That scene on the last day where they woke up and started drinking beer, I told my dh that there was probably water in the cans.

Who wakes up and grabs a can of beer before you even get out of bed ?

cooksdelight

cooksdelight

Stalker

Posted Aug 4, 2013 @ 2:13 PM

Who wakes up and grabs a can of beer before you even get out of bed ?

I chalked it up to them being hung over and also nervous.

Bucket had the chance to get rid of Lindsey last week and he blew it. He could have easily beaten BMart, and obviously Cody as well. I am guessing he kicked himself all the way home for keeping his word to Lindsey instead of BMart. He more or less handed $100K to Lindsey on a silver platter. I thought she'd never shut up when she won, LOL.

I had looked Misty up on the website to see where she was from and that was when I learned she had children. Lord help them. :)