Love & Hip Hop: Atlanta

• Please log in to reply

794 replies to this topic

blktiger

blktiger

Just Tuned In

Posted Jul 21, 2013 @ 10:13 AM

So...I just finished watching Joseline's video.  I might be alone, but I kinda liked it.  The location shoot was pretty hot, and I actually thought Joseline looked sexy throughout most of the video (think of it as an ode to Apache's "Gangster B*tches" from the 90s but set in Puerto Rico). LOL Musically, I thought the dude's rap in the middle made the song feel disjointed.  Plus, I thought that Joseline should have sang some lyrics in English.  That would at least help out the non-Spanish speaking audience (i.e., probably most fans of L&HH: ATL) that would watch the video.

tooferone

tooferone

Channel Surfer

Posted Jul 21, 2013 @ 1:59 PM

Scrappy is an addict pure and simple.  Until he admits that and enters rehab and follows the steps he will continue to fail the pee tests and end up in jail.   First he decided the p.o was trying to set him up, then the system was against him, his Momma brought him into this crazy world, yada yada.  Spoken like an addict, denial, and it's everyone else's fault.  His pretend come to Jesus moment was hysterical.  Because the counselor said choose the drugs or your daughter he suddenly decides to choose his daughter.  Puleeze.  His daughter is not a newborn.  That choice was always there and he chose drugs every time including when he gave his daughter that pitiful speech about having to go to jail and it's not really his fault and he's sorry.

Drew finally came clean and told Tracy she is not the girl for him.  She seemed taken aback but should have figured that out in 7 years.  I'm not sure dumping her 'boo' like that was in good form but whatever.

Joseline, you will be as old as Karlie before you make it in the bizniz so stop throwing digs.  That's your own insecurity.  And buying Stevie a ring?  geezus.  You keep looking more desperate.  

paganalexandria

paganalexandria

Loyal Viewer

Posted Jul 21, 2013 @ 3:06 PM

That vidieo is just a world of, "No, Mam."  I have to second the poster confused about the choice of looks. I hope to god no one was paid style the clothing or hair for this. I don't know Spanish, so can't judge the rapping skill.

sasha206

sasha206

Couch Potato

Posted Jul 21, 2013 @ 4:20 PM

Am I the only one who laughed at the way they drop the "Rasheeda is pregnant" and the announcement to Kirk one week -- and he's stunned.  Then what -- an episode later, he's "doing me" and Rasheeda looks like she's 8 months pregnant.  Is there really that much time that passes between episodes or is Kirk that much of a dumbshit that he had no idea his woman is pregnant?

PharmGal10

PharmGal10

Fanatic

Posted Jul 21, 2013 @ 7:53 PM

Just because I can't trust this show, I was trying to see if that was really Rasheeda's momma that was running over Kirk's bike. The editing monkeys were doing some fast cuts and I couldn't really see who was driving.          

That scene was very fake. The camera filmed at an angle where it appeared the bike was on fire, but the fire actually looked like it was a few feet away.

Edited by PharmGal10, Jul 21, 2013 @ 7:54 PM.

MaxineShawEsq

MaxineShawEsq

Loyal Viewer

Posted Jul 21, 2013 @ 9:46 PM

Scrappy is an addict pure and simple.

Who the fuck gets addicted to WEED? 

RealityJunkie10

RealityJunkie10

Couch Potato

Posted Jul 22, 2013 @ 6:28 AM

Here is the thing, I love Momma Dee, but I think if she were my mother, I might start taking and depending on any drug that would give me a mental release. 

Can you imagine having her as a mom growing up?  Going to parent/teacher conferences talking about "castles, princes and queens?".  Calling your teacher a "peasant?".   Hoping against hope that she doesn't embarass you in front of your classmates by wearing something grossly inappropriate?  Because I get the feeling Momma Dee was that kinda mom - although maybe she was with Scrappy's dad for a while which might have kept her under control...but Momma Dee does not seem like the sort to tone herself down for the sake of her family.

paganalexandria

paganalexandria

Loyal Viewer

Posted Jul 22, 2013 @ 12:03 PM

If you can get addicted to sex or food; weed addiction  does not seem impossible. People might not experience physical withdrawals but any psychological dependence is a real thing. Scrappy has that lackadaisical cluelessness that a lot of chronic potheads seem to possess. I'm not talking about people who smoke occasionally, but the type that are happy living in their moms basement pass thirty baked all the time.

Brooklynista

Brooklynista

Fanatic

Posted Jul 22, 2013 @ 7:02 PM

Next time I get in an argument I'm just gonna shout out "Smoke a Straight Shooter Bitch!"

Then I'm just gonna sit back and see what happens.

RealityJunkie10

RealityJunkie10

Couch Potato

Posted Jul 22, 2013 @ 7:52 PM

Next time I get in an argument I'm just gonna shout out "Smoke a Straight Shooter Bitch!"

Then I'm just gonna sit back and see what happens.

I hope you do it at work, maybe during a meeting, it'll be like that episode of "when keeping it real goes wrong"

Brooklynista

Brooklynista

Fanatic

Posted Jul 22, 2013 @ 8:11 PM

Ok I don't want to sparks debate about the virtues of breast feeding...but to nurse for three years?! Is that normal? I mean at three isnt the kid just climbing up on your lap and popping a titty out?

This video Joseline/ Stevie isn't the one that's in rotation on YouTube now. She looked a bit rough on that beach. Maybe she worked out a touch too much getting ready for the shoot. And I want to know what hotel they stayed at in Farjardo. I've been on balconies in Farjardo and the breeze has never hit me as nicely as it hit Joseline in that shot.

Edited by Brooklynista, Jul 22, 2013 @ 8:24 PM.

Starfruit

Starfruit

Video Archivist

Posted Jul 22, 2013 @ 8:17 PM

If next week's preview is correct, then Stevie J really is an ass. I mean, Joseline is too BUT she seems like she is very serious and for Stevie to do something like that, knowing the rough life she has had, I just can't.

BloggerAloud

BloggerAloud

Video Archivist

Posted Jul 22, 2013 @ 10:32 PM

So let me understand this: Joseline gives Stevie money for a music video. He takes some of that money and gives it to Mimi. Mimi takes some of the money to redo her boobs. So essentially Joseline paid,at least in part, for Mimi's new chest?

OaklandGirl

OaklandGirl

Fanatic

Posted Jul 23, 2013 @ 12:09 AM

Ok I don't want to sparks debate about the virtues of breast feeding...but to nurse for three years?! Is that normal? I mean at three isnt the kid just climbing up on your lap and popping a titty out?

I'm actually surprised.  I didn't think any of these broads were selfless enough to be breastfeeding, let alone to be doing it for 3 years.  

That said, I nursed for that long, and it's actually quite hard to wean a toddler.  The older they get, the harder it is to wean.  But yeah... they are old enough to ask for it, and that can be embarrassing and inconvenient.

RealityJunkie10

RealityJunkie10

Couch Potato

Posted Jul 23, 2013 @ 1:53 AM

So let me understand this: Joseline gives Stevie money for a music video. He takes some of that money and gives it to Mimi. Mimi takes some of the money to redo her boobs. So essentially Joseline paid,at least in part, for Mimi's new chest?

Based on Joseline's video, I'm going to say that 99% of the money Joseline gave to Stevie went to Mimi's boobs.

Brooklynista

Brooklynista

Fanatic

Posted Jul 23, 2013 @ 3:19 PM

Maybe I'm misremembering...but wasn't Soulja Boy and Diamond scheduled to be on this season?  Where did I get this from?

Is it possible this is why we now have the uber-silly Kirk/Rasheeda fakey bullshit?

appledumpling

appledumpling

Video Archivist

Posted Jul 23, 2013 @ 9:10 PM

Maybe I'm misremembering...but wasn't Soulja Boy and Diamond scheduled to be on this season?  Where did I get this from?

Is it possible this is why we now have the uber-silly Kirk/Rasheeda fakey bullshit?

No that's how we now have Traci and Drew with their lame storyline.

scruffy73

scruffy73

Fanatic

Posted Jul 24, 2013 @ 4:56 PM

If next week's preview is correct, then Stevie J really is an ass. I mean, Joseline is too BUT she seems like she is very serious and for Stevie to do something like that, knowing the rough life she has had, I just can't.

I am real confused by what I THOUGHT I saw happening.  Did Steebie propose to Joseline and then give Mimi a ring?

Brooklynista

Brooklynista

Fanatic

Posted Jul 24, 2013 @ 7:14 PM

Wasn't there a rumor that the three of them used to rock out together ? Maybe the spin- off will be Sister Girl Wives.

Eric83

Eric83

Couch Potato

Posted Jul 24, 2013 @ 9:28 PM

Soulja Boy said it himself last fall. Then he and Diamond broke up and there was effectively no one willing to film with her. (Which was odd considering she and Rasheeda are friends). Eventually they just let her go.

sasha206

sasha206

Couch Potato

Posted Jul 25, 2013 @ 5:34 PM

Can I  just talk about my hate for Mimi again?  I'm so tired of this idiot acting as though she is one strong woman not dependent on a man.  She is so fucking phony.

Why was Mimi acting like all she wanted were her boobs to be perky again and yet the Dr. is showing her silicone?  Clearly a breast augmentation not a lift job.  And Carly and her busted ass face asking no-neck for money to support her boob job.

tooferone

tooferone

Channel Surfer

Posted Jul 25, 2013 @ 7:29 PM

Here's hoping K.Michelle brings the cray cray and goes all in on Rasheeda at the reunion.  If the storyline is fake Mona will probably have all lips krazy glued (contract), but if it is real all bets are off and I can't see KM missing that opportunity.  Rasheeda had the nerve to  call a sit down with KM to dismiss her claims of being beaten.  It was forward, obnoxious and completely out of line.  I am still smarting about that. People may feel sympathy for the pregnant lady but Kirk is fair game.  Especially after he gave KM that 'warning' to leave his wife alone or else.  Some stand up guy.

I am having trouble solving this math word problem;  If Joseline gives Stevie half the money for the video shoot and Stevie agrees to put in the other half, then Stevie gives Joseline's half to Mimi does that mean Stevie didn't need to put in his half because the video was free, or did he use his half to fund the video because that was the full cost of the video  and therefore took advantage of Joseline? Fellow posters, please help me solve this.

Plus did Stevie make a point of telling Mimi it was Joseline's money?  Ugh,  I am through extending sympathy to any of the cast.

With the last episode looming ima need Scrappy to call me and give me a heads up as to what to expect going thru withdrawal.  Now that he is in rehab and all.  (If he stuck it out).  Trifling as this show is I looked forward to Monday nights and it didn't disappoint.

Is it me or did Erica look slightly pleased when Scrappy proposed again?  I noticed the camera cut away real fast and then in her talking head she was annoyed.  Hmm.  We'll see.

Random thought:  I am not on board with those pointy nails Joseline was sporting.  They are the new thing in acrylic tips I guess.  I live in the northeast and work as a cashier.  The few customers who have checked out in my lane with those pointy tips managed to jab me (accidentally, i hope) just in the exchange of payment.  I cant imagine changing contact lens or diapers or other tasks with those sharp points.  Square or round should remain the only options.  It's mainly square here, but I guess it depends on which section of the country you live.

Eric83

Eric83

Couch Potato

Posted Jul 25, 2013 @ 9:39 PM

Stevie said he gave Joseline's half to Mimi because the video wasn't going to cost that much

appledumpling

appledumpling

Video Archivist

Posted Jul 25, 2013 @ 10:47 PM

The video looks real cheap, all Joseline is doing is walking thru the streets of Ponce with clothes she looks like she took from her own closet and  hair that looks like she did herself.  What happened to the shots on the beach in the water?  Was that a different song?  Did Stevie squeeze two videos out of his budget?

RealityJunkie10

RealityJunkie10

Couch Potato

Posted Jul 26, 2013 @ 4:49 AM

1. Yeah....fast and cheap was exactly how that video looked Stevie

2.  I wonder how Joseline is going to feel when she sees Stevie giving her money to Mimi. 

And by the way, since Mimi is getting money from Joseline's pocket, she can sure stop talking all that shit about Joseline right about now.

3.  "I'm not doing it for a man, I'm not doing it for my self esteem, I'm doing it for ME!" 

Isn't doing it for your self esteem the same as doing it for you?  Whatever, her boob job was in no way interesting, and her insistence that everyone knows she does so much for everyone else was also strange.  I never got the alturitic (sp), unselfish vibe from Mimi. 

4. No K. Michelle, no Ariane, no Tracey and no Drew this episode...interesting

In the episode right before the season finale, I'm not sure what to make of this.  Does this mean that they aren't going to be featured on the show anymore?  Normally the season finale is what everyone talks about during the reunion, and it doesn't appear to feature K. Michelle, Ariane, Drew or Tracey.  I don't mind because I find K. Michelle to be insane, Ariane to be annoying, Tracey to be a fool, and Drew can be annoying, although sometimes its funny to watch him fuck with Tracey's mind. 

5. WTF is up with Benzino and that video? 

Is he just trying to get more time on screen? 

6. Karlie's boob leak -

there are two things about that that are just downright sad to me. 

a)      She has to ask Benzino for $4,000 to help fix her boobs - bitch you have been on this show for two seasons!  You have apparently been performing for money!  You are 45 years old!  In 45 years of life on this earth, working and taking care (maybe) of one child, you haven't put away any money?     I can understand asking him for emotional support, but damn you have to ask him for money to fix your leaky boobs?  Maybe I could understand hustling a guy for something you want but don't need like a purse, or a pair of shoes, but you have to hustle a guy for something you need...yikes.  What if he had said no, would your boobs be as lopsided as your ass?

b)     Benzino pretty much told her she has to have sex with him if he wants the $4,000.  When a man says "you have to be nice to me" on this show, to me its pretty much code for "you're going to have to have sex with me"  and she is so desperate for the money she agrees.  I might understand all of this for a young, naieve girl, but at Karlie's age, the whole thing is just sad to me

7. Joseline

You know, this episode more so than any other made me like her.  She is the only one that I think is real.  Her breakdown in PR felt real.  It makes it so much more sad to know all that she went through makes her only want to have love in her life.  It helps me to understand why she is so insistent on marrying Stevie J.  Whatever he does next week is going to be something that upsets her, and because she is so desperate to be happy she will stay with Stevie. 

tooferone - I'm going to have to address your concerns, because they are compelling!

I am having trouble solving this math word problem;  If Joseline gives Stevie half the money for the video shoot and Stevie agrees to put in the other half, then Stevie gives Joseline's half to Mimi does that mean Stevie didn't need to put in his half because the video was free, or did he use his half to fund the video because that was the full cost of the video  and therefore took advantage of Joseline? Fellow posters, please help me solve this.

Having watched the video online, I'm going to say that Stevie gave 90-95% of the all the video shoot money to Mimi for that boob job.  They should have hired me, I could have walked around taping shoes, people waving, and the streets of PR on my IPAD just for the cost of the trip!  And I assure you  my video would have been better.  We would have had enough left over to pay to get Mimi's mouth wired shut so she would stop annoying me

Random thought:  I am not on board with those pointy nails Joseline was sporting.  They are the new thing in acrylic tips I guess.  I live in the northeast and work as a cashier.  The few customers who have checked out in my lane with those pointy tips managed to jab me (accidentally, i hope) just in the exchange of payment.  I cant imagine changing contact lens or diapers or other tasks with those sharp points.  Square or round should remain the only options.  It's mainly square here, but I guess it depends on which section of the country you live.

I totally agree 100% with this.  Those claws look awful, and Joselines look especially offensive.  They almost look like removable tips, which is the only way I could imagine wearing anything like that.  But then again, I'm a manicure/clear coat/short nail type of girl.  I have to wonder who was the first person inspired to go for that look.

sasha206

sasha206

Couch Potato

Posted Jul 26, 2013 @ 9:51 AM

3.  "I'm not doing it for a man, I'm not doing it for my self esteem, I'm doing it for ME!" 

Isn't doing it for your self esteem the same as doing it for you?  Whatever, her boob job was in no way interesting, and her insistence that everyone knows she does so much for everyone else was also strange.  I never got the alturitic (sp), unselfish vibe from Mimi. 

Exactly!  What the fuck does she do for everyone else?  I've never seen someone so self-important and self-involved.  

And no-neck with the "you have to be nice to me."  Gross.  He's another one that irritates the fuck out of me.  He acts just like Mimi -- putting out the above it all vibe.  But when it comes right down to it, she accepts money with strings attached and he gives out money with strings attached. 

EndoKE

EndoKE

Fanatic

Posted Jul 26, 2013 @ 10:44 AM

When I was in college, during the 70's I had a roommate who our freshman year was a very good girl; she had a fiancee in the Marines, studied hard, was a good student.  Then in our second year something happened, and POOF she  became addicted to weed.  I didn't think it was possible either, but she started smoking and got so hooked that she stole from me and eventually had to drop out of college, I wonder if she ever got her life together.  

sasha206

sasha206

Couch Potato

Posted Jul 26, 2013 @ 11:13 AM

When I was in college, during the 70's I had a roommate who our freshman year was a very good girl; she had a fiancee in the Marines, studied hard, was a good student.  Then in our second year something happened, and POOF she  became addicted to weed.  I didn't think it was possible either, but she started smoking and got so hooked that she stole from me and eventually had to drop out of college, I wonder if she ever got her life together.  

This is what bothers me about this celebration of weed by our celebrities  I don't think it should be criminalized but it's not a completely harmless drug like they make it out to be as well.

hicks964

hicks964

Couch Potato

Posted Jul 26, 2013 @ 10:18 PM

Random thought: I am not on board with those pointy nails Joseline was sporting

In my last job, the 20 somethings said the style is "stiletto." It has to be the ugliest creation known to acrylic nails (guess I'm just old). Even having all 10 nails the same color is probably considered old fashioned.

tooferone

tooferone

Channel Surfer

Posted Jul 27, 2013 @ 7:47 PM

"stiletto" indeed.  Hadn't heard the term before but how apropos.

Thanks for the responses to the word problem, posters. Haven't learned to quote yet so forgive me.  But short of it, Stevie continues to use Joseline. Man has no heart. 

I thought the ring on the table was Erica retrieving Scrappy's ring from the pawn shop...now that he reproposed and all.