Bethenny: Shut Up, Guests, I知 Talking

• Please log in to reply

612 replies to this topic

singularname

singularname

Channel Surfer

Posted Sep 10, 2013 @ 8:07 PM

This is some real 80's-era crap--the "doctor," some exercise gimmick, strippers. Seriously? And I actually like(d?) the woman and her manicness, but she just took a sharp, permanent turn to Stupid Lake. And I bet her brakes don't work.

Xerographic

Xerographic

Couch Potato

Posted Sep 10, 2013 @ 10:46 PM

It looks like the show is already off to a mediocre start.

Bethenny opened with a 0.9/3 in households and 0.6/4 in women 25-54. That was in line with the debuts of the two new talk shows last fall that didn’t make it to second season: Jeff Probst (1.0, 0.7) and Ricki Lake (0.8, 0.4).

Soft Start For ‘Bethenny’ As ‘Ellen’ Tops All Syndicated Talk Show Premieres

Fishyswa

Fishyswa

Couch Potato

Posted Sep 11, 2013 @ 10:20 AM

I wouldn't mind Bethenny's talk show if she could just get a 'voice'ectomy,  She has the.most.annoying.tone of voice.  And when she raises it, yikes almighty I can't take it.

DreamtoRebelx

DreamtoRebelx

Channel Surfer

Posted Sep 11, 2013 @ 10:26 AM

I've never even seen this show before. What is this show about?

Xerographic

Xerographic

Couch Potato

Posted Sep 11, 2013 @ 11:35 AM

I've never even seen this show before. What is this show about?

Woman empowerment. And sex. Just kidding, it's advertised as a "celebrity/lifestyle talk show".

braggtastic

braggtastic

Stalker

Posted Sep 11, 2013 @ 12:38 PM

Ugh don't like either one - Bethany & Terrence deserve each other.

raiderred

raiderred

Couch Potato

Posted Sep 11, 2013 @ 1:18 PM

I kind of liked Bethenny at the beginning of RHNY but after her own shows I can't stand her.  I was channel surfing last night and caught this talk show of hers. Oh my god it is awful.  The color of the set is terrible and put that together with Beth's shrill voice. NO THANKS!

King Cat Sam

King Cat Sam

Fanatic

Posted Sep 11, 2013 @ 1:21 PM

Today the topics are texting and sex plus naked yoga.

ryebread

ryebread

Couch Potato

Posted Sep 11, 2013 @ 1:27 PM

...and waxing our wazoos.

Dee Clutter

Dee Clutter

Couch Potato

Posted Sep 11, 2013 @ 2:07 PM

Let's think about this ... she has a show focusing on sex WHICH IS ON DURING THE MORNING!  

3 AM maybe ... 10 AM like in my market, no.

shoegal99

shoegal99

Loyal Viewer

Posted Sep 11, 2013 @ 2:34 PM

I forgot that way back when I had set my DVR to record this show, so I was suprised when it showed up on Monday, if I hadn't set that recording when the pilot ran, I would never have realized this show was coming back!  I watched the first episode, the interview with Nick Cannon was nice I thought, but that was about it when it comes to entertainment.  I like Bethenny, but the show is just boring and doesn't work.  I do really like the set, and I hate to admit that I love the theme song, but that's about it.  Plus, it's super awkward because they play that theme song for way too long and Bethenny comes right out and then they all just kind of stand there and bounce and clap to the music, and that monologue on the first day went on too long and also became awkward.  I feel like there is some kind of potential here, but this show has just not found it's groove, and it doesn't look promising to me!

DreamtoRebelx

DreamtoRebelx

Channel Surfer

Posted Sep 11, 2013 @ 2:54 PM

Woman empowerment. And sex. Just kidding, it's advertised as a "celebrity/lifestyle talk show".

Like we don't have enough of those on.

jjj

jjj

Fanatic

Posted Sep 11, 2013 @ 4:22 PM

Watched almost two minutes before changing channels. I'd like to say a piece of drek like this will not last long, but I've been wrong about worse drek than this.

Xerographic

Xerographic

Couch Potato

Posted Sep 11, 2013 @ 4:52 PM

Ratings already dipped a tenth for day 2. I wonder what happened to everyone that watched her six week test run last summer, seems like they never came back. I don't think they're too quick to pull the plug on talk shows, since most of them are already pre-taped in advanced. We'll see one season then it'll probably gone like The Ricki Lake Show or The Jeff Probst Show.

LucyEwing

LucyEwing

Loyal Viewer

Posted Sep 11, 2013 @ 9:31 PM

I caught about 5 minutes of this today. Dear lord, what a piece of crap it is.  In that time she talked to 4 audience members, who all had something to say about how much the loved Bethenny  and how pretty she was.  The moment I saw Terrence was when I turned it off.  I put up with him for a year with Anderson, but only because I seem to have an unconditional love for AC, but I have to draw the line of him with Bethenny. 

Bossa Nova

Bossa Nova

Couch Potato

Posted Sep 12, 2013 @ 5:02 PM

Anybody notice that Bravo was running a marathon "Bethenney Ever After" today  (the 2nd season when she had Bryn and was still likable).  I felt like it was Andy Cohen's gift to Bethenny to reinforce her brand, name awareness etc as her talk show was premiering this week - plus Beth was Andy's guest Wed night on Watch What Happens Live.

By the way, I can't stand this talk show. No, just no. But I am in my 50's. I don't need to talk about sex all the time. I've seen a penis or three in my life. Been there done that. I get my female empowerment from other stuff. Like being smart and very informed. 

I want to comment on Bethenny's present status with Jason and the demise of their marriage, but will do that over at WWHL forum as she was asked about this last night by Andy.

Edited by Bossa Nova, Sep 12, 2013 @ 5:02 PM.

Kali12

Kali12

Fanatic

Posted Sep 12, 2013 @ 5:15 PM

I'd forgotten about this show (and will again) but was sitting in the living room working on a project when I heard someone's shrieky voice, "...and SEX!!!!" It was so loud and obnoxious I looked up. I have no idea what the rest of the ad said, but, yes, it was Bethenny's ending for a commercial for her talk show.

Does she still think this show and her shtick is aimed at late-20s, early 30-year olds? I hope it fails and I think it would do her good if it did.

meisja

meisja

Fanatic

Posted Sep 12, 2013 @ 8:21 PM

I wasn't one of the "lucky" ones who got to see the limited run last season, but I was expecting something - no, anything - better than this. There is no content at all as far as I can tell, it's like one big long intro (which of course, she would make a joke about). I keep waiting for a segment of some type, but suddenly people just show up here or there and then disappear. So far I've made it through a thrilling interview where Bethenny appears to ask an actual MD if "men prefer the 'bald eagle?'"  I GET IT, I GET IT, I GET IT!! (in Bethenny's wake-a-narcoleptic tone and her manic eyes), she is so down with the girls... she may be 42, but she's totally one with Miley Cyrus! This show is so much worse than anything I've imagined.

And enough with the branding all of the damn time. Apparently SG is doing fine so now it's work "from a place of yes" into every episode 45 times! I'm sure she's given the girls back in the office the go ahead to down a shot every time they here the phrase, but whatever the phrase meant when she was on the rise lost all meaning; I'm just embarrassed for her that she's trying so hard to make it happen.

The moment I saw Terrence was when I turned it off.  I put up with him for a year with Anderson, but only because I seem to have an unconditional love for AC, but I have to draw the line of him with Bethenny. 

Oh yes, the return of Terrence... Because they were rerunning the AC talk show all summer, it was like he was never gone, but, I have to say, he looks positively morose on the set of this show. It could just be the terrible lighting, but I don't think I've seen as much as a smirk, and I wonder how bad it is over there if he's that miserable. He used to beam through most of the AC hour and then go berserk whenever anything vaguely sexual made it into the show, but hour after hour of Bethenny's Vagina and It's Place of Yes looks to be doing him no favors.

God will I hate the sad, sad commentary from Ellen when this gets canned and the inevitable one-on-one interview to follow. 

Edited by meisja, Sep 12, 2013 @ 8:23 PM.

Kali12

Kali12

Fanatic

Posted Sep 12, 2013 @ 8:49 PM

God will I hate the sad, sad commentary from Ellen when this gets canned and the inevitable one-on-one interview to follow.

I'm pretty sure it will be someone else's fault, probably Jason's -- "it didn't work because I was in the middle of such an ugly divorce."

I don't know if Andy Cohen helps her (inc. showing "Bethenny Ever After", not the worst season of it on the day the talk show returns) because he likes her, because he's grateful since she gave RHoNY such a boost, or because now that she's so much wealthier than he is, she's someone worth sucking up to. Whatever the reason, he seems to feel he owes her, rather than the other way around.

Which is weird to me because I think she'd never have SG or this show without him and being cast on RH (when she wasn't even married or with kids).

She wanted us to think of her as a young, hip, sexy Martha Stewart for 2013.

She's not.

MrsEVH

MrsEVH

Fanatic

Posted Sep 12, 2013 @ 9:28 PM

Who is this woman and what is she famous for?

Xerographic

Xerographic

Couch Potato

Posted Sep 12, 2013 @ 10:48 PM

She was on The Real Housewives of New York, got her own wedding spin-off (Bethenny Getting Married?) which evolved into her own reality show (Bethenny Ever After). She's the creator of Skinnygirl cocktails plus came in second place on the short lived show The Apprentice: Martha Stewart. That about sums it up.

King Cat Sam

King Cat Sam

Fanatic

Posted Sep 12, 2013 @ 10:58 PM

Even see more products from the Skinnygirl line expanding. In addition to the bottles of booze, she has created supplements or diet related items as I have seen vitamins and granola snacking bars. She has shapewear, yoga wear, plus lingerie. I have seen exercise mats and towels with shower and bath soaps or lotions. Books too.

meisja

meisja

Fanatic

Posted Sep 13, 2013 @ 1:22 AM

Someone who has enough money to be doing a much better job at balancing her tendencies. 

Even see more products from the Skinnygirl line expanding. In addition to the bottles of booze, she has created supplements or diet related items as I have seen vitamins and granola snacking bars. She has shapewear, yoga wear, plus lingerie. I have seen exercise mats and towels with shower and bath soaps or lotions. Books too.

Yes, all over the place, that about sums up her empire because once something is checked off of her list, she starts on another list. Who wants to be a part of the world of someone who's so desperately unhappy and can't stay interested in anything for a moment longer than it takes to conquer it?

She does herself no favors standing in the audience talking with all of "[her] girls," just having this marvel of plastic surgery and controlled eating flanked by 100+ normal women is off-putting. This has always been billed as a talk show, right? I'm confused because it always comes back to strangers and sex, strangers and sex, strangers and sex... (and some weight issues too). She looked so sad during the short segment with the woman who'd changed her lifestyle after the hysterectomy when she went to hug the woman who's also in her group. Bethenny looked like she thought she would be part of the hug, but they were barely aware she was there. 

eta: Wasn't the "Place of Yes" book what she was writing while she was meeting with her wedding planner/while she while she was physically trying on dresses/when she was writing her vows, etc.?

Edited by meisja, Sep 13, 2013 @ 1:50 AM.

ButterQueen

ButterQueen

Couch Potato

Posted Sep 13, 2013 @ 8:30 AM

Bethenny was my favorite on RHONY, but this show is crap. I watched the first two back to back, while cleaning out drawers, and all I heard was sex, sex, sex. Today, she talked about why she couldn't be in a relationship with Ryan Gosling or George Clooney--as if!!!! Good lord, she really thinks she is an A celebrity.

I hate the beginning, where Bethenny and the audience stand there clapping forever!

Her plastic surgery looks horrible and she must weigh less than 100 pounds.

I turned off the show I was watching today (recorded) when she was asking the doctor about the landing strip (waxing).

I cannot believe Ellen is backing this crap.

Oh, and Bethenny needs to back off the Adderall, or whatever, because she talks too fast and jumps from topic to topic.

I hate the way she jokes about her divorce.

prosperity2day

prosperity2day

Fanatic

Posted Sep 13, 2013 @ 10:41 AM

ButterQueen

Oh, and Bethenny needs to back off the Adderall, or whatever, because she talks too fast and jumps from topic to topic.

That's the main reason I was turned off on her when she was on RHONY.  She talked so fast I couldn't understand what she was saying half the time.  I have no desire to watch her talk show. 

Grasonville

Grasonville

Couch Potato

Posted Sep 13, 2013 @ 11:05 AM

The woman from the audience in the bra makeover on today's show - really liked her - really wanted better for her - she was left in a bra that was STILL the wrong size - clearly the cups in the black bra were still too small and those thin straps were totally wrong for a woman her size.

What a shame.

iwasish

iwasish

Fanatic

Posted Sep 13, 2013 @ 1:57 PM

There must be something wrong with me, I really don't spend huge amounts of time worrying about my pubic hair and it's effect on the man/men in my life. Actually, I've never met a guy who, when allowed access to such area of my body, was so offended by grooming (or lack of) down there, that they packed up shop and refused to linger a bit. Had they? I doubt I'd have extended another invite, nor would the disappointment been such that I would have been motivated to make any changes.

King Cat Sam

King Cat Sam

Fanatic

Posted Sep 13, 2013 @ 2:57 PM

72 year old Marilyn should get her own talk show. At first, I thought this was going to be some reveal that this was BF's long lost mother coming out of the woodwork and declaring love for her successful child at last.  I don't know the Bethenny story, but aren't there Mother / Daughter issues ?

raiderred

raiderred

Couch Potato

Posted Sep 13, 2013 @ 4:14 PM

Was that for real that B. doesn't know what APR stands for?  Isn't she worth several millions of dollars?  God, I just can't with this woman!

jjj

jjj

Fanatic

Posted Sep 14, 2013 @ 1:13 AM

Yes, major major mother/daughter issues. So sorry you did not get to hear her video-recorded therapy sessions. (blech)

iwasish, that post is a riot!