Hollywood Exes

• Please log in to reply

637 replies to this topic

SouthsideofNo

SouthsideofNo

Video Archivist

Posted Jun 11, 2012 @ 5:21 PM

Another show about exes....http://www.vh1.com/shows/hollywood_exes/series.jhtml

Starring: Nicole Murphy (Eddie Murphy), Andrea Kelly (R. Kelly), Jessica Canseco (Jose Canseco), Sheree Fletcher (Will Smith), Mayte Garcia (Tommy Lee)

Premieres June 27th 9/8c but it appaears that a sneak peek will air on the 25th.

Hollywood Exes is a docu-series that delves deep into the lives of a group of women who are separated from some of the most famous men in America. Simply put, these girls are starting over. They all divorced young and got married even younger so now is when they need each other's backs the most. And from raising kids to starting up a new business ... these women are ready to tackle a VERY busy year.

At a glance, all these girls are at a different phase in their relations with their exes. Some have remained friends while others can't even say their names out loud, but either way, the girls have the support of each other to fall back on. These women aren't exactly new acquaintances either. Some have known each other even before they were married so there is clearly a strong sisterhood within the group dynamic.

More than anything, this series will prove that through the struggles of a high profile divorce and separation, these women can emerge from the shadows of their ex-;husbands' fame and fortune, and show the world that they're not just a trophy wife with a pretty face. This fabulous group's quest is to establish themselves as independent, successful women and bring relevance, honor and fame to themselves separate from their exes... even if there happens to be some drama along the way.

Promo: http://www.vh1.com/s...xes/video.jhtml

Edited by SouthsideofNo, Jun 15, 2012 @ 6:43 PM.

sunsheyen

sunsheyen

Couch Potato

Posted Jun 11, 2012 @ 6:02 PM

Is this the same Mayte that was married to Prince (also appeared on KUWTK as Kim's 'friend' once)? If so, that is way more interesting than Tommy Lee...he's had too many exes to be a big draw for me. I would bet Prince has a pretty tight non disclosure agreement though, so not much dirt there, sadly.

*edited to correct auto correct

Edited by sunsheyen, Jun 11, 2012 @ 6:05 PM.

georgekush

georgekush

Loyal Viewer

Posted Jun 11, 2012 @ 6:08 PM

Yes that is Prince's ex. This show looks interesting because it doesn't seem fueled by the standard girl fighting like other VH1 wives shows..and these ladies were married to some pretty high profile men!

SouthsideofNo

SouthsideofNo

Video Archivist

Posted Jun 15, 2012 @ 6:43 PM

Supertrailer: http://blog.vh1.com/...ywood-exes-now/

kemon

kemon

Fanatic

Posted Jun 15, 2012 @ 7:24 PM

I will be tuning in.

Eddie Murphy's ex was on Entertainment Tonight and she discussed how Eddie is supportive of her and her appearance on the show. When asked if Eddie cheated on her, she declined to respond. Like we don't already know the answer. I am guessing if Eddie is supportive, there must not be much dirt exposed here.

I remember Mayte and the loss of the child she and Prince had together. When I heard Mayte hooked up with Tommy Lee I thought, WTF?

georgekush

georgekush

Loyal Viewer

Posted Jun 15, 2012 @ 7:36 PM

This looks excellent. Just the right balance of fabulousness and trashy reality TV drama. I'm calling that R. Kelly's ex will be the breakout star/source of comedy for the show. Jose Canseco seems to only want to be on the show to sustain his 15 minutes..notice how he's the only ex on the show.

Edited by georgekush, Jun 15, 2012 @ 7:36 PM.

AtlanticVamp

AtlanticVamp

Fanatic

Posted Jun 16, 2012 @ 1:15 AM

I just clicked on the link to the supertrailer. So, Mayte has the 0+(-> symbol on her freakin' plates? Are you kidding me? Then mentions she might still have some of his clothes. Part of me wants to laugh my ass off, but Prince was her first everything: she met him when she was a teenager, became part of his entourage, then married him when she was legal, and even lived with him after they divorced. So yeah, she's got a real attachment to him. For someone who was married to the notoriously secretive Prince, though, she's in the wrong business doing a reality show. Prince frowns on anything he considers gossip, and this might not work out too well for Mayte if she's still friendly with him.

Jessica Canseco, meh. Jose has already put his business in the street, between his book "Juiced", and his appearance on "The Surreal Life". Ditto Nicole Murphy, because the best gossip on Eddie Murphy has been in the tabloids already. Nothing like being pulled over for pulling over a transgendered hooker.

My tuning in will probably hinge on the former Mrs. Kelly, Smith, and ...0+(-> . Being married to Will Smith during his "Fresh Prince" days might have given Sheree some unique insights. Andrea Smith's past with R. Kelly, especially given his apparent predilection toward young girls, might yield some juicy stories. Mayte Garcia is what will get me to tune in, though.

Turkish

Turkish

Stalker

Posted Jun 16, 2012 @ 1:36 AM

Being married to Will Smith during his "Fresh Prince" days might have given Sheree some unique insights.

I'm really interested to see if she reveals anything about Will Smith. Probably not though. She's got a kid with him and I imagine she's getting some nice child support checks all these years. Her son also seems the most normal of those kids since he's the only one Will and Jada aren't trying to pimp out to Hollywood Kardashian-style.

Edited by Turkish, Jun 16, 2012 @ 1:36 AM.

discoprincess

discoprincess

Couch Potato

Posted Jun 16, 2012 @ 2:03 AM

Being married to Will Smith during his "Fresh Prince" days might have given Sheree some unique insights.

For example, an insight on Aunt Viv's beef with Will Smith. She's made news at least twice about how much she hates him.

Will had a pretty squeaky clean image back in the day, so unless he is a closet freak, I can't imagine that there'd be that much dirt.

I had no idea that R. Kelly had an ex-wife...other than the late Aaliyah, especially one that seems to have been halfway age-appropriate for him.

I hope Jessica Canseco still isn't in love with Jose. When your own daughter feels compelled to remind you of your ex-husband's (and her father's) douchebag behavior, you know it's time to let sleeping dogs lie!

yian

yian

Couch Potato

Posted Jun 16, 2012 @ 9:34 PM

apparently, I haven't reached my Reality TV limit, cause I am boycotting Basketball Wives, so I'm in.

Edited by yian, Jun 16, 2012 @ 9:35 PM.

luckyroll3

luckyroll3

Couch Potato

Posted Jun 19, 2012 @ 6:07 PM

Just saw a "sneak peak" of this on VH1. It looks interesting and seems that they may actually focus on the women's lives, not just stupidness.

I thought it was funny when Mayte pulled out some of Prince's old clothes and the ladies were trying them on and acting like him. I vaguely remember Mayte and Prince on Oprah way back when talking about how they were the exact same size and frequently wore each others clothes.

I hope the ladies dish some good dirt about their exes (although, I don't really give a crap about Jose Conseco).

SouthsideofNo

SouthsideofNo

Video Archivist

Posted Jun 22, 2012 @ 6:47 PM

Episode 1 is available online:

http://www.vh1.com/v.../playlist.jhtml

candicissima

candicissima

Couch Potato

Posted Jun 23, 2012 @ 1:17 PM

This does seem like a more mature counterpart to something like Basketball Wives, but they had to have a shit stirrer, so I suppose that's Jessica's role. I'm surprised to find myself liking most of them -- Mayte and Andrea are definitely the standouts.

quietone

quietone

Fanatic

Posted Jun 23, 2012 @ 1:55 PM

Due to insomnia and curiosity I watched this last night. It was interesting until they showed the previews for the season. I really don't care to watch grown ups behaving like middle school kids (I mostly avoid reality tv for that reason).

As for what I saw last night, I had no idea R. Kelly had been married (to someone other than Aaliyah)and had three children! Andrea's line about stretch marks and mortgages cracked me up.

I don't know why but I thought it was sad that Mayte said she and Prince don't speak. Watching her navigate the dating scene could be interesting since I'm kind of in the same boat.

Nicole is tall and gorgeous! I'm curious about the situation involving the money being taken from the trust.

Jessica is definitely the trouble maker and drama queen of the group. What was that laser procedure she had? She should definitely say no to Jose's proposal of living together. I get that Jessica wants what's best for Josie but she and Jose can co-parent w/o sharing a house.

Sheree...hmmm. I'm a Christian and Sheree bothered me. I got a holier than thou attitude from her that is oft-putting. I really didn't like how she shamed/browbeat everyone into saying grace. Thinking back I would have loved to have seen Jessica refuse just to see Sheree's reaction. Sheree just assumed everyone shared the same belief and custom. If she wanted to say grace before eating no one was stopping her; I do that whenever I eat out with family, friends, and co-workers. IDK, maybe I'm reading more into that scene than I should.

I'll probably keep watching because the women are interesting and to see if they dish any dirt on their exes.

Edited by quietone, Jun 23, 2012 @ 1:56 PM.

EndoKE

EndoKE

Fanatic

Posted Jun 23, 2012 @ 2:58 PM

As for what I saw last night, I had no idea R. Kelly had been married (to someone other than Aaliyah)and had three children! Andrea's line about stretch marks and mortgages cracked me up.

I did know that R. Kelly was married and had children, but I don't remember if that was before or after Aaliyah (I think that marriage was annulled VERY soon after it happened).

sunsheyen

sunsheyen

Couch Potato

Posted Jun 23, 2012 @ 4:55 PM

Andrea's marriage was well after Aaliyah. I believe they were together around sex tape time. She used to be one of his dancers, I think.

Stardancer2001

Stardancer2001

Fanatic

Posted Jun 24, 2012 @ 7:47 AM

I'm in! Loooove Andrea and Nicole. Jessica? Girl, don't move Jose back into your house. He only wants to get back with you because he's busted and has no other options. Sheree is going to bring that Preacher's Wife vibe in and that is going to rub folk the wrong way. Mayte, poor thing. No man is going to want you after Prince and Tommy Lee.

ShugAvery

ShugAvery

Loyal Viewer

Posted Jun 24, 2012 @ 3:59 PM

Besides a check, I can't fathom why Sheree is on this show. Yes, FPOBA put Will on the map but he wasn't a huge star when they were married. That was 17 years and two husbands ago so I really can't take her seriously, a lot of people didn't even know he was married before Jada.

Drea seems pretty funny/likeable but I side eye anybody that was married to R.Kelly after a certain point.

Stardancer2001

Stardancer2001

Fanatic

Posted Jun 24, 2012 @ 4:36 PM

I wondered why R-ruh kept his marriage to Andrea so close to his vest. Wasn't he on trial for sexing that minor girl at the time? That would have been the perfect time to trot out the wife unless she was pregnant then.

lillypforme

lillypforme

Video Archivist

Posted Jun 24, 2012 @ 7:23 PM

Last we saw of Jessica she was getting spray tanned by one of the harlots on Sunset Tan and was married to Dr. Garth Fisher- (Brooke Burke's ex). I guess that marriage is over now?

georgekush

georgekush

Loyal Viewer

Posted Jun 24, 2012 @ 7:56 PM

Yeah she said on the first episode she was divorced twice.

circe221

circe221

Couch Potato

Posted Jun 24, 2012 @ 8:06 PM

I think Jessica is stunning. I never understood why she would be with Neanderthal-looking Jose.

21bored

21bored

Couch Potato

Posted Jun 25, 2012 @ 5:41 PM

Me and my mom were on the phone when we both saw the long trailer for this show. My mom said about R. Kelly's ex-wife, "Damn, I can see why he like 10-year-olds, because all this bitch does is cry. And she ugly." She's...yeah. A little candid.

Anyway, this show just seems like more Basic Ass Hoes Pretend To Be Sex And The City But Really They Shop At Dots.

Stardancer2001

Stardancer2001

Fanatic

Posted Jun 25, 2012 @ 5:45 PM

I think Andrea looks better with the short hair. She looks "special" with the weave. I still like her the most personality wise.

Sleepwalker12

Sleepwalker12

Couch Potato

Posted Jun 25, 2012 @ 9:30 PM

I wondered why R-ruh kept his marriage to Andrea so close to his vest. Wasn't he on trial for sexing that minor girl at the time? That would have been the perfect time to trot out the wife unless she was pregnant then.

I think during the dinner table seen Andrea said that R.Kelly got with her when she was 18 or 19, so I'm thinking she was his first teen bride before Aaliyah. At least she was legal, though.

Edited by Sleepwalker12, Jun 25, 2012 @ 9:31 PM.

PharmGal10

PharmGal10

Fanatic

Posted Jun 27, 2012 @ 1:53 PM

I really like Jessica, Andrea, and Nicole so far. Andrea and Jessica seem like such fun people, and there's something very interesting about Nicole. She seems very sweet and her bod is amazing! Fierce. Jessica needs to let Jose go - I read she got a huge settlement from her last marriage to that plastic surgeon, and Jose has been going through some tough times financially, so I feel like he might be trying to get in good with her for that reason.

I do not know what to make of Sheree just yet. Not to say her walk with God is not genuine, but I always side-eye the born-again chicks who are about prayer 24/7 and bless this, bless that. In my experience, those are the chicks to watch out for. They'll pray for you and cuss you out in the same breath.

I can't read Mayte. I feel like she went through some things during her marriage with Prince, and I imagine losing her child causes her emotional feelings about her marriage to increase tenfold. I also think Prince has an order that she can't speak of him beyond general comments which makes it confusing as to why Mayte even wanted to be on this show. There's something off about her. In the previews, she's shown with what looks like endless Prince china (like plates and cups with the Prince symbol) and his clothes. They've been over for a while and unless she plans on selling that stuff on ebay, she needs to let it go.

Edited by PharmGal10, Jun 27, 2012 @ 1:58 PM.

swankie

swankie

Stalker

Posted Jun 27, 2012 @ 9:20 PM

Me and my mom were on the phone when we both saw the long trailer for this show. My mom said about R. Kelly's ex-wife, "Damn, I can see why he like 10-year-olds, because all this bitch does is cry. And she ugly." She's...yeah. A little candid.

She may not be beweaved out, but I like R. Kelly's ex. She seems really nice and I can only imagine what she went through married to him during all that pedofile sex tape mess. I don't think she's ugly either. She's just not your usual granite faced, weave wearing, botoxed, fake boobed stereotypical Hollywood wife. I'm also loving Eddie's ex. She's so pretty and she seems so real and down to earth. Love her mother too. She's a hoot. My biggest surprise was how much Will Smith's ex looks like Jada. He certainly has a type that's for sure.
Okay, now I'm mad! Jessica can lose me with that shit about black men not liking to go down on black women. I'm really surprised they didn't call her out on that shit more aggressively. And I think she made that crap up about her going down on a black woman because she realized she blurted out something she shouldn't have said in the company of black women. I*don't*like*her!!! I hope Jose tricks her into taking him back so he can get all of her money!!! :(

Edited by swankie, Jun 28, 2012 @ 12:01 AM.

PharmGal10

PharmGal10

Fanatic

Posted Jun 28, 2012 @ 6:48 AM

Andrea has been getting dragged on twitter because of her looks and I find that very sad. I think she's a very attractive woman with a lovely smile and great spirit. Her body is banging, too.

fishandgrits

fishandgrits

Channel Surfer

Posted Jun 28, 2012 @ 7:21 AM

There's nothing wrong with Andrea's looks.

Mayte does seem like she has issues. I guess that you'd have to be a little weird to marry Prince.

swankie

swankie

Stalker

Posted Jun 28, 2012 @ 12:56 PM

Mayte does seem like she has issues. I guess that you'd have to be a little weird to marry Prince.

I remember when she lost her baby that lived for a short time. I remember reading that it had some type of condition where the skull was fused together therefore the brain couldn’t grow or something like that. I can imagine you would never get over something like that. And did she say that the dark haired girl she met for lunch with the baby pictures was also Prince’s ex? If so, was the baby whose pictures she was showing Mayte Prince’s baby? If so, that would be all kinds of messed up and in bad taste to show her pictures of the baby of the man you lost your own baby with. I know they are friends, but it made me want to cry looking at the look of longing on her face as she was watching those photos. I like Mayte. Even if she is a musician junkie.