Randy to the Rescue

• Please log in to reply

119 replies to this topic

rr2

rr2

Loyal Viewer

Posted Aug 1, 2012 @ 1:05 PM

I know that this is a wedding dress show, but I must people the only person getting tired of the nothing but white dresses. They are all starting to look the same. Randy got a perfect opportunity to show his skills with the black bride a few episodes ago who wasn't really interested in having a white dress. If I am not mistaken, she said that she wanted gold or something. The next scene is of Randy saying that he is going to give her something different. He comes out with a white dress that looks no different from the other dresses that we have seen. I just want some variety. Colored wedding dresses are really starting to be in because not everyone looks good in white and strapless.

mich9

mich9

Channel Surfer

Posted Aug 3, 2012 @ 10:18 PM

I can't get over how bad all the hair and makeup is on this show. And the makeup artists speech drives me crazy.

scruffy73

scruffy73

Fanatic

Posted Aug 6, 2012 @ 10:09 PM

I love the girl whose mom offered her the extra $2000 (Greek wedding). She was so nice AND she didn't spend the entire $5K. Her SIL was kind of a bitch...or maybe they just did some creative editing to show her bitchface whenever the bride got a nice compliment. Randy handled her pretty well. He wasn't rude but he kind of called her out a few times. I loved it. I wish people would realized they are not that important. It is about the bride, period...at least when it comes to the bridal gown. Well, between her and her groom. SIL, friend, mother...none of them should have the final say even if they are paying, IMO. (BUT if you feel like whoever pays has the final say, and you want what you want, pay for your own dang dress.)

kohola3

kohola3

Fanatic

Posted Aug 11, 2012 @ 8:51 PM

Most of the time I blow past most of the vapid, immature brides but I can honestly say I was sincerely moved by Kelly's story. And I felt that Randy was equally moved - he was more "human" than usual in helping her.

That had to be tough on her as well as her family; her conflicted feelings were certainly written all over her face. I'm glad that they chose to show the wedding and it looks like she has really found happiness.

PRgal

PRgal

Fanatic

Posted Aug 12, 2012 @ 11:09 AM

I, too, felt for Kelly. Must be tough losing a husband at such a young age. But did anyone else out there think she looked much older than 34? She's only a year older than me, but looks around 40. I'm happy for her that she found what she was looking for. She looked gorgeous.

Shugardrawers

Shugardrawers

Video Archivist

Posted Aug 12, 2012 @ 6:39 PM

Stress will do that to you.

kohola3

kohola3

Fanatic

Posted Aug 12, 2012 @ 8:04 PM

As much as I hate the hair and makeup "artists", I do think she looked younger when she was fixed up.

yslchyc

yslchyc

Fanatic

Posted Aug 12, 2012 @ 8:27 PM

Genetics and most importantly in my experience - exposure to sun can cause those kinds of fine lines in someone in their mid-thirties. It wasn't as if she had deep lines but her skin resembled the skin of some women I know who did a lot of tanning when they were young.

A lot of people in Minnesota come from fairly light skinned gene pools - 20 years or more of tanning and you amass some serious skin damage.

chellichik

chellichik

Just Tuned In

Posted May 31, 2013 @ 11:38 PM

Watching the new episode...that girl who works for the bridal magazine is just a bitch. Yeesh.

kccody

kccody

Couch Potato

Posted Jun 1, 2013 @ 6:35 AM

Watching the new episode...that girl who works for the bridal magazine is just a bitch. Yeesh

Yes she was- an ungrateful one too.  The dress she chose was unique, but I thought it was ugly- a slinkly nightgown with big fug flowers.  If I worked bridal, I think that would make me know exactly what I wanted and/or didn't want. She was 100% drama.

yslchyc

yslchyc

Fanatic

Posted Jun 1, 2013 @ 7:58 AM

I would imagine the Bridal Magazine Bitch was cross promotional exchange between the magazine and Kleinfeld/Randy as both of them theoretically will gain - K and Randy will no doubt have more coverage in the magazine - or agreed upon editorial pieces and the magazine got exposure.

I think the story line was agreed upon - i.e. the woman who has seen it all needs to find her unique dress. Unfortunately, because the woman was inherently bitchy and entitled, she couldn't make it come off as *charming* and dithering.

For me the ultimate ridiculous aspect of her segment was when she didn't want to ORDER the fucking dress because the sample didn't fit correctly. That not only made her seem bitchy but ignorant as well - who in the bridal business - hell who in the upscale schmatta dress in general doesn't know that all dresses need to be altered because even with ordinary clothing, a perfect fit is probably not going to be possible without tailoring.

And I think Randy was not faking exasperation and was genuinely shocked that a magazine editor wouldn't be aware that even the models need to have the gowns pinned and tacked and then the images are photoshopped - or that she was aware and was pretending that she could achieve that kind of perfection in a sample dress.

jcbrown

jcbrown

Fanatic

Posted Jun 1, 2013 @ 1:58 PM

For me the ultimate ridiculous aspect of her segment was when she didn't want to ORDER the fucking dress because the sample didn't fit correctly. That not only made her seem bitchy but ignorant as well - who in the bridal business - hell who in the upscale schmatta dress in general doesn't know that all dresses need to be altered because even with ordinary clothing, a perfect fit is probably not going to be possible without tailoring.

I just watched this and was coming here to post about what a bitch she was. Agreed it was totally manufactured drama queen bullshit that she didn't want to order it because it wasn't perfect. My husband kept marveling that anyone would want to marry her. She's going to make someone miserable, that's for sure.

Gardencrown

Gardencrown

Couch Potato

Posted Jun 1, 2013 @ 2:23 PM

And I think Randy was not faking exasperation

Oh yeah, I completely agree!  He was getting pretty fed up with the editor woman, which is highly unusual for him.  Personally, I think that this show works because what we see here appears to be who Randy really is.  I don't think he's disingenuous when he says, "Hello, Beautiful," to a bride.  I think he legitimately wants to find a great dress for each bride and for each bride to feel incredibly special.  When he spoke with one bride last night, she was looking in a mirror and said something like, "This dress is beautiful."  And Randy said, "No, you're beautiful."  That's his philosophy, and it comes through in each appointment.  I'm a sucker for such a show anyway, but basically, I can never get too much Randy!  Not many of us are lucky to love our jobs the way that he clearly loves his.

As my daughter said last night, "You have to work pretty hard to piss off Randy."  The dress the editor woman finally chose suited her, though I didn't love it.  And I didn't think it was a good "veil dress" because the veil covered up the pretty back of the dress.

The new hair and makeup people are INFINITELY better than the old ones, though I don't get the fixation with extensions in the hair.  I wonder if Randy really draws up the bridal blueprint.

cmvnapa

cmvnapa

Channel Surfer

Posted Jun 2, 2013 @ 2:15 AM

The magazine woman seemed like a Rachel Zoe wannabe. 

I think a gown with a neckline clear to her throat (a turtleneck even), long sleeves, but some drama in the back would've been good on her.  Don't care to see that scrawny, bony chestal area.

Ketzel

Ketzel

Fanatic

Posted Jun 2, 2013 @ 11:48 AM

Yes, that dress the magazine editor chose looked almost exactly like the one Joan Rivers dissed on "Say Yes To The Dress."

"That?" she sneered, "That's for the wedding night, not the wedding!"

Nor did the bride have the right body for that type of dress. It made her look flat-chested and scrawny up top, which I don't think she actually was. A dress that supported her bosom would have been much more flattering. But I guess it was more important to this bride to be "unique" than to be looking her best. Not that I think she achieved either in that gown.

Edited by Ketzel, Jun 2, 2013 @ 11:48 AM.

yzerbear19

yzerbear19

Channel Surfer

Posted Jun 8, 2013 @ 3:36 PM

Did anyone else recogonize Kelsey as the cheerleader who someone from a rival team was picking on for being "too pudgy." When I first saw her on this show she looked familar then I googled the articles from a few months ago. She seemed kind of ditzy on this show. Leopard is her favorite color. Ugh. It's a pattern. I didn't like the dress she picked or what they did with her hair. I didn't understand the rush to get married before the playoffs, wouldn't there have been more time AFTER the playoffs were over. I mean there is a certain date when you know that the playoffs will be over by.

In fact I didn't like what they did with any of the girls' hair on the OKC episode.

I just knew that Randy was going to find the dress for the brunette that she had wanted but didn't buy the first time.

Puds38

Puds38

Stalker

Posted Jun 8, 2013 @ 7:40 PM

I don't watch this regularly but I caught last night's episode and cracked up at the bridal party's pitiful explanation of The Wobble. Poor Randy looked like, "well, alrighty then."

ShaNaeNae

ShaNaeNae

Fanatic

Posted Jun 12, 2013 @ 12:34 PM

I'm not liking the show because I kind of wish he'd go "rescue" someone who maybe doesn't have the means to afford such a pretty dress, or maybe someone who seriously needs a makeover.  I'm not the type in favor of handouts, but these women are just brats to begin with and I have a hard time feeling happy for them that they got Randy as a personal dress shopper and this awesome wedding day look.  And I wouldn't this want to turn into something like "Extreme Makeover: Home Edition" or "Undercover Boss" where it's just sob story after sob story, or who has the saddest story wins.  But maybe like a gal whose friend nominated her because she's always helping them out, or volunteers at a lot of charities and is always giving back. Or maybe a gal that just lost a lot of weight and needs a makeover to help her feel good.  I don't know...

I just lost interest watching the magazine editor because she acted like a spoiled brat.  I don't care to see her benefit from all this.

And the OKC Thunder Cheerleader I wanted to punch.  She kept talking baby talk and would sound like a demanding toddler and then her whole entourage would laugh at everything she said.  Like she's the super cute one, and "awww, look at her!"  They kept sprouting off how special and unique she is, yet her favorite "color" was leopard, like every teenager these days.

I thought some of her comments to Randy were pretty damn rude, but if everyone just laughs after, that's ok.  She's cute and can get away with saying such things seemed to be the thinking pattern.  She spoke so slow and baby-ish she sounded special.

I did like her dress though.  I get tired of seeing the same ol, same ol strapless dresses.  So it was refreshing for a change to see something like that.  But that whole business about Randy letting her try it on, but "forgot" they have to order it from Spain and she's getting married quick because God forbid, she can't cheerlead and get married at the same time, him "pulling a few strings" and coming in with her dress at the last minute was totally manufactured.

Coming back to add, after seeing the commercial a hundred more times, that when I say find someone to "rescue" who needs a makeover, I DON'T mean some fugly chick who doesn't even want a dress (let her be naked) and is not familiar with brand names such as "Schick", "Gillette" and "Skintimate".  That's just...gross.

Edited by ShaNaeNae, Jun 13, 2013 @ 6:22 AM.

Ivy Mom

Ivy Mom

Couch Potato

Posted Jun 16, 2013 @ 11:40 PM

The 'naked bride' turned out to be charming...and I was so glad when the makeup artist went after those brows! The bride's mother was in tears at how beautiful her daughter turned out, though I could have done without the burlap belt. I can even imagine the bride stopping off at the feed store on the way home to buy a lip gloss. I got the impression she was a girl who had developed a certain mental image of herself early on in life, maybe because she was never conventionally pretty or 'girly', and just gave up any attempt to be anything but quirky and natural. (Her mom was also very much in the 'natural' look mode).

But my favorite was the flight attendant who had always worn sleeves because of a rather unsightly scar on her arm which she was somewhat fixated on. She tried on a sleeveless gown and just fell in love with herself...in a good way. Now I hope she gets to a plastic surgeon to have that scar fixed because there's no reason for her to continue to have such a harsh looking one. Skin grafts and such have come such a long way in the years since her childhood (?) injury I can't believe they can't improve the appearance. I certainly hope they can, anyway. She's been hiding it so long that it seemed as if she'd just given up on having anything done about it.

Neither one could stop looking at themselves in the mirror. It was touching.

sib5

sib5

Couch Potato

Posted Jul 6, 2013 @ 9:47 AM

Good segment with the bride whose mom had pancreatic cancer. LOVED her dress and how she looked in it! i thought the make-up was a little too harsh on her, though. Felt so sad for her. It was nice to see all the support she had from her aunt(s) and grandma. I hope her mom was able to see her get married.

planetoid

planetoid

Loyal Viewer

Posted Jul 21, 2013 @ 10:31 AM

How quickly do you think the less attractive of the "best friends" duo returned her dress? I doubt she even put a deposit on it; poor thing just wanted the whole experience to be over. "I choose this plain A-line that doesn't fit that well and has nothing to recommend it! Can we please stop filming now?"

The woman with the two-day wedding ended up with some nice customizable options on her dress and I really liked the lace sleeves. Her mother and aunt were lovely as well.

Uh. Was that the even the same woman? Whatever.

UsernameFatigue

UsernameFatigue

Couch Potato

Posted Jul 27, 2013 @ 12:11 AM

I've never heard of this show and watched it for the first time tonight. The first bride to be was so annoying that I almost didn't make it past the first ten minutes. I never did figure out why her wedding was supposed to be the D.C. wedding of the year? Because she was marrying one of the hundreds of people who work for Obama? Really? Or just because she said so?

I thought it was funny that the first dress she chose, and loved, was a stripper dress. I was soooo disappointed when she got talked out of it. I never did understand why she wouldn't just wear the $9,000 dress she already had  for the whole day. So Randy talks her into wearing the over the top dress for the reception, and the boring one at the ceremony? The first dress everyone will see, and will be in many of the pics? Makes. No. Sense.

I liked the other two brides, but overall the show is just not that interesting to make me a regular.

Edited by UsernameFatigue, Jul 27, 2013 @ 12:12 AM.

Artsda

Artsda

Fanatic

Posted Jul 27, 2013 @ 10:41 AM

If I spent $9,000 on a dress, you better bet I'd be wearing it the entire day and for everything.

kccody

kccody

Couch Potato

Posted Jul 27, 2013 @ 11:45 AM

The first bride to be was so annoying that I almost didn't make it past the first ten minutes. I never did figure out why her wedding was supposed to be the D.C. wedding of the year? Because she was marrying one of the hundreds of people who work for Obama? Really? Or just because she said so?

Oh my gosh I had to rush here to see if anyone else disliked her.  What a snob.  Plus I am pretty sure she said there would be "dignitarians" at the wedding.  Aren't they just "dignitaries"?

Edited by kccody, Jul 28, 2013 @ 6:11 AM.

marisag

marisag

Channel Surfer

Posted Jul 27, 2013 @ 2:52 PM

I just watched the DC episode and, as soon as it was over, I had to do a Google search on Monique's finance.  If you have to say it's the "wedding of the year", it probably isn't. 

Seems like her hubby is in a lot of trouble.  Oh, and he's the son of the late Ron Brown (former DNC chair and cabinet member in the Clinton Administration.)  And she works for a boutique hotel chain in DC, so I'm sure one of the hotels was her venue.  (I saw her Facebok profile.)

Anyway, here's a bit more about Monqiue's hubby:

http://en.wikipedia....D.C._politician)

http://www.huffingto..._n_3491372.html

And they mom who told the daughter she needed to lose weight?  I'm glad Randy said something!  So mean of her!!!! 

UsernameFatigue

UsernameFatigue

Couch Potato

Posted Jul 27, 2013 @ 8:36 PM

Yikes! So Monique's hubby (when was the wedding?) has a history of not paying income tax, having his house foreclosed on for not paying property taxes, had recently pled guilty to bribery and could be sent to prison for several years? But he makes her laugh, so all is good!

THIS is the wedding of the year??? I am confused though as to why Monique said he works for Obama - didn't see that anywhere. Seems to be spending too much time working to break the law to do much else.

The show introduced Monique as a 'socialite', But she works for a hotel chain? I didn't think socialites generally worked.

Seems like both Monique and her hubby have an aversion to being truthful. Wife of a convict seems like a fitting end to someone who bragged that the theme of her wedding was "elitism".

Edited by UsernameFatigue, Jul 27, 2013 @ 8:37 PM.

EricaShadows

EricaShadows

Video Archivist

Posted Jul 28, 2013 @ 12:23 AM

UGH!  Monique was such a B*TCH on this episode.  Uh, Monique?  I don't think you or your husband are important enough for the Obama's to show up, never mind that this is the "Wedding of the Year."  Besides, that title is only in your head.  Just because your husband works for the President doesn't mean that the man actually knows his name.  In addition, I wonder if Monique is playing this up so much because she doesn't want to think about the fact that her fiancee is a less than honest man (especially with finances, if everything is true).  If I was a vendor and knew (or heard rumors) about the finances, I'd be really worried about making sure their checks didn't bounce and that their bills were paid.

With Sandy (Asian bride), I thought the mom really stepped in it when she said Sandy needed to lose weight.  I know there are better ways to say the dress didn't look right on her body and, if she didn't speak English as well as her daughter did, then she could say something about the way the dress fitted, not about her daughter.  If Sandy was bilingual in her mother's native tongue, the mother could have also spoken in that language and have Sandy translate it for everyone, but that wouldn't be dramatic enough, I guess.

TraceyBee

TraceyBee

Fanatic

Posted Jul 29, 2013 @ 11:07 AM

I know there are better ways to say the dress didn't look right on her body and, if she didn't speak English as well as her daughter did, then she could say something about the way the dress fitted, not about her daughter.

Sandy said that her mom was always telling her daughters that they needed to lose weight, so this wasn't new. 

TheBigLie

TheBigLie

Channel Surfer

Posted Aug 3, 2013 @ 10:40 AM

Oh my gosh I had to rush here to see if anyone else disliked her.  What a snob.  Plus I am pretty sure she said there would be "dignitarians" at the wedding.  Aren't they just "dignitaries"?

Well, you need better than just "dignitaries" as guests when your theme is "elitism."

I did enjoy Randy's reaction to Monique's claim that hers was going to be the "wedding of the year." Apparently, he hadn't heard - and the eye-rolling that was embedded in his "wow!! I'm so impressed!!!" verbal response was so evident. 

Missy Vixen

Missy Vixen

Couch Potato

Posted Aug 3, 2013 @ 6:39 PM

Monique is the most annoying bride of this franchise so far. A nine thousand dollar dress wasn't enough for a five-hour event? It sounds like she should have spent more time worrying about her future husband's business dealings than obtaining that second dress for the reception.

The second the cameras went off, there would have been comments to the mother who told her daughter she needed to lose weight, and they would not have been compliments.